Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 281 guests

Post #471841  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I’m ashamed to say I walked out on the 77th minute as I couldn’t bear to stay until the end.

You'd have missed even more of the match if Arsene had got his way with the fourth official. :sad5:

As for the shirt: an Özil one would be cheap to print :toothy9:

Post #471842  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:27 pm 

Bored wrote:
I went to Wembley yesterday and while I agree that the result is just further evidence for Wenger's removal as manager ASAP, I really have lost patience with Mustafi. For such a big bloke, to get gently bumped off the ball and then stop playing and protest to the ref was embarrassing. I also agree that nothing will put pressure on the board more than empty seats, but its hard when you have paid in excess of £1200 for a season ticket just to stop going to matches. Especially when you have kids who would absolutely love to go.

Yeah get all of that which is why I think it should be just one high profile televised game. The point isn't to hurt the club financially either the point is to make the club recognise the 'brand damage' being done. It would be a big hit and I'm not sure how easy it would be for them to just shrug it off.

Agree on Mustafi, there are several players from yesterday who should hang their heads in shame, it isn't just Wenger although he is still in my opinion the greatest cause of the current malaise. And once again he puts his own interests ahead of anything else and embarrassing the club with his lamearse excuses and blameshifting. Yes it's the players too but he is utterly devoid of any credibility now and has rendered himself and the club a joke to pretty much anybody who isn't in the ever-dwindling queue for Kool-Aid.

Post #471843  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:34 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
After having some time to reflect and cool off I think my comments earlier about our fans being responsible for Wengers mess were pretty daft.

The problem is I’m just so frankly fed up with Arsene Wenger and the ridiculous state our club is in and after that shambolic mess yesterday I wanted to vent.

:53big-emoticons: That deserves a small round of applause , an admission from anybody they got it wrong is an uncommon attribute .
You can always re visit it later ... a good spray helps vent the frustrations .

I hope we get dicked again on Thursday ...... because with his latest post match comments "we defended well but for the ocassional lapse and the loss of a couple of minutes I seriously doubt Wenger's sanity .

As a sideline I put American Gooner on foe yesterday .... ahhh magic ..... Log on now .... no more cut and paste or long winded bi polar blubbering .

Post #471844  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:34 pm 

socrates wrote:
Daz wrote:

don't sweat the small stuff, mate

In the overall scheme of things that are wrong it hardly bares mentioning but its another in a long line of little issues that would take no time at all to sort out. It's all so unprofessional. I'm surprised we don't have all ten outfield players stood over the ball waiting to take it :laughing7:

Its vital that we stop the rot before that happens. Just imagine. It would be a bit like those under 8d hockey matches where a scrum-like knot of players, all hacking away merrily, forms around the ball.

But seriously .. you do have a point.

Post #471845  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:38 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
After having some time to reflect and cool off I think my comments earlier about our fans being responsible for Wengers mess were pretty daft.

The problem is I’m just so frankly fed up with Arsene Wenger and the ridiculous state our club is in and after that shambolic mess yesterday I wanted to vent.

:53big-emoticons: That deserves a small round of applause , an admission from anybody they got it wrong is an uncommon attribute .

I second that. Well played Top Gun.

Post #471846  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Another best seller

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Also describes American Gooner's experience of the forum?

Post #471847  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 pm 

Daz wrote:
Yeah get all of that which is why I think it should be just one high profile televised game. The point isn't to hurt the club financially either the point is to make the club recognise the 'brand damage' being done. It would be a big hit and I'm not sure how easy it would be for them to just shrug it off.

I think that would be a good idea if it could be organised. Another idea would be to do a mass walk out during a game. At least that way you could see if people were actually going ahead with it and it would create a bit of peer pressure as the numbers grew. I would definitely do that.

Post #471848  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
If we are honest we are missing Sanchez. There is no spark in the team or injection of pace

We've sold our 3 quickest forward players, not just sanchez. The team was crying out for pace and power and we sold 3 quick guys and 1 powerful striker. That is not to say each of those sales shouldn't have happened as things needed to change but rhe balance and replacement of those players was a shambles. For all the fanfare around Mhki and Aubamayang we still made a profit in the market

Post #471849  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:49 pm 

The problem is I’m just so frankly fed up with Arsene Wenger and the ridiculous state our club is in and after that shambolic mess yesterday I wanted to vent. I’m ashamed to say I walked out on the 77th minute as I couldn’t bear to stay until the end.

TG - yesterday was an absolute cluster F*&5@%CK.

Post #471850  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 pm 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:
But I bet it is something that has just happened rather than Wenger having a plan for it. It is all these small lack of attention to details that frustrate the hell out of fans. For a long time I've looked at the amount of time our attacking corners get cleared and then the second ball gets cleared as well - compared to when we clear a defensive corner and a second ball is a shot or another cross for us to defend. If it is consistently happening someone should work out why.

Our freekicks and corners were even more shite than usual yesterday :laughing7:

I recall Xhaka ballooning a corner way past the back post, I think it went out for a throw-in.

It was mind bogglingly bad. I mean a professional footballer taking a corner has a target probably 15 yards x 20 yards to get the ball in to for it to be considered an ok corner. Considering a player is usually only 35 yards away from the centre of this target and then to overhit it by some 20 yards is woeful

Post #471851  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Quite right ...doesn't work too well , an ex boss' wife managed it while trying to persuade their dog to return to the back seat .

Range Rover was doing 70 ks ; came to a shuddering halt , but $6000 later it was all good again . Might have flat spotted a couple of tyres as well from memory .

Not a good plan, unless the idea was to return the dog to the backseat after a detour through the windscreen? Newton's first law is a *(&*^.

:laughing7: good point ...they lived on a fifty acre small holding out in the Wop Wops ..should have left the mongrel at home but maybe she was taking to the vet to have his glands squeezed .

Had a mini win yesterday ...son is building decks in Tauranga .
Had problems with warped timber , I welded 3mm pieces of steel plate to box section , made four .

Using clamps he can now fit them ; pull the timber straight , screw it down while ensuring the correct 3mm spacing ... also added steel handle to pull them out

He rang up " Dad these are absolutely bl***dy brilliant " ... shucks what did he expect :icon_mrgreen:

Post #471852  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:44 pm 

Even my Dad didn't get mad yesterday; we both just sat there with a resigned indifference.

It's sad watching Wenger go downhill like he is; he never struck me as someone with a total lack of self-awareness. I wonder if his age is a contributory factor?

I really hope that someone can have a quiet word and maybe point out to him the ridicule he's subjecting himself and the club to?

PS if that Alan Smith story about Bouldy not being allowed to do any defensive coaching, then I'd have to question Bould's personal pride too. If I was him I'd tell Wenger to get lost and walk away. Surely he'd get a similar role elsewhere pretty quick.

Post #471853  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Not a good plan, unless the idea was to return the dog to the backseat after a detour through the windscreen? Newton's first law is a *(&*^.

:laughing7: good point ...they lived on a fifty acre small holding out in the Wop Wops ..should have left the mongrel at home but maybe she was taking to the vet to have his glands squeezed .

Had a mini win yesterday ...son is building decks in Tauranga .
Had problems with warped timber , I welded 3mm pieces of steel plate to box section , made four .

Using clamps he can now fit them ; pull the timber straight , screw it down while ensuring the correct 3mm spacing ... also added steel handle to pull them out

He rang up " Dad these are absolutely bl***dy brilliant " ... shucks what did he expect :icon_mrgreen:

Ah Tauranga - lovely place so I'm told.

Remind me to ask for your address when the apocalypse comes Pete; you sound like a handy chap to have around. Might need help with translations though :icon_rabbit:

PS be careful of the wrath of these Americans - you might find yourself on the receiving end of an armed teacher.

Post #471854  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Daz wrote:
but the noise of a gear change from 5th into reverse can also be a discordant one.

Quite right ...doesn't work too well , an ex boss' wife managed it while trying to persuade their dog to return to the back seat .

Range Rover was doing 70 ks ; came to a shuddering halt , but $6000 later it was all good again . Might have flat spotted a couple of tyres as well from memory .

Was the dog ok

Post #471855  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:09 pm 

john1 wrote:
Even my Dad didn't get mad yesterday; we both just sat there with a resigned indifference.

It's sad watching Wenger go downhill like he is; he never struck me as someone with a total lack of self-awareness. I wonder if his age is a contributory factor?

I really hope that someone can have a quiet word and maybe point out to him the ridicule he's subjecting himself and the club to?

PS if that Alan Smith story about Bouldy not being allowed to do any defensive coaching, then I'd have to question Bould's personal pride too. If I was him I'd tell Wenger to get lost and walk away. Surely he'd get a similar role elsewhere pretty quick.

I heard that story. Basically Winterburn called Bouldy asking what was going on with the defending at Arsenal and Bould said something like Wenger doesn't let me coach the defence.

Paul Merson was on talksport earlier and they were asking him about it specifically asking what he knew and you could see he was trying to avoid commenting on it.

Post #471856  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm 

I was surprised that even the official Arsenal blog was pretty critical of a number of players & the team. Listened to Ian Wright on the talkback blog and he was pretty spot on. I don’t think there is much good will left between the club & fans.

I wonder how much further the fall will be before action is taken.

Post #471857  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 pm 

Ian Wright saying there are problems rife throughout the club with players missing training and all sorts

https://twitter.com/mrarsenictm/status/ ... 1419462657

Post #471858  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 pm 

If losing every game left this season meant wenger being sacked/walking away on the last day of the season would you take it?

Post #471859  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 pm 

Rich wrote:
If losing every game left this season meant wenger being sacked/walking away on the last day of the season would you take it?

As he's blown any chance of a recovery and wrecked what could have been a good team, even I would say yes.

Post #471860  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:56 pm 

Rich wrote:

Yes 100%, change has to come.

I’m hoping we get thrashed by city Thursday.

Post #471861  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm 

Out of title contention by September
Lose to Swedish farmers
Knocked out of the cup by forest
Sell our best player
Sign 2x 50 million pound strikers and destroy their confidence within weeks
Humiliated in cup final

Have I forgot anything? This season has just been an absolute disaster

Post #471862  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

The problem is I’m just so frankly fed up with Arsene Wenger and the ridiculous state our club is in and after that shambolic mess yesterday I wanted to vent. I’m ashamed to say I walked out on the 77th minute as I couldn’t bear to stay until the end.

The situation at arsenal is ridiculous. My 8 year old had a printed Sanchez shirt with name and number so I said I would replace it with a new one, which players name do you think he wanted and asked for ?? Don’t laugh but Oliver Giroud :laughing7: It’s a bloody good job I waited until the transfer window closed before placing my order :laughing7: apparently only 5 players who played against city in last years semi started yesterday. No squad development or continuity just a mess.

I think Lomekian put it best a few weeks back when he said it’s impossible to be rational about Arsenal football club right now

Fair play to you. I've got no problem with people being pissed off (though I find some of the hate on twitter disgusting), but fans turning on each other in a blame game I have absolutely no patience for. We're all the poor bastards who spend varying degrees of time and money with bugger all control beyond the hope to have our voices heard.

I agree with Daz that an empty ground vs City at home would be a powerful statement.

Post #471863  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 pm 

Bored wrote:
Daz wrote:

I think that would be a good idea if it could be organised. Another idea would be to do a mass walk out during a game. At least that way you could see if people were actually going ahead with it and it would create a bit of peer pressure as the numbers grew. I would definitely do that.

Good luck boys, seriously! we tried the stay on the concourse for 13 mins at the West Ham game last season and we tried similar at home to Sunderland too ( although the no-shows swelled that and we claimed it anyway) but we got way too much apathy

Trouble is there will be a win or good performance at some point and we’ll get the usual “let’s get behind the team”:stuff

Post #471864  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:39 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
If we are honest we are missing Sanchez. There is no spark in the team or injection of pace

We've sold our 3 quickest forward players, not just sanchez. The team was crying out for pace and power and we sold 3 quick guys and 1 powerful striker. That is not to say each of those sales shouldn't have happened as things needed to change but rhe balance and replacement of those players was a shambles. For all the fanfare around Mhki and Aubamayang we still made a profit in the market

Have to hope that is Gazidis saving money for the new man. Otherwise its another insult.

Post #471865  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm 

Rich wrote:

As long as we can't go down, it's hard to give a rats arse about the rest of the season. Emotionally I can't ever want Arsenal to lose, but frankly if the new boys and some the kids get games and do well, I could take bad results to that end. But only if it was a cast iron guarantee, and with the promise of something better to follow.

Post #471866  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm 

john1 wrote:

He needs the gig to pay his daughters school fees at rodean

Post #471867  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ian Wright saying there are problems rife throughout the club with players missing training and all sorts

Plausible and sad. One of Wenger's big problems is he just doesn't understand people who aren't as obsessive and in love with football as he is. Its great when you've got driven players who are equally obsessive, but clearly the current lot don't fit into that category.

Post #471868  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:48 pm 

I wonder what Kroenke Junior thinks of this?

Post #471869  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Rich wrote:

As long as we can't go down, it's hard to give a rats arse about the rest of the season. Emotionally I can't ever want Arsenal to lose, but frankly if the new boys and some the kids get games and do well, I could take bad results to that end. But only if it was a cast iron guarantee, and with the promise of something better to follow.

Although i crossed a line last season after Munich , most games I see ( and I don’t go out of my way to watch them all anymore) I rarely actively want arsenal to lose and certainly not against traditional enemies ( only in games like the Östersund fiasco the other night). I just watch in neutral and bemused indifference , although i’ll Be honest already this year, forest, Bournemouth, Swansea and Sunday have had me in stitches watching the team disintegrate and Wenger’s visible discomfort

Thing is Lom the longer it goes on , many will find themselves crossing lines , who knows , it’s way beyond unchartered territory . History will write this period up in an interesting way that is for sure.

At the Amex next Sunday I shall of course be actively wanting arsenal to lose ( just as I was in October ) but - for obvious reasons i’ll Forgive myself that one ( plus i’ll Be in the north stand )

Post #471870  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 pm 

Speaking of whether arsenal fans ‘deserve’ this or not arsenal truth has done one of his occasional blog pieces with this line http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/ars ... y-get.html

Although hard to argue with most of what he says , I find

Post #471871  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm 

Just released a BT transcript

“Hello?”
“...Arsène?”
“...Yes.”
“It’s Stan Kroenke.”
“Wrong number.”

:laughing7:

Post #471872  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Speaking of whether arsenal fans ‘deserve’ this or not arsenal truth has done one of his occasional blog pieces with this line http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/ars ... y-get.html

I find the opposite. I think anyone who invites comments on a blog but deletes and blocks any that aren't slavish agreement when the writer loves to insult people can feck right off.

Post #471873  Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

I find the opposite. I think anyone who invites comments on a blog but deletes and blocks any that aren't slavish agreement when the writer loves to insult people can feck right off.

Well that’s another issue ( unless he’s changed it he used to say he’d block abusive ones which is fair enough to me)

Still the main thing is where is he wrong it what he says , save for the “fans deserve” issue?

Post #471874  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 am 

Rich wrote:

As long as we do not get relegated, I'll take it. Looks like only a truly drastic situation will get the message through to the owner & the board. Wenger is a lost man, and I believe he knows it. But, he chose to extend the contract by 2 years, and is too proud to break it. He will not resign anytime soon, and only a sacking will rid of him before next season.

Post #471875  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:02 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Out of title contention by September
Lose to Swedish farmers
Knocked out of the cup by forest
Sell our best player
Sign 2x 50 million pound strikers and destroy their confidence within weeks
Humiliated in cup final

Have I forgot anything? This season has just been an absolute disaster

If we heard Wenger had signed a 2 year extension to his current contract would that cap it all off. They should write a new book by Nick Hornsby on this season. But grown men crying for 70 minutes of a 90 minute movie might be hard to sell to Hollywood.

Post #471876  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

So not even his Man management is up to scratch. Does he not understand that failure to act on these issues destroys your respect from other players and also leads to other players just not having any pride. This is very disturbing.

Post #471877  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 am 

One for all those older fans. Assume both players were at their peak. Who would you chose.

Terry Mancini or Callum Chambers

Willie Young or Mustafi.

Post #471878  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:18 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
One for all those older fans. Assume both players were at their peak. Who would you chose.

Willie Young or Mustafi.

Willie Young would have flattened Aguero ☺

Post #471879  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:03 am 

Census form has arrived , the wife has read all the fine print that escapes real men and given a chance she just loves to tell me how it is ; adopts the headmistress tone talking to a ten year old

"Okay don't lose this because we have to do it online "

Me ..."what happens if you are an old person and don't know how to operate or haven't got a computer "...?

Her .... well then you can request a written form

Me .... what happens if you don't have a computer and are illiterate ...?

Her ...well then you can request to do a verbal in your own language

Me ...what happens if you can't use a computer , are illiterate ...and MUTE

'Oh shut up '

Post #471880  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:19 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

Willie Young or Mustafi.

Mancini and Young any day of the week .... I remember Graeme Souness when he was playing for Liverpool , saying it was a waste of time putting in crosses because Young would beat anyone in the air , O' Leary was the perfect foil covered when Willie got out of position

Mancini was a decent tradesman no Beckenbaur , Moore for sure , more Richard Dunne type. He was part of a central defence at very good QPR side who very nearly won the League title . Think Liverpool pipped them by one point .

Bertie Mee gave Mancini credit for us not getting relegated in 1974 / 75 not so much for being a powerhouse but said his sense of humour lifted dressing room spirits and our results improved after he arrived .

[ 559787 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11794, 11795, 11796, 11797, 11798, 11799, 11800 ... 13995  Next