Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 280 guests

Post #472081  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:51 pm 

Wenger with his usual rubbish in the press conference.

He talks so much about us letting the previous game affect us. Surely that is page 1 of football management to get tour team to move past poor performances and prepare properly for the next game.

I don’t want wenger to step down....I want him sacked because that is what he now deserves. Every excuse is gone. He bought this all on himself, he refuses to see what is staring him in the face. Arsenal F.C. truly have become Arsene FC. It is his own vanity project and it is killing the club.

No doubt in my mind that he leaves us in a worse position than when he took over. You can look at the stadium and previous trophies but I’m judging it on what it took for us to be England’s top club when he joined to what it will take from when he leaves. We’re so far behind in every aspect and he hadn’t left yet, it will get worse.

Ideal situation is we win Europa and he gets pushed, but that is probably the most unlikely situation to happen for so many reasons

Post #472082  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 pm 

lomekian wrote:
One of the sad things is that the players were actually better and more motivated than the cup final, but City were more clinical going forwards and our team's confidence in the collective is GONE.

They don't believe in each other or the manager. I don't think its a lack of effort. I think its a lack of belief and conviction in both the team's quality and the tactical set up. Its so easy for teams to score against us, and we have to work our nuts off to score.

It currently seems incomprehensible that the manager will be here next year, even given Kroenke's love for him.

Indeed. We were better tonight but unfortunately, City upped their level and when they play like they did in the first half, they are simply too good for us. Our confidence is shot to pieces. Our lack of a defined game plan exacerbates the problem. We are just broken.

Post #472083  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 pm 

Bright side..

at least we don't have to put up with Sanchez over playing anymore. We've done really well since he went

Post #472084  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 pm 

Make it stoooooooppppppppppp.

Please please please, Arsene.

Or anybody.

Just make it stop.

Post #472085  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 pm 

Disappointed it finished 3. Was hoping for 5 or 6 at half time.

Post #472086  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 pm 

AW: "I feel we produced physically our highest performance of the season."

We did spend a long time chasing city shadows!

Post #472087  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 pm 

John wrote:

Look at what we've become.

Post #472088  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 pm 

Can he not see? Can he not realise what he has to do now?

Post #472089  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:29 pm 

Even at our best when did we ever so thoroughly and regularly outclass another big team in the prem? I know we had the Indian sign over teams like Chelsea for a while but they were always generally tight games where we had to be on top of our game to win.

The ease at which city have mowed us down 3-0 in back to back games, one in 1st gear and one whilst only needing 35 minutes, shows how we cannot be considered a big team in this league. The last two games are the sort and style of victories big teams hand out to mid table teams. Minimum fuss, minimum effort.

If it has taken a world class coach and nearly £400m to take Man City to the level they are what is it going to take us, without their unlimited resources?

Post #472090  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:29 pm 

The smallest amount of pride, dignity and self-awareness. That's all he needs now.

Post #472091  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:38 pm 

Imagine if Brighton (hopefully ) beat us

They will need to start handing out complimentary horse tranquilisers at games soon.

Sky said we have lost more premiership games than any other team during 2018. This team is a corpse dead on the floor.

Post #472092  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 pm 

Daz wrote:
John wrote:

And I would have been considered one of the ‘akb’ until relatively recently. Even Richard Nixon would have jumped by now. All so sad.

Post #472093  Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 pm 

John wrote:
Daz wrote:

And I would have been considered one of the ‘akb’ until relatively recently. Even Richard Nixon would have jumped by now. All so sad.

Spot on

I’d also add that I disagree with Rich when he said Wenger doesn’t want to quit his ‘vanity project’ as it’s not his vanity project anymore. Wenger bloody well knows he’s *%^@*** up big time and hurting the club. This damage isn’t caused by a blinded love. He’s *%^@*** up big style, knows it and doesn’t give a *%^@

Post #472094  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
What is Wenger going to say now? Back to back 0-3 defeats to the same team.

Michi and Aubameyang are just not interested in this team. They are here for reasons other than loving the club. Unfortunately, Wenger only buys rejects and crocked players.

You can't describe Aubameyang as a reject or crock. He came with a huge reputation in Europe, great scoring record and many big clubs have looked at him. We were all excited when he joined but Wenger has destroyed this club from the first team to the support.

He and his coach were not getting on. Otherwise, we would not have a chance of having him. What I am implying is that Wenger no longer go for the stars. All these BS talk about Lemar, all smoke and mirrors from him and the club.

Post #472095  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:32 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Who will want to travel down to Brighton? It'll be freezing cold and another potential beting............

We might win well here, and then most of the players will tweet that we are back.

Post #472096  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
We cant beat clubs ahead of us in the table. Not even getting a draw we are losing to these sides, home and away a lot.
If, I imagine, Wenger has not been asked to come to Gazidis' office or face Stan's board to answer some questions then it tells me what the ownership of this club is really about. There isn't a side in the EPL or lower divisions, given our exact situation that wouldn't have called Wenger into the office for a chat on the direction and recent results and what he plans to do. To get reassurance.

Stan doesn't know and to some extent doesn't care. The revenue is what he's primarily concerned about. If he wins fine, if he doesn't but it's still profitable, then he can live with it. Does Josh feel the same way? Gazidis, I have to be guessing is upset about this. How much influence with Kroenke does he and the ones who really do care have with Stan?

I can't blame Wenger fully. He's acting according to type. This is Wenger. He is not the owner. He has a boss and that boss is letting him carry on with this. As I've always said, why is everyone upset at an employee whose actions are allowed by his boss? Blame the boss not the employee. The boss is the one who is to blame ultimately.

The fans, as a collective, are the biggest victims....and culprits. Paying the for the most expensive season ticket in the world. And a waiting list for season tickets to see this. Stan sees that. So, when Gazidis or others comes to him and says 'we need changes, we are not 6th and not looking like we will get any better' He will say, 'The fans are willing to pay to come see us. How do you explain the long waiting list for season tickets?'

What answer would you give? The only counter is over time it will dissipate and there will be the loss of the CL money over time.

Maybe he can live with that. He'll ask what are the cost to replace Wenger and can he find someone who can field a good team with the same budgetary mindset on transfers.

AG, are you saying you will live with this malaise? You have no issues with Wenger's lack of tactical nous? You are no issues that we have declined to this level, and to stay there? You have no issue with a manager who keeps getting defensive when it is clear Arsenal is well past it? You have no issue with someone earning a very huge wage, but need not take ownership of results he is accountable for?

Post #472097  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:52 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bright side..

at least we don't have to put up with Sanchez over playing anymore. We've done really well since he went

sarcasm?

Post #472098  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:12 am 

gooner7 wrote:

AG, are you saying you will live with this malaise? You have no issues with Wenger's lack of tactical nous? You are no issues that we have declined to this level, and to stay there? You have no issue with a manager who keeps getting defensive when it is clear Arsenal is well past it? You have no issue with someone earning a very huge wage, but need not take ownership of results he is accountable for?

I would personally fly to London and help Wenger pack and drive him to the airport risking life and limb because you lot refuse to drive on the right side of road [ :icon_mrgreen: ] if that's Stan told me personally to do that if it that's what it would take. I swear I would. But what's the point?

Wenger is mismanaging the side. Clearly. Who is allowing him to? That's the bigger issue. Writing about Wenger's lackings may be cathartic but it's an exercise in futility. I can't get him out. You can't. None of us on this forum can. Who can? And how do we get him to do it.

Pete on the beach is at least trying to do that and I give him a lot of respect for at least trying.

Post #472099  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:31 am 

dec wrote:
lomekian wrote:
One of the sad things is that the players were actually better and more motivated than the cup final, but City were more clinical going forwards and our team's confidence in the collective is GONE.

They don't believe in each other or the manager. I don't think its a lack of effort. I think its a lack of belief and conviction in both the team's quality and the tactical set up. Its so easy for teams to score against us, and we have to work our nuts off to score.

It currently seems incomprehensible that the manager will be here next year, even given Kroenke's love for him.

Indeed. We were better tonight but unfortunately, City upped their level and when they play like they did in the first half, they are simply too good for us. Our confidence is shot to pieces. Our lack of a defined game plan exacerbates the problem. We are just broken.

Did you read what Kompany said before the match? Basically something along the lines of "Arsenal are wounded after the cup and we (city) should expect one of our toughest games of the season and match our effort to that". Basically spoke like a prepared and motivated professional and captain who would not tolerate a lack of effort. Spoken like a true winner.... http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-c ... ardest-yet

Post #472100  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:31 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
John wrote:

Spot on

I’d also add that I disagree with Rich when he said Wenger doesn’t want to quit his ‘vanity project’ as it’s not his vanity project anymore. Wenger bloody well knows he’s *%^@*** up big time and hurting the club. This damage isn’t caused by a blinded love. He’s *%^@*** up big style, knows it and doesn’t give a *%^@

I don't think its either a vanity project or not caring. I think it's more like an addiction. He just can't help himself and is sustained by the irrational belief that we are about to turn a corner. It's pitiful really. He should have been gently removed a decade ago.

Post #472101  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 am 

gooner7 wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
We cant beat clubs ahead of us in the table. Not even getting a draw we are losing to these sides, home and away a lot.
If, I imagine, Wenger has not been asked to come to Gazidis' office or face Stan's board to answer some questions then it tells me what the ownership of this club is really about. There isn't a side in the EPL or lower divisions, given our exact situation that wouldn't have called Wenger into the office for a chat on the direction and recent results and what he plans to do. To get reassurance.

Stan doesn't know and to some extent doesn't care. The revenue is what he's primarily concerned about. If he wins fine, if he doesn't but it's still profitable, then he can live with it. Does Josh feel the same way? Gazidis, I have to be guessing is upset about this. How much influence with Kroenke does he and the ones who really do care have with Stan?

I can't blame Wenger fully. He's acting according to type. This is Wenger. He is not the owner. He has a boss and that boss is letting him carry on with this. As I've always said, why is everyone upset at an employee whose actions are allowed by his boss? Blame the boss not the employee. The boss is the one who is to blame ultimately.

The fans, as a collective, are the biggest victims....and culprits. Paying the for the most expensive season ticket in the world. And a waiting list for season tickets to see this. Stan sees that. So, when Gazidis or others comes to him and says 'we need changes, we are not 6th and not looking like we will get any better' He will say, 'The fans are willing to pay to come see us. How do you explain the long waiting list for season tickets?'

What answer would you give? The only counter is over time it will dissipate and there will be the loss of the CL money over time.

Maybe he can live with that. He'll ask what are the cost to replace Wenger and can he find someone who can field a good team with the same budgetary mindset on transfers.

I agree with AG here. Wenger is like a has-been boxer who refuses to retire. And I don't think it has anything to do with the money.

Post #472102  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
I have to assume Wenger is not going to be offered a new contract. Logic dictates no but we are talking about Arsenal where logic is replaced with chaos theory.

Clearly he's not getting a new contract but the question will be if he sees out his current one which would involve him staying another year.

I can't imagine what another season of this would be like but I would envisage shirt and ticket sales might go down a bit. I do wonder if we go out to Milan the club might announce his departure before the end of the season.

I don't think that you can make an presumptions. Look at this scenario:
He is stubborn and he is still here next year
we get a good draw and are near the top of the table after 10 games
we haven't played any of the real challengers or if we have we have picked up a couple of draws
Wenger goes to Stan and states 'I have fixed our problems. Instead of going thru all the problems of my last contract, just give me a 10% wage rise and I will sign for another 2 years right now.'
Done and dusted.

Post #472103  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:15 am 

Bernard wrote:
You proved nothing. A big fat zero. Bertie Mee was the manger who nearly got us relegated, and a big reason for that was him signing Mancini. So I couldn't give a toss if he tried to justify that signing by claiming otherwise.

Starting to splutter there Arsene , happens under pressure ..... See this isn't the same as the Wiltord v Ljungberg or Supply and Demand debates where you managed to manouevre your opponents into a Mud Wrestling contest so no -one knew in the finish who said what or who was who .... no , no

Forum heavyweights Oz Gaz and Pete on Brighton Beach say you are wrong ; as does David O ' Leary , Bertie Mee , and my good self .

End of story ...suck it up .

Wasn't too hard really that win .

Post #472104  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Spot on

I don't think its either a vanity project or not caring. I think it's more like an addiction. He just can't help himself and is sustained by the irrational belief that we are about to turn a corner. It's pitiful really. He should have been gently removed a decade ago.

See that's the thing I don't believe it's an irrational belief anymore, it was with him at one stage but not now.

He knows hes damaging Arsenal now and bloody well ignores it.

He rejects the idea of employing specialist defensive coaches despite a decade of problems. (Did you see Keowns comments yesterday saying he would help us sort this for free)

Rejects the idea his coaching team is dated despite people like Peyton and primorac being with Arsenal for around 20 years

And just don't believe anymore this is misguided love. It's bollocks he's not stupid

Post #472105  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:20 am 

Hey Gaz ... watching the V8's ....?

Wincup has just smacked the wall .... then travelled down the straight shedding wheels , suspension , body parts

...both my son and I dyed in the wool Ford men can't stop laughing , bit of karma for cheating McLaughlin last season .

Will take some effort to get that car ready for tomorrow ...... chassis is the key .

Post #472106  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:16 am 

Wenger may be French but he seems like he grew up near enough to the German border in Alsace that he thinks like a German. He has that Prussian finality about him. He truly believes he knows more about football than anyone at the club so to him, he shouldn't be second guessed. I think he truly believes no one can do his job better given his present circumstances. That's Wenger. He may adjust a little (such as letting go of 4-4-2 when he didn't have the players to do it as well as back 3 instead of back 4) but overall, he's as stubborn as a mule.

6th place is new territory and strangely enough it doesn't feel unexpected and a shock. Similar to how I saw Man Utd fans when Moyes was there and they accepted a low finish as what it is but they knew the club would eventually move mountains to get back to winning ways. The same with Chelsea as well.

The same can't be said of Arsenal. No one expected Chelsea or Man Utd to stay down. It was a matter of when not if they would right their wrongs and buy their way out of their poor finish.

But The Arsenal? I could easily see us like this for a few years till we figure it out.

Post #472107  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:20 am 

Bernard wrote:
Wonder why the posts I've quoted today when writing a post myself haven't come out in yellow?

:laughing7: talking sh***t

Post #472108  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Imagine if Brighton (hopefully ) beat us

They will need to start handing out complimentary horse tranquilisers at games soon.

Sky said we have lost more premiership games than any other team during 2018. This team is a corpse dead on the floor.

Brighton fans are cautious because -as we all know - at some point arsenal will have one of their off the cuff 20 minute spells again and blow a team away , and - on north stand chat , their main forum- many would take a point now.Butequally they know that with the seagulls home form and performances of late which have shown lots of positive play and goals their in with a real chance on Sunday

Post #472109  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 am 

The one touch play from city for their 3rd goal was probably the best team goal I’ve seen all season. It must have been about 20 passes, and our press wasn’t too bad they were just one step ahead.

Post #472110  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am 

Decaf wrote:
It is dramatic. The current constititution allows expropriate with fair compensation. This is reasonable enough. But the ANC has botched land redistribution badly through inaction and failing to support emerging farmers. Agriculture in SA remains dominated by whites to a ridiculous degree. Zuma also landed them in it with his 'radical economic transformation rhetoric'. It is empty rhetoric but it has opened them up to being outflanked on the Left, and Julius Malema has gleefully exploited this.

But not that dramatic. The international media and so-called financial experts like to invoke the 'Zimbabwe' bogey. But what is likely to happen is a carefully considered constitutional amendment that will allow for expropriation without compensation in very specific circumstances. I suspect that the ANC is alarmed and wants to contain radical and populist pressure. They are not at all interested in revolutionising the countryside. Neither is Malema, really.

Hmm ... I'm thinking on the run here .......of course the Zimbabwe was more reliant on farming , South Africa has a much stronger economy , diamonds , gold , uranium etc but it probably all depends on the white dominated world banking system , whether they want to teach the uppity Zulus a lesson . They've shown in the past they can prop up Fannie Mae , Bear Sterns and let Lerhmann Bros take a dive .

Mind you the Chinese , Indians and Russians would probably be only too happy to step in .

"Expropriation without compensation under very specific circumstances " what the hell does that mean ..?

Post #472111  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:50 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I would personally fly to London and help Wenger pack and drive him to the airport risking life and limb because you lot refuse to drive on the right side of road [ :icon_mrgreen: ] if that's Stan told me personally to do that if it that's what it would take. I swear I would. But what's the point?

Wenger is mismanaging the side. Clearly. Who is allowing him to? That's the bigger issue. Writing about Wenger's lackings may be cathartic but it's an exercise in futility. I can't get him out. You can't. None of us on this forum can. Who can? And how do we get him to do it.

Pete on the beach is at least trying to do that and I give him a lot of respect for at least trying.

Was trying ; I gave it a go last year; now I’ve detached and been distracted by another club to divert the pain , and ironically at this pivotal point they meet on Sunday

Post #472112  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 am 

kiwipete wrote:

Forum heavyweights Oz Gaz and Pete on Brighton Beach say you are wrong ; as does David O ' Leary , Bertie Mee , and my good self .

Not sure i count as a forum heavyweight , certainly not these days

Post #472113  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:05 am 

I know we’ve been here before ; ours last year got to about 17000, and although it may be futile we might as well at least try,

Here is the latest petition https://www.change.org/p/arsenal-suppor ... e_petition

Sign and share if you can

Post #472114  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 am 

goonerguru wrote:
Jack Kelsey was the best keeper in my time supporting the Arsenal

:laughing7: :laughing7: hello ... look at this poser ... slam dunks all the newbie post 71 supporters .

I always rated George Swindin myself ...... very assured under the high ball , safe hands , commanded his area well , vocal .

Post #472115  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:11 am 

Pete on the beach wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Not sure i count as a forum heavyweight , certainly not these days

:laughing7: I added 10 kilos of lead under your saddle cloth .... anything to keep Bernard spitting and spluttering .

Post #472116  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 am 

Been out all day ..forgot about the City game ..see we lost 3 nil ..... did we compete , have a shot on target .

Post #472117  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:11 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Hey Gaz ... watching the V8's ....?

Wincup has just smacked the wall .... then travelled down the straight shedding wheels , suspension , body parts

...both my son and I dyed in the wool Ford men can't stop laughing , bit of karma for cheating McLaughlin last season .

Will take some effort to get that car ready for tomorrow ...... chassis is the key .

Type of doing a boycott because of last years last race. Will likely do 2 live races this year - Townsville & I have motivated my mates to do Bathurst.

A good friend of mine who is a Holden fan was really annoyed by last year as well & is wishing Lowndes & Whincup I’ll will. Last year was an absolute disgrace.

Post #472118  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:15 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Been out all day ..forgot about the City game ..see we lost 3 nil ..... did we compete , have a shot on target .

Don’t miss it. City were brilliant in breaking. You will look at them and remember the days of Bergkamph Pires and probably have a tear in your eyes. We are 30 points behind them and it showed.

Post #472119  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wenger may be French but he seems like he grew up near enough to the German border in Alsace that he thinks like a German. He has that Prussian finality about him.

A take so hot you could fry an egg on it.

Wenger. Klopp. Hitler. Just join the dots.

(Do you know where Prussia is located by the way?)

Post #472120  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am 

Last night I was reminded of a game I saw up at Middlesborough in 1999 when they were a run of the mill team and we were in our pomp. 1-6 was the scoreline and Anelka and Kanu ran riot. Kanu in particular was outrageous and drew gasps and spontaneous applause around the whole ground. We mullered them. Football from a different planet against a team who didn’t have a clue how to stop us. We gave such an exhibition of football mastery that towards the end, the home fans chanted ‘Can we play you every week’.

Last night I understood how that crowd must have felt.

[ 559787 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11800, 11801, 11802, 11803, 11804, 11805, 11806 ... 13995  Next