Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Decaf, warrior and 280 guests

Post #557481  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:04 pm 

The penalty given against wolves for Newcastle is interesting because it was the same ref team, Anthony Taylor and Jared Gillet who decided to over turn the Havertz penalty v Man U. Both could be similar incidents, in my view the Havertz one is far harder to overturn once it’s been given.

Also the Havertz one is the only penalty to have been given for a foul and then oveturned by var in the entire league this season. Remember the audio was about Havertz initiating the contact with the Man U player. But yet the same ref team decided the opposite for the Newcastle penalty

Post #557482  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:32 pm 

Next weekend is the 5th time Newcastle will be the 5:30pm kick off on a Saturday which coincidentally is prime time in the evening in Saudi Arabia….

Post #557483  Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:27 pm 

Rich wrote:
Next weekend is the 5th time Newcastle will be the 5:30pm kick off on a Saturday which coincidentally is prime time in the evening in Saudi Arabia….

Last time I looked we played in a place called Emirates Stadium. We also sold our soul to the TV networks years ago. Therefore I’m not sure I will join your outrage on this one.

Post #557484  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:10 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:

Last time I looked we played in a place called Emirates Stadium. We also sold our soul to the TV networks years ago. Therefore I’m not sure I will join your outrage on this one.

I’m not outraged. Just pointing out that it would appear something is having an influence on kick off times. I don’t recall the Emirates company doing that.
We’re on TV a lot because we’re a big team, and with their new wealth and big name players I’d expect Newcastle to be on more as well, but not disproportionately so to suit the Saudi tv.

Post #557485  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:12 am 

Why did sheff Utd play in a light grey kit with red socks when their away kit is yellow shirts and socks. Just seemed an unnecessary clash

Post #557486  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:27 am 

Rich wrote:
Why did sheff Utd play in a light grey kit with red socks when their away kit is yellow shirts and socks. Just seemed an unnecessary clash

Post #557487  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:27 am 

I find the problems at Man U absolutely hilarious, and those who are on tv and love Man U even more hilarious as they try to make sense of it and shift blame from one thing to the next - except Neville who only ever blames the Glazers.

Now ten hag is saying it was never the plan to play nice attacking passing football as he did at Ajax, he’s going to play direct because that’s the players he has, particularly in attack. I must have forgotten the part where he was handed £400m to build a team in the image he wanted, wasting £100m of that on 2 previously world class players who would go down hill in their form quite quickly.

Post #557488  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:29 am 

Rich wrote:
Watching old footage of United's 1968 European Cup win (and Bobby's great performance in it) why did they wear all blue rather than their traditional red?

Post #557489  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:46 am 

Rich wrote:
I find the problems at Man U absolutely hilarious, and those who are on tv and love Man U even more hilarious as they try to make sense of it and shift blame from one thing to the next - except Neville who only ever blames the Glazers...
Yes, it is cheering to see United struggle, just as it was when Liverpool failed to win the league for a generation after having previously been so dominant. I have always liked City a lot since my short time in Manchester in the late 60s, when seeing Bell, Summerbee and Lee etc was wonderful. At the moment I enjoy their deserved success - second to them is not the worst position for us to be in - but I am beginning to get weary of all the money they have. I can see me soon putting them in the United/Chelsea category. Their domestic dominance is not good.

Post #557490  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:51 am 

For a long time footballers were criticised for not being good enough role models for kids, to be fair there are plenty who are still like that, but given the alternative is some of these social media, tick tok and Instagram ‘influencers’ I’m quite happy for my son (5) to idolise Saka, as far as famous role models go I can’t think of many better than Saka for young kids.

Post #557491  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:55 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Rich wrote:
I find the problems at Man U absolutely hilarious, and those who are on tv and love Man U even more hilarious as they try to make sense of it and shift blame from one thing to the next - except Neville who only ever blames the Glazers...
Yes, it is cheering to see United struggle, just as it was when Liverpool failed to win the league for a generation after having previously been so dominant. I have always liked City a lot since my short time in Manchester in the late 60s, when seeing Bell, Summerbee and Lee etc was wonderful. At the moment I enjoy their deserved success - second to them is not the worst position for us to be in - but I am beginning to get weary of all the money they have. I can see me soon putting them in the United/Chelsea category. Their domestic dominance is not good.

2 huge factors for City are Pep and the cohesion they have at board level. They may be super rich but they rarely make vanity signings. It rarely seems that a transfer is rushed or ill thought through. Actually this season was the first I felt that some transfers were a bit rushed, Kovacic and Nunes, City needed midfield players but to me these two didn’t seem to be City’s level (just like Calvin Phillips) and seemed to be signing predominantly because they had prem experience. Gvardiol and Doku look much more like the well scouted City signing.
We need Pep to leave, he really is the glue that gets it all gelling and performing at the best level.

Post #557492  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:56 am 

Heard Keane saying Bruno Fernandes is the exact opposite of what he’d look for in a captain. They have a serious lack of leaders and captain options there. Makes me think back to days when Arsenals team felt like that

Post #557493  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:58 am 

Rich wrote:
I find the problems at Man U absolutely hilarious, and those who are on tv and love Man U even more hilarious as they try to make sense of it and shift blame from one thing to the next - except Neville who only ever blames the Glazers.

Now ten hag is saying it was never the plan to play nice attacking passing football as he did at Ajax, he’s going to play direct because that’s the players he has, particularly in attack. I must have forgotten the part where he was handed £400m to build a team in the image he wanted, wasting £100m of that on 2 previously world class players who would go down hill in their form quite quickly.

Saw this the other day and found it quite entertaining

Attachment:

Post #557494  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:01 am 

Rich wrote:
Heard Keane saying Bruno Fernandes is the exact opposite of what he’d look for in a captain. They have a serious lack of leaders and captain options there. Makes me think back to days when Arsenals team felt like that

The Neville <> Carragher spat was good viewing in that same segment as well. For once I agreed with the scouser.

Post #557495  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:14 am 

thing is they can moan about the Glazers as much as you want but if you are doing stuff like signing A 30 year old casemiro for 80 million quid then the coaches and manager need to be held to account,

Anthony ? i mean who scouted him ?

sancho, paid a fortune for a player nobody else wanted,

Some of this stuff has to fall on Ten Bags too.

Post #557496  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:16 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Rich wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_6411.jpeg

What a bunch.

Post #557497  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
thing is they can moan about the Glazers as much as you want but if you are doing stuff like signing A 30 year old casemiro for 80 million quid then the coaches and manager need to be held to account,

Who scouted Antony? That would be Ten Hag. He played for him at Ajax.

Post #557498  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Ten Bags belays blame away from him, that's what he does. Shameful, lack of self respect.

Post #557499  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:50 pm 

the covid enquiry,

never will you see such an expose on how corrupt our government absolutely are. Horrible scumbags only in it for the take.

Post #557500  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
the covid enquiry,

never will you see such an expose on how corrupt our government absolutely are. Horrible scumbags only in it for the take.

Pot Kettle Black.

Iirc you were calling for more lockdowns, derided the Swedish success and supported Sir Kiers demands for longer lockdowns .

Boris on the other hand was calling for no more lockdowns after the first.

I know who I'd support and who I would like to be punished for being stupid.

Post #557501  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:49 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
Rich wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_6411.jpeg

The bottom 6 on that list are almost as criminal as the top 6. Scrapping around signing below par frees and loans is not what Man U should be doing.
Recruitment is key.

Post #557502  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:23 am 

I’d rotate heavily tonight and give more rest to key players.
Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Gabriel, Kiwior, Jorginho, Emile Smith Rowe, Vieira, Trossard, Nelsen, Havertz

I’d like to see Havertz as the striker again. Then we can have Rice, Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli, Nketiah on the bench

You’d think West Ham would rotate a few as well as they’ve been playing in Europe too

Post #557503  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 am 

socrates wrote:
Bit worried about kiwi, I thought he'd be having plenty to say about the rugby.

Hope he's ok.

I sent him messages and emails but no reply. Anyone know how to get in touch with him ?

Post #557504  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:09 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
the covid enquiry,

Pot Kettle Black.

Iirc you were calling for more lockdowns, derided the Swedish success and supported Sir Kiers demands for longer lockdowns .

haha i forgot you made a complete div of yourself during that. :42laughter:

Post #557505  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:26 am 

Partey likely out until december

Post #557506  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:45 am 

Rich wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... njury.html

Post #557507  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:27 am 

Rich wrote:

I do hope he recovers in time for the African Cup of Nations.

Post #557508  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 pm 

DHD wrote:
Rich wrote:

I do hope he recovers in time for the African Cup of Nations.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :20hospitals:

Post #557509  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:28 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Pot Kettle Black.

Selective memory. I was right and you were completely wrong. 2 main differences I said the experts were wrong you said they were to be followed without question.
Secondly I said we should follow the Swedish experts you said not to.

If anyone is a div it's you.

Post #557510  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:23 pm 

Jarrad Branthwaite at Everton is an interesting player, 21, young English CB and he’s having a growing influence at Everton. Transferring being good at Everton to being good at a big 6 club is difficult but I’d be interested to see his development this season

Post #557511  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:05 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Selective memory. I was right and you were completely wrong. 2 main differences I said the experts were wrong you said they were to be followed without question.

you went full clown world regurgitating stupid conspiracies and spiel from internet weirdos

you went full r%$&^*. Never go full r%$&^*

https://youtu.be/X6WHBO_Qc-Q?si=EpXQqKfFgAQs2mk7

Post #557512  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:19 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

What is the report about? I don't have time to check, but from the headlines is seems to be about how incompetent, dishonest, and callous the Tory government was, rather than about experts being wrong?

Post #557513  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:30 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

What is the report about? I don't have time to check, but from the headlines is seems to be about how incompetent, dishonest, and callous the Tory government was, rather than about experts being wrong?

yeah that’s pretty much it. He’s fallen down an alt right conspiracy hole again :emoticon_mClapp:

Post #557514  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:39 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

If you believe Cummings views, remember him he drove to Barnard Castle to check he could see to drive. Most people agree Boris did a good job and was proven right for having his doubts about Lock downs.
It's not a report yet it's a Hearing and Boris hasn't had a say yet.
Strange how TG pisses most people off with his stupidity but when I think the alternative I'm batshit crazy?

Anyway I was right the lockdowns cost the Nation Billions, our children were harmed and the nutty professors weren't experts they were pebble counters who got the results completely wrong.

Post #557515  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:32 pm 

Looks like Jesus is out until December as well. Could miss the next 6 games.

Post #557516  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:32 pm 

in other news outside the dinlow behaviour of Chris

Gaby Jesus is too injury prone. Feels like he’s only a few weeks away from another injury. now out until December. Feels like he can’t be relied upon.

Post #557517  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:33 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Most people agree Boris did a good job and was proven right for having his doubts about Lock downs.

This would be the Prime Minister who believed that Covid-19 was Nature’s way of dealing with the elderly? That old people should accept their fate and let the young get on with life and get the economy going?

Post #557518  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:42 pm 

DHD wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
So the death toll in Italy has peaked at just over 6000. Okay there's more to come but this is a long way away from the number of people that TG keeps reminding us could die.

My belief is that the figure here will be nowhere near this amount due mainly to the fact that our Government is acting responsibly and sensibly without creating panic and acting on the advice of experts in the field.

If I am wrong I will admit that TG is not a *%^@ and that he knows more than the rest of us who should bow down to his superior knowledge and intellect. However if he is wrong I expect him to come down off his perch as he is beginning to make me want to reach for the ignore button as nothing he says or especially recently said about anything is is not a load of rubbish and scaremongering.

Boris deserves our congratulations. We will see if I am right in 2/3 weeks when we peak.

Stay safe all of you.........................

Sorry Chris, but all with dues and stuff, Boris is a bumbling self-serving tosser who thinks he’s Churchill; the only thing he shares with Winnie though is a deep-seated desire to be liked. Boris is not a deep thinker and holds no strong policy views; he also has a very limited attention span. He doesn’t do detail and he has consistently shied away from the difficult decisions, the unpopular edicts, the hard line - and anything that might make him less loveable.

It’s pretty clear now that up until a few weeks ago, Boris’s government WAS collectively implementing the ‘herd immunity’ strategy which would allow, perhaps encourage 40,000,000 of us to become infected early-on with the clear understanding that 1-2% of that number who were OAPs would die: Cummings’ line was “too bad”. When the evidence from Italy suggested that because more than 20% of that ‘too bad’ death group would inconveniently need serious Intensive Care before they died, Imperial College pointed out that our NHS would be entirely overwhelmed. They knew all this at least 3-4 weeks ago, probably more, and that’s when they changed tack.

Being abroad and watching rolling news channels from BBC and the American Channels from 8th March onwards, the way this was panning out was pretty bleeding obvious to me and I sent all my guys to work from home on 8th March. Home thoughts from abroad! That’s when this country should have been locked down – more than two weeks ago. Boris knew all about the realities long before me. And we are STILL are not locked down. Building sites are still working, tubes still rammed and many many employees are still required to attend their workplace. Boris is still saying ‘should stay at home’ when he needs to be saying ‘legally required to stay home’ or more appropriately ‘COMMANDED ON PAIN OF IMPRISONMENT’ to stay at home. Nobody believes him because he's told so many bare-faced lies and evaded so many personal background issues. Simple one: how many children have you got, Boris? Nobody takes him seriously.

Lastly, there’s been there’s been widespread condemnation of the public’s proclivity to hoard at the expense of their fellow citizen – to get it in early to ease their lives and budgets later. All they were trying to do was to get ahead of the curve. How is that different from a government who originally wanted to sacrifice the elderly and get the dying done early in order to ease the pressure on the economy and free up capacity for later?

Chris - this an exchange you and I had back in March 2020.

Who is right?

Post #557519  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:51 pm 

i mean the only reason they stopped the premier league was after Arteta caught covid. People forget this. Government were a shambles and Johnson killed people by joking, not taking it seriously and providing incorrect advice.

Post #557520  Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:22 pm 

The ref is the ever useless Simon Hooper. Mr inconsistency.

Bugga :36angers:

[ 563338 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13935, 13936, 13937, 13938, 13939, 13940, 13941 ... 14084  Next