Fixtures Weds April 17th - Bayern Munich - Allianz-Arena - UEFA Champions League - 8:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                 Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, Googlebot and 83 guests

 
Post #557841  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

dec wrote:
There is room for all three in my view. In fact, having three who can play that central striker role is a good thing. Jesus is excellent in the wide positions. We were going to spend a fortune on Mudryk as another wide option and if Balogun is now a genuine contender for the centre forward role, then we simply have more options with Jesus, Saka, Trossard, Emile Smith Rowe and Martinelli as really excellent wide players. The nervousness about an injury to Saka is diminished.


Their all centre forwards though. Nketiah wasn’t getting a look in until the injury. With Trossard now Jesus won’t be played wide much.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557842  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

I’d agree with those who are unsure there is space for 3 out and out strikers in the squad. Jesus can play wide right but I can’t see us being able to keep all 3 happy.

I think before we put Balogun ahead of Nketiah we should get Balogun on a loan in the Prem. If he wasn’t our player and we signed him there would be concern if he can do it in ‘this’ league. Eddie and Jesus have proven they can.

What a loan it’s been for him, he’s probably and realistically quadrupled his market value.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557843  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 8129

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:
There is room for all three in my view. In fact, having three who can play that central striker role is a good thing. Jesus is excellent in the wide positions. We were going to spend a fortune on Mudryk as another wide option and if Balogun is now a genuine contender for the centre forward role, then we simply have more options with Jesus, Saka, Trossard, Emile Smith Rowe and Martinelli as really excellent wide players. The nervousness about an injury to Saka is diminished.


Their all centre forwards though. Nketiah wasn’t getting a look in until the injury. With Trossard now Jesus won’t be played wide much.

Jesus is as much a wide player as he is a centre forward, as borne out by his time at City. It's all about rotation. We will be in the CL next year. Loads of games to play and it's great to have options. Go back a few weeks with Jesus and Emile Smith Rowe injured and we had nobody on the bench to bring on against Newcastle (jury is out on Vieira). Now, Jesus is definitely our No.1 striker but competition for that position is a good thing.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557844  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Their all centre forwards though. Nketiah wasn’t getting a look in until the injury. With Trossard now Jesus won’t be played wide much.

Jesus is as much a wide player as he is a centre forward, as borne out by his time at City. It's all about rotation. We will be in the CL next year. Loads of games to play and it's great to have options. Go back a few weeks with Jesus and Emile Smith Rowe injured and we had nobody on the bench to bring on against Newcastle (jury is out on Vieira). Now, Jesus is definitely our No.1 striker but competition for that position is a good thing.

How many games would balogun have started this year? I’d guess 2 at most. Even with rotation. If Jesus hadn’t got injured I think we would have had an issue just with 2. That’s the issue

You have 4 players now competing for wide positions before Jesus is even considered there, chuck in the centre forward position and you would 7 competing for 3 places and that’s ignoring Fabio vieira. You’ll struggle to keep them happy


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557845  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 8129

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:
Jesus is as much a wide player as he is a centre forward, as borne out by his time at City. It's all about rotation. We will be in the CL next year. Loads of games to play and it's great to have options. Go back a few weeks with Jesus and Emile Smith Rowe injured and we had nobody on the bench to bring on against Newcastle (jury is out on Vieira). Now, Jesus is definitely our No.1 striker but competition for that position is a good thing.

How many games would balogun have started this year? I’d guess 2 at most. Even with rotation. If Jesus hadn’t got injured I think we would have had an issue just with 2. That’s the issue

You have 4 players now competing for wide positions before Jesus is even considered there, chuck in the centre forward position and you would 7 competing for 3 places and that’s ignoring Fabio vieira. You’ll struggle to keep them happy

It's not about this year though. We are looking to next season. Balogun would have started very few games this season because he hadn't proven himself. It's much easier to rotate established players than kids. Grealish and Mahrez are frequently on the bench at City. If we have a good season next year we will play close to 60 games. This season we were talking about putting out weak teams in the cups to save the first 11 for the league. We needed more depth and an improved Balogun adds to that.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557846  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:08 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 16426

dec wrote:
There is room for all three in my view. In fact, having three who can play that central striker role is a good thing. Jesus is excellent in the wide positions. We were going to spend a fortune on Mudryk as another wide option and if Balogun is now a genuine contender for the centre forward role, then we simply have more options with Jesus, Saka, Trossard, Emile Smith Rowe and Martinelli as really excellent wide players. The nervousness about an injury to Saka is diminished.

Agreed. It will require good management, but the alternative is worse. With on two central strikers that the manager trusts, , you are one long term injury away from a very precarious situation, as we have seen.

With our high energy pressing game, we need to be able to substitute our front players after about an hour. Otherwise we are running Nketiah, Saka, and Martinelli in to the ground week after week. Having a strong bench is a huge advantage.

And obviously if we are in the champions league we can't afford a big drop in quality when we rotate, which we will have to.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557847  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34017

Balogun yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MRmPVZ034

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY58GOHnh94

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


Last edited by warrior on Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edited broken links


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557848  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
How many games would balogun have started this year? I’d guess 2 at most. Even with rotation. If Jesus hadn’t got injured I think we would have had an issue just with 2. That’s the issue

You have 4 players now competing for wide positions before Jesus is even considered there, chuck in the centre forward position and you would 7 competing for 3 places and that’s ignoring Fabio vieira. You’ll struggle to keep them happy

It's not about this year though. We are looking to next season. Balogun would have started very few games this season because he hadn't proven himself. It's much easier to rotate established players than kids. Grealish and Mahrez are frequently on the bench at City. If we have a good season next year we will play close to 60 games. This season we were talking about putting out weak teams in the cups to save the first 11 for the league. We needed more depth and an improved Balogun adds to that.


Ok then I guess how many games would Nketiah have got if Jesus hadn’t got injured and how many games would a third established striker have got before as well.

The grealish comparison just highlights what I’m saying. 3 city wingers competing for 2 spots. We would have 3 strikers competing for 1. Many games would involve 1 of the 3 not getting any minutes at all.

You are talking about how it would be good for us which it would but I’m suggesting you can’t keep those 3 happy in Artetas system with 1 up front.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557849  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34017

They deleted the part of the interview where he says he'll prove some of the SG forum members wrong. :42laughter:
Frankly, I don't know what to expect but I'm very hopeful and more optimistic than pessimistic.


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557850  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

Arteta has such a clear vision of how he wants the game played (and its proving succesful) and with that he has a similarly clear vision of what each player in each position is required to do. So, it would make sense therefore that Arteta's ability to spot talented players is going to be very high. If your plan is clear and a success, and you know exactly what strengths each position needs you just find players to fit that criteria - which crucially won't always be the big name player, hyped up player, or sometimes even a player who is playing that well in his current team if the skills he has that would fit us perfectly are not being used by his team.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557851  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 6449
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

Chelsea has spent over $600 million on new signings. Here’s why that’s significant

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/01/foot ... index.html


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557852  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 3572

The Football White Paper

https://www.football365.com/news/footba ... ch-chelsea

_________________
Be careful who you call your friends. I'd rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557853  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 6449
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

‘It is cheating’: European giants fume at ‘wild’ $1.4bn Premier League reality

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/p ... 9cccaecc2b


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557854  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

Mason Greenwood has had the charges against him dropped. A sad affair for all involved. As always only two people in these cases will ever know the real truth of what happened. Overly partisan fans will tend to fall heavily on one side of the argument but none of us really know a thing about it.

Lets hope both of them can get on with their life - although knowing the British tabloid press (and rival fans) there is probably little chance this won't hang over both of them for a long time


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557855  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/footb ... ub-4011719


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557856  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5688

Rich wrote:
Mason Greenwood has had the charges against him dropped. A sad affair for all involved. As always only two people in these cases will ever know the real truth of what happened. Overly partisan fans will tend to fall heavily on one side of the argument but none of us really know a thing about it.

Lets hope both of them can get on with their life - although knowing the British tabloid press (and rival fans) there is probably little chance this won't hang over both of them for a long time

I'd hope Utd take him back. He is innocent and we cannot mere allegations ruining people's lives.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557857  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 25814

warrior wrote:
‘It is cheating’: European giants fume at ‘wild’ $1.4bn Premier League reality

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/p ... 9cccaecc2b

They are right.

But La Liga were quite content when Real Madrid and Barcelona were (and still are) ‘doped’ from outside finance. They could attract whoever they liked and were most adept at unsettling players so that the move became inevitable.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557858  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 8166

Attachment:

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
Mason Greenwood has had the charges against him dropped. A sad affair for all involved. As always only two people in these cases will ever know the real truth of what happened. Overly partisan fans will tend to fall heavily on one side of the argument but none of us really know a thing about it.

Lets hope both of them can get on with their life - although knowing the British tabloid press (and rival fans) there is probably little chance this won't hang over both of them for a long time

I'd hope Utd take him back. He is innocent and we cannot mere allegations ruining people's lives.


A witness has withdrawn their evidence.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557859  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

warrior wrote:
‘It is cheating’: European giants fume at ‘wild’ $1.4bn Premier League reality

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/p ... 9cccaecc2b

The prem as a whole gets tarred with the wild spending brush but really it’s 1 or 2 clubs right at the top end and a lid at the bottom that’s out of kilter. Historically big and successful teams like us and Liverpool spending a decent chunk of money shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. But Chelsea spending £600m is unprecedented and also teams like newly promoted Forest spending £200m is bonkers. In a way it’s that side of the prem spending that is crazy but has also made it the most watchable league because you have teams who finish well in to the bottom half with £40m strikers and so whilst the team loses matches there are times on their day when the individual quality will shine and they can give the best teams a good game and play entertaining football.

You only have to look at players at top European clubs swapping it for a low level prem team, simply to come and play in the prem…..and the money isn’t bad!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557860  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34017

Jorginho vs Arsenal, a bit dated but still....


_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557861  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Posts: 3676

DHD wrote:
Attachment:
80B7B242-BD53-48B9-931B-76FAF327C684.png
Gunfire wrote:
I'd hope Utd take him back. He is innocent and we cannot mere allegations ruining people's lives.


A witness has withdrawn their evidence.


Yes “prosecution did not go ahead because witnesses (complainant in this case) withdrew statements” does not equal “found innocent.” Basically the evidence hasn’t been challenged or answered and will remain like that. It’s the equivalent of Fabinho on that Brighton player. We all know it was a red card but the FA’s hands are tied. No one “deserves” a career earning millions so I wouldn’t be too fussed if this particular evidence stopped someone doing that.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557862  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

I think man united will pay off the last 2 years on his contract. Their statement lends itself to the fact they are considering it. No way will they want that attention.

Criminal justice in the UK is an absolute joke however I don’t think the CPS has much choice if the complainant withdraws they have little evidence to proceed. I hate the way crime is dealt with here. Zero police and old bill more concerned with nicking speeders than stopping violence. I know that sounds like a generalisation but it’s pretty true.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557863  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 3035

AmericanGooner wrote:
Jorginho vs Arsenal, a bit dated but still....



That No.10 with the afro looks good. We should have signed him instead.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557864  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
Mason Greenwood has had the charges against him dropped. A sad affair for all involved. As always only two people in these cases will ever know the real truth of what happened. Overly partisan fans will tend to fall heavily on one side of the argument but none of us really know a thing about it.

Lets hope both of them can get on with their life - although knowing the British tabloid press (and rival fans) there is probably little chance this won't hang over both of them for a long time

I'd hope Utd take him back. He is innocent and we cannot mere allegations ruining people's lives.

Weirdo


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557865  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 3035

This is both unbelievably quick thinking and outrageously cynical

https://www.theguardian.com/football/vi ... nsed-video


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557866  Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

Interesting to note martinellis new contract gives him 200k a week. They aren’t stupid then.

Wonder what saka is getting offered


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557867  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 34017

Reese Witherspoon has moved up in my all time female actresses list.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/651616970100552/

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557868  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5688

TOP GUN wrote:
]
Weirdo


Until you are found guilty in a court of law you are innocent. The only wierdos are people who think an accusation should be sufficient to end a career.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557869  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 20603

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
]
Weirdo


Until you are found guilty in a court of law you are innocent. The only wierdos are people who think an accusation should be sufficient to end a career.


It's a bit more than an accusation gunny, I assume you've seen the pictures and heard the recording?

Plus, he's not been found innocent in a court of law, it seems there was just not enough reliable evidence to proceed after key witnesses withdrew their statements or refused to cooperate.

If I was being cynical I'd suggest witnesses were encouraged to withdraw their testimony and the case collapsed. I hope that this isn't so because this has done nothing to encourage other women to come forward and the lady in question should be ashamed if it did happen and she has withdrawn here accusations to allow him to go free. She should be charged with perverting the course of justice.

Rumours abound that he's back together with his accuser. Missing the affluent lifestyle?

No idea what United do now, they are stuck between a rock and a hardplace. Whatever they do will be seen as wrong and alienate a section of their fans.

Back and playing he's a £50m+ asset and legally he's an innocent man but morally I would suggest it would be very difficult to have him play for United again.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557870  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

AmericanGooner wrote:
Reese Witherspoon has moved up in my all time female actresses list.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/651616970100552/

She ages like a fine wine that girl. She’s on the TOP G list.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557871  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 18396

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
]
Weirdo


Until you are found guilty in a court of law you are innocent. The only wierdos are people who think an accusation should be sufficient to end a career.

I didn’t say I think it should end a career I just find it a bit weird celebrating a sexual assault case falling apart because a witness bailed.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557872  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5688

socrates wrote:

It's a bit more than an accusation gunny, I assume you've seen the pictures and heard the recording?

Plus, he's not been found innocent in a court of law, it seems there was just not enough reliable evidence to proceed after key witnesses withdrew their statements or refused to cooperate.

If I was being cynical I'd suggest witnesses were encouraged to withdraw their testimony and the case collapsed. I hope that this isn't so because this has done nothing to encourage other women to come forward and the lady in question should be ashamed if it did happen and she has withdrawn here accusations to allow him to go free. She should be charged with perverting the course of justice.

Rumours abound that he's back together with his accuser. Missing the affluent lifestyle?

No idea what United do now, they are stuck between a rock and a hardplace. Whatever they do will be seen as wrong and alienate a section of their fans.

Back and playing he's a £50m+ asset and legally he's an innocent man but morally I would suggest it would be very difficult to have him play for United again.


Recordings and pictures are not evidence. Are you someone who believes everything on the internet? I don't. I believe unless it is tested in a court of law it is hearsay. Maybe there was a different context to the recording and the pictures. I have witnessed someone accusing a man of battery and it transpired she used her make up to make her face look bruised. I am not saying it happened here but it has left me cynical. Essentially the legal situation is in England Wales is someone can make an accusation and the defendant's name is over the papers. I can't but think of Ched Evans and his truncated career which was the subject of vitriol from people who think any accusation of sexual violence should be enough to cast you into the outer darkness for ever.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557873  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 5688

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Until you are found guilty in a court of law you are innocent. The only wierdos are people who think an accusation should be sufficient to end a career.

I didn’t say I think it should end a career I just find it a bit weird celebrating a sexual assault case falling apart because a witness bailed.


I am certainly not celebrating it. There are no winners in this case and there is no good outcome.

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557874  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

TOP GUN wrote:
Interesting to note martinellis new contract gives him 200k a week. They aren’t stupid then.

Wonder what saka is getting offered

I read £180k but what is £20k a week between friends. 4.5 year deal until summer 2027 with a club option of a further year.

Saka will surely be offered that as a minimum, but I'd be happy to make him our top earner at £250k per week and get him on a long term contract. If you tied Saka down to a 6 year deal then his transfer value would be £150m minimum in the current market.

Then we need to get Saliba sorted. I also heard that Arsenal are looking at getting Xhaka on a new deal as well. Here here!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557875  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

Partey is a slight doubt for the weekend. Could we see an earlier than expected debut for Jorginho?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557876  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

putting aside the game where we play Man City on feb 15th Arsenal play our next 4 league games before City play theirs, it is a great opportunity to put them under pressure.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557877  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 20603

Gunfire wrote:
socrates wrote:

It's a bit more than an accusation gunny, I assume you've seen the pictures and heard the recording?

Plus, he's not been found innocent in a court of law, it seems there was just not enough reliable evidence to proceed after key witnesses withdrew their statements or refused to cooperate.

If I was being cynical I'd suggest witnesses were encouraged to withdraw their testimony and the case collapsed. I hope that this isn't so because this has done nothing to encourage other women to come forward and the lady in question should be ashamed if it did happen and she has withdrawn here accusations to allow him to go free. She should be charged with perverting the course of justice.

Rumours abound that he's back together with his accuser. Missing the affluent lifestyle?

No idea what United do now, they are stuck between a rock and a hardplace. Whatever they do will be seen as wrong and alienate a section of their fans.

Back and playing he's a £50m+ asset and legally he's an innocent man but morally I would suggest it would be very difficult to have him play for United again.


Recordings and pictures are not evidence. Are you someone who believes everything on the internet? I don't. I believe unless it is tested in a court of law it is hearsay. Maybe there was a different context to the recording and the pictures. I have witnessed someone accusing a man of battery and it transpired she used her make up to make her face look bruised. I am not saying it happened here but it has left me cynical. Essentially the legal situation is in England Wales is someone can make an accusation and the defendant's name is over the papers. I can't but think of Ched Evans and his truncated career which was the subject of vitriol from people who think any accusation of sexual violence should be enough to cast you into the outer darkness for ever.


Think of all the mafia and gangland crimes which never get to court because of witness intimidation and witnesses electing not to testify. Doesn't mean they are innocent.

It appears in this case a key witness withdrew their involvement. If it was indeed his girlfriend who refuses to testify because she is back in a relationship with him, as has been suggested, then that is appalling.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557878  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 13487

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
I'd hope Utd take him back. He is innocent and we cannot mere allegations ruining people's lives.

Weirdo

The bloke is 100% guilty. I heard the audio his then girlfriend released. He is a *%^@*** scumbag and should never play again. If any man treated my daughter like he is heard clearly treating his girlfriend, then I would not be responsible for my actions.

It's so depressing how misogyny and abuse is excused so readily.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557879  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 26630

Arteta has won January manager of the month. It’s the 3rd time he’s won it this season from the 5 awards handed out


 Profile  
 
 
Post #557880  Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 2698
Location: Liverpool

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Weirdo

The bloke is 100% guilty. I heard the audio his then girlfriend released. He is a *%^@*** scumbag and should never play again. If any man treated my daughter like he is heard clearly treating his girlfriend, then I would not be responsible for my actions.

It's so depressing how misogyny and abuse is excused so readily.


If he did that to any of my daughters, kicking a football would be the least of his worries.

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 571483 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13944, 13945, 13946, 13947, 13948, 13949, 13950 ... 14288  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, Googlebot and 83 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018