Fixtures Saturday July 27 - Manchester United - Sofi Stadium - Friendly Match

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, Lincoln gooner, mcquilkie, warrior and 25 guests

Post #289081  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm 

Chelsea , spurs, man city liverpool and man utd.
All teams moving upwards with progressive managers who offer cause for optimism.
Then us. Complete and utter mess with a manager who is dragging us down and making us a laughing stock humiliation after humiliation.
Just so infuriating that wenger is hanging around like a bad smell.
He was magnificent....once .......brilliant but now he is a total shadow. Tactically incompetent. Unable to motivate the player.
Why cant he do the decent thing. Why won't he show his love for this great club and realise his time is up. Why wont our so called board do something and see the divisions this is going to create.
Makes me so angry.
Another 2 years of this shite.
God help us.

Post #289082  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm 

david.d wrote:
All teams moving upwards with progressive managers who offer cause for optimism.
Then us. Complete and utter mess with a manager who is dragging us down and making us a laughing stock humiliation after humiliation.
He was magnificent....once .......brilliant but now he is a total shadow. Tactically incompetent. Unable to motivate the player.
Why cant he do the decent thing. Why won't he show his love for this great club and realise his time is up. Why wont our so called board do something and see the divisions this is going to create.
Makes me so angry.
God help us.

Because (see my signature) he believes that 'he is right'. The clue was way back then. Stubborn, delusional and unprepared to listen to anyone else

Post #289083  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:08 pm 

I never want to see my team lose and would never wish it on them but I am happy to see us not make top four.

The only drawback is we might lose out on some top players but I've always preferred to see us develop youngsters rather than pay top dollar for anyone and especially not for the likes of Alexi, who imo is equally to blame for the way the team is currently playing.

Tomorrow will be a hard game and I'll be surprised if we win surprised but happy.

Post #289084  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:10 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
david.d wrote:
Makes me so angry.
God help us.

Because (see my signature) he believes that 'he is right'. The clue was way back then. Stubborn, delusional and unprepared to listen to anyone else

Hi LTG
Really sad where are now.
Completely at the whim of ONE man while he toys with this great great club....

Yes this is Arsene -l
I want ARSENAL back.

Post #289085  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm 

You can't blame Wenger for our demise.The supporters including those on this forum have been brain washed by social media and news outlets.

We only have ourselves to blame.

Post #289086  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
I never want to see my team lose and would never wish it on them but I am happy to see us not make top four.

The only drawback is we might lose out on some top players but I've always preferred to see us develop youngsters rather than pay top dollar for anyone and especially not for the likes of Alexi, who imo is equally to blame for the way the team is currently playing.

Tomorrow will be a hard game and I'll be surprised if we win surprised but happy.

It's all incidental until we can get someone to manage the club properly and to set up and prepare teams properly

Who the players are doesn't really come into it. He now has the ability to reduce players ability dramatically.

Post #289087  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 pm 

I wouldn't normally want my team to lose any match even a friendly but if it takes Us to lose the rest of the games including the cup for Wenger to walk then I would take it.

I Just don't see the board getting rid of him and even if they did they would still give him a role and he would still put his oar into everything.

No, the club need to get him out and away from anything to do with Arsenal F.C.

Post #289088  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:18 pm 

david.d wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Hi LTG
Really sad where are now.
Completely at the whim of ONE man while he toys with this great great club....

Yes this is Arsene -l
I want ARSENAL back.

Arsene is now worse than useless. But Kroenke is something else. He has ruined the club. It feels commercial, soulless and uncaring. For an organisation that now claims to be entirely commercial it is stunning just how lacking it is in even making a pretence of involving its customers. It feels like following a faceless multi-national. I am still struggling to come to terms that it has gotten to this point.

Post #289089  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:20 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
I wouldn't normally want my team to lose any match even a friendly but if it takes Us to lose the rest of the games including the cup for Wenger to walk then I would take it.

I Just don't see the board getting rid of him and even if they did they would still give him a role and he would still put his oar into everything.

All down to one man isn't it. He owns it all. It's his plaything

Post #289090  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:27 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

Evening LTG, the fans own this team just like every club in the country, not by owning the most shares but by putting their heart and soul into it, not one man whoever that maybe.

Post #289091  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:27 pm 

If Spurs winning the league meant that it gave Arsenal the proper rocket up the backside it needs what would everyone want?

I don't want there to be any excuse for wenger's failures. I thought we had that last season with Leicester but apparently not, as nothing has changed.

I would rather Chelsea won the league than Spurs but given the choice of Chelsea winning and Wenger staying or Spurs winning and Wenger leaving I'll take a Spurs title

Post #289092  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:31 pm 

I can't get myself to wishing The Arsenal lose for a greater good in getting rid of Wenger. I understand the feeling. Not judging it because when you reach the end of your rope, you hang someone.

I still maintain the larger good (or rather bad) is Kroenke. If we got rid of Wenger by some miracle, how do we know Kroenke won't try to 'have his cake and eat it too' by hiring someone who can work under the budget and win? How do we know the criteria he tells the search committee isn't 'Find another Wenger but the old Wenger'?

Kroenke is more concerned about missing out on top 4 than challenging for the title. Wenger had one job and one job only: make sure the gravy train continue.
If he's let go its because of that. Because of the risk of finishing continually outside the top 4 and by extension the demand for tickets and season tickets go with it.

The top of the table gets a little interesting. Hope to god Chelsea hold on. Mourinho may end up getting into the top 4. He has a trophy under his belt already. Conte will win the manager of the year award, but if Mourinho gets top 4 he has an argument he should be.

The 'Boro match seems inconsequential. I wonder how much fight the players have in themselves when they look at the table. They may adopt the 'what's the point?' mindset and only get up for the FA Cup. Sanchez has to be looking more seriously at other options.

Post #289093  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:31 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Mourinho prepared his squad excellently. Man Utd win this its, its game set match for us and top 4.

For some time now there hasn't been any point in us qualifying for the Champions League (other than from a commercial aspect) and this is even more the case right now. There was a time way back when the very idea of being in the European Cup (as was) was the stuff of dreams. And our early involvement in the Champions League was truly thrilling. All ancient history now. So tbh I am actually hoping that we miss out on Europe all together next season.

I think I'm right in saying that the money between champions league and Europa won't be much different depending where our likely finished would be in each comp. Liverpool got similar money is us from Europe last season I thought

Post #289094  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:32 pm 

The positivity , optimism and excitement that would sweep through the whole club and fanbase were someone like allegri to get the job should not be underestimated.
We can dream......

Post #289095  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:32 pm 

Really? Not much difference possibly?

Europa will be tougher on our league form next season with Thursday football. I think we can win it or at least get to the semi finals or a final.

Post #289096  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:38 pm 

Rich wrote:
If Spurs winning the league meant that it gave Arsenal the proper rocket up the backside it needs what would everyone want?

I don't want there to be any excuse for wenger's failures. I thought we had that last season with Leicester but apparently not, as nothing has changed.

I would rather Chelsea won the league than Spurs but given the choice of Chelsea winning and Wenger staying or Spurs winning and Wenger leaving I'll take a Spurs title

Spurs winning the league won't have any influence on Wenger staying. I don't think he'd get the sack if we were fighting a relegation battle next season. He'll go when he wants to. We have a bunch of yes men running the club and they answer to him.

Post #289097  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Evening LTG, the fans own this team just like every club in the country, not by owning the most shares but by putting their heart and soul into it, not one man whoever that maybe.

Er, I have to disagree. The fans don't own the club. And that's been demonstrated at a whole host of clubs in recent history. Blackburn, Hull, ....

Post #289098  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm 

I'm not defending Kroenke because I don't reall know a lot about him but I'm not aware that he has refused any transfer money to Wenger.
I could be wrong about that of course, Wenger spent more than £90 million last year and managed to make the team actually worse so let's get this *%^@*** numpty out first then worry about the other one.

Post #289099  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:40 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

I think we can win it or at least get to the semi finals or a final.

Not on our current trajectory. Something drastic needs to change

Post #289100  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:43 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

Er, I have to disagree. The fans don't own the club. And that's been demonstrated at a whole host of clubs in recent history. Blackburn, Hull, ....

Sorry I thought you were referring to Wenger who certainly doesn't own the club but the fans certainly get managers out the clubs.

Post #289101  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:06 pm 

Praying Man Utd at least doesn't end up in the top 4. Praying Liverpool and City fill out the top 4 if we can't be in it.

Post #289102  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm 

As I said the other day, we appear now to be facing the unwanted prospect of a double-whammy with us not qualifying for the CL and Wenger staying another two years.

We won't be able to attract the elite players in the summer, even if we were prepared to pay the transfer fee and associated wages, and we all know that there is no way Wenger will orchestrate the kind of massive clear-out required when he has basically signed all the players he needs to get rid of and it would be like admitting he was totally wrong.

It's all gone way too stale and needs freshening up totally from top to bottom. I just don't see how a man who has failed to address the glaring deficiences in the team during the last decade can suddenly change his philosophy.

Post #289103  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

I think we can win it or at least get to the semi finals or a final.

Not on our current trajectory. Something drastic needs to change

The pros and cons are its much easier to get to the later rounds as we would be playing weaker sides. Cons are a bit more. Do we have the heart for it? All our players are used to the CL. More matches are played I believe.

Post #289104  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 pm 

goonerguru wrote:
I'm not defending Kroenke because I don't reall know a lot about him but I'm not aware that he has refused any transfer money to Wenger.
I could be wrong about that of course, Wenger spent more than £90 million last year and managed to make the team actually worse so let's get this *%^@*** numpty out first then worry about the other one.

I agree we need to get rid of Wenger, goonerguru. But if Kroenke has offered Wenger a contract renewal, considering the state the club is in due to Wenger, I think that tells us everything we need to know about Kroenke.

Post #289105  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:45 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The top of the table gets a little interesting. Hope to god Chelsea hold on. Mourinho may end up getting into the top 4. He has a trophy under his belt already. Conte will win the manager of the year award, but if Mourinho gets top 4 he has an argument he should be.

Erm.....

Post #289106  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:49 pm 

Bernard wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

I agree we need to get rid of Wenger, goonerguru. But if Kroenke has offered Wenger a contract renewal, considering the state the club is in due to Wenger, I think that tells us everything we need to know about Kroenke.

AW will go eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later, but Kroenke won't be going anywhere unless he can be hit in the pocket affecting the only thing that concerns him.

Unfortunately it's the season ticket holders only that can help us. If all refuse to renew and a lot of noise is made about it hopefully he will panic and take action.

If he doesn't the st holders will have saved a packet and a once solid family club will be shown up for what it has become. In the meantime the rest can help by cancelling their tv subscriptions to all the sports channels something I will definitely do if AW is in charge next year.

Post #289107  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:52 pm 

Bernard wrote:
goonerguru wrote:

I think we will get a better understanding of how Kroenke operates when Wenger goes. I suspect (and hope) that the current obfuscation around Wenger's contract is because the board is split on it. The rumour is that Gazidis wants him to go. We will know soon enough.

Post #289108  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:21 pm 

goonerguru wrote:

This is where I arrived at a couple of months back after the Munich second half and have wanted us to lose every game since ( as I've said before it wasn't really a conscious decision it's just happened that way ) the alarming thing is having met and spoken to a lot of fans over the past couple of months I'm increasingly finding more and more others like This too.

The protests have scaled back last couple of games , unfortunately the West Ham March didn't get the numbers , probably because we didn't organise it until the Sunday night after the city game , the 13 minute thing had a bit of success although we know a lot of it was a combination of late arrivals and no shows too. Problem is getting people to do things in the ground, we have a couple of ideas going forward for up and coming games , we're thinking United is our best chance of getting the crowd to turn , if the team oblige of course.

Palace had some 'Wenger out' paper planes ready to have launched but the combination of the lack of takers going in and the crap set up of the away section at selhurst pk meant that the lads who went didn't get it going. Fortunately the performance and crowd reaction made up for it, but as I said we need to get this at a home game . But things are looking up we've launched a new fundraising page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-butler-1 as we closed the first one as we had to release money to pay the guys who had fronted for the plane , billboards etc . A committed WOB with deep pockets has promised to match what is pledged every week ( he's already given £500) so starting from the semi some big stuff is planned.

So keep the faith!!!

Post #289109  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:26 pm 

The one game we won't protest at is at WHL for obvious reasons , although we figure their lot will do it for us with the AWWWYTS song anyway.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen this pic yet, seems like their gearing up for it. surely any Arsenal fan still defending Wenger needs to hang their head in shame

Attachments:

Post #289110  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm 

Oh the banner lads did a little tourist jaunt around central London yesterday, a bit of fun although it's amazing how some fans still feel embarrassed by this stuff but not as embarrassed by what Wenger, the club and the players are doing.

Here's a selection of where they went there were loads more posted on twitter too

Attachments:

Post #289111  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:30 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:

AW will go eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later, but Kroenke won't be going anywhere unless he can be hit in the pocket affecting the only thing that concerns him.

Unfortunately it's the season ticket holders only that can help us. If all refuse to renew and a lot of noise is made about it hopefully he will panic and take action.

I don't think we need to go that far. If the season ticket holders turned up and were vocal and chanted for arsenes head that would surely do it.

We reached a new milestone at palace with the away fans chanting "Wenger out" .... if that starts to happen at home then surely the board would have to act.

Post #289112  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:44 pm 

Of course one of the things that is helping me get Arsenal out of my system after 50 odd years ( I'm still hoping it is a temporary condition although if Wenger stays it may prove harder to come back to the fold in time) is the wonderful distraction of my local club who can effectively seal promotion tomorrow with a win over Wigan, we shall be at the Amex to hopefully see them do it ( the GD Is 30 odd in our favour so it is done), it's exactly 20 years since the Albion got a last day 1-1 at Hereford to stay in the football league in the same year the club lost the goldstone ground and faced a precarious future. It's highly probable that had the gone out of the league that day they would have folded. speaking to friends/ fans it's an emotional day tomorrow ( or subsequent game if they go up then) and even though I'm only on 'loan' from Arsenal as a fan , like daz with Brentford I'm caught up in the community spirit and can't help but feel pride in the clubs achievement.

Even more weird in this strange time is my affection for a wonderful manager who happens to be a Spurs legend of 13 odd years . What was it Tony Adams once said about a "weird science"?

Post #289113  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I don't think we need to go that far. If the season ticket holders turned up and were vocal and chanted for arsenes head that would surely do it.

We reached a new milestone at palace with the away fans chanting "Wenger out" .... if that starts to happen at home then surely the board would have to act.

First para - they won't.

Second para - they won't.

and on and on it goes. Kroenke needs to feel it in his pocket or nothing will change.

Post #289114  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

This is it direct action at home is ultimately the best way, we can pull off stunts and do the marches to keep it in the news , but we need the numbers to increase and turn

It's Now two months since a core of us launched the protest idea and the club and Wenger's behaviour since has been appalling , anyone one out there who wants Wenger gone must join us , if you can't for geographical reasons then please do the social media protests .

Post #289115  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:57 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

First para - they won't.

Second para - they won't.

and on and on it goes. Kroenke needs to feel it in his pocket or nothing will change.

One of the plans we have coming up will hopefully start hitting kroenke's pocket but hush on that for now

And as I said we're targeting Man U to get the crowd to turn

Post #289116  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

This is it direct action at home is ultimately the best way, we can pull off stunts and do the marches to keep it in the news , but we need the numbers to increase and turn

It's Now two months since a core of us launched the protest idea and the club and Wenger's behaviour since has been appalling , anyone one out there who wants Wenger gone must join us , if you can't for geographical reasons then please do the social media protests .

Surely the next time we take a bad result at home the chanting will start again like at palace. Then that should do it.

I'm at Wembley next week but won't be attending any more home games until the contract situation is clear then if he signs I'm done, absolutely done and won't be attending any more matches, spending money on home kits for my boys, giving any money to the club what so ever. It's not the club we all once knew, Wenger and kroenke ripped it's soul out.

Post #289117  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:19 pm 

dec wrote:
I think we will get a better understanding of how Kroenke operates when Wenger goes. I suspect (and hope) that the current obfuscation around Wenger's contract is because the board is split on it. The rumour is that Gazidis wants him to go. We will know soon enough.

I'm not going to reveal who it is, but I've known of one director who has wanted Wenger our for quite some while - a matter of years. As you suggest, the strong rumours are that Gazidis has now come to that conclusion also. Kevin Whitcher, editor of The Gooner, has named another. So if Kevin's right about his one, that's three of them.

Post #289118  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 pm 

Wow. Our run-in is an absolute nightmare. 5 away, only 3 at home.

Midd (A), Leic (A), Tott (A), Man U (H), Stoke (A), Everton (H), Southampton (A), Sund (H)

On current form we could lose three or four of those games. Infact, the only one I'd be confident of winning is Sunderland at home.

Post #289119  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm 

dec wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Erm.....

Only AG and mourinho might think he should be manager of the year. The best managerial performance of the year imo, taking into account squads, money spent, and overall finances is the bloke who will keep Hull City up. At the start of the season absolute basket case with no money, players or hope.

Post #289120  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:53 pm 

For any of the people who still think Wenger can change look at the quote at the bottom of my post which was back in 2010. Point to the changes you have made AW

[ 391425 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7225, 7226, 7227, 7228, 7229, 7230, 7231 ... 9786  Next