Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 225 guests

Post #540881  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:02 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Worth pointing out Stan only sacked Emery because we went on the worst run of form for 20 years and we’re 8th plus wenger when we totally lost the plot.

It’s a big assumption to assume failure to bring back champions league will result in sacking the management team and all the coaching staff and starting again entirely.

We may think in our definition of what’s acceptable or not as fans we deem 5th as unacceptable but that’s not necessarily what the owners would concur and if they believe the team is well coached (which I’m sorry for all you bedwetters IT IS) a change in management may not achieve anything.

But there’s a vital, absolutely crucial factor you’re missing. Stan wasn’t funding transfer spending to anything like the same degree. It’s that he now is that is likely to be central to his raised expectations.

I would agree that a change in management may not achieve anything. There’s no guarantees about anything. You won’t find out until a change is made. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Post #540882  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:10 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Worth pointing out Stan only sacked Emery because we went on the worst run of form for 20 years and we’re 8th plus wenger when we totally lost the plot.

It’s a big assumption to assume failure to bring back champions league will result in sacking the management team and all the coaching staff and starting again entirely.

We may think in our definition of what’s acceptable or not as fans we deem 5th as unacceptable but that’s not necessarily what the owners would concur and if they believe the team is well coached (which I’m sorry for all you bedwetters IT IS) a change in management may not achieve anything.

Progress isn't binary either. How do you judge it? League position or points? In 2016 we finished second behind Leicester with 71 points. The following season, we improved by scoring 12 more goals, improved our goal difference by four goals, got four more points too, yet finished fifth and out of the Champions league places for the first time in over 20 years. Yet, by every other metric we improved. Some things are out of your hands.

I think everyone just needs to enjoy what we're seeing. This is the most unified fan base for years overall, the team is starting to click, the manager is definitely smart, the owners seem to have bought into to him and his project and yet people are already creating imaginary lines in the sand. Just enjoy this young, evolving team and let's see how the ups and downs play out over the season. We all do it, I get it, but I've not enjoyed an Arsenal side like this for a long time.

Post #540883  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:21 am 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Progress isn't binary either. How do you judge it? League position or points? In 2016 we finished second behind Leicester with 71 points. The following season, we improved by scoring 12 more goals, improved our goal difference by four goals, got four more points too, yet finished fifth and out of the Champions league places for the first time in over 20 years. Yet, by every other metric we improved. Some things are out of your hands.

I think everyone just needs to enjoy what we're seeing. This is the most unified fan base for years overall, the team is starting to click, the manager is definitely smart, the owners seem to have bought into to him and his project and yet people are already creating imaginary lines in the sand. Just enjoy this young, evolving team and let's see how the ups and downs play out over the season. We all do it, I get it, but I've not enjoyed an Arsenal side like this for a long time.

Totally agree, I mean if we had beaten Newcastle away and had qualified would we be led to believe Arteta was a hero and a huge success yet because we lost that one game he’s a failure should be sacked and we need to start again?

I’m looking forward to this new season. It’s the first season where I can honestly say the albatross of years of mismanagement doesn’t lie with the footballing squad. The spending has given us a genuine opportunity to progress and whilst the side doesn’t have an obvious talisman we are well organised, likeable and headed in the right direction

Post #540884  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:27 am 

Didn't see it but by all accounts a very encouraging performance last night both individually and collectively.

Jesus looks the real deal. Saliba looks ready.

All in all, a very promising pre-season thus far, on and off the pitch.

Pre-season games are really all about fitness, bedding in new players, working on new systems and tactics etc. 4-0 is a great result that gives confidence but in reality it means very little in the context of a long Premier league season.

I've seen us play well in Charity Shield games, in Emirates Cup games etc only to see us have very average seasons so whilst I am excited by this new, young team I refuse to get too carried away too soon.

Post #540885  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:33 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Arteta: “We are still a little bit short in some positions for the way that we want to play but it is something that we are trying to address”.

.. interesting comment. Suggests he wants a midfielder

It may well be a midfielder. But don’t write off the possibility it’s a forward. Will Jesus, Nketiah and Balogun really be enough for 38 Premier League games, between 6 and 15 in the Europa League, and between 1 and 6 in both the League Cup and FA Cup?

Unless my mental arithmetic has gone down the shops without me, that’s at least 46 matches (dependant on getting knocked out Europe in the group stage and the initial round we enter in both domestic cups), up to 65 if we reach the finals of all three cups.

Sounds an awful lot for three forwards, one of whom is extremely inexperienced. It’s noticeable he used the words ‘some positions’ as a plural. My own guess is it’s a midfielder and forward. Could of course be wrong.

Post #540886  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:51 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But there’s a vital, absolutely crucial factor you’re missing. Stan wasn’t funding transfer spending to anything like the same degree. It’s that he now is that is likely to be central to his raised expectations.

I would agree that a change in management may not achieve anything. There’s no guarantees about anything. You won’t find out until a change is made. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

On the other hand, the fact that Stan is funding the project suggests he trusts Arteta and is giving him a decent window. He was probably (quite rightly in retrospective) a bit leery of spending on the late Wenger team or the baffling Emery.

Another point that should be considered is that 5th place one season my be better than 4th in another season. Last seasons tally of 69 points would have got us 3rd a couple of seasons ago. When we came 5th a few seasons ago we got 75 points. We can have a very decent season and come fifth and win nothing if (as is likely) two out of Spurs, Chelsea, and United have very good season and Liverpool and City do as expected.

I would think if we keep improving our points tally, the owners would want to stick with the manager. Since Arteta has been at the helm, we have gone from 56 points, to 61, to 69. If we continue to improve, success will come.

Having said that, I do agree with Top Gun that this is definitely a massive season for Arteta because this is his team and stagnation or regression would probably not be acceptable to the owners.

Post #540887  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Totally agree, I mean if we had beaten Newcastle away and had qualified would we be led to believe Arteta was a hero and a huge success yet because we lost that one game he’s a failure should be sacked and we need to start again?

I’m looking forward to this new season. It’s the first season where I can honestly say the albatross of years of mismanagement doesn’t lie with the footballing squad. The spending has given us a genuine opportunity to progress and whilst the side doesn’t have an obvious talisman we are well organised, likeable and headed in the right direction

It think you hit the nail on the head there... "organised, likeable and headed in the right direction", and looking forward to the season. It feels like we are finally over the late- and post-Wenger disarray. Considering how long it it taking United to recover from Fergie, we haven't done too badly.

Of course it will probably all go pear-shaped. But at least one doesn't feel the usual sense of impending doom this time round.

Post #540888  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:01 pm 

Ash wrote:
Arsenal win the Florida cup. These are the trophies Stan is investing the big bucks for!

Spurs must be green with envy :42laughter:

Post #540889  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:02 pm 

Zed wrote:
The black armbands worn by Arsenal players at yesterday's game were a tribute to staunch Arsenal supporter, Maria Petri.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ge-82.html

Post #540890  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:49 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

On the other hand, the fact that Stan is funding the project suggests he trusts Arteta and is giving him a decent window. He was probably (quite rightly in retrospective) a bit leery of spending on the late Wenger team or the baffling Emery.

Another point that should be considered is that 5th place one season my be better than 4th in another season. Last seasons tally of 69 points would have got us 3rd a couple of seasons ago. When we came 5th a few seasons ago we got 75 points. We can have a very decent season and come fifth and win nothing if (as is likely) two out of Spurs, Chelsea, and United have very good season and Liverpool and City do as expected.

I would think if we keep improving our points tally, the owners would want to stick with the manager. Since Arteta has been at the helm, we have gone from 56 points, to 61, to 69. If we continue to improve, success will come.

Having said that, I do agree with Top Gun that this is definitely a massive season for Arteta because this is his team and stagnation or regression would probably not be acceptable to the owners.

I certainly think that his funding of the project shows he has changed his ownership philosophy (thankfully) and presumably has confidence the money will be well spent. But I’d be surprised if anyone would suggest it won’t make Stan look closely at the outcomes from his funding (if you want to call it that rather than doping or investment).

That’s why I’ve made the point more than once that now it is undoubtedly Arteta’s team, the funding of the team strengthening over the last two years will make the ownership look closely at the outcomes. How can it not do that?

It will always be easy to find examples where teams with a number of points would have come higher in another season with the same number of points. But I’m a traditionalist and see league position as the best guide to progress, rather than points won. With the £150m spent last summer we went from eighth to fifth, and arguably should have finished fourth. If we spend another £150m this summer, again outspending everyone else, I don’t think it’s outlandish to assume the ownership regime may well expect a top four place, albeit winning the Europa League will have the same effect.

Post #540891  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:58 am 

Zed wrote:
The black armbands worn by Arsenal players at yesterday's game were a tribute to staunch Arsenal supporter, Maria Petri.

:53big-emoticons:

Post #540892  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:01 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I certainly think that his funding of the project shows he has changed his ownership philosophy (thankfully) and presumably has confidence the money will be well spent. But I’d be surprised if anyone would suggest it won’t make Stan look closely at the outcomes from his funding (if you want to call it that rather than doping or investment).

That’s why I’ve made the point more than once that now it is undoubtedly Arteta’s team, the funding of the team strengthening over the last two years will make the ownership look closely at the outcomes. How can it not do that?

It will always be easy to find examples where teams with a number of points would have come higher in another season with the same number of points. But I’m a traditionalist and see league position as the best guide to progress, rather than points won. With the £150m spent last summer we went from eighth to fifth, and arguably should have finished fourth. If we spend another £150m this summer, again outspending everyone else, I don’t think it’s outlandish to assume the ownership regime may well expect a top four place, albeit winning the Europa League will have the same effect.

I completely agree, with the caveat that if we narrowly lose out on 4th because the top four are really good (not unlikely) and don't win any cups, but we have otherwise shown significant improvement, I cannot see what purpose sacking the manager would bring. I wonder if the owners would?

Post #540893  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:21 am 

Caught up on the Chelsea game. Pre-season always comes with the-'its only pre-season' caveat, but I'd much rather be comfortably winning these games, playing good football with multiple goal-scorers than getting tonked.

Plenty to be excited about going in to the season. Encouraging to see it doesn''t look like we're stopping in the transfer market either. I think Jesus will surprise non-Arsenal fans who have lazily cast him as a Man City reject. I also think Zinchenko will surprise Arsenal fans with his technical ability. I think both are tremendous signings at great value.

Post #540894  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:30 am 

Rich wrote:
Caught up on the Chelsea game. Pre-season always comes with the-'its only pre-season' caveat, but I'd much rather be comfortably winning these games, playing good football with multiple goal-scorers than getting tonked.

Plenty to be excited about going in to the season. Encouraging to see it doesn''t look like we're stopping in the transfer market either. I think Jesus will surprise non-Arsenal fans who have lazily cast him as a Man City reject. I also think Zinchenko will surprise Arsenal fans with his technical ability. I think both are tremendous signings at great value.

Hi Rich,

Sometimes a team signs a player that is so good and fits the system so well that it unlocks the potential of the rest of the team.

Last season we were decent but there was always something missing up front. Lacazette did his best but he just wasn't quick enough, mobile enough or agile enough for what was required and as a result we struggled to score enough goals despite having lots of possession.

I am hoping that Jesus could be the player who unlocks that potential. Too early to say for sure but the signs are promising.

Post #540895  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:36 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Hi Bernard,

I think the owners will be looking for a minimum of a top 4 finish or a Europa League win.

Whether Arteta would keep his job if we fail on both I don't know. It would seem a tad hasty to sack a manager after backing "the project" so strongly in the last two seasons but it's a results based business and eventually patience will run out.

I suspect he might get another season if we are very close to top 4 and go a long way in the EL.

Post #540896  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:27 am 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Hi Bernard,

I think the owners will be looking for a minimum of a top 4 finish or a Europa League win.

Whether Arteta would keep his job if we fail on both I don't know. It would seem a tad hasty to sack a manager after backing "the project" so strongly in the last two seasons but it's a results based business and eventually patience will run out.

I suspect he might get another season if we are very close to top 4 and go a long way in the EL.

Morning socrates. That’s pretty much how I see it. You could be right that he’ll get another season if we’re very close to finishing in the top four (we were last year anyway) and go a long way in the Europa League.

But my point is, and has been, this. There will come a time in the not too distant future when the ownership regime will expect tangible outcomes from the spending they’re undertaking. And by tangible, in the shortish term I mean getting back into the Champions League. There could even come a time beyond the shortish term when being serious challengers for trophies might come into the equation.

Post #540897  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:21 am 

Edu speaks well here

The Brazilian, who was appointed in July 2019, told reporters in the United States: “When the player is 26-plus, big salary and he is not performing? He is killing you, that kind of player.

“Because you don’t have a valuation to sell the player. The player is comfortable — Arsenal, London, beautiful, everything is fantastic — and has a good salary. How do you move this player?

“So, how many players with that kind of characteristics did we have in the past? 80 per cent of the squad.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... dmits-edu/

Post #540898  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:23 am 

So what are our expectations as fans this season?

Good season:
Back in the top 4

Great season:
Comfortably in the top 4 - much closer to City/Liverpool.....and a domestic trophy

Amazing season:
3rd quite close to City/Liverpool + Europa League win

Anything beyond that would probably be classed as a tad unrealistic.

In terms of points tallies I'd like us to be above 75 points, that gets comfortable top 4 I think.

Post #540899  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:22 pm 

Edu: “When the player is 26-plus, big salary & he’s not performing? He’s killing you, that kind of player, because you don’t have a valuation to sell the player - Arsenal, London, beautiful, everything is fantastic - and has a good salary. How do you move this player?”

Post #540900  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:58 pm 

Rich wrote:
Edu: “When the player is 26-plus, big salary & he’s not performing? He’s killing you, that kind of player, because you don’t have a valuation to sell the player - Arsenal, London, beautiful, everything is fantastic - and has a good salary. How do you move this player?”

Nicolas Pépé [writes in his diary]: 'Interesting words from Mr Edu. I wonder about whom he is speaking?'

Post #540901  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:00 pm 

It's CL football again for the season as the top goal. And in the intermediate future, to be consistently in the CL again.

For me, the only thing that would compensate for lack of CL football is either the FA or Europa cup.

Borderline compensation: League cup or that Europa thingy that Mourinho won.

Some sweeteners? Beating sperz at least once and not losing in the other. 'Only' one or two losses tops collectively to City, Liverpool. And don't lose to Chelsea, draw both games at worse.

Post #540902  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:06 pm 

I also think last seasons up and down season, helped build some 'character' into the squad. I think the addition of Jesus is more than just his skill. He came from a club that were winners and comes in with not just a winning attitude but with some knowledge of what it takes to win.

He also will raise the level around him.

Post #540903  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:32 pm 

For some of you old geezers who have given up all hope.

Italian ultra-millionaire fashion designer Roberto Cavalli 80-year-old with his 22-year-old girlfriend.
This shows us that true love has no ages or obstacles and that when one loves unselfishly nothing is impossible

Attachments:

Post #540904  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:14 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Italian ultra-millionaire fashion designer Roberto Cavalli 80-year-old with his 22-year-old girlfriend.
This shows us that true love has no ages or obstacles and that when one loves unselfishly nothing is impossible

I wonder what first attracted her to the multi-millionaire Mr Cavalli

Post #540905  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:22 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Post #540906  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:27 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

I just don’t get how this is possible. Ignoring the physical side and the many questions it brings in my mind (I’m assuming he needs pills) how can they not drive each other up the wall.

She must have to wear blindfold on each time.

Post #540907  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:49 pm 

Arsenal Manager Mikel Guardiola

Attachments:

Post #540908  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:06 pm 

socrates wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Yet still can't see what attracted a 26 year old Anna Nicole Smith to the 89 year old wheelchair bound oil tycoon, J. Herbert Marshall, II.

Post #540909  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:35 pm 

RIP Paul Sorvino, Goodfellas actor dies at 83.

Attachments:

Post #540910  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:41 am 

I don't subscribe to the Athletic but I was able to read the article by James McNicholas when he speaks to Edu. Highly recommend it if you can get to read it. I can't post a link unfortunately.

Post #540911  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:05 am 

socrates wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

I can't help thinking there are better looking 22 year olds to be a sugar daddy to. However, at his age...well..better left unsaid.

Post #540912  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:19 am 

Finally got around to watching the Chelsea game, and like most Arsenal fans I was well impressed with what we showed. The first half in particular was brilliant, our pressing gave Chelsea absolutely no space to do what they wanted to do, our passing was quick, crisp and direct and we caused them a lot of trouble. It's just pre-season of course, and we're a little further ahead in our schedule than they are, but with just two weeks left until the league starts that's what you want to see from the team. There's a sense of cohesion and togetherness at Arsenal that Chelsea currently look like they're lacking.

Some great individual performances that I won't go into, but the most encouraging thing for me is that we started without our two starting full backs but didn't miss a beat. Saliba is genuine competition for Gabriel and White (as opposed to Holding who is merely a decent back-up) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him cement a starting spot this season. He gives us the option to put White at RB with Tomiyasu out without losing our defensive solidity. Zinchenko had just one training session with the team I think, but looked like he's been playing at Arsenal for years and just slotted right in. Last season we were way too susceptible to injuries, and we've come a long way to rectify that. Partey looks like the player we'd struggle to replace the most, but even with him out I think a midfield two of Xhaka and Zinchenko is still quality.

Very much looking forward to the start of the season. The team looks ready and raring to go.

Post #540913  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 am 

As encouraging as the match was from an Arsenal perspective, it paints a much grimmer picture when looking at it from a Chelsea perspective. They looked disjointed and lethargic, and some of the post-match comments from Tuchel was just bizarre.

First of all, his second comment seems to ignore the fact that they've just signed one of the best goalscoring wingers of the last decade. Second, I'm really not sure how going this harshly into the players after a pre-season game is supposed to build confidence and cohesion. I'm sure they'll sign more players and get in better shape before the season starts, but there isn't much time left and us Arsenal fans know all too well what can happen to a team that doesn't start the season in the right way.

Post #540914  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:00 am 

Decaf wrote:
I completely agree, with the caveat that if we narrowly lose out on 4th because the top four are really good (not unlikely) and don't win any cups, but we have otherwise shown significant improvement, I cannot see what purpose sacking the manager would bring. I wonder if the owners would?

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Top 4 is definitely the target, and we should be among the top favorites to win the Europa League, but nothing should be completely set in stone with regards to league finish. It's important that sacking the manager isn't just used as a punishment for a manager failing to reach a certain target, it's a drastic measure that should only be used if it's determined the team won't be moving forward with the current set-up.

Starting from 0 under a new manager could of course be an injection that the team would need, but with such a young and close-knit squad that all seem to enjoy playing under Arteta it could also be quite devastating.

Post #540915  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:56 am 

Post #540916  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am 

Hazuki wrote:
As encouraging as the match was from an Arsenal perspective, it paints a much grimmer picture when looking at it from a Chelsea perspective. They looked disjointed and lethargic, and some of the post-match comments from Tuchel was just bizarre.

First of all, his second comment seems to ignore the fact that they've just signed one of the best goalscoring wingers of the last decade. Second, I'm really not sure how going this harshly into the players after a pre-season game is supposed to build confidence and cohesion. I'm sure they'll sign more players and get in better shape before the season starts, but there isn't much time left and us Arsenal fans know all too well what can happen to a team that doesn't start the season in the right way.

Must admit, as things stand I think we have a decent chance of finishing above Chelsea in the table. Sure, lots can happen to make me change my mind but I really don’t see them as certain of third, if the top two will be City and Liverpool?

Okay, they’ve signed Sterling and Koulibaly. Maybe Koulibaly will be an adequate replacement for Rudiger? But I’ll be surprised if he’s as good as Rudiger, who my Chelsea supporting friends tell me was their best central defender since Terry.

Also, Azpilicueta and Alonso are apparently desperate to get away, as is Werner though I don’t think the latter would be as big a loss. I simply don’t see Chelsea being as out of our reach as some might do. Or Tottenham and Manchester United’s reach either.

I’m not saying this because of our win the other day. All I’ve seen of the game is the goals.

Now I’ve said all that, Chelsea will no doubt go and win the league by ten points (imagine a smiley here).

Post #540917  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:14 am 

Bernard wrote:
Must admit, as things stand I think we have a decent chance of finishing above Chelsea in the table.

I'm trying really hard not to get carried away with the positive vibes surrounding Arsenal at the moment, it's only pre-season and all that...but yeah, I think third place is up for grabs. Sterling is a great addition for them, but I'm not sure they've gotten stronger at all since last season. They certainly aren't as settled as they seemed to be at this time last year.

Post #540918  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:57 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Must admit, as things stand I think we have a decent chance of finishing above Chelsea in the table.

I dunno Bernard, I can't see us ever beating Chelsea any time soon.

Post #540919  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:28 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I'm trying really hard not to get carried away with the positive vibes surrounding Arsenal at the moment, it's only pre-season and all that...but yeah, I think third place is up for grabs. Sterling is a great addition for them, but I'm not sure they've gotten stronger at all since last season. They certainly aren't as settled as they seemed to be at this time last year.

I have a funny feeling that Martinelli is going to have a breakout season. Add that to Ødegaard, Jesus, Saka, ESM with huge potential, a very convincing back 5, and hopefully one more midfielder, together with hunger and cohesion throughout the squad, and it feels very good.

All in all, I can't see us finishing worse than 9th :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #540920  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:31 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Must admit, as things stand I think we have a decent chance of finishing above Chelsea in the table. Sure, lots can happen to make me change my mind but I really don’t see them as certain of third, if the top two will be City and Liverpool?

Okay, they’ve signed Sterling and Koulibaly. Maybe Koulibaly will be an adequate replacement for Rudiger? But I’ll be surprised if he’s as good as Rudiger, who my Chelsea supporting friends tell me was their best central defender since Terry.

Also, Azpilicueta and Alonso are apparently desperate to get away, as is Werner though I don’t think the latter would be as big a loss. I simply don’t see Chelsea being as out of our reach as some might do. Or Tottenham and Manchester United’s reach either.

I’m not saying this because of our win the other day. All I’ve seen of the game is the goals.

Now I’ve said all that, Chelsea will no doubt go and win the league by ten points (imagine a smiley here).

I'm not only going to 'touch wood' to avoid jinxing us with my optimism ... I'm going to go and cut some and make a nice fire, because it is bloody freezing here :laughing7: :laughing7:

[ 563336 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13520, 13521, 13522, 13523, 13524, 13525, 13526 ... 14084  Next