Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 280 guests

Post #541321  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Tomiyasu has withdrawn from the Japan squad & will not feature in their friendly against Ecuador on Tuesday due to ‘club circumstances’, suggesting that Arsenal requested his leave from the national team.

Strange one. Very strange considering that other players are not being released from their international squads. Wonder what’s behind it?

The transfer window has closed so it can’t have anything to do with him wanting to leave or Arsenal wanting to sell. So why?

Post #541322  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:45 am 

dec wrote:
Just reading up on it and the minimum period for return to play after concussion is 6 days. He obviously wouldn't be able to train for a few days either, so he might very well be a doubt for the Tottenham game.

I don't like that 'minimum'.

Post #541323  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:32 pm 

Who thought of Orange and Black as an Irish strip?

Post #541324  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:39 pm 

Decaf wrote:
dec wrote:
Just reading up on it and the minimum period for return to play after concussion is 6 days. He obviously wouldn't be able to train for a few days either, so he might very well be a doubt for the Tottenham game.

Wouldn’t be worried about it. I imagine they had to pick a number of days and chose six as a minimum. The Tottenham game is in seven days from the incident.

Post #541325  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:57 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

It's not the first time they've worn it but it looks weird. That blue kit they had against Qatar was bizarre too.

Post #541326  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:29 pm 

dec wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

It's not the first time they've worn it but it looks weird. That blue kit they had against Qatar was bizarre too.

I can see no reason why the shorts would have been green. It would have looked ok. But Black? And that strip against Qatar was very weird.

Post #541327  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Wouldn’t be worried about it. I imagine they had to pick a number of days and chose six as a minimum. The Tottenham game is in seven days from the incident.

I hope so. I don't fancy facing Spurs sans Partey.

Post #541328  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:09 am 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I hope so. I don't fancy facing Spurs sans Partey.

You’re getting confused. The number of days recovery refers to concussion as possibly incurred by Tierney. Partey injuring himself warming up is another story.

Post #541329  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:58 am 

dec wrote:
Tierney gone off with concussion in the Scotland v Ireland game.

No doubt ..head butted by Willie John or kicked in the bollocks by Tony O'Reilly .
Be Jasus ; I've followed the underhand misadventures of the doity Oirish pl**cks since 1959 .

Post #541330  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:24 am 

kiwipete wrote:
dec wrote:
Tierney gone off with concussion in the Scotland v Ireland game.

No doubt ..head butted by Willie John or kicked in the bollocks by Tony O'Reilly .
Be Jasus ; I've followed the underhand misadventures of the doity Oirish pl**cks since 1959 .

:sign19:

Ok, on behalf of those interested, I'll ask:

What's a pl**ck??

Post #541331  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:16 am 

john1 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

What's a pl**ck??

Good question, john. You could additionally ask, who the pl**ck are Willie John and Tony O'Reilly?

Post #541332  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:14 am 

We’ve wrecked our economy so that middle aged white people could have a moment to display their xenophobia’s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-63031372

Post #541333  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:20 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
We’ve wrecked our economy so that middle aged white people could have a moment to display their xenophobia’s

Not quite. That's an effect.

The cause is the likes of Crispin Odey and other shadowy figures in the financial world. This is the real reason for Brexit. The xenophobia was the tool they exploited to win the vote.

Post #541334  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The cause is the likes of Crispin Odey and other shadowy figures in the financial world. This is the real reason for Brexit. The xenophobia was the tool they exploited to win the vote.

When does the realisation happen when they understand this thing will eat through everything we have and they can’t lie about it anymore ?

Economic growth, our currency and even the construct of the UK. It destroys it all.

It’s become so tiresome reading about the damage we are doing to ourselves.

Post #541335  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:38 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

When does the realisation happen when they understand this thing will eat through everything we have and they can’t lie about it anymore ?

Economic growth, our currency and even the construct of the UK. It destroys it all.

We're not the ones doing the damage.

But voting Tory at the next election will mean you are responsible for letting them get away with it.

Post #541336  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:43 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

We're not the ones doing the damage.

But voting Tory at the next election will mean you are responsible for letting them get away with it.

When Truss is re elected in 2 years it will be the strangest feeling. A nation unable to help itself move forward. Totally controlled by the media and bought politicians

Post #541337  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 am 

Or maybe a lot of people have made a democratic decision to support her over Starmer?

Post #541338  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:58 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Or maybe a lot of people have made a democratic decision to support her over Starmer?

Nope

Doesn’t work that way in the UK.

They have a word with Murdoch and rothermere who then do their bidding for them and direct their publications to smear any opponent. A country that doesn’t know its being manipulated. How can there be so much public disdain for Meghan Markle despite her never saying a word. The press. Alters public opinion. Far less democracy than many think

Post #541339  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:01 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

Not sure that will happen. Tory voters I know aren't happy.

Post #541340  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:03 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
When Truss is re elected in 2 years it will be the strangest feeling. A nation unable to help itself move forward. Totally controlled by the media and bought politicians

Nope

Doesn’t work that way in the UK.

They have a word with Murdoch and rothermere who then do their bidding for them and direct their publications to smear any opponent. A country that doesn’t know its being manipulated. How can there be so much public disdain for Meghan Markle despite her never saying a word. The press. Alters public opinion. Far less democracy than many think[/quote]

And don't forget the insidious effect of the likes of Cambridge Analytica. Takes manipulation of individuals to a whole new level.

And that, however people vote, is not good for any democracy.

Post #541341  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:04 pm 

john1 wrote:

It’ll happen trust me.

The press will bail them out with a coordinated smear campaign. They’ll retain their base.

Nothing changes the public opinion so much crap is forced down it’s throat.

Post #541342  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:21 pm 

… now letters of no confidence going in. Yet the thickos who thought this was a good idea won’t admit it’s a disaster

Post #541343  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:28 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
john1 wrote:

What's a pl**ck??

Good question, john. You could additionally ask, who the pl**ck are Willie John and Tony O'Reilly?

Obviously for the plonking neanderthals of the world ... who have never heard of Floyd Patterson , Joe Di Maggio , Mahatma Ghandi , Vic Seixas , Edmund Hillary , Alan Turing , Jackie Robinson ..... what can I say ...dim dumb derelict .

Willie John obviously was the greatest rugby lock Ireland is ever likely to produce

.... he king hit Colin Meads [ the All Blacks best ever ] in one game ; Meads went down ; Wilson Whineray All Black captain at the time said to Meads "" FFS don't show him you''re hurt "

Next lineout about five All Blacks punched Mc Bride , he got carried off on a stretcher .

Tony O Reilly was probably one of the best rugby wings ever ...strong , fast ...became CEO of I think Kellogs or some monster multi corporation .

Post #541344  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:50 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

The only test will be when a GE is called. No one has had a chance to vote for either as PM yet.

Besides, I have this nagging feeling Boris may well be back in charge of the Tories by next year.

Post #541345  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:51 pm 

john1 wrote:

Why not stop playing Billy Big Balls with Russia .... negotiate a peace settlement ...get them to turn back on gas , oil , uranium , food , grain . fertiliser , palladium chromium etc .

Post #541346  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
… now letters of no confidence going in. Yet the thickos who thought this was a good idea won’t admit it’s a disaster

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. Insider dealing much???? Brexit was forged on exactly the same principle. A few elites making money from our hardship and the financial turmoil.

This stuff will be taught in history classes one day.

Post #541347  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:56 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. Insider dealing much???? Brexit was forged on exactly the same principle. A few elites making money from our hardship and the financial turmoil.

This stuff will be taught in history classes one day.

It's naked corruption imo. They're not even trying to hide it any more.

Post #541348  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:02 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

Why not stop playing Billy Big Balls with Russia .... negotiate a peace settlement ...get them to turn back on gas , oil , uranium , food , grain . fertiliser , palladium chromium etc .

Because they will ask for a chunk of the Ukraine in exchange :laughing7:

Is it not blatantly obvious.

Can’t negotiate with that bloke Pete

Post #541349  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. day.

And who was he married to ? A murdoch

It’s a cabal

Post #541350  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

Because if you give him an inch.........?

And if it works for him, what'll stop China into Taiwan, North into South Korea, etc.? Oh, and Australia into NZ??

Post #541351  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:17 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

Obviously for the plonking neanderthals of the world ... who have never heard of Floyd Patterson , Joe Di Maggio , Mahatma Ghandi , Vic Seixas , Edmund Hillary , Alan Turing , Jackie Robinson ..... what can I say ...dim dumb derelict .

Willie John obviously was the greatest rugby lock Ireland is ever likely to produce

.... he king hit Colin Meads [ the All Blacks best ever ] in one game ; Meads went down ; Wilson Whineray All Black captain at the time said to Meads "" FFS don't show him you''re hurt "

Next lineout about five All Blacks punched Mc Bride , he got carried off on a stretcher .

Tony O Reilly was probably one of the best rugby wings ever ...strong , fast ...became CEO of I think Kellogs or some monster multi corporation .

All well and good, Pete boy, but you didn't answer my question. Pay attention now. :icon_mrgreen:

What's a pl**ck??

Post #541352  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Of course he [ Putin ] will ask for a big chunk of Ukraine Little Top Gun ... but what is the alternative ...?

I'll say this kindly ; The West f***& up badly , they thought Russia was a glorified gas station masquerading as a country GDP the same as Leichtenstein .

Turns out they've got a damn side more clout than you [ UK ] bargained for .

Donbass Kherson Luhansk Donetsk regions are all Russian speakers ; they want to be Russian and like it or not that's the way it is going to roll .

Ursala , Liz , Olaf , Macron , Biden , Blinken , Jans can bluster all they like but they wont get those regions back .

Ask Napolean and Hitler what it's like to have a skirmish with Russia

Post #541353  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:39 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Of course he [ Putin ] will ask for a big chunk of Ukraine Little Top Gun ... but what is the alternative ...?

I'll say this kindly ; The West f***& up badly , they thought Russia was a glorified gas station masquerading as a country GDP the same as Leichtenstein .

Donbass Kherson Luhansk Donetsk regions are all Russian speakers ; they want to be Russian and like it or not that's the way it is going to roll .

Ursala , Liz , Olaf , Macron , Biden , Blinken , Jans can bluster all they like but they wont get those regions back .

And if he asks for a chunk of NZ what part will you give him then ?

The mistake is thinking the west can affect this stuff, they can’t. He’s doing it anyway and it’s amazing the way he gets these countries to look inward rather than at his behaviour.

Btw I wouldn’t bet on Russia holding those positions. Ukraine have surprised many and are about to get another 2 billion in weapons arriving

Post #541354  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:
So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. day.

And who was he married to ? A murdoch

It’s a cabal

Didn't know that. Yes, it's a carve up.

Post #541355  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

The mistake is thinking the west can affect this stuff, they can’t. He’s doing it anyway and it’s amazing the way he gets these countries to look inward rather than at his behaviour.

Btw I wouldn’t bet on Russia holding those positions. Ukraine have surprised many and are about to get another 2 billion in weapons arriving

The biggest challenge to Putin will come from within. His people will turn on him sooner rather than later.

Post #541356  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:48 pm 

john1 wrote:
All well and good, Pete boy, but you didn't answer my question. Pay attention now. :icon_mrgreen:

What's a pl**ck??

Okay so I'm paying attention Johnny Boy .... this was supposed to be a little interchange between myself and the little Irishman Dec ...hopefully he has a few more clues than you and that half witted domiciled Awstralian plonker Mc Q .

If he's at a loss to what I'm talking about so be it .

Next door neighbour to my son went into a old peoples home [ dementia ] ... dementia's relatives cleaning out the house ; offered my son a ton of gear . Tools tables chairs etc .
Son says to me .."" do you drink wine "" I give him my best Lee van Cleef flinty eyed squint ..... are you kidding ... is it liquid / alcoholic ?

I inherit twenty bottles ; dates back to 1968 , expressly bottled for Alan W Johson ......trying to get the cork out ; Mqama Mia what a mission .

Hold on a sec .... put a 10mm bit into my 18volt De Walt battery drill ....BLAAAT ...bored straight the cork . Take that you SOB

Decant through a little tea strainer ...done and dusted

Post #541357  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:50 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The biggest challenge to Putin will come from within. His people will turn on him sooner rather than later.

Ha ha ha ...you believe that Darren ...you'll also subscribe to the Tooth Fairy

Post #541358  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:57 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Darren wrote:

You’re determined to make a *%^@ of yourself about this one aren’t you Pete

Post #541359  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

??? ...why on earth is he going to ask for a chunk of NZ .

Ukraine have surprised no one ; they are getting smashed ...cannon fodder . Russians control the air , have infinetly more tanks ; firepower .
Mobilising another 300,000 troops they will steam roll the Ukrainians . Forget the BS stories about demonstrations , Russians fleeing the country not wanting to serve .

Sadly the Ukranians are pawns ; when the dust has settled that little clown in the green T shirt will retire to Knightsbridge or Miami live on the pigs back after wrecking his country .

Post #541360  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

You’re determined to make a *%^@ of yourself about this one aren’t you Pete

:58big-emoticons: Not at all Big Guy .

I'm always bemused by these short nasty little quips you resort to when a few facts short circuit your viewpoint

Putin has about an 85% approval rating ; Russians realise the West hates them ; seizing of Russian yachts , property , freezing bank assetts , travel bans , no fly zones cancelling Mer card

That is not to say he wont get assassinated/ sidelined in some CIA inspired Lumumba , Mossadegh , Allende , Hussein Ghaddafi , Norieaga , Guevera , Solameini Bin Ladan type plot

[ 560837 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13531, 13532, 13533, 13534, 13535, 13536, 13537 ... 14021  Next