Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 277 guests

Post #472081  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:04 pm 

They are quicker, sharper and more aggressive all over the pitch.

Post #472082  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

The more I see of Lacazette, the less convinced I am about him

Post #472083  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 pm 

Get Iwobi off ffs

Post #472084  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:10 pm 

Wenger out, someone else in

Post #472085  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 pm 

Iwobi is useless

Post #472086  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 pm 

They move forward so fast, and we on the other hand, must have those extra touches and passes, and then lose the ball

Post #472087  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:16 pm 

john1 wrote:
The more I see of Lacazette, the less convinced I am about him

And that doesn’t improve my opinion

Post #472088  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:16 pm 

Poor effort from Lacazette.

Post #472089  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 pm 

Happy with a draw here ....... :sad4:

Post #472090  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 pm 

That was pathetic from Lacazette. Unbelievable.

Post #472091  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 pm 

Lacazette does not seem to have his heart in it anymore

Post #472092  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
That was pathetic from Lacazette. Unbelievable.

And again ....

Post #472093  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm 

Nketiah would have buried that. Ffs.

Post #472094  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm 

And Lacazette misses again

Post #472095  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Nketiah would have buried that. Ffs.

Chamakh would have!

Post #472096  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

Terrible, terrible second half. Čech kept the score down it could easily have been 3 or 4.

Post #472097  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

*%^@*** diabolical. Men against boys. We could have lost that 5-1.

Spurs were stronger, faster, fitter and wanted it more. They were also better technically which is shows how far we have fallen.

Our forwards were awful, our midfield diabolical and the less said about our defence the better.

Post #472098  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 pm 

The big recovery most of the forum told us about after beating Everton seems to have disappeared. Wilshire getting excited after the final whistle. Too bad he didn't turn up as a player. He was absolutely useless. Not good enough to be an Arsenal player.

Post #472099  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 pm 

Just too slow in the attacks. Boring boring Arsenal. Wenger, what do you coach these players about??????????????????

Post #472100  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 pm 

socrates wrote:
*%^@*** diabolical. Men against boys. We could have lost that 5-1.

Spurs were stronger, faster, fitter and wanted it more.

Our forwards were awful, our midfield diabolical and the less said about our defence the better.

You meant 5-0, we just didn't have anything in us to score a goal

Post #472101  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm 

Boring game - typical of modern football really, very little intensity and well outplayed. We are going nowhere but backwards and I don't expect we'll be returning to the big boys table anytime soon, with or without Wenger.

We are an investment for an American sports franchise portfolio and a loan guarantor for bigger projects going on in the US for KSE Inc., why anyone would waste their time and money on this club anymore is a total mystery to me.

RIP

Post #472102  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:51 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
The big recovery most of the forum told us about after beating Everton seems to have disappeared. Wilshire getting excited after the final whistle. Too bad he didn't turn up as a player. He was absolutely useless. Not good enough to be an Arsenal player.

Thought he was one of the few to be able to come out of the game head held high. For his skillset he played pretty well. Needs legs and running power alongside him. Xhaka offers neither, and indeed, needs legs and running power alongside himself. Elneny didn't do anything wrong, but is a limited player who fills the squad role he owns (that of back-up) to an Ok degree. Özil tried, HM7 had a bad day, and Mustafi was also poor.

This isn't a criticism of Taylor, who I thought did pretty well today (better than his linesmen) but a ref happy to manage the game is always going to benefit this Spurs team over us, because where we lack sufficient physicality, they have it abundance. Eriksson apart almost of their players are bigger than all of ours, much better at the early rotational foul to stop breaks, and they are all adept at using their physicality. We simply can't compete on a physical level so need our technical players to play well. Some did, some really didn't...and we missed Ramsey's movement, energy and willingness to make runs today.

No complaints at all about the result, and an illustration of the various changes needed at Arsenal.

1) A manager who actually knows how to drill the team defensively and how to change its shape without just chasing game madly.
2) A better centre-back than Mustafi. We know the club were after Manolas from Roma, but understandably the didn't want to sell in Jan.
3) A physical central midfielder with running power and skill. We've never replaced Paddy. Diaby could have been that guy if that Sunderland cretin didn't try to make a name for himself in the last minute of dead game. Its been a problem for years. Both Xhaka & Jack need that player alongside them to be successful.

I could see that alone transform this team in to a genuine Champion's League team overnight. With smart dealing that could be £50m-£60m all in, and would make such a difference to this team. A proper winger would also be a massive boost, but with Nelson coming through that feels less of a definitive need.

Post #472103  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm 

Where to start. Overall, sperz wanted it more. With the magnitude of the game, not just rivalry and passion but the table and CL qualification implications, we didn't play like we wanted it. New boy Mkhitaryan didn't show up and gives us a clue of why he couldn't get minutes under Mourinho.
While sperz were closing us down when we had the ball, we gave them too much respect and time on the ball.
Čech saved us from a mauling. To be balanced, I felt the linesman called two of our big chances offsides.
Please, Wenger, please spend big money on a top defensive center mid and a world class defender.
While I was left frustrated by two of Lacazette's misses, the volley and far post, he at least had chances and found space to receive the ball in dangerous positions.

Overall, the real issue Arsenal squads have had for several years is a lack of belief and mental strength. Its been lacking for years, and players come and go and it's still there. The one common denominator is Wenger.

Post #472104  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:56 pm 

All that said, no Dembele and no Kane and we beat Spurs every time. The former makes their midfield something other than lumps who give the ball to Eriksson and the better is just the best centre-forward in the country by a distance, who can hurt you in lots of ways.

If Spurs don't get top 4 this year, they could be in trouble in the medium term. If those two got injured at the same time I could see them dropping out.

As for us, its Europa League all the way. We really need Lacazette to get some goals in Sweden, as his confidence is through the floor.

Post #472105  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
No complaints at all about the result, and an illustration of the various changes needed at Arsenal.

1) A manager who actually knows how to drill the team defensively and how to change its shape without just chasing game madly.
2) A better centre-back than Mustafi. We know the club were after Manolas from Roma, but understandably the didn't want to sell in Jan.
3) A physical central midfielder with running power and skill. We've never replaced Paddy. Diaby could have been that guy if that Sunderland cretin didn't try to make a name for himself in the last minute of dead game. Its been a problem for years. Both Xhaka & Jack need that player alongside them to be successful.

I could see that alone transform this team in to a genuine Champion's League team overnight. With smart dealing that could be £50m-£60m all in, and would make such a difference to this team. A proper winger would also be a massive boost, but with Nelson coming through that feels less of a definitive need.

I thought Kos was worse than Mustafi today, he looked like his legs are gone and he was bullied by Kane. Mustafi is limited and certainly not of the level required but he actually was the better player today.

Post #472106  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:02 pm 

lomekian wrote:
All that said, no Dembele and no Kane and we beat Spurs every time. The former makes their midfield something other than lumps who give the ball to Eriksson and the better is just the best centre-forward in the country by a distance, who can hurt you in lots of ways.

If Spurs don't get top 4 this year, they could be in trouble in the medium term. If those two got injured at the same time I could see them dropping out.

As for us, its Europa League all the way. We really need Lacazette to get some goals in Sweden, as his confidence is through the floor.

I would have expected Aubameyang to show more than he did today. Service was non-existant but great players tend to find a way to influence games even when their team is not in the ascendancy.

Mika looked extremely lightweight physically.

Post #472107  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:03 pm 

socrates wrote:
lomekian wrote:

I thought Kos was worse than Mustafi today, he looked like his legs are gone and he was bullied by Kane. Mustafi is limited and certainly not of the level required but he actually was the better player today.

We'll agree to differ. Though I agree Kos probably needs a rest with his dodgy Achilles and isn't currently at his peak level.

Post #472108  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:07 pm 

socrates wrote:
lomekian wrote:

I would have expected Aubameyang to show more than he did today. Service was non-existant but great players tend to find a way to influence games even when their team is not in the ascendancy.

Aubameyang has never been a player to get much involved in the build up except on counter attacks. He's a lightning quick poacher who is at his best with through balls or attacking crosses. Twice he was incorrectly flagged when possibly through (though both were very close and difficult calls), but i'd have fancied him more with the chances Lacazette had - just as Lacazette is actually better at getting involved in build up play, and certainly better from range or unusual shooting angles.

Post #472109  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:12 pm 

lomekian wrote:
socrates wrote:

We'll agree to differ. Though I agree Kos probably needs a rest with his dodgy Achilles and isn't currently at his peak level.

Pure Nostalgia

Great player but well past his best and has been for a couple of seasons

Post #472110  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:18 pm 

lomekian wrote:
socrates wrote:

Aubameyang has never been a player to get much involved in the build up except on counter attacks. He's a lightning quick poacher who is at his best with through balls or attacking crosses. Twice he was incorrectly flagged when possibly through (though both were very close and difficult calls), but i'd have fancied him more with the chances Lacazette had - just as Lacazette is actually better at getting involved in build up play, and certainly better from range or unusual shooting angles.

Maybe I am being unfair but even though I know his game is based on playing on the shoulder of defenders I still feel somewhat underwhelmed that we had £100m of strikers on at the end and still looked goal-shy.

Post #472111  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:20 pm 

Wenger has been passed it for 10 years (I pointed it out a decade ago and nobody listened)

Kosielny and Monreal whilst being very good servants to the club are both well past their best. FACT. You can't allow an opponent to simply do their bidding like that.

Ramsey had half a decent season then got his agent to start angling for a move to Spain and diverted his focus ever since. He will leave this summer or do a Sanchez if he can't go where he wants

Lacazette??? Where do you start? I got a text from a mate just after he came on. It read as follows " look at Lacazette, his confidence is destroyed why is this ?" Then he missed 2 amazing chances.

WENGER OUT! Shame on those on here who defended him for so long, enablers to the decline of our club.

Post #472112  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 pm 

I saw Wenger's interview with the BT Sport guy before the game and he looked and talked like a man whose heart is no longer in it. I would not be at all surprised if he leaves in the summer.

Post #472113  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 pm 

socrates wrote:
lomekian wrote:

He did but I felt he had a bad game but isn't a bad player. He's more of a ljungberg type I feel.

We sold Theo, Sanchez and chamberlain and they were our only players who could run directly at defences and commit defenders.

There were no carriers in that team and we had 4 players in jack, mesut, el Nenny and Xhaka who all wanted to occupy the same central space. Balance was off.

Post #472114  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:29 pm 

lomekian wrote:
All that said, no Dembele and no Kane and we beat Spurs every time.

Eh

Take Kosielny and Özil out of our side and see what happens to us ??

To quote Hudson in Aliens "maybe we got em demoralised"

Post #472115  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Wenger has been passed it for 10 years (I pointed it out a decade ago and nobody listened)

Kosielny and Monreal whilst being very good servants to the club are both well past their best. FACT. You can't allow an opponent to simply do their bidding like that.

Ramsey had half a decent season then got his agent to start angling for a move to Spain and diverted his focus ever since. He will leave this summer or do a Sanchez if he can't go where he wants

Lacazette??? Where do you start? I got a text from a mate just after he came on. It read as follows " look at Lacazette, his confidence is destroyed why is this ?" Then he missed 2 amazing chances.

WENGER OUT! Shame on those on here who defended him for so long, enablers to the decline of our club.

Shame on the enablers to the decline? - you really are delusional...anyone who thinks that the club gives a flying F about the opinions of a few people from around the globe chatting on a forum is living in a bizarre alternate reality that has no relation to real life.

As for Koscielny & Monreal - the former appears to be past his best and the latter is still at his best, which is pretty good but never amazing...but they are still constantly committed guys who are the least of our problems, and still capable of great performances.

Ramsey has been good this season, though as per usual has struggled with injury. I don't think he's dropped off at all, even if the team has been poorly balanced etc.

Lacazette's confidence is poor because for the first team in 4 years he's not scoring all the time and the team has been struggling to take chances. Lest we forget at points Henry, Pires and even Bergkamp looked to be lacking in confidence and they were better players in a better team in a weaker division.

Post #472116  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:01 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
lomekian wrote:
All that said, no Dembele and no Kane and we beat Spurs every time.

Eh

Take Kosielny and Özil out of our side and see what happens to us ??

To quote Hudson in Aliens "maybe we got em demoralised"

Well given you just said Kos is shot and given that we have a number of potential number 10s, maybe the team drop off wouldn't be so great?

Post #472117  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 pm 

Goonie wrote:
lomekian wrote:

We should hv tried ball over the top of their defence with their high line - Aubameyang's pace wasnt exploited.

Certainly didn't do it enough. And we needed to get him on Vertonghen's side rather than always up against the technically limited but very quick Sanchez.

Post #472118  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:32 pm 

lomekian wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

As for Koscielny & Monreal - the former appears to be past his best and the latter is still at his best, which is pretty good but never amazing...but they are still constantly committed guys who are the least of our problems, and still capable of great performances.

They are the problem, the whole defence is.

Clueless

Post #472119  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm 

5 away wins all season. Great performances. What a prat

Post #472120  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
lomekian wrote:

They are the problem, the whole defence is.

Clueless

If you think the primary causes of our defensive problems are our two most consistent defenders then you win the clueless award hands down.

No one is comparing them to our best defenders in the last 30 years, but to suggest that there aren't other more pressing issues with the team than those two is to completely misunderstand how football works.

[ 560837 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11800, 11801, 11802, 11803, 11804, 11805, 11806 ... 14021  Next