Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Gunfire and 44 guests

Post #390281  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Now for Forest to do us a favour :58big-emoticons:

I still think City have a draw in them, maybe not today but who knows.

Post #390282  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Raya worked his skin off after gifting them the goal. He claimed all those crosses with authority :53big-emoticons:

I'm not as forgiving. The game was drifting along until he dropped that clanger. The worst goal we have conceded all season.

Post #390283  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:08 pm 

Also not that it was mentioned once in the game but spurs had 2 weeks ff before this game, and between them playing last and this game we’d played 4 times including a double header v Bayern and a London derby midweek v Chelsea. Spurs should have absolutely been fresher in the second half.

The narrative will be about Arsenal ‘almost choking’ when it should be a) brilliant mental strength to see that out in one of the toughest away games and b) spurs being so pathetic to be 3-0 down and offering nothing to get back in it

Post #390284  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
Phew. Far closer than it had to be. Spurs only came back in to that through 2 of our mistakes. You get games between two teams where one is clearly superior but they can be close, add in the NLD and the potential to humiliate them at home and there was always going to be a reaction.

Couldn’t stand sky sports for that today, the entire narrative they had pre written was about us choking, they were desperate for it.

How did Richarlison get away with that char he straight at Gabriel - nasty piece of work.

The ref was very kind to us today.

Post #390285  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 pm 

Also, in terms of ‘also gave it away’ was there any actual chances Spurs had after they got the second. It was pressure but it wasn’t ever looking like ready to concede

Post #390286  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:12 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phew. Far closer than it had to be. Spurs only came back in to that through 2 of our mistakes. You get games between two teams where one is clearly superior but they can be close, add in the NLD and the potential to humiliate them at home and there was always going to be a reaction.

Couldn’t stand sky sports for that today, the entire narrative they had pre written was about us choking, they were desperate for it.

How did Richarlison get away with that char he straight at Gabriel - nasty piece of work.

The ref was very kind to us today.

So fair then. Which is rare in this game

Post #390287  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:12 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
This is an unnecessary disaster

Isn't it ; if they had got to 3 -3 I would have been so p***sed off .

Has Raya got any brain cells at all on active duty ...?

When teams water the pitch we shouldn't be f****%% around near our penalty area because there is high possibility of a mishap . Trossard ran himself into endless trouble

Anyway 3 . 12 am .. get a hot water bottle and I'm going back to bed :brushteeth:

Post #390288  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:20 pm 

Rich wrote:

Yes, the coms were ridiculous.

Funny game. Spurs were better in the first half and we score three. We were better in the in the second half and conceded two.

We had opportunities to bury them, and yet conceded two, one silly and one unlucky. Apart from those two, Spurs didn't have much threat in the second half.

Post #390289  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 pm 

Havertz was terrific today, goal and assist in a massive away game. Held the ball well, won fouls, moved us up the pitch.

Saka more than won his battle against Davies who could have been booked much earlier than he was.

Tactics were good, there was no need to get involved in a basketball style match with spurs, let them have more of the ball than we normally would away from home and wait for the gaps to appear behind their weak back line, they are a tweak that has conceded 50+ goals in the league giving up chances and goals from set pieces is their norm. The goals we gave them are not the norm for us.

Post #390290  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm 

dec wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
Raya worked his skin off after gifting them the goal. He claimed all those crosses with authority :53big-emoticons:

I'm not as forgiving. The game was drifting along until he dropped that clanger. The worst goal we have conceded all season.

Not happy with him too. But I think he worked very hard to make up for it.

Post #390291  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

I'm on Dec's team , the bloody clown turned what was a comfortable cruise in the park into a Chew Your fingernails to the bone Extravaganza .

" Claimed all the crosses " he did what any run of the mill goalie should do .

Raya gives me the heebie jeebies , he often does that little ball trap then stands on it and does a stupid little Hokey Cokey rolling it back and forth then punts it upfield at the last possible moment , sort of game of chicken with the opposition

...... :laughing7: as you can guess I'm not particularly enamoured with the guy

Post #390292  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 pm 

Rich wrote:
Also not that it was mentioned once in the game but spurs had 2 weeks ff before this game, and between them playing last and this game we’d played 4 times including a double header v Bayern and a London derby midweek v Chelsea. Spurs should have absolutely been fresher in the second half.

The narrative will be about Arsenal ‘almost choking’ when it should be a) brilliant mental strength to see that out in one of the toughest away games and b) spurs being so pathetic to be 3-0 down and offering nothing to get back in it

I heard the 2 weeks rest mentioned once. Not sure if we had the same commentary team.

Post #390293  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
This is an unnecessary disaster

Isn't it ; if they had got to 3 -3 I would have been so p***sed off .

Has Raya got any brain cells at all on active duty ...?

When teams water the pitch we shouldn't be f****%% around near our penalty area because there is high possibility of a mishap . Trossard ran himself into endless trouble

Anyway 3 . 12 am .. get a hot water bottle and I'm going back to bed :brushteeth:

Sleep well Kiwi :icon_mrgreen:

Post #390294  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm 

When you look at Raya’s error he’s clearly caught in two minds right up the point he is in the motion of kicking it. It’s like a golfer chunking a shot. Like he’s almost pulling out of the kick as he kicks the ground first then just chips it to Romero

Post #390295  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
Havertz was terrific today, goal and assist in a massive away game. Held the ball well, won fouls, moved us up the pitch.

Saka more than won his battle against Davies who could have been booked much earlier than he was.

Tactics were good, there was no need to get involved in a basketball style match with spurs, let them have more of the ball than we normally would away from home and wait for the gaps to appear behind their weak back line, they are a tweak that has conceded 50+ goals in the league giving up chances and goals from set pieces is their norm. The goals we gave them are not the norm for us.

Apart from his attacking contrinution, Saka was our best outlet and held possession brilliantly in the second half, one of his best performances of the season.

Havertz was superb but I would have liked to see Jesus coming on at some point. All those games were showing in Havertz' legs by the end.

Post #390296  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Rich wrote:

I heard the 2 weeks rest mentioned once. Not sure if we had the same commentary team.

Fair enough. But it really should have been part of the build up and in game analysis far more

Post #390297  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 pm 

Rich wrote:
When you look at Raya’s error he’s clearly caught in two minds right up the point he is in the motion of kicking it. It’s like a golfer chunking a shot. Like he’s almost pulling out of the kick as he kicks the ground first then just chips it to Romero

Yes, done that before. Skewed an easy chip into the green, right into a side bunker. Shifted club midway through swing.

Post #390298  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm 

We were happy to meet with the win. If someone said 5 goals were going to be scored in this game I'd guess us 4-1 or 5-0. Tottenham fans will tell themselves and anyone who'd listen that if the extra time was longer and this, that or the other call went their way, they'd have won if not drawn.

Spurs are a much better team than Man Utd but I think we'll have a tougher time there. We simply do not do well there no matter how bad they are.

I think had we played Martinelli through the middle in the final 10 minutes or so of the game we'd have possibly gotten him either one on one with their keeper or in a position where they'd foul him and be sent off.

Post #390299  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:56 pm 

Raya has saved us from the opposition scoring more times than I can recall. I'll forgive him for a lapse.

Post #390300  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm 

Havertz. 8 goals and 5 assists in his last 11 games. It’s fair to say he’s settled in the team now!

[ 390300 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9754, 9755, 9756, 9757, 9758