Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 332 guests

Post #508041  Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:30 pm 

The one thing that Trump may have misdiagnosed is that the American people aren't going into another war unless they are directly attacked and even then it has to beg significant. The young aren't. Anyone under 30 or 35 have grown up since childhood with America continuously at war in Afghanistan and Iraq. No one is going for it I'm guessing. The country is tired of it.

Post #508042  Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm 

I can't recall where I heard it. I think a pundit on the TV was saying that, at 27, you are not going to improve Mustafi. It is very unlikely he is not going to improve.He's been on good teams and had defensive training by fine coaches. He is what he is. So, its best to get rid of even if you have to take a loss.

Post #508043  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:50 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
Keep on baiting ........... soon he will bite :42laughter:

I'm just as sure the fish can see the bait :1laughter:

LOL..you are a naughty one. I assure you on a stack of Arsenal cup final programmes I cant nor care. Swear. I assume a torrent of whatever. Also assume the forum is bored about the subject.

My only immediate concerns are Leeds and Liverpool losing a league match and possibly havi g to apologize to Mikel if he keeps getting results.

Santa asked if I'm naughty or nice during the festive season. There, you found out the truth :42laughter:
No wonder I didn't get my Christmas goodies from Santa :20hospitals:

PS: Baited :42laughter: (I'm also urging for a Pool loss :20hospitals: )

Post #508044  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:52 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Greeny wrote:
With you playing the victim card all the time you should really have been a Liverpool fan, shouldn't you, American goner.
I bet you've got a boner now, seeing as you've been mentioned so many times on this forum in the past few hours.

giving the crystal ball a quick polish here Greeny ..

I'd say given your honest admission of your past personal problems and "on the money" summing up of American's ... some high paying consultancy in phsychiatry awaits you in 2020 . :icon_mrgreen:

Just been reading the Aussie version of "Blokes and their Sheds " the author puts out the view that complete happiness lies in possessing and using a shed .

Hi Kiwi, shouldn't you be out there saving the whales that beached in NZ?

Post #508045  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The one thing that Trump may have misdiagnosed is that the American people aren't going into another war unless they are directly attacked and even then it has to beg significant. The young aren't. Anyone under 30 or 35 have grown up since childhood with America continuously at war in Afghanistan and Iraq. No one is going for it I'm guessing. The country is tired of it.

Is Trump diverting attention from his impeachment?

Post #508046  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:32 am 

gooner7 wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Is Trump diverting attention from his impeachment?

Its that obvious, huh? lol. Two things. That and he is obsessive about Obama. He's spent his administration trying to unravel anything Obama has done, even if he agrees with it. The other reason is Obama got Osama bin Laden and Trump can't top that. So, he's getting as close as he can. Israel wants us to start a war with Iran as well. I think that's three things.

This time around, no one is going for it. Our military age youth have literally lived with two wars for their entire lives. Two unpopular wars and they'll be damned if they are going to be used as cannon fodder for someone who backed out of the war he was supposed to go to.

As far as the impeachment trial he'll not be convicted. He has too many votes. However, its widely said that if the votes were done in secret he'd be out of office easily. Too many Republican senators are from states that support him.

Post #508047  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 am 

gooner7 wrote:

:42laughter:

Post #508048  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 am 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
giving the crystal ball a quick polish here Greeny ..

I'd say given your honest admission of your past personal problems and "on the money" summing up of American's ... some high paying consultancy in phsychiatry awaits you in 2020 . :icon_mrgreen:

Just been reading the Aussie version of "Blokes and their Sheds " the author puts out the view that complete happiness lies in possessing and using a shed .

Would have been top of my list if I'd known about it G7 ... I never watch TV .

Pilot whale beaching ; is quite a common ocurrence in NZ , lots of times refloated and shepherded out to sea the dopey bludgers try and re beach themselves .

Post #508049  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:08 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Just been reading the Aussie version of "Blokes and Sheds " the author puts out the view that complete happiness lies in possessing and using a shed .

What is unwritten is getting away from the missus and having some time by yourself. I am not a handy person but my painting time is my shed.

Ahhh but that is written in there .... blokes saying the house is the wife's domain out here I'm the boss .

I don't need to get away from the wife .... I just like shagging around making things .

Post #508050  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:43 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

got me stumped with that one ... big laughter + Laurel and Hardy .... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Post #508051  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:52 am 

kiwipete wrote:

A room in our house is now known as the shed.

When younger my sons called the room Dad’s shed after the amount of time that I spent in there on the computer and the like. The name stuck.

Post #508052  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 am 

Seems we are linked to Hakim Ziyech. Ajax has had some good players lately. I don't mind a play maker but only 1. if we are getting rid of someone with a similar role and skill set. and 2. We don't pass on quality defenders first.

I miss Ramsey, he'd have flourished under Mikel.

Post #508053  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:57 am 

long time gooner wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

A room in our house is now known as the shed.

When younger my sons called the room Dad’s shed after the amount of time that I spent in there on the computer and the like. The name stuck.

Both yours and Greeny's can work ... a little spot of you own decorated with your own little creature comforts . The English don't put such a high priority on a shed / garage .

We bought an end of terrace in Kent , all the garages were clumped together in a communal block about thirty metres from the house ; by NZ standards very strange

Of course having your designated room within the house itself means you miss out on those really manly excercises like arc welding , grinding , gas cutting , starting up a 6 litre engine .

Post #508054  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:04 am 

Bernard wrote:
TAFKAEiN wrote:
Can anyone help with the name of an Aussie TV show from around 10 years ago?

It was about a dentist who lived in a flat with the ghost of a dead English rocker. I think the leading lady (dentist) is quite a well known actor over there.

Spirited?

That's the bugger - cheers.

Post #508055  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:04 am 

:laughing7: that's better I've put the American tossbag on foe .... brilliant ... I don't have to look at avalanche of copy and paste .

Warrior any chance I could take over the admin when you go on holiday ..... just run me through the routine for banning people . :icon_mrgreen:

Post #508056  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:05 am 

The Arsenal today in 1953 with a letter signed by Bob Wall. Not a very interesting letter, but a lovely letterhead.

Attachments:

Post #508057  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:03 am 

Greeny wrote:
Bernard wrote:
One other point I’ll make concerns his signature comment, which is about bullying. If he chose that signature because he feels bullied on the forum, I find it disappointing that he would downgrade what is a very real problem in society
Whatever the case, I don’t see his signature as appropriate. In fact if he is using it to pretend he’s been bullied, I find it distasteful.

It's all part of the mental condition.

He is the classic wannabe, he's not happy with himself, wants to be part of something but hasn't got the bollocks to do anything about it.

He could have come to England at the end of the 90s, gone to the games home and away, found a flat, a pretty girl, and lead an Arsenalcentric Life for the last 20 years, but he didn't because he didn't have the balls.

Realising that you have a problem is the first step.

AG has been on here for years. I very much doubt he's a plastic
If you don't like his posts ignore them.

Post #508058  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:07 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Warrior any chance I could take over the admin when you go on holiday ..... just run me through the routine for banning people . :icon_mrgreen:

Pffft - Holiday ?

The ban button is burned out from overuse anyway ....

Post #508059  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:43 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
:laughing7: that's better I've put the American tossbag on foe .... brilliant ... I don't have to look at avalanche of copy and paste .

If you’ve blocked him maybe you know as I’ve never blocked anyone, so perhaps can tell me this?

When someone you haven’t blocked replies to and quotes the post of another member you have blocked, would you see the copies in yellow of the original post by the person you have blocked as well as the one by the individual you haven’t blocked?

For example, if our friend friend from across the Atlantic hasn’t blocked Gunfire, who just did a post responding to and quoting one by Greeny who he presumably has blocked, would he be able to read the quoted post by Greeny as well as Gunfire’s?

Post #508060  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:02 pm 

Thanks Greeny.

Post #508061  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:18 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

got me stumped with that one ... big laughter + Laurel and Hardy .... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

That was his plan ... post something incoherent for you to ponder

Post #508062  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:25 pm 

Greeny wrote:
TAFKAEiN wrote:
The Arsenal today in 1953 with a letter signed by Bob Wall. Not a very interesting letter, but a lovely letterhead.

The telegraphic address, "gunneretic" is superb, and I don't know why it's not more well-known or used.

Interesting fact about telegraphic addresses. We all know at least a couple.
Interpol is one, as is Oxfam and Interflora

The content is interesting as well. A Villa supporter writing to us for the line-up of the Villa - Arsenal game 18 years before hand.
Also asking about a programme. Now why is he asking for a programme being as it was a Villa home game? Surely he should be asking Aston Villa for the programme, as I don't think any team prints programmes for away games?
So which game is he asking for a programme from?
And of course did he ever get his programme from the publishers?

Sadly w'll probably never know.
One thing I do know, his house was knocked down and they built a business park on the site.

I think he's an Arsenal fan living in the Midlands. Either he wrote one long letter that needed a few replies or he spent Christmas writing to everyone at Arsenal because here's another reply he received. As for whether he got the programme (or indeed what programme he was after), I'm afraid we may never know that one.

Attachments:

Post #508063  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:53 pm 

Don't really care much if Liverpool wins their FA Cup tie. Yeah, we win, we may have to face them but in reality we are very unlikely to do well unless some big names lose Which has happened but I'd rather us do well in the Europa and be firmly top half of table in the league.

Kane being injured is a major blow for Mourinho. He's still got people who can score at any time (Delli, Son, etc) but Kane is obviously his biggest threat. This season, Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham and us have all been playing badly the top 4 is there for the taking. Happy for Leicester for taking advantage. I hope they get top 4. Talk about punching above your weight.

If Liverpool can just lose in the league. Wouildn't care if they got a treble. Stick it to the Man Utd fans who called their 3 trophy haul 'Mickey mouse treble' many years ago. But just don't go unbeaten.

Post #508064  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:47 pm 

AmericanGooner has posted this for informational purposes only (assuming the US government is reading this :42laughter: :1laughter: )

Attachments:

Post #508065  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

If you’ve blocked him maybe you know as I’ve never blocked anyone, so perhaps can tell me this?

When someone you haven’t blocked replies to and quotes the post of another member you have blocked, would you see the copies in yellow of the original post by the person you have blocked as well as the one by the individual you haven’t blocked?

For example, if our friend friend from across the Atlantic hasn’t blocked Gunfire, who just did a post responding to and quoting one by Greeny who he presumably has blocked, would he be able to read the quoted post by Greeny as well as Gunfire’s?

Morning Bernard ...... exactly as Greeny explains ..... if only Warrior would refine the system so that there is no notification that your foe has even posted at all .... now that would be nice

Post #508066  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:28 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

That was his plan ... post something incoherent for you to ponder

Don't think it is planned but he does manage that on most ocassions .

Post #508067  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:13 pm 

Liverpool’s teenagers beat full strength Everton 1-0. Deserved as well.

Selling Walcott for £20m was one of the better decisions we’ve made in the transfer market recently. I’ve not seen him have a good game since he left us.

Post #508068  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 pm 

Didn't watch the match but I am a little surprised at the result considering its a derby and Liverpool got clobbered playing youth in the league cup. They apparently made adjustments.

In hindsight the sale of Walcott was a good idea. If he was able to stay healthy, I think he could have had a role in an Arteta side with his pace down the wings but in the end, it was a good decision.

Post #508069  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:47 pm 

Rich wrote:
Selling Walcott for £20m was one of the better decisions we’ve made in the transfer market recently. I’ve not seen him have a good game since he left us.

Walcott doesn’t look as quick as he once was either. No big shock I guess as he is approaching his 31st birthday. Without pace, even at his peak Theo would arguably have been a Brighton and Hove Albion level player. So it’s probably not too surprising if he hasn’t done that well at Everton.

Post #508070  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 pm 

Fabregas, van Persie, Ramsey and Gnabry are the 4 players I regret losing the most. I had very little doubt Gnabry was going to be a big. Had we gotten 2 or 3 years more of a healthy van Persie, I think we would have gotten back into the CL.

Wenger being petty and not taking Fabregas back is the one of the things I disliked about him the most. We could have had Anelka back for a few years as well were it not for Wenger being petty and vindictive.

We likely still could be using Fabregas now. One of the big reasons I wanted Wenger out. Him trying to seem dispassionate but really has a mean streak in him.

Post #508071  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Walcott doesn’t look as quick as he once was either. No big shock I guess as he is approaching his 31st birthday. Without pace, even at his peak Theo would arguably have been a Brighton and Hove Albion level player. So it’s probably not too surprising if he hasn’t done that well at Everton.

That's completely unfair. As you know I've always rated Walcott and...nah...can't keep that up even for a gag.

He had everything needed to be a great footballer except for any understanding of how to play football so he just did everything by numbers. I felt you could always see it in his crossing - so often he'd cross with lovely contact and perfect body shape but to a completely different point to where it was needed. But he looked good and his supporters complained no one was there.

I did used to think there was something deliberate and almost snidey in him and his playing up to the fans but I think it more likely he's just been doing absolutely everything by numbers.

Post #508072  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:42 pm 

Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,

Very annoying the giant strides Liverpool have made on and off the pitch in recent years. They are now an elite club again with an elite manager, elite squad and an elite mentality.

They have bought and sold incredibly well, have a well defined system of play and whilst they have been fortunate with the timing of some of their sales and purchases they have developed and integrated their purchases spectacularly well into their system.

They also have a conveyer belt of promising young talent coming through their youth academies.

Hopefully the Arteta era will be seen as the beginning of our climb back to the top once again.

Then again United have tried everything to get back again and are struggling to do so which just shows that even arguably the biggest team in the world can fall away and find it incredibly difficult to regain that lost ground if poor decisions are made on and off the pitch.

Post #508073  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Morning Bernard ...... exactly as Greeny explains ..... if only Warrior would refine the system so that there is no notification that your foe has even posted at all .... now that would be nice

Thanks.

Post #508074  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:36 pm 

If City or Chelsea were in the same position as Liverpool right now in the table, etc, it would be convenient and easy to blame it on the money that billionaires infused into the club. But with Liverpool the American owners that took over several years ago bought a club in debt.

Their value at the time was below ours on those rankings of valuable clubs. The sale of Suarez was forced. They had a few big stars they were forced to sell but what they have done is replace them. Suarez is better than Salah but Saleh has done very, very well for them. He didn't have to be as good as Suarez. Along with other buys.

Liverpool has removed the 'money' , 'financially doped' excuse. The American owners they have gave them the tools to succeed, primarily money. They opened the check book. That's the biggest thing an owner can do as well as getting the right management in place that is hungry for success.

We have the wrong owner. Arteta is going to get to a point where even if he is successful, we will need money to get to the next level. We may need to spend 70 mil on a defender. It's why I have always said, if we achieve great success it will be despite our ownership, not because of.

Post #508075  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 pm 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,

Very annoying the giant strides Liverpool have made on and off the pitch in recent years. They are now an elite club again with an elite manager, elite squad and an elite mentality.

They have bought and sold incredibly well, have a well defined system of play and whilst they have been fortunate with the timing of some of their sales and purchases they have developed and integrated their purchases spectacularly well into their system.

They also have a conveyer belt of promising young talent coming through their youth academies.

Hopefully the Arteta era will be seen as the beginning of our climb back to the top once again.

Then again United have tried everything to get back again and are struggling to do so which just shows that even arguably the biggest team in the world can fall away and find it incredibly difficult to regain that lost ground if poor decisions are made on and off the pitch.

Every now and them I check whether I should be impressed/respectful/entertained by them, but no, turns out they’re undeserving swine and I’m entitled, nay, justified in hating it all with a burning passion.

Imagine being United though, first City then Liverpool! :42laughter:

No I still hate it.

Post #508076  Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:20 am 

For approximately 2 hours I will be the biggest Tottenham fan on Saturday. And like most of their fans will end up cursing them by the end of the match.

Post #508077  Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:38 am 

That Clarkson is a real laugh isn’t he. It’s sad when people totally lose their way in life.

Thankfully there are genuine people like OMOH who posted the other day about the fires.

Enough said on that. Let us hope the revival continues against Leeds. I think it will be a bloody difficult game but I hope we just put the effort in from the first minute.

Post #508078  Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:43 am 

socrates wrote:

Morning Soc,
This website is great for the instant review of all transfers a club has made
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-live ... /verein/31
Everyone knows about the huge amount Countinho sale bought in and what it allowed Liverpool to do but even more impressive for me (as it is more sustainable rather than the 1 off one in a generation sale) has been their ability to move on squad players for fantastic sums
£20m for Ings, £19m for Solanke, £12m for Danny Ward, £16m Ibe, £13m Joe Allen, £25m Benteke, £25m Sahko, £10m Borini even getting a £5m loan fee for Origi. All that is more than the £140m they got for Coutinho

Post #508079  Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:45 am 

Milivojevic is suspended for our trip to Palace - he's scored a few pens against us recently. Palace have a raft of injuries as well. Couldn't ask for a better time to play them next saturday

Post #508080  Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:11 am 

Rumor is Man Utd are after Zaha. Weren't they after him a few years ago?

[ 572009 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12699, 12700, 12701, 12702, 12703, 12704, 12705 ... 14301  Next