Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, mcquilkie and 301 guests

Post #451121  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:49 am 

Henry Winter tweeting
Widespread frustration over inconsistent VAR implementation and need to raise refereeing standards. @premierleague refs incompetent at times, knackered mentally and physically post-pandemic and restricted by PGMOL's timid and naive leadership but their mistakes are honest ones.

Henry is one of the more level headed journalists out there. Interesting to read the comments below his tweet, a huge number of them moan about ‘big 6 bias’. I can see that every club will think they get bad decisions, what would
Be a more interesting way of looking at the fans’ perceptions would be to instead of asking them what decisions have gone against their side in their opinion would be to pick a team in the league and ask if they had any really bad ones against them in that game. Since the start of this season I’ve kept a note of what I consider to be bad decisions in our games, I’ve got 16 decisions, of those 6 in our favour, I tried to be as objectionable as possible, trying to apply the rule that I’d want that if it was the other way round, but sometimes I’m just relying on MOTD or extended highlights who usually show anything they consider controversial. I know many will laugh at the idea of me trying to be objectionable on Arsenal misdemeanours but will put up my list later

Post #451122  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:08 am 

warrior wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Afraid not. I clicked on your link but it wouldn’t open. Same thing happened the last time I tried to open a link you had posted, if my memory serves.

Hey Bernard.

TG's links are working ok. Are you using a popup blocker at all maybe ?
The links open in a new tab/window so your popup blocker/ad blocker may be stopping them.

You can either allow popups for this site or you might be able to right click the link and copy it, then paste it into the address bar.

Hi Rog. Thanks but I must admit I’ve no idea if I have a pop up blocker. I don’t even know what a pop up blocker is. I have no interest in IT and to be honest would rather get training on how to make pastry than how to work computers or my iPhone. I’m only as able to use them to the limited extent I do because people have stood over me to show me what to do.

Post #451123  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 am 

Rich wrote:
Henry Winter tweeting
Widespread frustration over inconsistent VAR implementation and need to raise refereeing standards. @premierleague refs incompetent at times, knackered mentally and physically post-pandemic and restricted by PGMOL's timid and naive leadership but their mistakes are honest ones.

Henry is one of the more level headed journalists out there. Interesting to read the comments below his tweet, a huge number of them moan about ‘big 6 bias’. I can see that every club will think they get bad decisions, what would
Be a more interesting way of looking at the fans’ perceptions would be to instead of asking them what decisions have gone against their side in their opinion would be to pick a team in the league and ask if they had any really bad ones against them in that game. Since the start of this season I’ve kept a note of what I consider to be bad decisions in our games, I’ve got 16 decisions, of those 6 in our favour, I tried to be as objectionable as possible, trying to apply the rule that I’d want that if it was the other way round, but sometimes I’m just relying on MOTD or extended highlights who usually show anything they consider controversial. I know many will laugh at the idea of me trying to be objectionable on Arsenal misdemeanours but will put up my list later

I've always found your posts to be very polite, Rich, so good luck with trying to be objectionable.

Post #451124  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:02 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Henry Winter tweeting

I've always found your posts to be very polite, Rich, so good luck with trying to be objectionable.

Objective….. :sign19:

Post #451125  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:12 am 

16 big incorrect decisions in Arsenal games this season.

Brentford (a) Arm wrapped around Leno for 2nd goal not given as a foul
City (a). Laporte hand to the face of Chambers in the face for the 2nd goal not given as a foul in var check
Spurs (h). Possible penalty not given for a foul by White on Kane on the line of the penalty area
Palace (h). McArthur really should have been sent off for his kick on Saka, only booked
Leicester (a). Evans could have been sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity for the foul on Aubameyang. He was only booked
Watford (h) potential foul in the build up to the Smith Rowe goal AMN blocking their player
Newcastle (h) Ødegaard holding on to a Newcastle player from a corner, penalty not given
Martinelli barged in the face as shooting late on could have been a penalty
Man U (a). Maguire holding back Tomiyasu by the arm from a set piece could have been a penalty
Everton (a) Godfrey stamp to Tomiyasu face not given as a red
West Ham (h) penalty and red card for Coufal fouling Lacazette. Moyes had no complaints but some ex refs have said it shouldn’t have been given
**Leeds (a) xhaka foul on Raphina - only out in here because people will remember it. Should have been a yellow but I don’t think it’s enough for a red. Not a game changing decision
Man City (h) Ødegaard fouled by Ederson, viewed by VAR as no penalty
Forest (a) FA Cup. White has his shirt pulled in the area. Could have been a penalty
**Liverpool (h) League Cup. Partey 2nd yellow could have been a straight red
Burnley (h) Westwood should have been sent off, either for a straight red or for a 2nd yellow card

The two I’ve put ** against: one I think was a yellow not a red, and the other people may argue was a straight red but he was sent off anyway so has no effect on that game.
Take out those 2 and it’s 10 against 4 for.

Do your worst…..**takes cover**

Post #451126  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:31 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Two dumb arses ...... Bobby Fischer had 188
And he went crackers! Did you follow Carlsen's title defence against Nepo?

Post #451127  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:44 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

I know someone who is well over 150 & like many people with really high IQs is socially challenged.

Post #451128  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 am 

Rich wrote:

Don't disagree with most of those. I think Xhaka should've been sent off against Leeds, but if I'm not mistaken we were up 3-0 at the time and there's no way we would've dropped points even with 10 men in that game. It also means Xhaka should've missed the games against Sunderland, Norwich and Man City, and only Norwich was a league win where you might argue the result could've been different had we been without him (I personally think we could've beaten them comfortably without Xhaka, but that's obviously just speculation).

That's what grinds me about the missed call on Kane against Liverpool. It was a nailed on red, which would've seen Tottenham play with ten men for 70 minutes - very possible that Liverpool wins that game if that's the case. Kane should've also missed the games against West Ham in the league cup, and also Crystal Palace and Southampton in the league. Two games where Kane scored that might've gone down differently with Tottenham missing him, so that's possibly five points they could've missed out on.

Post #451129  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:46 am 

Rich wrote:

City (a). Laporte hand to the face of Chambers in the face for the 2nd goal not given as a foul in var check
Spurs (h). Possible penalty not given for a foul by White on Kane on the line of the penalty area
Palace (h). McArthur really should have been sent off for his kick on Saka, only booked
Leicester (a). Evans could have been sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity for the foul on Aubameyang. He was only booked
Watford (h) potential foul in the build up to the Smith Rowe goal AMN blocking their player
Newcastle (h) Ødegaard holding on to a Newcastle player from a corner, penalty not given
Man U (a). Maguire holding back Tomiyasu by the arm from a set piece could have been a penalty
West Ham (h) penalty and red card for Coufal fouling Lacazette. Moyes had no complaints but some ex refs have said it shouldn’t have been given
**Leeds (a) xhaka foul on Raphina - only out in here because people will remember it. Should have been a yellow but I don’t think it’s enough for a red. Not a game changing decision
Forest (a) FA Cup. White has his shirt pulled in the area. Could have been a penalty
Burnley (h) Westwood should have been sent off, either for a straight red or for a 2nd yellow card

The two I’ve put ** against: one I think was a yellow not a red, and the other people may argue was a straight red but he was sent off anyway so has no effect on that game.

wow oh wow

Post #451130  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:18 am 

Rich wrote:

A brilliantly comprehensive list, Rich. I'd love for someone a bit more unbiased than us to assess it. Erm ... anyone know anyone unbiased?

Post #451131  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:39 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
A brilliantly comprehensive list, Rich. I'd love for someone a bit more unbiased than us to assess it. Erm ... anyone know anyone unbiased?

Surely head of referees Mike Riley should qualify..... :angel9:

Post #451132  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:43 am 

Struggling to see where the immediate obvious value is with any of the strikers supposedly available/attainable is
Vlahovic, Isak, Watkins, DLC, David, Schick....

Post #451133  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:59 am 

I think what would great for a club is they could find someone from the supporters who they could hire. Someone who lives, dies, breathes the club. That would have to be Rich if I had to pick one. Fair minded, no drama, just Arsenal.

The one thing I liked about watching the Sunderland documentary is that the employees were local and loved the club. From the workers close to the seat of power down to the person cleaning the locker room. I imagine we have similar employees but we live in a large metropolitan city with many clubs and people who answered an advert for a job possibly and didn't know us from Adam.

In smaller cities that have 1 club I have to assume they are all fans.

Post #451134  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I think what would great for a club is they could find someone from the supporters who they could hire. Someone who lives, dies, breathes the club. That would have to be Rich if I had to pick one. Fair minded, no drama, just Arsenal.

The one thing I liked about watching the Sunderland documentary is that the employees were local and loved the club. From the workers close to the seat of power down to the person cleaning the locker room. I imagine we have similar employees but we live in a large metropolitan city with many clubs and people who answered an advert for a job possibly and didn't know us from Adam.

In smaller cities that have 1 club I have to assume they are all fans.

Very flattered but quite humbly I'm sure I have nothing to offer Arsenal that they don't already have and hire hundreds of people far, far more qualified and brilliant at what they do that some armchair fan with a grand masterplan for what Arsenal should be doing each day! If Arsenal hired me in any capacity and paid me the same I'm paid in my current job and gave me a full time role I'd pretty quickly be fired as being well out of my depth!
Doesn't stop me enjoying talking and analysing everything I can about Arsenal and wider football in general, but for now this can just be for the forum!

Post #451135  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:16 pm 

Of all the strikers on our radar or rumoured to be on our radar the easiest deal to do is Isak simply because the player has a £75m release clause. Perhaps we'll trigger it in the last hours of the window to take us off another Spanish club's Xmas card list.
From what I've seen of Isak he's quite different to Vlahovic. Isak looks like a skillfull dribbler, Vlahovic more an all round good goal-scorer.

Post #451136  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:27 pm 

Rich wrote:

I am quite certain fans of the opposing clubs would routinely give different views because, like you, they will be hopelessly biased. Supporters of one of the clubs is not where I would look for rational opinions on refereeing decisions. I once told you about The Gooner previously running articles on the views expressed on online forums of teams we were playing. Years ago there was a game against Manchester City when you had been crucifying the referee for giving decisions in City’s favour.

The next Gooner came out not too long after the game, so I still remembered your reaction to that referee. The Gooner outlined what the City fans were saying about him, because they felt every decision he gave favoured us. They thought he was either an Arsenal season ticket holder or hated City for some other reason like being a United fan.

It is worth remembering that judgements on referees are subjective, just like many of the decisions they make.

The fact that you’re even bothering to keep lists of refereeing decisions probably doesn’t surprise me, but I think may be explained by you getting something out of moaning about them. I doubt it’s pleasure. Possibly a relief of frustrations?

From your list, I can’t remember most of them, if any of them. For one example, you say at Leicester, Evans could have been sent off but was only booked? We won the game anyway. Who cares? Well, you obviously do, which is the rationale for my suspicion you get something out of moaning about refereeing decisions, and of course VAR.

You’re clearly an intelligent man and I honestly respect many of your opinions on Arsenal. But when it comes to referees, I think you go grossly over the top. I know you won’t follow my advice here, and why should you? But if I was you I would watch Arsenal matches when you don’t have access to your computer, smartphone, or whatever else you use to post here.

Post #451137  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:57 pm 

Rich wrote:
Of all the strikers on our radar or rumoured to be on our radar the easiest deal to do is Isak simply because the player has a £75m release clause. Perhaps we'll trigger it in the last hours of the window to take us off another Spanish club's Xmas card list.
From what I've seen of Isak he's quite different to Vlahovic. Isak looks like a skillfull dribbler, Vlahovic more an all round good goal-scorer.

Even more money than Vlahovic. I can’t see that either. That transfer fee would be pretty crazy I have to say.

I wonder why Aubameyang didn’t want to live in Saudi Arabia. The wimp

Post #451138  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:10 pm 

FabrizioRomano
on Vlahovic: "#Arsenal have tried in every way to complete the deal in January. Never rule out surprises in the last week, even though its a very complicated negotiation"

Post #451139  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:24 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I am quite certain fans of the opposing clubs would routinely give different views because, like you, they will be hopelessly biased. Supporters of one of the clubs is not where I would look for rational opinions on refereeing decisions. I once told you about The Gooner previously running articles on the views expressed on online forums of teams we were playing. Years ago there was a game against Manchester City when you had been crucifying the referee for giving decisions in City’s favour.

The next Gooner came out not too long after the game, so I still remembered your reaction to that referee. The Gooner outlined what the City fans were saying about him, because they felt every decision he gave favoured us. They thought he was either an Arsenal season ticket holder or hated City for some other reason like being a United fan.

It is worth remembering that judgements on referees are subjective, just like many of the decisions they make.

The fact that you’re even bothering to keep lists of refereeing decisions probably doesn’t surprise me, but I think may be explained by you getting something out of moaning about them. I doubt it’s pleasure. Possibly a relief of frustrations?

From your list, I can’t remember most of them, if any of them. For one example, you say at Leicester, Evans could have been sent off but was only booked? We won the game anyway. Who cares? Well, you obviously do, which is the rationale for my suspicion you get something out of moaning about refereeing decisions, and of course VAR.

You’re clearly an intelligent man and I honestly respect many of your opinions on Arsenal. But when it comes to referees, I think you go grossly over the top. I know you won’t follow my advice here, and why should you? But if I was you I would watch Arsenal matches when you don’t have access to your computer, smartphone, or whatever else you use to post here.

Hi Bernard, I take on board all your thoughts and comments and in many cases I suspect you are entirely right in my rationale and frustrations with referees.
I always enjoy reading your posts and responses to my posts and think many of us on here will become entrenched in our views on any footballing subject - perhaps my New Year resolution should be to take a step back from the areas of football that annoy and frustrate me and try to be more objective.
I did think a few people would find it funny that I kept a list.....Part of my reason for keeping this list, and really trying to be as subjective as possible after the event (and my initial in game outburst) was to see if it does feel like we bad decisions - or as I've more come round to feel, not that we get bad decisions but we don't 'get away' with decisions that other routinely do.
On the Evans one, I think if you are going to keep a list of bad decisions then you have to include them all irrespective if we feel they affect the final result. If you only complain about the ref in games you lose it sort of undermines the argument.

We're never going to have referees at the level that satisfies fans as they'll always disagree with decisions. One thing I think would make a big difference is that when the ref and the var ref are debating a decision that we can hear them much like rugby. I think if fans heard the rationale behind the decision we'd have a better understanding of the rules and the job refs do - we probably still wouldn't agree but still.
In that respect this guy is quite a good follow on twitter as he dissects the controversial decisions from the weekend with respect to the rules and what the officials are looking for.
https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN

Post #451140  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm 

All the strikers we've been linked with carry a certain amount of risk - they will all cost a lot, are young, and haven't proven themselves at the top level in the way Aubameyang had for example. I think Vlahovic has the most interesting skillset with his combination of physical strength, technique and goalscoring, but there's a lot to like about Isak as well; physically he's not far off from Valhovic (taller, but a little slimmer built), he's fast and a great dribbler. He hasn't scored much this season but last year he had 17 goals in La Liga as a 21-year old. And his favourite player is Thierry Henry.

The thing that makes me the most hesitant about Vlahovic are the rumours of his entourage with an agent demanding big money in addition to the transfer fee. Doesn't give the best vibes. From what I've seen Isak has a good head on his shoulders, and seems like the type of character Arteta likes to work with.

Post #451141  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
All the strikers we've been linked with carry a certain amount of risk - they will all cost a lot, are young, and haven't proven themselves at the top level in the way Aubameyang had for example. I think Vlahovic has the most interesting skillset with his combination of physical strength, technique and goalscoring, but there's a lot to like about Isak as well; physically he's not far off from Valhovic (taller, but a little slimmer built), he's fast and a great dribbler. He hasn't scored much this season but last year he had 17 goals in La Liga as a 21-year old. And his favourite player is Thierry Henry.

The thing that makes me the most hesitant about Vlahovic are the rumours of his entourage with an agent demanding big money in addition to the transfer fee. Doesn't give the best vibes. From what I've seen Isak has a good head on his shoulders, and seems like the type of character Arteta likes to work with.

Sounds rather too much like Anelka and his brothers.

Post #451142  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:17 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

Hi Haz,

Can't see Vlahovic happening at all. Too many snouts in the trough and he will probably have more attractive offers in the summer (playing-wise).

Isak is an interesting one. Fast and skilful but looks more like a winger striker than the conventional CF. Not necessarily a bad thing and could be amazing, after all we struggle to break teams down and his pace and dribbling ability might be exactly what we need. He looked amazing in the euros. Paying his buy-out clause would be a massive gamble, though, and one we couldn't really afford to get wrong.

Post #451143  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:14 pm 

Ciao Claudio Ranieri or sacked as they say.

Post #451144  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:18 pm 

We could do worse that look at maybe prising Wout Weghorst away from Wolfsburg. At least we'd have someone to aim for and he is a poacher as well.

Post #451145  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hi Haz,

Can't see Vlahovic happening at all. Too many snouts in the trough and he will probably have more attractive offers in the summer (playing-wise).

Isak is an interesting one. Fast and skilful but looks more like a winger striker than the conventional CF. Not necessarily a bad thing and could be amazing, after all we struggle to break teams down and his pace and dribbling ability might be exactly what we need. He looked amazing in the euros. Paying his buy-out clause would be a massive gamble, though, and one we couldn't really afford to get wrong.

I don’t think we’ll get Vlahovic either. But I hope we do because purely from what I’ve heard of him, he sounds much closer to the type of forward we need than the others I’ve seen described.

How much of a gamble is Isak’s buy out clause though, which we can’t afford to get wrong? After all, we spent £72m on Pépé and will lose much of it when he moves on. Meanwhile, the Kroenke’s are still apparently spending money.

Post #451146  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:35 pm 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
Hi Haz,

I don’t think we’ll get Vlahovic either. But I hope we do because purely from what I’ve heard of him, he sounds much closer to the type of forward we need than the others I’ve seen described.

How much of a gamble is Isak’s buy out clause though, which we can’t afford to get wrong? After all, we spent £72m on Pépé and will lose much of it when he moves on. Meanwhile, the Kroenke’s are still apparently spending money.

You are right, of course, Bernard. If the Kroenke's are prepared to foot the cost then it really shouldn't matter.

Post #451147  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:
Hi Haz,

I was listening to the Arseblog Arsecast Extra today whilst driving and they mention that we will probably need two strikers as things currently look with regards to our striking options. Losing Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah will mean we need to fill at least two of those spaces. If we can't get our star signing until the summer, then we can still be trying to get the second player to at least get some options up front. For what it's worth I've thought for a while that Calvert-Lewin may end up at Arsenal, but probably not until the summer. however, I'd rather we didn;t just get anyone to make up numbers, or we'll end up back to square one in about 18 months or so.

Post #451148  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:28 pm 

I watched Olise this weekend v Liverpool and was impressed again. Definitely a player to keep an eye on

Post #451149  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 pm 

Darren wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I was listening to the Arseblog Arsecast Extra today whilst driving and they mention that we will probably need two strikers as things currently look with regards to our striking options. Losing Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah will mean we need to fill at least two of those spaces. If we can't get our star signing until the summer, then we can still be trying to get the second player to at least get some options up front. For what it's worth I've thought for a while that Calvert-Lewin may end up at Arsenal, but probably not until the summer. however, I'd rather we didn;t just get anyone to make up numbers, or we'll end up back to square one in about 18 months or so.

Hi Darren,

Its a really difficult one. We are in a great position with a chance of top four but I think we can all agree the issues we have with regard to striker options could be our undoing, infact I just don't see us finishing 4th with the current options we have. Not unless Aubameyang somehow comes back in and starts banging in goals, which seems highly unlikely.

So what do we do. The fact is there are lots of CFs out there who would improve our options in the short term but only a few who could be seen as the longterm answer.

It feels like we have spent a long time this month on a wild goose chase and now we are running out of time.

Post #451150  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 pm 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

Its a really difficult one. We are in a great position with a chance of top four but I think we can all agree the issues we have with regard to striker options could be our undoing, infact I just don't see us finishing 4th with the current options we have. Not unless Aubameyang somehow comes back in and starts banging in goals, which seems highly unlikely.

So what do we do. The fact is there are lots of CFs out there who would improve our options in the short term but only a few who could be seen as the longterm answer.

It feels like we have spent a long time this month on a wild goose chase and now we are running out of time.

I have similar concerns. I must admit, whilst I admit to never seeing Vlahovic, I most definitely have seen Calvert-Lewin, and Watkins for that matter, plenty of times. Not only when Arsenal play Everton or Villa, but bits of their games when they play other teams.

I have to admit, both leave me feeling underwhelmed. They’d probably cost almost as much as Vlahovic, but from never seeing him at least I can hope that he is what we need. With Calvert-Lewin and Watkins, it goes little further than expecting they’d be a bit better than Lacazette. For the money they’d cost, I was hoping for more.

Post #451151  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:13 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
It is such a frustrating team.
Then against bottom placed Burnley, and we decided to be conservative.
Still very disappointed to have dropped 2 points.

True .... from couple of months back where everything looked rosy in the garden ... now it seems a B52 has passed overhead ; dumping a full load of Agent Orange .
Getting less than a win from that game was purely down to Arteta's timidity .

Post #451152  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Gidday Old Man
Given that he was the one who alerted me to the joys of chess [ and a fair % of the rest of the world ] I'd be a little kinder and say he went a little off the rails .

......... but give him his due he did for chess what Ali did for boxing ; turned a hum drum board game into the biggest news extravaganza of 1971

I was working Sydney at the time of the Icelandic saga v Spassky , used to buy the paper every day to read about moves , stare fascinated at the little diagrams of horses and castles even though I hadn't the foggiest idea what was going on .
He set records that still stand to this day .

On Nepo v Carlsen .. no ...didn't know it was being played .

Post #451153  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:21 am 

Attachment:

Post #451154  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 am 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

Maybe they're just waiting before a surprise announcement of Joao Felix and Mbappe. :icon_mrgreen1:

Post #451155  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:48 am 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

We sent Balogun out on loan knowing we need a striker. He's the same age as Martinelli. Has played in a physically tougher league than Martinelli his whole life before Arsenal. I'm trying to understand all this.

Not saying Balogun is the savior of Arsenal but we couldn't use him? Nketiah was influential in his first run as a sub. Not to mention, we should had a few gilded edged chances that went by the wayside in the last game.

I agree we need a striker but I can't help feeling we under-utilize what we already do have.

Post #451156  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:18 am 

Juve are preparing a bid for Vlahovic very soon, certain he’ll end up there and pretty certain that Juve’s bid will be nowhere near as good as Arsenal’s. Juve will go for some odd 3 year loan with obligation to buy. If the player wants Juve and no one else then just move on.

If we can’t get our target now, and spending £70m on our second or third choice is undesirable then we could look at a loan, Jovic at Real Madrid has lost his way but scored a load for Frankfurt before he went to Real.

Post #451157  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:19 am 

Well Stan's Rams have a good shot at the Super Bowl

...take out the 49ers this week and probably the Chiefs a little later he'll have a bit more cash to splash on a striker .

Post #451158  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:49 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Well Stan's Rams have a good shot at the Super Bowl

...take out the 49ers this week and probably the Chiefs a little later he'll have a bit more cash to splash on a striker .

Here's hoping.

The Rams could use another good striker.

Post #451159  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 am 

I’ve seen reports about the rise in crowd disorder, more arrests and a large number of incidents of players being hit by objects thrown from the crowd. Obviously the main point of change needs to be with the idiots who throw the objects and when identified they need lengthy bans from all football grounds but I also think players should think a bit more carefully about where they decide to celebrate their goals. Predominately this will be away teams celebrating in front of the away fans. I completely understand that these footballers may well have taken vile dogs abuse from the home fans for 90 minutes and so to score against them it must be satisfying to be able to give some back and lose yourself for a moment, but I think they need to think twice for their own safety.

Post #451160  Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 am 

very Interesting seeing that footage of Arteta in the US at a hockey game with kroenke. He’s obviously there to lobby for transfer funds and build his relationship with the owner prior to flying out to the training camp in DUBAI.

Wonder how that conversation goes ? “Look mate you’ve gotta *%^@*** help us out here”

It’s invest or more sticking plasters we will have to fix later on

[ 481528 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11276, 11277, 11278, 11279, 11280, 11281, 11282 ... 12039  Next