Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Rich, warrior and 324 guests

Post #477081  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 pm 

JohnJensen wrote:
Tottenham to win the Champions League got to be worth taking? they are one of the most successful British sides in Europe of all time and they probably have not only the worlds greatest striker but the worlds greatest manager at the moment...

Welcome to the forum. Are you taking the piss?

Post #477082  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:00 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
JohnJensen wrote:
Tottenham to win the Champions League got to be worth taking? they are one of the most successful British sides in Europe of all time and they probably have not only the worlds greatest striker but the worlds greatest manager at the moment...

Welcome to the forum. Are you taking the piss?

Norm for most Arsenal supporters nowadays. Talk up the opposition and slag off our players.

Happier times ahead.

We wreck Spurs away record and draw at Man City.

Yeah yeah, wake me up when it's all over :1laughter:

Post #477083  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:55 pm 

JohnJensen wrote:
What to make of this season when our more successful neighbours are doing so well eh? maybe one day the power balance will shift back our way but at the moment it doesn't seem likely

Your beloved Lilly whites time at the top will be shorter than leprechauns mate. Head back to simb

Post #477084  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:29 pm 

JohnJensen wrote:
What to make of this season when our more successful neighbours are doing so well eh? maybe one day the power balance will shift back our way but at the moment it doesn't seem likely

Welcome. New or long time lurker and decided to get your to.e wet? Hehe

Club success run in cycles. Man Utd went from '68 - '92 without a title but were the biggest club. Liverpool, the 2nd biggest club has had no titles and mixed success since '90.

If these are the dark days them we are not too bad off. I'm as frustrated as any Gooner but I think when Wenger is gone it's a chance to improve despite being owned by an owner who doesn't know the sport or appreciate the history of the club.

We will be back. One day. And Tottenham will go back to their rightful place below us.

Post #477085  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
50 arsenal goal for Aaron Ramsey.
Piers and Ljungberg the only other midfielders to reach that mark under wenger

Didn't Fabregas get about 57 goals.

Post #477086  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 am 

Draytonkid wrote:
Rich wrote:

You're right. The handbook says Fabregas scored 57 goals for Arsenal.

Post #477087  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am 

Bernard wrote:
Draytonkid wrote:

Wikpedea says 212 apps & 35 goals. Not that Wikipedia is the font of all knowledge but they are big differences in numbers

Post #477088  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:25 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Wikpedea says 212 apps & 35 goals. Not that Wikipedia is the font of all knowledge but they are big differences in numbers

Wikipedia, in their summary slot, only give league goals. Go down to their career statistics slot and it gives totals of 57 goals in 303 appearances for Arsenal.

Post #477089  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 pm 

Draytonkid wrote:
Rich wrote:

Cesc the legend. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #477090  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Draytonkid wrote:

Arsenal legends don't refuse to turn out for the club in case an injury stops them getting a transfer to the club they really love.

Post #477091  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Arsenal legends don't refuse to turn out for the club in case an injury stops them getting a transfer to the club they really love.

Bromley if there was a 'like' button on the forum as there is on Facebook and Twitter, I'd have pressed it for that reply.

Post #477092  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 pm 

How anyone in their right mind can consider him a legend while he plays for another team is beyond me too. after he retires I might remember the good times but as it stands he is not a legend to me just a player who played well in some games but not in all.

The fool has got it wrong again................

Post #477093  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Draytonkid wrote:

Fair enough. I was just copying a stat I saw without checking it first!

Post #477094  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 pm 

AG's legend gives the ball away for Roma's third goal. Can Chelsea come back from another Roma defeat.................

Post #477095  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:03 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
AG's legend gives the ball away for Roma's third goal. Can Chelsea come back from another Roma defeat.................

They are as good as qualifiwd. Atletico have been abysmal in this group.

Post #477096  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Wikipedia, in their summary slot, only give league goals. Go down to their career statistics slot and it gives totals of 57 goals in 303 appearances for Arsenal.

Thanks. I had not realised that. Fab played a lot of games for us. Not my favourite player of all time but I always liked his snide little ways. It often puts opponents on edge & makes the opposing fans hate you. Great theatre. If he had stayed with us he would have still been waiting for a championship medal. He did the right thing for himself. Would have bought him back when he was available. Still that is all history.

Post #477097  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 pm 

dec wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

They are as good as qualifiwd. Atletico have been abysmal in this group.

Chelsea have been incredibly lucky that athletico haven’t turned up at all. Chelsea were bang average in both legs v Roma and looked a total mess at the back tonight. There was one moment when 3 defenders all chased the same man who just stopped and laid it square to a completely free man 12 yards out - who skied it

Post #477098  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm 

My guess is that Wenger will send a token force out on Thursday. City is a huge game obviously. Wenger will want his best players as fresh as possible.
If we send out the kids against Belgrade, I'm hoping they'll recreate some magic.

Post #477099  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 pm 

Ox gets a start against the mighty Maribor. Hope he does well, he deserves to, but we all know it won't last lol.

Surprisingly Spurs risk Kane. Crazy playing him but I hope he runs his socks off and sets his recovery back even more.

Post #477100  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 pm 

Spurs lead 1-0 from a goal that is a long way offside, 2 yards probably, right in front of the lino, alderweireld has done his hamstring

Napoli also lead Man City. Napoli are a fine team! Sure to be some of the big teams sniffing round their players. Thought I read that Mertens has a £25m release clause

Post #477101  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:43 pm 

Rich wrote:
Spurs lead 1-0 from a goal that is a long way offside, 2 yards probably, right in front of the lino, alderweireld has done his hamstring

Napoli also lead Man City. Napoli are a fine team! Sure to be some of the big teams sniffing round their players. Thought I read that Mertens has a £25m release clause

That offside was really bad. The 18 yard line was between Tripper and the Madrid defender. Very poor from the lino.

Post #477102  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 pm 

Trust our luck to be out the champions league just as Real, Barcelona and Bayern look as beatable as they have in years. I felt sick when Chelsea won the champions league, I'll go into hiding if Spurs win it.

Post #477103  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:36 pm 

danny wrote:
Trust our luck to be out the champions league just as Real, Barcelona and Bayern look as beatable as they have in years. I felt sick when Chelsea won the champions league, I'll go into hiding if Spurs win it.

Those 3 look beatable......but not by us. I think there are another 7-8 teams who we'd struggle to beat over 2 legs as well. Probably all 4 english teams, roma, napoli, juve, psg......

Post #477104  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 pm 

danny wrote:

Madrid have been really poor this season so far. I wouldn't count them out though. Barca are less spectacular than previously but win most of their games. Bayern will likely improve and PSG look superb. I wouldn't be worrying about the Spuds just yet.

Post #477105  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pm 

Dortmund, Napoli and Athleico Madrid all looking pretty certain to drop in to the Europa League.
No such luck on the easy teams and route Man U had last year

Post #477106  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm 

dec wrote:
danny wrote:

Madrid have been really poor this season so far. I wouldn't count them out though. Barca are less spectacular than previously but win most of their games. Bayern will likely improve and PSG look superb. I wouldn't be worrying about the Spuds just yet.

City look like they are ready to make a serious go of winning the champions league this year.
Pep has improved so many of the team, Stones, otamendi, sterling, sane all hugely better than last year.
The new gk looks like a position solved. De bruyn is possibly in the top 5 in Europe at the moment and we haven’t even mentioned the strikers yet.
4-2 away at Napoli is a great result. I fear for us at the weekend

Post #477107  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 pm 

Rich wrote:
dec wrote:

City look like they are ready to make a serious go of winning the champions league this year.
Pep has improved so many of the team, Stones, otamendi, sterling, sane all hugely better than last year.
The new gk looks like a position solved. De bruyn is possibly in the top 5 in Europe at the moment and we haven’t even mentioned the strikers yet.

I expect Wenger to field the squaddies against Red Star. We have a fully rested first 11 to face Man City. No excuses not to get at least a draw.

Post #477108  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 pm 

Rich wrote:
dec wrote:

They are excellent going forward but still weak at the back. The keeper is definitely an improvement. I'm not sure Stones and Otamendi are any better than last season. DeBruyne is flying while Sane and Jesus are brilliant young footballers. Still beatable though.

Post #477109  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

They are excellent going forward but still weak at the back. The keeper is definitely an improvement. I'm not sure Stones and Otamendi are any better than last season. DeBruyne is flying while Sane and Jesus are brilliant young footballers. Still beatable though.

I’d agree that their defence is still vulnerable, the question for me is does wenger have the tactical nous to nullify their attack AND cause them problems on the counter attack?

Post #477110  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 am 

The Arsenal is always good for at least one big result each season. Beating the champions in the league and cup final last season for example. If we managed to win Sunday, a tall order, would it change anything? Would it ignite us and change our season and we go on a run? I'm not confident it will. I hope win and would be happy if we win or even get a result but in the larger context of things there are endemic issues. The biggest being the manager.

Surprising how far Chelsea have fallen this season. They are a decent side. No question but compared to last season its surprising how badly they are playing. The debacle in Rome being the most recent of a few bad matches.

Right now a successful season looks like being in 5th and having a shout at top 4. Maybe a cup semi or final in Europe.

It won't be a surprise if Sanchez leaves. Özil as well. Replacing them may not be successful. We may have to get used to an Arsenal side that hovers around 5th or 6th at best for a couple seasons at least.

Post #477111  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 am 

This isn't a fun time to be a Gooner in a city with Tottenham supporters today. Work could be unbearable for some of you.

Post #477112  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 am 

Goonie wrote:
I expect Wenger to field the squaddies against Red Star. We have a fully rested first 11 to face Man City. No excuses not to get at least a draw.

No excuses? Have you watched us play this season?

Post #477113  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
This isn't a fun time to be a Gooner in a city with Tottenham supporters today. Work could be unbearable for some of you.

Not as unbearable as having to read your drivel.

Post #477114  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
dec wrote:

Sterling has been excellent. I’m not surprised Pep didn’t want to swap him for Sanchez as was suggested in the summer.

Post #477115  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:58 pm 

Darren wrote:
Goonie wrote:

That made me laugh. We have a very ordinary team. City have far better midfielders and forwards. If they play like they have been all season, they will probably trounce us. It could be another 4 or 5 goal drubbing away from home.

Post #477116  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm 

Tonight at the Ems.

Attachments:

Post #477117  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:11 pm 

dec wrote:
Darren wrote:

That made me laugh. We have a very ordinary team. City have far better midfielders and forwards. If they play like they have been all season, they will probably trounce us. It could be another 4 or 5 goal drubbing away from home.

Our away form is horrible but the Everton win should boost confidence somewhat that we can get something out of the Man City game. I'm hoping freshness vs fatigue will be a factor in our favour.

Post #477118  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:17 pm 

54Macey
2Debuchy
35El Neny
16Holding
61Nelson
34Coquelin
69Willock
30Maitland-Niles
14Walcott
10Wilshere
12Giroud
Substitutes
3Osei-Tutu
32Akpom
33Cech
43Da Silva
58McGuane
62Nketiah
65Sheaf

:22encouragement: come on you reds

Post #477119  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:45 pm 

Goonie wrote:
dec wrote:

Our away form is horrible but the Everton win should boost confidence somewhat that we can get something out of the Man City game. I'm hoping freshness vs fatigue will be a factor in our favour.

To be fair Goonie, you are very positive about this team and you don't moan about them much at all. I have no faith in them because I don't think they are much good. City are much better and while anything can happen on the day, the likely result is another comprehensive defeat away to a top 6 side.

Post #477120  Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:20 pm 

Wilshere is running freely and well. Time to test him for a longer playing period in the EPL?

[ 571997 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11925, 11926, 11927, 11928, 11929, 11930, 11931 ... 14300  Next