Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 35 guests

Post #471841  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 am 

New fixtures out in an hour or so. Seen one 'leak' showing us away at Bournemouth on the opening day.

Generally the fixtures don't matter that much as we all start and finish on the same day so get the same rest over the course of the season, and we all play each other twice. However, you don't want to have a group of big games close together (injuries, suspensions, fatigue have more affect) and you want to have your easiest home games after European games.

Post #471842  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:56 am 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:
Especially as we've been here before with van persie.
All avoidable by showing some ambition.

We spent £100m last summer. Sanchez is all about Sanchez. He has never renewed a contract anywhere. While we have offered him a very generous deal, other clubs can pay more. That will likely be the decisive factor.

Hi Dec,

The problem is that we are probably going to lose him for below his market value and where do we find someone equally as good who isn't coveted by bigger clubs?

We will be playing catch-up again.

At this point it looks like the summer window is unfolding exactly as per the norm.........an early signing to raise the expectations of supporters followed by rumours of big bids for high profile players which make it look like we are serious but in reality are unlikely to succeed even if true.

Not to mention rumours Wenger has managed to veto any changes to the backroom staff. You couldn't make it up.

Post #471843  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:57 am 

Horrific scenes at that tower block. I just hope that there are not people still trapped inside, although there are suggestions many may be. Tragic.

Post #471844  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:09 am 

Mbappe and Giroud versus Alli and Kane

Lord Wenger for President

Post #471845  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 am 

socrates wrote:
At this point it looks like the summer window is unfolding exactly as per the norm.........an early signing to raise the expectations of supporters followed by rumours of big bids for high profile players which make it look like we are serious but in reality are unlikely to succeed even if true.

I really don’t get what people expect us to have done so far. By all accounts we look like we’ve made a world record bid for the most wanted talent in football, what more are we supposed to have accomplished by now?

Post #471846  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

I really don’t get what people expect us to have done so far. By all accounts we look like we’ve made a world record bid for the most wanted talent in football, what more are we supposed to have accomplished by now?

We could at least have signed Salomon Kalou and Sebastien Frey by now.......

Post #471847  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 am 

dec wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

We could at least have signed Salomon Kalou and Sebastien Frey by now.......

Also disappointed with the lack of rumours about Hatem Trabelsi, now that Barcelona seem to be going after Bellerin.

Post #471848  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 am 

socrates wrote:
dec wrote:
We spent £100m last summer. Sanchez is all about Sanchez. He has never renewed a contract anywhere. While we have offered him a very generous deal, other clubs can pay more. That will likely be the decisive factor.

Hi Dec,

The problem is that we are probably going to lose him for below his market value and where do we find someone equally as good who isn't coveted by bigger clubs?

We will be playing catch-up again

Hi Soc,

I don't think the club could have done much about it. He has been offered a very very good deal but has continually stalled. He is a tremendous player but I really don't think he has any particular bond with Arsenal so he is just going to go where he gets the best offer.

We will replace him too. As good as he is, this isn't like trying to fill the gap after Henry or Vieira.

Post #471849  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 am 

Rich wrote:
New fixtures out in an hour or so. Seen one 'leak' showing us away at Bournemouth on the opening day.

Leicester home, Rich.

Post #471850  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am 

Chelsea away early in the season is good. We've usually not managed to fall apart completely by mid-september.

Post #471851  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Leicester home, Rich.

That's a decent fixture list until Sky and BT might mess around with it. We have no run where we play a string of the top teams in the space of a few weeks. Christmas looks pretty manageable too. We'll walk the league next season :icon_mrgreen:

Post #471852  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am 

The only top 6 team we face in the last three months of the season are Man Utd away on April 28th. Everything is set for our desperate salvation of 4th place followed by 'this team has learned its lessons, just wait until next season'.

Post #471853  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:34 am 

dec wrote:

I'm not arguing with your view of Sanchez, but he was employed by Udinese for five years from 2006 to 2011, despite having loan spells for two of those years. When he left Udinese to join Barcelona in 2011, they paid a transfer fee for him so he presumably wasn't at the end of his contract at Udinese. I don't know when his last contract at Udinese expired but I'd have thought it must have been 2012 at the earliest. In 2006 did he sign a six year contract at Udinese, because if he did that's a lengthy deal? Or after signing his initial contract with Udinese in 2006, did he renew it with them later?

Post #471854  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 am 

It slipped my mind that we play Chelsea in the Charity Shield match again. Statement match? There are always a few matches that are circled first, main derbies (Tottenham and Chelsea) and matches against the title rivals.

Aug 26 Liverpool away...dicey
Sept 16 Chelsea away...very dicey
nice run of matches that if we are on form should see us be at or near the top of the table. Winnable matches.
then...
Nov 4 City away ....the only good thing about these being away is we get them home in the 2nd half of the season
Nov 18 Tottenham home which I hope we at least get some pride back and win this one.
Dec 2 Man Utd home...lets not make beating Mourinho a fluke.

Post #471855  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 am 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

I'm not arguing with your view of Sanchez, but he was employed by Udinese for five years from 2006 to 2011, despite having loan spells for two of those years. When he left Udinese to join Barcelona in 2011, they paid a transfer fee for him so he presumably wasn't at the end of his contract at Udinese. I don't know when his last contract at Udinese expired but I'd have thought it must have been 2012 at the earliest. In 2006 did he sign a six year contract at Udinese, because if he did that's a lengthy deal? Or after signing his initial contract with Udinese in 2006, did he renew it with them later?

You may be right, Bernard. I read it somewhere and it made sense as he has never played more than 3 seasons with a club. He signed for Udinese as a teenager so that might have been a 6 year deal, considering he was so young and building in the loans. I suppose the main point is that he moves on and I expect him to do the same this summer.

Post #471856  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:07 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
It slipped my mind that we play Chelsea in the Charity Shield match again. Statement match? There are always a few matches that are circled first, main derbies (Tottenham and Chelsea) and matches against the title rivals.

Aug 26 Liverpool away...dicey
Sept 16 Chelsea away...very dicey
nice run of matches that if we are on form should see us be at or near the top of the table. Winnable matches.
then...
Nov 4 City away ....the only good thing about these being away is we get them home in the 2nd half of the season
Nov 18 Tottenham home which I hope we at least get some pride back and win this one.
Dec 2 Man Utd home...lets not make beating Mourinho a fluke.

I've undertook a detailed analysis of the new fixtures and come to the conclusion that we play everybody twice.

The only thing you need to know is that we won't be prepared for Liverpool on the 26th and will get caught off guard.

Post #471857  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 am 

dec wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Dec,

We will be playing catch-up again

Hi Soc,

I don't think the club could have done much about it. He has been offered a very very good deal but has continually stalled. He is a tremendous player but I really don't think he has any particular bond with Arsenal so he is just going to go where he gets the best offer.

We will replace him too. As good as he is, this isn't like trying to fill the gap after Henry or Vieira.

I think it's not far off that. Where do you find another winger who scores as many goals and provides as many assists as him and that is willing to join us?

We will probably need to sign two players just to make up the difference.

Mbappe becomes more of a pipe dream every time he plays. Last night for France he just reinforced what a talent he is.

Frankly, I look at the likes of Lacazette and Morata as being the best available and wonder where we do find a top striker. Neither particularly impress me.

Tell me who you think we could realistically sign to replace Alexis?

Post #471858  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am 

Heartbreaking scenes at Grenfell Tower. Apart from the loss of life 2000 people have lost absolutely everything. All the little bits and pieces. Old photos of life and love. Family stuff left by departed relatives. Much loved pets. Absolutely everything.

I once had a house we were renting torched by the landlord for insurance. The whole downstairs was incinerated and everything upstairs was badly smoke damaged. We didn't lose anything important but it was devastating at the time, especially as we had a baby. But we were lucky - we lost nothing that mattered and weren't hurt at all. I can't begin to imagine what these poor souls are going through right now.

What is really sickening is that this could have been prevented. the resident committee are fairly well known and have been campaigning for years warning that just this sort of thing could happen whilst being ignored by the council and the (so-called) residents group. Add the gross reduction in fire services and already you have a disaster waiting to happen before the further legal neglect from this government. Tory MPs have filibustered both the fire safety bill (more red tape according to the Mail) and the bill to ensure landlords make homes fit for habitation, and also they delayed the review into fire safety in tower blocks against Fire Service advise. Truly sickened.

If you can do anything please do. There is/will be a donation line no doubt but if you can get to any of the places below to directly donate please do - these people are in their nightwear and have nothing so even a few bits of clothing would be wonderful.

Attachments:

Post #471859  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 am 

Exiled wrote:
Heartbreaking scenes at Grenfell Tower. Apart from the loss of life 2000 people have lost absolutely everything. All the little bits and pieces. Old photos of life and love. Family stuff left by departed relatives. Much loved pets. Absolutely everything.

I once had a house we were renting torched by the landlord for insurance. The whole downstairs was incinerated and everything upstairs was badly smoke damaged. We didn't lose anything important but it was devastating at the time, especially as we had a baby. But we were lucky - we lost nothing that mattered and weren't hurt at all. I can't begin to imagine what these poor souls are going through right now.

What is really sickening is that this could have been prevented. the resident committee are fairly well known and have been campaigning for years warning that just this sort of thing could happen whilst being ignored by the council and the (so-called) residents group. Add the gross reduction in fire services and already you have a disaster waiting to happen before the further legal neglect from this government. Tory MPs have filibustered both the fire safety bill (more red tape according to the Mail) and the bill to ensure landlords make homes fit for habitation, and also they delayed the review into fire safety in tower blocks against Fire Service advise. Truly sickened.

If you can do anything please do. There is/will be a donation line no doubt but if you can get to any of the places below to directly donate please do - these people are in their nightwear and have nothing so even a few bits of clothing would be wonderful.

It is horrfic, Ex. Like something from the Towering Inferno.

In this day and age, with the advances they've made in fire resistant materials etc you would not think it possible, but the building appeared to go up in flames like a paper bag.

Terrible, terrible scenes.

Post #471860  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am 

So Leicester at home, Stoke away and Liverpool away before the transfer window closes. You know the date when Wenger gets the panic buys, because he is still arguing over fees and probably when he sells Alexis to a competitor. So does anyone think we will have 9 points on 31 August.

If I was negotiating at Chelsea or Man City for Alexis I would tell us it is a 60 mil offer that drops by a million every second day from the day of the offer.

As for the offer for Mbappe it is just clearly a smokescreen to tell the fans they tried. Mbappe wants CL football. We should have also offered 150mil for Messi because there is just as much chance of landing him.

I didn't make the promise of top top players- I could almost write the script now of the excuses. Come to think of it there are some script writers on here, so perhaps they can help with the creative excuses. I do not trust Wenger one little bit in case you were wondering. Yeah I am a negative prick I know but I have just been burnt many times with the pitiful excuses they put forward.

Post #471861  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:31 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
As for the offer for Mbappe it is just clearly a smokescreen to tell the fans they tried.

A more likely explanation for us bidding 100m is that we're trying to sign the player. It's a longshot of course, but what's the alternative? We can't criticise the club for showing no ambition and then say they shouldn't even bother trying for top players. Settling for lesser players that we have a better chance of signing would be exactly the kind of thing Wenger's been derided for in the past.

Post #471862  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 am 

scum fans react to the fixture list:

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2017/06/14 ... -and-more/

Post #471863  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:07 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
...Yeah I am a negative prick I know...
Gaz you really are. And it is so boring when you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on with the stirring of the same old stew. Liven yourself up, will you?

Post #471864  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:35 pm 

:53big-emoticons:

Post #471865  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:37 pm 

I saw our schedule but we don't know the Europa league early rounds yet, right? Will take a look at their website to see how its done.

Post #471866  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:40 pm 

The tories literally have blood on their hands over the last few weeks.

My heart goes out to those lost

Post #471867  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Thankfully there are people with more brains than you. Corbyn bit his lips and didn't attack the Tories or blame them. There will be an investigation then you can criticise whoever is at fault. Till then stfu you *%^@.

Post #471868  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Thankfully there are people with more brains than you. Corbyn bit his lips and didn't attack the Tories or blame them. There will be an investigation then you can criticise whoever is at fault. Till then stfu you *%^@.

All in the name of austerity. Disgraceful

https://youtu.be/UN3e-aYUusc

Post #471869  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

How old are you? This had nothing to do with cuts. Two years ago 12million was spent on upgrading the property. It's possible the plastic cladding wasn't fireproof it's possible the contractors removed some protection. The investigation will find what the problem was and hopefully someone will be charged then with Corporate manslaughter. Whoever was at fault they will pay and pay heavily.

Post #471870  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:56 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

How old are you? This had nothing to do with cuts. Two years ago 12million was spent on upgrading the property. It's possible the plastic cladding wasn't fireproof it's possible the contractors removed some protection. The investigation will find what the problem was and hopefully someone will be charged then with Corporate manslaughter. Whoever was at fault they will pay and pay heavily.

As exiled pointed out earlier the tories filibustered the new fire and safety bill. Seriously, if you're life is this empty that you have to protect the wrong doers and evil within our world then please do society a favour and kill yourself.

I hope those responsible for this tragic loss of life get wiped out and removed from planet earth because their existence is pointless.

Post #471871  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

As exiled pointed out earlier the tories filibustered the new fire and safety bill. Seriously, if you're life is this empty that you have to protect the wrong doers and evil within our world then please do society a favour and kill yourself.

I hope those responsible for this tragic loss of life get wiped out and removed from planet earth because their existence is pointless.

Dumb and dumber. The response to the Bridge incidents and the response to this fire were all excellent. Blame the Tories for a lot of things but in these incidences you're just spitting in the wind.

Post #471872  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Dumb and dumber. The response to the Bridge incidents and the response to this fire were all excellent. Blame the Tories for a lot of things but in these incidences you're just spitting in the wind.

Thanks for sharing your ridiculous feelings. The Internet cares what you think...

Post #471873  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Theo earns 140k a week.

Surely it pretty much starts and ends there

Earns?

Indeed .... you can't blame the player , they just let their agent haggle with the powers that be to feather both their nests but in terms of what Theo puts out and gets ; compared to your Joe Average worker it's sickening .
Walcott seems to happily chirp on social media about wake up calls etc
...to my way of thinking he'd earn more respect by saying "this week because I was a complete passenger in the game I'm going to donate 20,000 of my wages to the blind foundation " or similar .

Not putting myself up for canonization here but about twenty years ago I was making some large farm gates and making a complete ****&^%$ of the job . Out of square , hinges on the wrong side if it could be cocked up I did it .

Took four days to finally get the suckers right .

Such was my embarrassment at my output I said to the bloke concerned pay me for two days

Post #471874  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm 

Rich wrote:
Anyone notice Mbappe wears the No.12 for France - just like Henry

No .... but I wish I had

:laughing7: You should get out more Rich , go to night classes make yourself a bookcase .

Post #471875  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Earns?

Indeed .... you can't blame the player , they just let their agent haggle with the powers that be to feather both their nests but in terms of what Theo puts out and gets ; compared to your Joe Average worker it's sickening .
Walcott seems to happily chirp on social media about wake up calls etc ... he'd earn more respect by saying "this week because I was a complete passenger in the game I'm going to donate 20,000 of my wages to the blind foundation " or similar .

Not putting myself up for canonisation here but about twenty years ago I was making some large farm gates and making a complete ****&^%$ of the job . Out of square , hinges on the wrong side if it could be cocked up I did it .

Took four days to finally get the suckers right .

Such was my embarrassment at my output I said to the bloke concerned pay me for two days

Jesse Lingard is on 100k per week. Theo must feel undervalued.

Post #471876  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:21 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
...Yeah I am a negative prick I know...
Gaz you really are. And it is so boring when you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on,and on, and on, and on, and on with the stirring of the same old stew. Liven yourself up, will you?

But if people don't protest then Wenger runs the line that everyone is happy. Hence his talking about a few unhappy supporters when that was clearly not true.

Speak up or you allow the situation to get worse.

Post #471877  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

But if people don't protest then Wenger runs the line that everyone is happy. Hence his talking about a few unhappy supporters when that was clearly not true.
Speak up or you allow the situation to get worse.
By all means speak up Gaz, but how about a bit of variety in the message? There's not much on TV these days, and the old people's day centre is closed, and my hip is playing me up so I can't get down to bingo. I come on here for a bit of entertainment and the best you can do is whinge on and on and on and and on and on and on about the same subject. Fair play though, you haven't told anybody to kill themselves.

Post #471878  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Rich wrote:
Anyone notice Mbappe wears the No.12 for France - just like Henry

No .... but I wish I had

:laughing7: You should get out more Rich , go to night classes make yourself a bookcase .
Yes, that sounds much more fun than wine, women or song.

Post #471879  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

While we can't pretend to have any certainty about this tragedy and its causes (apart from the thought that tower blocks of that size as appropriate living conditions in the 21st century in a nation as rich as the UK is insane, given the thousands that die every year in similar properties globaly purely as a result of the nature of those properties), even taking into the prior concerns into consideration, the fillibustering of the fire and safety bill by a group of private landlords on the blue side of the house was one of a number of truly disgusting similar acts by the current conservative administration. They really do make you pine for the days for John Major and his cabinet, when there was still a conscience within the party and fillibustering for private gain wasn't a seasonal event.

If the majority of the population of this country were furnished with the facts about this particular conservative administration and its record on a whole range of things over the last few years, a significant number of the MPs in question would be dragged from their offices by the multitude.

I find it astonishing. Given the slog it takes to get there, one can only assume that most politicians enter politics with the desire to improve things from whatever standpoint they come from, but the utter moral bankruptcy of a large number of current Tory mp's sometimes makes me want to vomit. There are some good ones on the blue side of the house, but of late they have been shouted down by the really nasty bastards that seem to be breeding over there. Its amazing how many of them are also awful orators, terrible improvisers and in a few cases, are thick as the proverbial short planks.

Post #471880  Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 am 

bubblechris wrote:
The response to the Bridge incidents and the response to this fire were all excellent. Blame the Tories for a lot of things but in these incidences you're just spitting in the wind.

The responses from the emergency services were truly excellent. But in each case they were having to do so against a back drop of massively reduced resources.

I know everything costs money, but I reckon most people were told for an extra penny in the pound tax they could have fully resourced police, fire and ambulance services, they'd be prepared to pay it.

Its like the way we are told we need to keep updating a nuclear deterrent that is irrelevant (because the only people who would ever push us to the point where a nuclear deterrent is an option either are semi-apocalyptic death cultists for whom it is no deterrent or people like Russia, China or the USA who could wipe us off the planet with fairly little effort - everyone else is either too close to want to use them or too poor to be a threat), but can't give our ground troops adequate kit.

[ 570665 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11794, 11795, 11796, 11797, 11798, 11799, 11800 ... 14267  Next