Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: gooner7 and 70 guests

Post #401  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:43 am 

Darren wrote:
Rog, I mentioned earlier that the fonts were larger than on the previous forum. Just for your info, I'm using the Safari browser on a mac, as you were implying it's an IE7 issue.
Yes - I have a few Macs as well and will test it on that. Thanks

Post #402  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 am 

Gaz ( B/Wood ) wrote:
I love this new forum but the only thing I cant get used to is when replying to one post (as I was just trying to do) it brings up three other replies linked to it. I think this may be one of the mods Warrior's going on about as if it went back to how it is on the present/old version this site would be brilliant.

I have made a change which might make this better.

Post #403  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 am 

wow i go away for 2 days and come back and the old forum is deserted!! felt like will smith in i am legend..

Post #404  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:27 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wenger has said he won't sign an active player who voluntarily leaves the club, like Anelka. You can come back if you've retired in some non playing role. My point is that there is not much difference in allowing someone back who left the club voluntarily and only hiring them back if they have since retired as opposed to still being an active player.

i would bet that when henry's contract comes to an end at barca, and if he wants to come play for us again, and is happy to come off the bench etc and not be a main player/starter.. he'll return for old times sake.

and i for 1 would love that to happen - to see him in an arsenal jersey 1 more time!

Post #405  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Certainly S. Korea getting as far as they did was down to playing at home I imagine.

That and some very helpful officiating decisions.

Post #406  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 am 

long time gooner wrote:
That and some very helpful officiating decisions.

Not to mention the magic of Guus.

Post #407  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 am 

It's like Groundhog Day here.

Every time I log on it's 7th January and I'm looking at my first post.

I'm expecting 'I've Got You, Babe' to cut in soon.

Post #408  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:53 am 

N5er wrote:
so any comments so far on this new Arsenal tv?

My brother won a competition on Talk sport radio. The prize was an invite to the launch party of Arsenal TV and a chance to ask a question to the esteemed panel. His question was about sacrificing style for results

Post #409  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:05 am 

You mean buying back former players while they are still playing, as in Anelka for example? Or bringing back former players once they have retired? I thought he brought back Steve Bould to oversee the youngsters. Is it a definitive policy of his to not re-sign current players who have since left the club?

quote]

AW seemed to suggest that approaches were made last season by the Anelka camp to sound him out about a possible return. He was pretty enigmatic about it all but assuming that Anelka wanted to come, the fact that it didn't happen suggests there might well have been some sort of resistance to re-signing a player who has left - just as Bernard suggested.

Edit - I should say I didn't see the whole Q & A session. Sounds as though AW may have been more specific on the subject.

Post #410  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am 

Quote - Forum Registration Page

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where Steve Gleibers Arsenal Forum is hosted or International Law.

It's political correctness gone mad.

Post #411  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am 

HoddGooner wrote:
My brother won a competition on Talk sport radio. The prize was an invite to the launch party of Arsenal TV and a chance to ask a question to the esteemed panel. His question was about sacrificing style for results

Lucky man
Got to say I enjoyed it.
leBoss seemed really relaxed and showed the true man behind the legend.
He is a really approachable person and is at ease speaking with anyone at the club. On the few times I have met him he has always been like that.
Can't imagine Fergie doing something like that programme, or at least not coming over so naturally![/quote]

His question was dropped, but got to shake hands with AW and had a quick chat with him. Just had time to thank him for everything he had done for The Arsenal. Also spoke to Parlour Keown and Matt Lucas. My brother is a right networker and a good shmoozer.

Post #412  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:46 am 

N5er wrote:
The Sun is saying Diarra is to be sold to Portsmouth for £5.5million. They are willing to stump up £60,000 a week for him apparently

I think that is a good buy for them and sadly a goodbye from us. But also not a bad profit in a short time. Then again we are in this for trophies not profits

Post #413  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 am 

Thanks to Rog for all his good work. It's not quite like the old forum just yet so please excuse me while I attempt to recapture some of that distinct flavour.

1) You can't figure out how to find the last post you read when you come back to the forum?

Well I'm surprised you can figure out how to breathe and type at the same time you pathetic muppets. Just use your ****ing browser history like a normal person and stop wasting everyone's time.

2) Rog, you've done some good work for a slacker but let's not get carried away. This quote facility really needs sorting out. I need dates and times on all quotes otherwise ****ers are going to take liberties when I'm trying to have a proper argument.

Also I need that little arrow in a box next to the quote to take me back to the original post so I can check there's been no shennanigans.

And don't get me started on this bollocks with the never-ending quote and answer generator.

3) Harlow, stop posting pictures of yourself in your leisurewear. Some of us read the forum whilst having our dinner and if I want to see you prancing around in a negligee I can just get the telescope out.

Knock it off or I'm calling Social Services. And I'm talking Iranian Social Services. Try dressing up and taking photos with no ****ing hands.

Not that it's your hands you'll be upset about.

Post #414  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 am 

Hey, Rog, any chance you could add my avatar from the old forum? Seems there was something wrong with my pixel count when I tried it. It's the photo of me and the missus on Kosciuszko.

Post #415  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am 

DHD wrote:
It's like Groundhog Day here.

Every time I log on it's 7th January and I'm looking at my first post.

I'm expecting 'I've Got You, Babe' to cut in soon.

I'll be working on it again all night. I will try and solve the large font issue first in the Style sheet for IE 7 and Safari users.

If there is a mod for the quoting (unless it's fixed now), I will do that after.

After the font is fixed, I'll see if the cookie can be saved to leave users where they left off (If that's possible)

There may be a mod for seeing who is reading / writing as well (or one in the works ) - I know that feature was specific to the old forum software however. The quoting was a feature that was added to the old forum as well but I made a change which might make it better now (Limiting to one quote by default).

I'll add a media player file so it does play some Sonny and Cher songs in the meantime maybe.

Rog ...

Post #416  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:07 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Wenger has said he won't sign an active player who voluntarily leaves the club, like Anelka. You can come back if you've retired in some non playing role. My point is that there is not much difference in allowing someone back who left the club voluntarily and only hiring them back if they have since retired as opposed to still being an active player.

American - Wenger was pretty adamant on this point about players who have made a decision to leave the club, being unlikely to be re-signed. You could tell that he considers it a personal affront when a player chooses to leave voluntarily - like Anelka and Diarra.

I also enjoyed the banter with Matt Lucas and Wengers observation that he hasn‘t see Little Britain. This was a deliberate and mischevious reference to his perceived myopia on the touchline.

Post #417  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 am 

AsI said my brother was invited to the launch of Arsenal TV. As he thought he was a guest of AFC he sat in a chair that had a sign on it saying it was reserved for AFC. He got a shock when he was asked to move by Keith Edelman because he was sitting in the chair designated for the aforementioned Mr Edelman

Post #418  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:43 am 

Cannon Balls wrote:
Who is Google Bot?

From a previous post:

Google now indexes this page and updates it's database about this place - it does this *very* often

So when people do searches in Google, then it can list this page if their are any search 'hits'.

Actually, anyone can create a search engine (Yep - anyone) - the real trick to it is to have the money to be able to afford the bandwidth to constantly index the web for new content. Poor search companies cannot search the web as often as it costs more $$ - this is why Google has the best search results as it updates very frequently (some sites hourly') while other search companies cannot afford to do so.

Post #419  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 am 

Cannon Balls wrote:
Who is Google Bot?

Why do you ask? Would you like to start a row with him as well?

Post #420  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
Hey, Rog, any chance you could add my avatar from the old forum? Seems there was something wrong with my pixel count when I tried it. It's the photo of me and the missus on Kosciuszko.

Fixed - (If thats the right one)

I have made a change that might help with Avatars not loading sometimes.

It may be necessary for the cache to age out before the result is seen however

Page loading times might also be faster now for all pages.

Rog ..

Post #421  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:52 am 

I have enabled a "Jump Box" - lower right to aid in navigation for the time being.

Post #422  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:03 am 

Thanks, Rog, that's great. I suspect John's jigger is slightly bigger than mine, but never mind.

Post #423  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:11 am 

Anyone notice on Arse TV’s match commentaries how Terry Neill sounds like a character from The Archers?

I’m far too young to recall clearly, but Walter Gabriel springs to mind.

Post #424  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:12 am 

I have made a change that *may* have fixed the session manager- users *may* now be able to continue where they left off provided they use the same computer / Web browser.

I have modified the "X_FORWARDED_FOR header" cookie function thus users may need to delete the board cookies and then logoff, then log back in again. I am not sure if this will resolve this issue as some of the links still point to the 'last post' in the forum.

I may have to locate a new bookmark for the 'get users last post' if this was not successful. (If this functionality is even available in this forum at all)
Edit: Additional change - a users session will 'never' expire now.

Rog ..

Post #425  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:39 am 

John wrote:
Well here it is, you can measure it again if you like.

Cripes, your jigger is :11big-emoticons: massive.

Post #426  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:40 am 

warrior wrote:
I have made a change that *may* have fixed the session manager- users *may* now be able to continue where they left off provided they use the same computer / Web browser.

I have modified the "X_FORWARDED_FOR header" cookie function thus users may need to delete the board cookies and then logoff, then log back in again. I am not sure if this will resolve this issue as some of the links still point to the 'last post' in the forum.

I may have to locate a new bookmark for the 'get users last post' if this was not successful. (If this functionality is even available in this forum at all)
Edit: Additional change - a users session will 'never' expire now.

Rog ..

sorry Rog not working for me.. im using firefox if thats making any difference??

Post #427  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 am 

Hedges wrote:
sorry Rog not working for me.. im using firefox if thats making any difference??

Should be the same as IE - I think it comes down to that bookmark and it needing a 'get new posts' feature.

I am looking for that - I might do the Css (Font thingy) for the next little bit and come back to this one later.

The CSS will be done locally so it may appear that I'm not around for the next little bit...

As a test, I just went to a page in the middle of the forum, then deliberately crashes Firefox - when I reopened it, the session manager returned me to the same page in the middle where it left off - no login was required so I think it's setting the cookie correctly and the server is maintaining sessions. Just need that elusive bookmark now (if indeed there even is one)

Post #428  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 am 

Cannon Balls wrote:
I leave that sort of thing to you. I replied to Monsieur Xav in the manner that I felt his sarcastic whinging diatribe aimed at myself and others on here warranted. Abuse.

I didn't think it was particularly sarcastic, just a little tweak in your direction. You just over-reacted a bit, I reckon.

Post #429  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:04 pm 

I leave that sort of thing to you. I replied to Monsieur Xav in the manner that I felt his sarcastic whinging diatribe aimed at myself and others on here warranted. Abuse.[/quote]

everyone is on the other forum Cannon

Post #430  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:05 pm 

Quote:
Why do people in the north always loose the capability of communicating in a proper way?

You're further north than me, sunshine :)

Post #431  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 pm 

Here's Xav's post again:

"Warrior suggested that I post this on the new forum as the old one is a bit deserted at the moment. As I was saying there, I have some trouble believing that not one of you is interested or has a mate who would be interested in going to the second leg of the Spurs CC semi (face value in the away section!). Come on Cannon and Choc, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

Brutal post, Xav, brutal. Couldn't you have toned the sarcasm and abuse down a bit and avoided hurting the feelings of some (well, one) of our forum members?

Post #432  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:18 pm 

Rog, what's the chances of having a "work friendly" alternative skin at some stage?

Post #433  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:21 pm 

Marseille wonderkid Andre Ayew has been watched by Arsenal - various. More paper talk and who is he?

Post #434  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:27 pm 

Niall wrote:
You're further north than me, sunshine :)

Yeah, what I meant to write was people in the northern parts of every country, not just people in the north! While I live further up north than most of the people on the forum (Göteborg, on the map here) I still live in the southern parts of Sweden. Hence my flawless accent.

Post #435  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 pm 

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered - if so i missed it.

On the former site there was a Last Post You Read function which i found very useful. Does this new site have the same?

Post #436  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:05 pm 

John wrote:
Agreed. You have to go a long way to wind up the mild-mannered and ever jovial Cannon. Darren on the other hand spends most of his waking hours arguing with others on here. I think Xav should be banned from this site at the very least.

Quite right and as a result you can stick your jigger up your arse

Post #437  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:06 pm 

Oh god, he's discovered how to post pictures.

Post #438  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 pm 

[There are plenty of tickets available for this game , so how is it a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' you silly moron?
The game at the Emirates was undersubscribed by 5,000+ !
Why are you not using the ticket yourself anyway big mouth ?
Are you scared to go to the lane you cowardly little twerp?[/quote]

It may be so, but it's said it's sold out on Arsenal.com.
How could I be scared to go there when I never missed a weekend game at WHL since I have been able to apply for away tickets (ie since 2002)?
Don't you have the slightest sense of humour at all? This was a reference to past threads about people suggesting you and Choc might want to go to games sometimes. I did not intent to imply that you never went to any game, just that if I had the good fortune of being in the country on a weekday, or not unable to come for both work and family reasons, I would not waste a minute before using myself such a ticket.
I presume you already have your ticket then. Good for you.
Btw, my grasp of English is probably not as good as yours, so maybe you could explain to me how that makes me a cowardly little twerp?

Post #439  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:38 pm 

Niall wrote:
Rog, what's the chances of having a "work friendly" alternative skin at some stage?

Thats next - doing now

For now, hold the down control key and move the mouse wheel to adjust size.

Firefox is fine for sizing though

Post #440  Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:48 pm 

I will be testing new style sheets so if users notice that, for example after they click refresh, the page is white or has disappeared or some ungodly error message appears, they needn't panic nor post pagefuls of errors. Instead, just wait 30 seconds and press refresh again. I will be testing it in both browsers so if I fix one, it may, for a minute or two, break the other one.

Just wait a bit, then press refresh.

Rog ..

[ 390258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 9757  Next