Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bing [Bot], warrior and 409 guests

Post #518521  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:54 pm 

It is sort of sad to say but it feels that villa simply have more quality in their team than we do.
Grealish is better than anything we have in that position, as is Barkley. Mginn only bettered by Partey.
I’d take Watkins over Lacazette and Nketiah any day of the week.
Mings and Konsa only bettered by Gabriel

Post #518522  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:54 pm 

Really sad.

As embarassing in many ways as some of the OT routs.

We've created nothing and Villa have carved us apart at will.

The scoreline does not flatter Villa.

Post #518523  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:55 pm 

Looks like, unfortunately, Bernard was right about Elneny. Nothing special at all today.

Post #518524  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 pm 

Got to question the attitude of so many of the players of they can go from the performance V Man U which was so good, to what we’ve served up today.

I bet Arteta thought he’d routed out those types, still plenty left seemingly.

Post #518525  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:59 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Looks like, unfortunately, Bernard was right about Elneny. Nothing special at all today.

Elneny was touted as a good partner for Partey, hasn't really had the chance today

Post #518526  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

The whole team been poor.

Post #518527  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

Our players think they can just turn up against the ‘lesser’ teams. It’s an attitude problem.

Post #518528  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

Rich wrote:
Got to question the attitude of so many of the players of they can go from the performance V Man U which was so good, to what we’ve served up today.

Our players are just overrrated, Rich.

We've lacked creativity all season and it will be our downfall

Post #518529  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

I've turned it off
Utter b%*&s%*^
Villa clearly are not mugs after what they did to liverpool and I knew it would be a tough game but *%^@*** 3 0
Really!!!
*%^@*** embarrassing.
What was the point of winning last week at utd???

Post #518530  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

Rich wrote:

But it goes deeper than that.

We have been really unthreatening this season. Very few chances created. Attacks in slo mo. And that was equally true of the Man U game.

Post #518531  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:01 pm 

The only hope I have with Arteta after this is, unlike previous managers, i don’t believe Arteta will accept this. It feels like so many of the standards Arteta has set since he came in have not been met tonight. Arteta himself is of course not blameless. But I would
Much rather keep Arteta than most of the players we have

Post #518532  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:01 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

We have been really unthreatening this season. Very few chances created. Attacks in slo mo. And that was equally true of the Man U game.

Very true. We create very little. Arteta needs to earn his corn after this.

Post #518533  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:03 pm 

The players should be ashamed of that tonight but when they get in their Ferraris and go home to their multi-million pound mansions you might ask where the hunger and desire is.

Post #518534  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:04 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

I thought he and Tierney were 2 of the few to come away with any credit. Could see he was trying.they have run rings around us in the 2nd half since Partey came off

Post #518535  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:05 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Very true. We create very little. Arteta needs to earn his corn after this.

Tierney with his crosses down the left and Bellerin running behind the defences on the right are our main tactics.

Post #518536  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I thought he and Tierney were 2 of the few to come away with any credit. Could see he was trying.they have run rings around us in the 2nd half since Partey came off

Yeah. But if it had been Elneny that went off I wouldn’t have expected Partey’s form to fall away. Partey is good enough to influence things in a positive way. Sadly Elneny is not. He’s like the sorcerer’s accomplice.

Post #518537  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm 

Of all the years to wipe £X millions randomly off the budget via a global pandemic it was the one when we needed a huge squad overhaul in and out. Still far too many average players at the club being paid way too much.

How much money would it take for Arsenal to even have an attack as good as Villa’s?

Post #518538  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:11 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:

Of course it goes deeper. But the attitude is the thing that doesn’t cost millions. Talent isn’t there definitely but that is seemingly only fixed in the transfer market.

Post #518539  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:11 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Yeah. But if it had been Elneny that went off I wouldn’t have expected Partey’s form to fall away. Partey is good enough to influence things in a positive way. Sadly Elneny is not. He’s like the sorcerer’s accomplice.

Ceballos came in and looked busy for a while then faded.

Post #518540  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:13 pm 

Saka and Aubameyang need a break.

The boss needs to think again.

We need a Drogba up front.

What a fecking shambles.

:8angers: :8angers: :22cry:

Post #518541  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:16 pm 

Thing is. We are a mid table team with delusions of grandeur. And have been for a few years now.

Post #518542  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:17 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The problem is really El Nenny is a squaddie and there’s only 1 decent midfielder at the club. Contrast our lot to Barkley and Grealish who ran rings around us. They would walk into our side.

As soon as Ceballos comes on El Nenny is forced into rushing off into one man presses, just not going to work

Post #518543  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:20 pm 

So frustrating to see strikers like Watkins, Bamford, Calvert-Lewin, ings, Wilson, Antonio just do basic centre forward play better than anything we can muster. None of these guys are world beaters, but they are good prem strikers who do their role for their team and who would all drastically improve our team.

Post #518544  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

The problem is really El Nenny is a squaddie and there’s only 1 decent midfielder at the club. Contrast our lot to Barkley and Grealish who ran rings around us. They would walk into our side.

As soon as Ceballos comes on El Nenny is forced into rushing off into one man presses, just not going to work

Very true.

Post #518545  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:22 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Saka and Aubameyang need a break.

The boss needs to think again.

We need a Drogba up front.

What a fecking shambles.

:8angers: :8angers: :22cry:

See my post above. Not even a Drogba - who was a phenomenal player - just a basic good level striker who can close down, make intelligent runs, be mobile, and even just have 6/10 level of finishing

Post #518546  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:22 pm 

Rich wrote:
So frustrating to see strikers like Watkins, Bamford, Calvert-Lewin, ings, Wilson, Antonio just do basic centre forward play better than anything we can muster. None of these guys are world beaters, but they are good prem strikers who do their role for their team and who would all drastically improve our team.

We had Giroud. But he was under-appreciated because he lacked pace.

Post #518547  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:24 pm 

Rich wrote:

Was about to post this observation Lacazette obviously off form but can anyone also see Nketiah being anywhere near that level of the guys mentioned here,

Post #518548  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:25 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Thing is. We are a mid table team with delusions of grandeur. And have been for a few years now.

Spot-on ltg

Post #518549  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:28 pm 

Rich wrote:

Again, spot-on Rich

Post #518550  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:30 pm 

Barkley created 6 chances in tonight’s game. The last time any arsenal player did that in any game was April 2018.

Post #518551  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:31 pm 

The trouble is I don't really see us being just one or two players short.

We have perhaps 1 player who would be near City or Liverpool's first 11 and that is simply not good enough.

I don't count Gabriel because its still far too early to tell what his eventual level will be.

Post #518552  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:32 pm 

We’re going to have to face up to a very up and down season. On occasion it will come together and we’ll play well and win, on others it’ll be like tonight.

We’re still paying the price of a series of squad building decisions that of you wrote them all down you’d be hard pushed to find a set of decisions that could have been worse for the club if we tried to implode the club from inside to out. I’m certainly not convinced we’re not still making some of those bad decisions still but I’m hopeful that we seem to have at least made some good ones.

The difference between the very rich is they can action things a lot quicker.

Post #518553  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:32 pm 

Rich wrote:
Barkley created 6 chances in tonight’s game. The last time any arsenal player did that in any game was April 2018.

And the irony is that very few Arsenal fans would have wanted the inconsistent Barkley anywhere near the club.

Post #518554  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 pm 

Ash wrote:
Oh look a catch by the keeper started it all off..

Funny that he didn’t fist it away - he caught and made a great pass and we were totally opened up. It was the quick thought process that made a difference.

If Emery’s team gave this performance people clambered for him to be sacked. By the way Aubameyang was atrocious. We were destroyed like we usually are against teams like Bayern. People having been saying he has fixed the defence but there was little to suggest that. The only good thing out of this game was my betting app was down and refused to take my bet.

Post #518555  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 pm 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:

And the irony is that very few Arsenal fans would have wanted the inconsistent Barley anywhere near the club.

Agreed, there’s loads of talented inconsistent types like him in the prem. goes to show how far away we are.

Post #518556  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:34 pm 

Rich wrote:
We’re going to have to face up to a very up and down season. On occasion it will come together and we’ll play well and win, on others it’ll be like tonight.

We’re still paying the price of a series of squad building decisions that of you wrote them all down you’d be hard pushed to find a set of decisions that could have been worse for the club if we tried to implode the club from inside to out. I’m certainly not convinced we’re not still making some of those bad decisions still but I’m hopeful that we seem to have at least made some good ones.

Arteta has to take some responsibilty as well though Rich. Play Aubameyang centrally for a start.

Are we actually any more consistent than under Emery?

Post #518557  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:36 pm 

david.d wrote:
I've turned it off
Utter b%*&s%*^
Villa clearly are not mugs after what they did to liverpool and I knew it would be a tough game but *%^@*** 3 0
Really!!!
*%^@*** embarrassing.

David, recall when AV were a consistent mid table side in the PL for a long time. They got relegated, now come back like gangbusters. May not stay that way, but then again we may not stay mid table either. Disappointing today to say the least. But there's the 2 week break now. Games coming up after will be pivotal obviously. I think MA really underestimates his opponents at times. His setup needs a more intrinsic scope of play than what he's often thinking he's providing. Speaks volumes of overhauling squad, expecting players to step up, be more disciplined, etc. Yet, doesn't transition onto the pitch that often, as seen by games played against sides we should have kicked to the kerb. I'll still support him, but he really needs to be more focused on ongoing issues.

Post #518558  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:38 pm 

Zed wrote:
david.d wrote:
I've turned it off
Utter b%*&s%*^
Really!!!
*%^@*** embarrassing.

David, recall when AV were a consistent mid table side in the PL for a long time. They got relegated, now come back like gangbusters. May not stay that way, but then again we may not stay mid table either. Disappointing today to say the least. But there's the 2 week break now. Games coming up after will be pivotal obviously. I think MA really underestimates his opponents at times. His setup needs a more intrinsic scope of play than what he's often thinking he's providing. Speaks volumes of overhauling squad, expecting players to step up, be more disciplined, etc. Yet, doesn't transition onto the pitch that often, as seen by games played against sides we should have kicked to the kerb. I'll still support him, but he really needs to be more focused on ongoing issues.

I know he's not blessed with a plethora of creative talents but Arteta is a frustratingly conservative coach.

Post #518559  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:39 pm 

Rich wrote:

The current managers choices of Soares, Mari and Willian will haunt us for many years to come. People wonder why the owners don’t give us silly money to spend.

Post #518560  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 pm 

Looks like me shelling out for Box Office is the kiss of death. Home to Leicester and now this. :1cry:

[ 572035 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12961, 12962, 12963, 12964, 12965, 12966, 12967 ... 14301  Next