Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Lincoln gooner and 45 guests

Post #423401  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:24 am 

Darren wrote:
Seems like Utd are going all in for Martinez now. The Ten Haag link may prove key. Would be a shame to miss out on two of our reported top three targets after all the hype of the last week or so.

That’s why I’m so dismissive of transfer gossip. My advice remains, wait until signings are confirmed on Arsenal.com before getting too excited. While I accept the photos of Edu and Jesus make it likely he’ll join (assuming they’re genuine and recent), it isn’t impossible that the medical could find a surprise problem or issue with him.

Post #423402  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 am 

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:
Seems like Utd are going all in for Martinez now. The Ten Haag link may prove key. Would be a shame to miss out on two of our reported top three targets after all the hype of the last week or so.

That’s why I’m so dismissive of transfer gossip. My advice remains, wait until signings are confirmed on Arsenal.com before getting too excited. While I accept the photos of Edu and Jesus make it likely he’ll join (assuming they’re genuine and recent), it isn’t impossible that the medical could find a surprise problem or issue with him.

I read it was all done and 100% ok with only the announcement to come. I honestly think sometimes the delays can be due to getting all the social media content ready to go. Working in this area myself these days you shouldn't underestimate how much work is needed to create and edit the little animated announcement videos or the videos of the signing, player being shown around the training ground etc. It would take a good full working day to produce some of this stuff.

Post #423403  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:09 am 

Yeah, the Jesus deal is done, it's just that Arsenal are notoriously slow with official announcements of new signings. Several sources have reported the medical is done, and the deal is 100% signed. Don't think that's one we need to worry about.

Post #423404  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:25 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:
Are you better paying £65m for Raphina or say £40m for a younger emerging talent + £25m for Tielemans. That's what you have to weigh up, especially where funds are not unlimited.

Exactly this. We can obviously afford £65m, but the question is what impact it would have on our other targets for the summer. Another issue is that Chelsea are reportedly willing to pay most of the £65m up front - with the amount of money we seem willing to spend it this summer we will probably have to be creative with the way we structure those deals in terms of add-ons, paying in installments etc.

Makes you wonder how Chelsea are balancing their priorities, they could go for £65m Raphinha and Sterling (£50m??) and yet their most pressing needs are CB. They’ve lost Rudiger and Christensen and Azpilicueta is a player I think is in sharp decline. Alonso wants out and Chilwell is coming off a very serious injury. They have Havertz and Werner as their two strikers having binned off Lukaku on loan. Their attacking midfield positions might just be the positions least in need of investment to an outsider.

Post #423405  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:28 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Yeah, the Jesus deal is done, it's just that Arsenal are notoriously slow with official announcements of new signings. Several sources have reported the medical is done, and the deal is 100% signed. Don't think that's one we need to worry about.

Jess was pictured at London Colney getting out of a car and being hugged and greeted by Edu. It’s definitely done.

Getting a striker in was No.1 priority this window.

I’d echo those who want some more physicality in central midfield. That would have been my 2nd priority this window. Full back cover would be priority 3.

After those 3 positions it would be wingers/attacking mids.

The window is very early. If we’re bidding £50m for a versatile winger we certainly view it as a priority

Post #423406  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:10 pm 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Exactly this. We can obviously afford £65m, but the question is what impact it would have on our other targets for the summer. Another issue is that Chelsea are reportedly willing to pay most of the £65m up front - with the amount of money we seem willing to spend it this summer we will probably have to be creative with the way we structure those deals in terms of add-ons, paying in installments etc.

Makes you wonder how Chelsea are balancing their priorities, they could go for £65m Raphinha and Sterling (£50m??) and yet their most pressing needs are CB. They’ve lost Rudiger and Christensen and Azpilicueta is a player I think is in sharp decline. Alonso wants out and Chilwell is coming off a very serious injury. They have Havertz and Werner as their two strikers having binned off Lukaku on loan. Their attacking midfield positions might just be the positions least in need of investment to an outsider.

Possibly their approach is to stop us getting much stronger.

Post #423407  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:12 pm 

Raphinha on picking Chelsea: I think they [Arsenal] has an exciting wingers in Saka & Martinelli which i don't see myself competing or starting over them, I want to make it to the world cup so i picked them bc i would get much game time playing for the 2nd best club in London.

Really? Is this true?

Post #423408  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:29 pm 

3rd bid made for Martinez. Man U are linked and would be a genuine threat given Ten Hag was his last boss, but Man U have just had a bid accepted for a left back. But maybe they can give Martinez more assurances on game time whereas for us he might be 1st choice back up in 2-3 positions

Post #423409  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:34 pm 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Jess was pictured at London Colney getting out of a car and being hugged and greeted by Edu. It’s definitely done.

Wasn’t the picture of him being hugged and greeted by Edu taken when he arrived for his medical? Apart from the football fitness stuff, the medical will also include a full blood count. That will cover everything that can possibly be checked by a blood test. As soon as that’s done, it will inevitably take a while before the results are known which I’ve little doubt will coincide with the social media stuff being prepared which Darren mentioned.

It’s possibly about a one in a million (perhaps more) chance, but if the blood test found he had something like early stage leukaemia, there’s no chance Arsenal would go through with the signing. It is still too early to say it’s definitely done. It will be confirmed on Arsenal.com once the social media stuff has been done AND the outcome of the medical, including the blood test results, are known.

Extremely or massively likely - yes. Definitely done? Not quite.

Post #423410  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:35 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Raphinha on picking Chelsea: I think they [Arsenal] has an exciting wingers in Saka & Martinelli which i don't see myself competing or starting over them, I want to make it to the world cup so i picked them bc i would get much game time playing for the 2nd best club in London.

Really? Is this true?

:14laughter:

Blatantly made up quote. He’s not even signed yet

Post #423411  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:42 pm 

Uh oh

News breaking that Gabriel Jesus move has fell through because club doctors diagnosed Human papillomavirus infection (HPV). He will now have to go back to city.

This just isn’t our week. Not sure what happens now.

Post #423412  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 pm 

Top Gun having a joke one assumes.

Post #423413  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:56 pm 

Rich wrote:
3rd bid made for Martinez. Man U are linked and would be a genuine threat given Ten Hag was his last boss, but Man U have just had a bid accepted for a left back. But maybe they can give Martinez more assurances on game time whereas for us he might be 1st choice back up in 2-3 positions

He is not a left back though. Who knows what type of formation Man Utd will employ next season? Ajax were very attack-focused but quite exposed at the back. It remains to be seen whether or not Ten Hag will set Man U up the same way. I'd say one of his main priorities will be to find a centre-back partnership that works.

Post #423414  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:01 pm 

I read a piece on spending to stand still. It is relevant to spurs and Chelsea and to some extent Liverpool. Spurs have two loan players they need to spend £75m to make the deals permanent this year or the next. Chelsea have lost two CB for free and Liverpool have had to double the money they received for Mané to try to replicate what he gives them.

Save for Lacazette we’re in a position to hopefully just push on from last year without having to take any backwards or sideways steps/spend

Post #423415  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Uh oh

News breaking that Gabriel Jesus move has fell through because club doctors diagnosed Human papillomavirus infection (HPV). He will now have to go back to city.

I presume you are having us on, because all I get when I google is variants "Jesus healed me of the clap"

Post #423416  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:56 pm 

If this is anything to go by, more the highest bidder and player choice obviously.

https://theathletic.com/news/raphinha-c ... WdbbuZc1q/

Post #423417  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:06 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Uh oh

I presume you are having us on, because all I get when I google is variants "Jesus healed me of the clap"

serious unfortunately.

Isn’t it highly infectious ? If he used the toilet or facilities he could have passed this to Edu or other staff. Our bad luck is incredible

Post #423418  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
serious unfortunately.

Isn’t it highly infectious ? If he used the toilet or facilities he could have passed this to Edu or other staff. Our bad luck is incredible

Post #423419  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:29 pm 

Few of us told by an ex share holder earlier. It’s not public. Media hasn’t caught on yet as the City PR team are working out how to dress it up.

Post #423420  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Few of us told by an ex share holder earlier. It’s not public. Media hasn’t caught on yet as the City PR team are working out how to dress it up.

I’m hoping that this is not true. Fingers crossed.

If it is true then it won’t be a secret for very long.

Post #423421  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:10 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It is true unfortunately

Need to keep searching on Google for “Jesus has caught HPV”

Post #423422  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:26 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He's winding you up ltg.

Post #423423  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:32 pm 

socrates wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

He's winding you up ltg.

:36angers:

Not !

Post #423424  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

It is true unfortunately

Ok
Top of list are:

"Jesus healed me of HPV"
(in our case, the worry is that the opposite would happen)

Then
"HPV Vaccine Decision-Making and Acceptance"
"Jesus Christ: His Person, His Message, His Credentials by HPV Nunn"

And of course

"Why Didn't Pence Do the Christian Thing?"

Even throwing 'Arsenal' into the mix doesn't help. Trump would be pleased to know that UVC light is part of the arsenal of treatments to prevent nosocomial infections.

Post #423425  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:44 pm 

And it keeps going....

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 09067.html

Post #423426  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:59 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It is true unfortunately

Ok
Top of list are:

"Jesus healed me of HPV"

Then

And of course

Even throwing 'Arsenal' into the mix doesn't help. Trump would be pleased to know that UVC light is part of the arsenal of treatments to prevent nosocomial infections.

I didn’t say the results would bring anything yet. I can only find this amongst other nonsense

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/8504938 ... he-genital

Post #423427  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:05 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Ok
Top of list are:

"Jesus healed me of HPV"

Then

And of course

I didn’t say the results would bring anything yet. I can only find this amongst other nonsense

£87.25 seems a bit steep!

Post #423428  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Does seem overpriced you can split the cost into 3 instalments though it says

Post #423429  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 pm 

I imagine most everyone has seen the Arsenal All or Nothing trailer recently.

Post #423430  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

This may tempt some forumites (not sure that it cures warts, however):

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/9547838 ... =related-6

Post #423431  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I had no idea these existed.

"If you build it, they will come."

Post #423432  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:12 pm 

R Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison for sex trafficking women and girls

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-30/ ... /101195544

Post #423433  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:09 pm 

warrior wrote:
R Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison for sex trafficking women and girls

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-30/ ... /101195544

Was waiting for that chip to fall and it did.

Kelly has this to also contend with.

Keep in mind, Kelly is still facing another federal case out of Illinois, plus a state trial in Minnesota.

Post #423434  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:09 pm 

Zed wrote:
I imagine most everyone has seen the Arsenal All or Nothing trailer recently.

Must admit I haven’t yet. Any good?

Post #423435  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:10 am 

My father was a boxing fan. Some of the best moments as very small boy I had was watching fights on tv with my dad. He was animated, yelling at the tv, cheering, jeering, and my brothers and I ate it up. He was a huge fan of Ali. I thought he was always a fan of Ali but my mother admitted that both he and her were cheering big for Patterson when they fought. My dad was a Deacon at our church. Ali was a moslem, Patterson a Christian. Simple as that for my dad. My mom thought Patterson was handsome, that's the extent of it. Just like she thought Ingemar Johansson was. She chose her favorite boxers by their beauty...lol.

I liked Ali because he was iconic. He may or may not be the greatest heavyweight fighter ever but he is the greatest heavyweight, boxer in general, if that makes any sense.

'I went to New York to win the championship. I wouldn't have gone if I did not think I could win. I was confident. But Ali beat me at my own game.
He did the same thing to Liston. Williams, another big puncher, Ali knocked him out in short order. Terrell, the great jabber, what happened to him? He got outjabbed. And Patterson, the guy with superspeed hands, couldn't match Ali and just stood around and got punched to pieces.
The right hands Ali hit me with just had no business landing—but they did. They came from nowhere. Many times he was in the wrong position but he hit me anyway. Blatt! and the punch connected. I've never seen anyone who could do that. The knockdown punch was so fast that I never saw it.
He has lots of snap, and when the punches land they dizzy your head; they fuzz up your mind. The first time I went down, I wasn't hurt, but I didn't know what had happened.
Suddenly I became aware of the noise and then I saw Ali standing over me, and I figured I was down. So I wheeled around to look at my corner, to find out the count. I kept thinking, was that a right hand he hit me with? So what did he do but hit me with the same punch again in the seventh round and knock me out. I can't believe it, but that's what he did.
He's smart. The trickiest fighter I've seen. He's had 29 fights and acts like he's had a hundred. He could write the book on boxing, and anyone that fights him should be made to read it first.
I did things to Ali that have never been done before. He missed more punches and landed fewer than with all of those other guys he's been in with. I also cut the ring on him, reduced it so consistently that he chose to stand and fight. He's a safety-first fighter, no matter how foolish he looks. And I made him fight. That could have been my worst mistake, making him fight.
I hurt him to the body, but he's tough. You can tell from the way he's put together that he's got pride. The man's a real fighter. Look at the way he acts out of the ring and you can see that. In the ring the guy doesn't show when he's been hurt. Not even the smallest sign, the way most fighters do. He beat me good, but he didn't beat me bad.
There's just no way to train yourself for what he does: the moves, the speed, the punches and the way he changes style every time you think you got him figured. Wendell Newton, my sparring partner, jumped around and he was awkward, but he wasn't Ali. Ali is something else.
I fought middleweights, even smaller men and they weren't as fast. This guy has a style all of his own. It's far ahead of any fighter's around today, so how could those oldtime fighters, you know, Dempsey, Tunney or any of them keep up? Louis wouldn't have a chance—he was too slow. Marciano couldn't get to him, and he would never get away from Ali's jab.
The only one who would have a good chance was Ezzard Charles, a real fast heavyweight who was smart and was perhaps the best combination puncher of them all.'
- Zora Folley

Attachments:

Post #423436  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:50 am 

Do you think they are waiting until 1 July to announce Jesus. There may be something in his current contract about yearly bonuses.

Post #423437  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:11 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Do you think they are waiting until 1 July to announce Jesus. There may be something in his current contract about yearly bonuses.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I was reading somewhere he has HPV.

Post #423438  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:14 am 

Spurs close to signing Lenglet on loan from Barca and also Richarlison, I’d be intrigued by the fee for Richarlison - I reckon it will be close to £60m. I know a few spurs fans who are not happy with that.

Post #423439  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 am 

warrior wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I was reading somewhere he has HPV.

Yes I read that post as well. But then I remembered the admission by that same person on 7 March 2022 -'just ignore everything I say'. The most coherent post he has ever made. I commend that post to you.

I'll wait until after 1 July 2022, then may get a little more worried.

Post #423440  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:56 am 

Richarlison having a medical at Spurs, £50m plus £10m in add ons

So that’s
Richarlison £50/60m
Bissouma £25m
Romero £40m loan made permanent
Kulesevski £35m loan made permanent (possibly delayed another year)
Perisic free but big wages no doubt
Foster free

Busy window for spurs. Very much a Conte ‘must win now’ window

[ 446758 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10583, 10584, 10585, 10586, 10587, 10588, 10589 ... 11169  Next