Fixtures Wednesday April 24th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:45 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries         POLL: What position will Arsenal finish in ?            Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bernard, bromley gooner, Darren, david.d, gooner7, Goonie, Gunfire, lomekian, Niall, socrates, warrior and 37 guests

 
Post #503281  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Interesting to see the stick and struggles Jorginho is taking/having at the moment. Teams are shutting down any passing in to him and Chelsea struggle. Jorginho excelled in a high pressing Napoli team where he probably had a bit more time and space to dictate play with metronomic passing. It feels that with so many high pressing teams that the ideal deep lying midfielder almost needs the attributes of a tricky winger - good in tight areas, dribble past the press, direct etc

Really wish we could have had a few more years of seeing Cazorla in this position


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503282  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

We’re being linked with Grimaldo the benfica left back. He’s been on some top teams radar before but not made the move. 23 years old, cane through the Barca youth system. 5 goals and 5 assists this season, top level experience and champions league experience with Benfica. On the face of it he ticks all the boxes - this is the sort of signing we should be targeting


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503283  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2870
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

socrates wrote:
How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


Where did that figure come from?

Could it be that that is what he's costing them with a substantial part of that figure making up the fact that there was no initial outlay?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503284  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 891
Location: Salisbury

TOP GUN wrote:
Now Marcotti suggesting Ramsey is only on 250k a week which sounds more plausible.


Yes, the £400K sounds like just taking his wage and adding in all the 'huge' signing-on fee that comes with bosman transfers then diving it up over the duration of the contract, slightly misleading to call it £400K a week but it suits making a big headline story (and possibly a PR agenda for a club beginning with A).

Whateva...

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503285  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10153

bubblechris wrote:
socrates wrote:
How can Aaron Ramsey be earning 400k a week?

It just shows the ridiculous farce that football now is. I mean he's a decent player but I'm not even sure he's good enough to be anything more than a squad player at Juve.


Where did that figure come from?

Could it be that that is what he's costing them with a substantial part of that figure making up the fact that there was no initial outlay?

David Ornstein at bbc who usually gets his info from the club.

I think recently the club have been giving incorrect figures out to make it look like it was impossible for us to keep some of these players when we screwed up the contract.

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503286  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Saw this stat

Biggest overperformance in Expected Goals
Spurs +13.6 goals

Biggest overperformance in Expected Goals Against
Spurs -6.6


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503287  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 6821

socrates wrote:
I now have serious doubts over Emery. Notwithtanding the obvious injury issues (which Wenger suffered with just as much) his team selections and tactics, man management and game management have not impressed me at all. Our defence is worse than it was under Wenger and our style of play is less easy on the eye. He was like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived but he seems to have lost his way.

I firmly disagree that our style of play is less easy on the eye now. We do get the ball forward more quickly these days, even if it isn't as quickly as would be ideal. Hence I see that as more entertaining than the even slower build up dross we saw in Wenger's last years.

Regarding the defence, you may disagree but I think we're missing Mertesacker. I presume you saw that research I did which proved we conceded fewer goals when he played, and when he and Koscielny were together our defensive record was sometimes favouribly comparable to other top teams. I recall you once said that we've had defensive problems for many years. I showed that wasn't the case. Our defensive frailties took off when Mertesacker stopped playing either through injury or retirement.

As I pointed out before, we need to remember that our greater defensive solidarity with Mertesacker came despite not having a defensive midfielder of Torreira's quality. Some may claim without any defensive midfielder at all, let alone one at Torreira's level. In short, I believe the balance of evidence supports my view that we miss Mertesacker's organisational abilities. If he was still playing, my money would be on us not conceding as many goals as has been the case.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503288  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8651

Rich wrote:
Interesting to see the stick and struggles Jorginho is taking/having at the moment. Teams are shutting down any passing in to him and Chelsea struggle. Jorginho excelled in a high pressing Napoli team where he probably had a bit more time and space to dictate play with metronomic passing. It feels that with so many high pressing teams that the ideal deep lying midfielder almost needs the attributes of a tricky winger - good in tight areas, dribble past the press, direct etc

Really wish we could have had a few more years of seeing Cazorla in this position


Chelsea did themselves no favours dismantling their title-winning squad with sales of Matic and Costa (plus John Terry finally leaving). Hope they lose Hazard soon.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503289  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8651

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
I now have serious doubts over Emery. Notwithtanding the obvious injury issues (which Wenger suffered with just as much) his team selections and tactics, man management and game management have not impressed me at all. Our defence is worse than it was under Wenger and our style of play is less easy on the eye. He was like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived but he seems to have lost his way.

I firmly disagree that our style of play is less easy on the eye now. We do get the ball forward more quickly these days, even if it isn't as quickly as would be ideal. Hence I see that as more entertaining than the even slower build up dross we saw in Wenger's last years.

Regarding the defence, you may disagree but I think we're missing Mertesacker. I presume you saw that research I did which proved we conceded fewer goals when he played, and when he and Koscielny were together our defensive record was sometimes favouribly comparable to other top teams. I recall you once said that we've had defensive problems for many years. I showed that wasn't the case. Our defensive frailties took off when Mertesacker stopped playing either through injury or retirement.

As I pointed out before, we need to remember that our greater defensive solidarity with Mertesacker came despite not having a defensive midfielder of Torreira's quality. Some may claim without any defensive midfielder at all, let alone one at Torreira's level. In short, I believe the balance of evidence supports my view that we miss Mertesacker's organisational abilities. If he was still playing, my money would be on us not conceding as many goals as has been the case.


Mertesacker was also a leader on and off the pitch... we have very good players but lacking strong personalities to drive the team towards challenging for honours.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503290  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Goonie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Interesting to see the stick and struggles Jorginho is taking/having at the moment. Teams are shutting down any passing in to him and Chelsea struggle. Jorginho excelled in a high pressing Napoli team where he probably had a bit more time and space to dictate play with metronomic passing. It feels that with so many high pressing teams that the ideal deep lying midfielder almost needs the attributes of a tricky winger - good in tight areas, dribble past the press, direct etc

Really wish we could have had a few more years of seeing Cazorla in this position


Chelsea did themselves no favours dismantling their title-winning squad with sales of Matic and Costa (plus John Terry finally leaving). Hope they lose Hazard soon.

I think they got ok money for Matic, I suppose they thought they were spending the money on a younger upgrade in Jorginho - which after seeing him at Napoli and seeing Matic struggle at Man U seemed the right move.
One of chelsea’s big mistakes this year has been playing their two best players, kante and hazard, in not their natural positions.
And they should have bitten Barca’s hand off when they were offering £50m plus Malcom for Willian!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503291  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 6821

Goonie wrote:
Mertesacker was also a leader on and off the pitch... we have very good players but lacking strong personalities to drive the team towards challenging for honours.

I firmly agree with you here. Look, I'm not going to claim Mertesacker was as strong a leader as Adams or McLintock. But he was far more of a leader than any of our current players who have had the armband this season.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503292  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10153

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
I now have serious doubts over Emery. Notwithtanding the obvious injury issues (which Wenger suffered with just as much) his team selections and tactics, man management and game management have not impressed me at all. Our defence is worse than it was under Wenger and our style of play is less easy on the eye. He was like a breath of fresh air when he first arrived but he seems to have lost his way.

I firmly disagree that our style of play is less easy on the eye now. We do get the ball forward more quickly these days, even if it isn't as quickly as would be ideal. Hence I see that as more entertaining than the even slower build up dross we saw in Wenger's last years.



I think over the last few games Bernard our football hasn’t been as good. I would suggest prior to the injuries hitting and our change in formation our football was hugely improved from last season.

Attacking with pace, almost zero dithering on the ball. Pressing and working far harder. It was just much better and anyone suggesting it wasn’t isnt correct.

It’s just over the last few games with no Özil or Ramsey we don’t appear to be able to control a midfield anymore and look less assured in possession. I think the injuries have taken a toll, the formation changed hasn’t helped and energy levels are diminished as players take on more and more games.

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503293  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Townsville Australia

RIP Gordon Banks

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503294  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:17 am
Posts: 1252

Rich wrote:
We’re being linked with Grimaldo the benfica left back. He’s been on some top teams radar before but not made the move. 23 years old, cane through the Barca youth system. 5 goals and 5 assists this season, top level experience and champions league experience with Benfica. On the face of it he ticks all the boxes - this is the sort of signing we should be targeting

A cross between Grimandi and Ronaldo... can't wait!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503295  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 27479

:9surprise:
I've been asked recently overseas, what made the country change (from the Obama days). I think the country got exposed.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503296  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 27479

Hoping but not expecting PSG to derail the Man Utd train. As I said before, interesting quandary the Man Utd management have in the summer perhaps. Do they continue with OGS if he maintains the current form (allowing for losses obviously for the pedants) or do they go for yet another big name manager such as Allegri (if they can pry him loose from The Old Lady) or Zindane or someone else?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503297  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8651

TOP GUN wrote:
It’s just over the last few games with no Özil or Ramsey we don’t appear to be able to control a midfield anymore and look less assured in possession.


Is that a compliment for Ramsey? :1laughter:

I think Suarez will do enough for Emery to make his move permanent and hopefully the club can sell Özil for a reasonable price since he's not in Emery's plans.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503298  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10153

AmericanGooner wrote:
:9surprise:
I've been asked recently overseas, what made the country change (from the Obama days). I think the country got exposed.

Exactly the same as Brexit.

Trump and Brexit voters enabled racism and you have weird militant alt right types everywhere now sharing misinformation, encouraging hatred and all sorts.

You have james Goddard and his militant yellow vest racists all round Westminster screaming at people at the moment if they don’t look “British” enough.

Shameful

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503299  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10153

Goonie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
It’s just over the last few games with no Özil or Ramsey we don’t appear to be able to control a midfield anymore and look less assured in possession.


Is that a compliment for Ramsey? :1laughter:

I think Suarez will do enough for Emery to make his move permanent and hopefully the club can sell Özil for a reasonable price since he's not in Emery's plans.


I’ve never said he’s a bad player just very inconsistent. He’s scored decent goals but only reached double figures in a season twice. For me I think he goes down as a great signing, I’ll always be thankful but I’d always say he was way too inconsistent, unable to dominate big games and probably wouldn’t have got much game time if he was at another top 4 club

If you were to give me the option of signing in their prime one of Cesc, Ramsey, Nasri or Cazorla. Then Ramsey would be my last choice if I’m honest and judging it on footballing ability.

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503300  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

With managers generally staying at clubs for 3 years or less now it is vitally important that the guys who hire and fire the managers establish a club philosophy. Otherwise you end up with different managers signing different players and none of them fit with the new man. Man U lost it after Fergie by employing drastically different managers with different philosophies.
At arsenal my view is the philosophy should be:
Dedication to fast passed attacking football
Vested interest in scouting and purchasing the worlds most promising up and coming young players
Developing our own internal youth players with the realisation that most wont make it but can be given a fantastic football education and sold for a good profit
Transfer targets should have pace and power


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503301  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7044

Rich wrote:
With managers generally staying at clubs for 3 years or less now it is vitally important that the guys who hire and fire the managers establish a club philosophy. Otherwise you end up with different managers signing different players and none of them fit with the new man. Man U lost it after Fergie by employing drastically different managers with different philosophies.
At arsenal my view is the philosophy should be:
Dedication to fast passed attacking football
Vested interest in scouting and purchasing the worlds most promising up and coming young players
Developing our own internal youth players with the realisation that most wont make it but can be given a fantastic football education and sold for a good profit
Transfer targets should have pace and power

In fairness, Rich, 99% of clubs want that. There's only a handful of clubs who can chase the superstars.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503302  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21372

Bad news developing. Looks like Man U are going to have no European distractions in their bid to finish above us.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503303  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7044

long time gooner wrote:
Bad news developing. Looks like Man U are going to have no European distractions in their bid to finish above us.

I'm enjoying it. I can hear the sound of a bubble bursting.

And this without Neymar and Cavani.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503304  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21372

dec wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Bad news developing. Looks like Man U are going to have no European distractions in their bid to finish above us.

I'm enjoying it. I can hear the sound of a bubble bursting.

And this without Neymar and Cavani.

It is fun to watch. That’s for sure. May well end the hopes of OGS longer term.

But I would like them to have a congested calendar.

Oddly they seemed to fall apart as soon as Sanchez came on, but that’s probably just coincidence.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503305  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 21372

Bye bye Pogba.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503306  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7044

long time gooner wrote:
dec wrote:
I'm enjoying it. I can hear the sound of a bubble bursting.

And this without Neymar and Cavani.

It is fun to watch. That’s for sure. May well end the hopes of OGS longer term.

But I would like them to have a congested calendar.

Oddly they seemed to fall apart as soon as Sanchez came on, but that’s probably just coincidence.

PSG were better throughout but really lifted it for about 15 mins in the 2nd half and looked miles ahead of Man U. Sanchez is a shadow of the player that lit up our side 2 years ago.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503307  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:
With managers generally staying at clubs for 3 years or less now it is vitally important that the guys who hire and fire the managers establish a club philosophy. Otherwise you end up with different managers signing different players and none of them fit with the new man. Man U lost it after Fergie by employing drastically different managers with different philosophies.
At arsenal my view is the philosophy should be:
Dedication to fast passed attacking football
Vested interest in scouting and purchasing the worlds most promising up and coming young players
Developing our own internal youth players with the realisation that most wont make it but can be given a fantastic football education and sold for a good profit
Transfer targets should have pace and power

In fairness, Rich, 99% of clubs want that. There's only a handful of clubs who can chase the superstars.

My point is that we don’t seem to have that identity at the moment. If we ignore the super rich who can make moves for ready made stars then there are plenty of clubs with a clear identity, maybe we’re just struggling with the transition but I don’t see any of this in place yet.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503308  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

dec wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
It is fun to watch. That’s for sure. May well end the hopes of OGS longer term.

But I would like them to have a congested calendar.

Oddly they seemed to fall apart as soon as Sanchez came on, but that’s probably just coincidence.

PSG were better throughout but really lifted it for about 15 mins in the 2nd half and looked miles ahead of Man U. Sanchez is a shadow of the player that lit up our side 2 years ago.

All the more frustrating that we should have taken £60m for him when we had the chance. It would have been the deal of the year considering his form, and a deal that was pretty damn good considering the corner we backed ourself in to


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503309  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Singapore

Bernard wrote:
Goonie wrote:
Mertesacker was also a leader on and off the pitch... we have very good players but lacking strong personalities to drive the team towards challenging for honours.

I firmly agree with you here. Look, I'm not going to claim Mertesacker was as strong a leader as Adams or McLintock. But he was far more of a leader than any of our current players who have had the armband this season.


I agree Per was a better Captain than any others we currently have.

_________________
Time for Emery to right the wrongs


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503310  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 12713

dec wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Bad news developing. Looks like Man U are going to have no European distractions in their bid to finish above us.

I'm enjoying it. I can hear the sound of a bubble bursting.

And this without Neymar and Cavani.

They were always going to be a bit too many for United, even if they had to scrape the barrel and use the likes of Draxler and di Maria ...

I agree with LTG that they will probably take this one on the chin and it'll improve their chances of getting 4th.

But it is highly enjoyable none the less. It would be lovely to see a full strength PSG absolutely massacre them in the return leg, mind you. Mbappe is a bit special.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503311  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Apparently Arsenal are commissioning another statue and are letting the fans choose from a shortlist - sounds good so far. The shortlist is
1. Ramsey's celebration to beat Hull in the FA cup final
2. Giroud's scorpion kick
3. Walcott and Mertesacker's 'bump' celebration

That is a bit of a sad choice of 3. Considering we have statues of Henry, Bergkamp, Adams and Chapman. I realise some are in action from great moments but not trophy winning moments but they are all in the top 5 or so Arsenal players of all time.

If that is the choice of 3 I'd rather we didn't do one. Or if it is just about great moments rather than great players do one of Thomas flicking the ball past Grobbelar


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503312  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Imagine what could have been if Wenger had managed to persuade Mbappe to sign for us for £100k before he signed his pro contract with Monaco........he probably wouldn't still be with us but we'd be £150m richer


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503313  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12905

Rich wrote:
Apparently Arsenal are commissioning another statue and are letting the fans choose from a shortlist - sounds good so far. The shortlist is
1. Ramsey's celebration to beat Hull in the FA cup final
2. Giroud's scorpion kick
3. Walcott and Mertesacker's 'bump' celebration

It’s a wind up Rich. I know the bloke who put out the original tweet. He’s winding everyone up.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503314  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1201

Darren wrote:
Rich wrote:
Apparently Arsenal are commissioning another statue and are letting the fans choose from a shortlist - sounds good so far. The shortlist is
1. Ramsey's celebration to beat Hull in the FA cup final
2. Giroud's scorpion kick
3. Walcott and Mertesacker's 'bump' celebration

It’s a wind up Rich. I know the bloke who put out the original tweet. He’s winding everyone up.

maybe a statue of Silent Stan rubbing his hands together with a big grin on his face


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503315  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 2451

Rich wrote:
Imagine what could have been if Wenger had managed to persuade Mbappe to sign for us for £100k before he signed his pro contract with Monaco........he probably wouldn't still be with us but we'd be £150m richer


Or more likely we would have let him run down his contract and watch him leave for free


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503316  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14319

Darren wrote:
Rich wrote:
Apparently Arsenal are commissioning another statue and are letting the fans choose from a shortlist - sounds good so far. The shortlist is
1. Ramsey's celebration to beat Hull in the FA cup final
2. Giroud's scorpion kick
3. Walcott and Mertesacker's 'bump' celebration

It’s a wind up Rich. I know the bloke who put out the original tweet. He’s winding everyone up.

Phew


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503317  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 891
Location: Salisbury

tomc wrote:

maybe a statue of Silent Stan rubbing his hands together with a big grin on his face


That would certainly be more in line with our 'values' as a club, sorry corporation.

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503318  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 am
Posts: 6

Goonermen, lend me your ears!

Thursday night football
No leader on the pitch
Özil and Ramsey disrupting
Champions League qualification vital
4th place more likely than EL win
Happy Valentine's Day



Thank you for taking the time
Greeny

_________________
Thank you for taking the time
Greeny


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503319  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 6821

Greeny wrote:
Goonermen, lend me your ears!

Thursday night football
No leader on the pitch
Özil and Ramsey disrupting
Champions League qualification vital
4th place more likely than EL win
Happy Valentine's Day

Thank you for taking the time
Greeny

I actually think winning the Europa League is more likely than a top four place. Why don't you?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #503320  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 6457

Have to admire Özil - not often I'd say this but he's played a blinder. Stared them out over his contract and Arse blinked first. They should've known. All those 'backaches' and 'sicknesses', not to mention the phoned-in performances.

He's lost interest in football. Just in it for the money now and doesn't seem to care whether he plays or not. Best of luck moving on that sort of player.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 505226 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12580, 12581, 12582, 12583, 12584, 12585, 12586 ... 12631  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Bernard, bromley gooner, Darren, david.d, gooner7, Goonie, Gunfire, lomekian, Niall, socrates, warrior and 37 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018