Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, grantyboy, john1 and 273 guests

Post #487921  Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:29 pm 

DHD wrote:
I have no interest in international football and rarely watch it. Hate to be a Jonah but I’d probably go for Croatia today. Last time I saw them was in a World Cup final. Last time I saw Ingerlund was v Iceland.

Only in England could you see a comment like this.

Post #487922  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:02 am 

Actor Ned Beatty of 'Deliverance' and 'Superman' dies at 83

https://us.cnn.com/2021/06/13/us/ned-be ... index.html

Post #487923  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:21 am 

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Am I missing something ? Willock, Emile Smith Rowe and Saka all products of hale end we’re used frequently last season.

There’s highlighting a difference in opinion and then there’s just highlighting the nonsense that wanders round inside your brain mate :58big-emoticons:

Why the *%^@ do you ridicule everyone's opinion on here that doesn't agree with yours.
Whether I agree or not agree I would never stoop so low as to just ridicule or denigrate the forum members opinion .
Just grow the *%^@ up or *%^@ off.

It's called schoolyard politics. What you'd expect from a 9 year old. Imo he's regressing and going back to his favourite I am 6.

Post #487924  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:47 am 

bubblechris wrote:
david.d wrote:
Why the *%^@ do you ridicule everyone's opinion on here that doesn't agree with yours.
Whether I agree or not agree I would never stoop so low as to just ridicule or denigrate the forum members opinion .
Just grow the *%^@ up or *%^@ off.

It's called schoolyard politics. What you'd expect from a 9 year old. Imo he's regressing and going back to his favourite I am 6.

Still think covid is a hoax and over reaction mr “get off my island” ?

Had your jab yet? Did you feel the irony as you were getting it?

Post #487925  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:38 am 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Excellent entertainment, thrilling game as the Dutch edge Ukraine.

I didn’t watch the first half but saw much of the second. It was really exciting.

It was an entertaining 2nd half, I agree with sourpuss Roy Keane that the Dutch won't be going far in the tournament with that defence though.
With England I was most happy with the clean sheet and lack of any clear cut chances or proper saves for Pickford. If England have ambitions on winning the Euro's is has to be based on defence. People talk about all the attacking talent we have (and that is true) but this is pretty much 7 games of knock out football. When Spain won the Euros or World Cup I think they won every knock out game 1-0. Even when teams are coming down the stretch in a tight title race the results turn in to 1-0 wins rather than anything too expansive.
Without getting too far ahead of ourselves England's route if they win the group looks to be
R2 Portugal/Germany
QF Spain
SF Netherlands/Turkey
F Italy/France

Post #487926  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:02 pm 

I don't think the dutch team will win it all - they lack firepower up front and without Van Dijk they'll get exposed defensively. But I have to give them credit; even now when they've had a downward trajectory for a number of years, they're still entertaining to watch. I've been following football since the early 90s and there have been very few international tournaments where the Netherlands haven't been one of the bright spots.

Post #487927  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:19 pm 

Rich wrote:
Without getting too far ahead of ourselves England's route if they win the group looks to be
R2 Portugal/Germany
QF Spain
SF Netherlands/Turkey
F Italy/France

Who knocks Belgium out? You didn’t even mention them as possible opponents in any round?

Post #487928  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:00 pm 

I was born in Scotland to Scottish parents, although I’ve lived in England for over 50 years. That said, the excruciating bluster I’m hearing before the Czech game, over confidence and lack of respect for the opposition, is leading me to expect the usual letdown. We’ll see.

Post #487929  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:05 pm 

warrior wrote:
Actor Ned Beatty of 'Deliverance' and 'Superman' dies at 83

https://us.cnn.com/2021/06/13/us/ned-be ... index.html

Thanks for sharing, Warrior. Quite a career, and that scene is a stone cold classic :happy11: :happy11:

Post #487930  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:17 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Warrior. Quite a career, and that scene is a stone cold classic :happy11: :happy11:

Ned Beatty's defining scene in that movie is not quite as giddy though...

Post #487931  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:09 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
I was born in Scotland to Scottish parents, although I’ve lived in England for over 50 years. That said, the excruciating bluster I’m hearing before the Czech game, over confidence and lack of respect for the opposition, is leading me to expect the usual letdown. We’ll see.

Oops. Horrible second goal to concede.

Post #487932  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:29 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

That was so typically Scotland. Great strike though.

Post #487933  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Took it brilliantly. Shame that we don’t get to see Tierney. Injured again.

Post #487934  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:42 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Took it brilliantly. Shame that we don’t get to see Tierney. Injured again.

I suppose he must be. At this point, given that Scotland don't have a prayer, I'd like to see him resting up for next season.

Post #487935  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:18 pm 

That Schick guy for the Czechs looks handy.

Post #487936  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:31 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Think that's pretty common for smaller nations to be honest, I see a lot of simliar talk about Sweden's game tonight where some seem to expect a win. To me this Swedish team has a couple of interesting young attacking players but a pretty terrible defense. And when the defense isn't good, it usually doesn't bode well.

Post #487937  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:15 pm 

We have Frank de Boer as manager, nuff said.

Although with that name Decaf might fancy us.

Post #487938  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:45 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

It was always going to end in tears for the jocks, sadly. Always has, and seemingly always will :1cry: :1cry:

Post #487939  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:53 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Think that's pretty common for smaller nations to be honest, I see a lot of simliar talk about Sweden's game tonight where some seem to expect a win. To me this Swedish team has a couple of interesting young attacking players but a pretty terrible defense. And when the defense isn't good, it usually doesn't bode well.

The Scots really do take the biscuit, though.

Edit: it will be very very funny if they beat England, however.

Post #487940  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:37 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

The Scots really do take the biscuit, though.

Edit: it will be very very funny if they beat England, however.

Not a chance in hell of that happening I’m afraid. Could be a proper hiding if England are in the mood.

Post #487941  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:20 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
R2 Portugal/Germany
QF Spain
SF Netherlands/Turkey
F Italy/France

Who knocks Belgium out? You didn’t even mention them as possible opponents in any round?

Potentially Italy knocking them out in the QF on that side of the draw. I'm not convinced by Belgium's defence - but if they player each other I can see that Belgium v Italy could go either way

Post #487942  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm 

Ive read Marcel Sabitzer could be available for as little as £15m from Leipzig because he has 1 year left on his deal. I don't think you could find a better value for money signing for the attacking midfield position for us in Europe. Buedia at £40m or Sabitzer at £15m. No comparison

Post #487943  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:40 pm 

Rich wrote:
Ive read Marcel Sabitzer could be available for as little as £15m from Leipzig because he has 1 year left on his deal. I don't think you could find a better value for money signing for the attacking midfield position for us in Europe. Buedia at £40m or Sabitzer at £15m. No comparison

I'd agree. If he is available for 15m.

Post #487944  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:41 pm 

Rich wrote:

Potentially Italy knocking them out in the QF on that side of the draw. I'm not convinced by Belgium's defence - but if they player each other I can see that Belgium v Italy could go either way[/quote]

All Martinez's teams were shaky at the back.

Post #487945  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 pm 

Can your boys hang on Haz?

Post #487946  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 pm 

I called the Netherlands a bright spot in the tournament, and whatever the opposite of that is it's Sweden. At least Isak looked good, but of course he was subbed off with 20 minutes to go for being way to good with the ball.

Post #487947  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:45 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Can your boys hang on Haz?

Absolutely dominating the clearance stat. Spain don't stand a chance.

Post #487948  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm 

The big yellow bus nearly there. I hope you get the point.

Post #487949  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Was cheering for Spain at the end. We had one good player on the pitch, and he was subbed off for a player with worse technique than Igor Stepanovs, I hate those kind of subs that are supposedly tactical but are really just dumb.

Post #487950  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Was cheering for Spain at the end. We had one good player on the pitch, and he was subbed off for a player with worse technique than Igor Stepanovs, I hate those kind of subs that are supposedly tactical but are really just dumb.

Well you got a 0-0 that looked unlikely earlier on so it is not as dumb as you think. I thought Sweden's defensive performance was top notch. Danielson was excellent and Seb Larssson was everywhere.

Post #487951  Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
Well you got a 0-0 that looked unlikely earlier on so it is not as dumb as you think.

Not sure how that relates to subbing off a striker who was the only player who can hold on to the ball and who created our only two scoring chances. It was 0-0 with him on the pitch as well.

Post #487952  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:19 am 

Quote:
Still think covid is a hoax and over reaction mr “get off my island” ?

Had your jab yet? Did you feel the irony as you were getting it?

Oi jolly trolly when did I say covid is a hoax?

Both thank you did you have one in your ass, did it hit your brain?

Is that why you keep playing the fool?

Post #487953  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:15 am 

Reports in Belgium (and repeated by David Ornstein) that we have made a first offer for Belgian midfielder Sambi Lokonga. Don't know much about him other than the fact that he's 21, plays for Anderlecht and recieved his first call-up to the national team earlier this year. Looks interesting, but he's probably a bit of a project.

Post #487954  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Reports in Belgium (and repeated by David Ornstein) that we have made a first offer for Belgian midfielder Sambi Lokonga. Don't know much about him other than the fact that he's 21, plays for Anderlecht and recieved his first call-up to the national team earlier this year. Looks interesting, but he's probably a bit of a project.

Hi Haz,

A few rumours of us making opening bids for players. Whether we are serious or just making a few lowish speculative offers to see if anything sticks is hard to tell.

With the euros and Copa America ongoing it may be weeks before we are able to close some of the deals we want.

Lokonga looks an interesting prospect and with the right age and enough experience to be worth a punt on.

Post #487955  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:36 am 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Hi Haz,

A few rumours of us making opening bids for players. Whether we are serious or just making a few lowish speculative offers to see if anything sticks is hard to tell.

With the euros and Copa America ongoing it may be weeks before we are able to close some of the deals we want.

The talk is the opening offer was 15m euros and Anderlecht want 20m euros. I know money is tight but if we're seriously after the player that isn't too big a gap to bridge.

Post #487956  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:40 am 

Rich wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Haz,

The talk is the opening offer was 15m euros and Anderlecht want 20m euros. I know money is tight but if we're seriously after the player that isn't too big a gap to bridge.

Have many deals been done by anyone, full stop. Apart from a few free transfers. Even the Xhaka one seems to be stalling over the fee.

The Ajax keeper one has gone a bit quiet too.

Post #487957  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 am 

socrates wrote:
Hi Haz,

This one was reported by the local press in Belgium I think, which makes me think it's more likely to be something in the reports. I do like Lokongas profile, if we add him and someone more established who can start right away to replace Xhaka we have some interesting midfield options going into the new season.

Post #487958  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:06 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:
Hi Haz,

This one was reported by the local press in Belgium I think, which makes me think it's more likely to be something in the reports. I do like Lokongas profile, if we add him and someone more established who can start right away to replace Xhaka we have some interesting midfield options going into the new season.

Would make sense, although you’d have to think Willock might be sacrificed. I think with his ability to score goals from central midfield (a rarely these days) he ought to be kept.

Post #487959  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:22 am 

socrates wrote:
Would make sense, although you’d have to think Willock might be sacrificed. I think with his ability to score goals from central midfield (a rarely these days) he ought to be kept.

I'm very torn about Willock. On one hand, he's an academy product and you always want to see those players succeed at the club. His goalscoring record from midfield is hard to look past. On the other hand, I have a hard time seeing him in a midfield two, which seems to be the way we'll play for the forseeable future, and his value is probably at a peak right now. We did the right thing when we let Iwobi go, so maybe it's time to do the same with Willock.

Post #487960  Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:24 am 

I think there's a chance we might go big this summer. Before the season ended I firmly believed we wouldn't sign more than 2, maybe 3 players for the first team, but all the noises coming out from the more reliable sources (those who seem to have some connections with the club) I'm thinking we might see 5-6. Not all of them will be for big money, but there seems to be a big overhaul on the cards.

[ 529274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12196, 12197, 12198, 12199, 12200, 12201, 12202 ... 13232  Next