Fixtures Sunday May 12th - Manchester United - Old Trafford - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: azinoz, Bing [Bot] and 49 guests

Post #377881  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:01 pm 

DHD wrote:
Attachment:
A2EA6CFD-C1F5-41B2-873D-CF27D193C2A7.jpeg
TOP GUN wrote:

Did you do the annual Thames boat trip thing to Fulham DHD ?

Never done that, looks a right larf

Apologies - haven’t been around for a while - travelling! Not seen a replay.

No TG - didn’t do the boat.

In truth, I haven’t been to Fulham for a few years. It’s always quite a special away day. Non-threatening and civilised opposition at a historic ground in one of the most affluent areas in the world. The (above ground) tube ride into Putney Bridge is the polar opposite of the train ride into Villa a couple of weeks ago. In terms of levelling up, it just ain’t going to happen - ever.

Away supporters pub was massive and comfortable with no queues, plenty of space and very relaxed. Wall to wall TVs. Shots on demand. Tempting to drop anchor.

The walk to the ground is truly relaxed and stress-free, going through a Church graveyard, a well keep park and a Thames-side promenade. Best arrival route in the business.

Ground now has a grand new stand which isn’t fully open, but it’s a tight and quintessentially English ground. Away stand is a sort of permanent temporary stand with bouncy walkways and uneven steps. Bit odd but doesn’t feel out of place. Sight lines aren’t great. It was as always a ‘stander’ - involving but becoming less of an attraction to old forkers like me.

One thing came back to me, and you can see it from the photo I posted - I did many years low down behind the goal at the Clock End. I’d forgotten what a *%^@ view it is but at least you had replays. We were Row 6 on Sunday - Row 8 at Highbury. No live feed in the ground and no replays. And all made far worse by the black kit - you just couldn’t see our players at the other end. Three first half goals at the far end - or so I’m informed. In fairness, I was witness to the ball of the game - if not the season - by Saliba sweeping it out to our left to open up the whole field for Xhaka. Genius.

Despite the lack of visibility and sparse visual involvement, the overriding sense of the game was a complete lack of jeopardy. It was too easy. Pinch-yerself easy. They were never in it. No threat. We mullered them. Start to finish. Makes you wonder if we may actually be an excellent - exceptional - team who can dismiss close rivals with ease.

Back along the beautiful walk, couple of celebratories at ‘tpub and off to a fine dinner. Smiling all the way.

How much better does it get?

Beautiful pictures. The first one brings to mind those 'spot the ball' competitions in (I think) Shoot magazine.

Post #377882  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:12 pm 

DHD wrote:
Attachment:
A2EA6CFD-C1F5-41B2-873D-CF27D193C2A7.jpeg
TOP GUN wrote:

Did you do the annual Thames boat trip thing to Fulham DHD ?

Never done that, looks a right larf

Apologies - haven’t been around for a while - travelling! Not seen a replay.

No TG - didn’t do the boat.

In truth, I haven’t been to Fulham for a few years. It’s always quite a special away day. Non-threatening and civilised opposition at a historic ground in one of the most affluent areas in the world. The (above ground) tube ride into Putney Bridge is the polar opposite of the train ride into Villa a couple of weeks ago. In terms of levelling up, it just ain’t going to happen - ever.

Away supporters pub was massive and comfortable with no queues, plenty of space and very relaxed. Wall to wall TVs. Shots on demand. Tempting to drop anchor.

The walk to the ground is truly relaxed and stress-free, going through a Church graveyard, a well keep park and a Thames-side promenade. Best arrival route in the business.

Ground now has a grand new stand which isn’t fully open, but it’s a tight and quintessentially English ground. Away stand is a sort of permanent temporary stand with bouncy walkways and uneven steps. Bit odd but doesn’t feel out of place. Sight lines aren’t great. It was as always a ‘stander’ - involving but becoming less of an attraction to old forkers like me.

One thing came back to me, and you can see it from the photo I posted - I did many years low down behind the goal at the Clock End. I’d forgotten what a *%^@ view it is but at least you had replays. We were Row 6 on Sunday - Row 8 at Highbury. No live feed in the ground and no replays. And all made far worse by the black kit - you just couldn’t see our players at the other end. Three first half goals at the far end - or so I’m informed. In fairness, I was witness to the ball of the game - if not the season - by Saliba sweeping it out to our left to open up the whole field for Xhaka. Genius.

Despite the lack of visibility and sparse visual involvement, the overriding sense of the game was a complete lack of jeopardy. It was too easy. Pinch-yerself easy. They were never in it. No threat. We mullered them. Start to finish. Makes you wonder if we may actually be an excellent - exceptional - team who can dismiss close rivals with ease.

Back along the beautiful walk, couple of celebratories at ‘tpub and off to a fine dinner. Smiling all the way.

How much better does it get?

It doesn’t. Away from home and winning is the best feeling in the world especially when we are playing football like we are right now. You can’t beat an away beano!

Read one thing this week that I never knew and that was that Henry Norris wanted to merge Arsenal and Fulham when he took over but was unsuccessful. How different would that have been ! Never knew that

Post #377883  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:17 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
City 2-0 up already. That’s good we need their attention on the champions league

Do you honestly think it will make the blindest bit of difference ? I don’t.

They have 300 million quids worth of players on their bench tonight. Take a look it’s ridiculous. They can rotate, I think it’s just as likely they win everything.

It’s going to come down to how we play last week in April. We do well that week we win the title. Simple as. What they do in europe won’t come into it.

I honestly do think it will matter mentally because the CL is their first priority by some distance. No matter how good your squad that is a factor. It's hard for them not to be slightly less intense in the league.

For us, the slightly thinner squad (albeit it is looking great just at the moment) so the risk of overplaying some players is there, this is offset by the fact that (judging from the intensity of our performances) the league is absolutely the priority in the player's mind. The Europa isn't really a mental distraction.

Post #377884  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 pm 

Gosh, Haaland has now got 5

Post #377885  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Do you honestly think it will make the blindest bit of difference ? I don’t.

They have 300 million quids worth of players on their bench tonight. Take a look it’s ridiculous. They can rotate, I think it’s just as likely they win everything.

It’s going to come down to how we play last week in April. We do well that week we win the title. Simple as. What they do in europe won’t come into it.

I honestly do think it will matter mentally because the CL is their first priority by some distance. No matter how good your squad that is a factor. It's hard for them not to be slightly less intense in the league.

For us, the slightly thinner squad (albeit it is looking great just at the moment) so the risk of overplaying some players is there, this is offset by the fact that (judging from the intensity of our performances) the league is absolutely the priority in the player's mind. The Europa isn't really a mental distraction.

Honestly I don’t see it mattering. Foden plays one game they rest him for the next, likewise Walker, like mahrez. They are mostly all fresh. Are we expecting 5 of their players to all get injured. No chance

It’s on us I’m afraid. Get a point v city then dismantle Chelsea on the Saturday and we’re on a home stretch.

Post #377886  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Honestly I don’t see it mattering. Foden plays one game they rest him for the next, likewise Walker, like mahrez. They are mostly all fresh. Are we expecting 5 of their players to all get injured. No chance

It’s on us I’m afraid. Get a point v city then dismantle Chelsea on the Saturday and we’re on a home stretch.

There are certain players Pep can’t afford to rest when they are in CL and Prem run in. Rodri, De Bruyne, Haaland don’t get a rest, any small bit of fatigue is welcome for them. Also more games is more chance of a freak injury. Imagine Coty lost Haaland for the last 3 months of the season just as we had to do without our main striker for 3 months.

Post #377887  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:37 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

There are certain players Pep can’t afford to rest when they are in CL and Prem run in. Rodri, De Bruyne, Haaland don’t get a rest, any small bit of fatigue is welcome for them. Also more games is more chance of a freak injury. Imagine Coty lost Haaland for the last 3 months of the season just as we had to do without our main striker for 3 months.

I’d love to see it and hear it but it’s just wishful thinking in my opinion.

They can’t rest 3 players, we can barely rest 1 of our 11 without a large drop off that’s the difference.

Post #377888  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:15 pm 

Last 8 of the CL could look like:
Ac Milan
Bayern
Chelsea
Man City
Benfica
Inter Milan
Real Madrid
Napoli

Considering our performances this year we should hold no fear of being in this company next season. I’m not saying we can win it but we shouldn’t feel there is anyone we can’t beat over two legs. Compare that to the last few years we were in the CL getting drawn against Bayern and Barca constantly and you knew it would take a miracle to get past them

Post #377889  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

They can’t rest 3 players, we can barely rest 1 of our 11 without a large drop off that’s the difference.

But the original point was whether it is better to have City in the champions league or not. You thought it made no difference to our chances in the league if they went through or not tonight. I’m saying it has to have some bearing even if it’s small because they can afford to rotate their squad so well. Surely it has to be better for us that they don’t just have 11 league games to concentrate on? It has to make a small difference at least

Post #377890  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But the original point was whether it is better to have City in the champions league or not. You thought it made no difference to our chances in the league if they went through or not tonight. I’m saying it has to have some bearing even if it’s small because they can afford to rotate their squad so well. Surely it has to be better for us that they don’t just have 11 league games to concentrate on? It has to make a small difference at least

You’re talking about a minor difference when they have 300 million worth of players on the bench. Look at today, 5 subs and look at the quality they brought on.

It’s also worth noting our behaviour in europe as well. Play our new pole and he leaks a goal we need to bring on Gabriel, play the American keeper he can’t distribute, struggle to control midfield so we have to bring on partey. It’s just not the same. Our progress depends on how we fare not city. I don’t see them winning the champions league as giving us some kind of advantage because they are distracted to be honest

Post #377891  Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:40 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Agreed. It might only make a tiny difference, but given the billions poured into the Manchester City project (I remember when there was a football club there), I'll take any advantage we can get.

Post #377892  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:07 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

We got through a tough period with arguably our most important players injured.

Our January acquisitions and the return from injury of Jesus, Emile Smith Rowe and Nelson means that our squad and bench look very much stronger than a couple of months ago, when we did look paper thin.

City are scary indeed, particular if they can get the most out of Haaland--and there are some worrying signs there. Nevertheless, I do think they will drop points.

So, even if they only draw one of their remaining games, we can "afford" 3 draws or two losses. 93 points or thereabout would be the winning points total. 27 points from our last 9, which is pretty much exactly the rate we have been accumulating points this season.

Its 50/50.

Post #377893  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:14 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

You’re talking about a minor difference

Exactly. Its on a knife edge so even one post-Euro bananaskin might be the difference.

We certainly have to do our bit because I can't see City finishing with less than 90 points.

Post #377894  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:23 am 

I'd be curious to know who the multitudes of neutral football fans across England want to win between us and City? I'm going to guess it would be us but one never knows.

It's got to be the worse thing in years for bother Chelsea and Tottenham. I would guess that we are also the lesser of two evils for Man Utd fans.

Post #377895  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:21 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You’re talking about a minor difference

Exactly. Its on a knife edge so even one post-Euro bananaskin might be the difference.

Just seems wishful thinking and micro analysis from our fans that they are trotting out online. The fitness or fatigue of a very minor amount of city players won’t affect it. It’s a complete face off and we are just as likely to go as far in europe as them and our core players are playing far more minutes than them. I’d probably suggest city must be desperate for us to proceed further in Europa.

If we beat palace this weekend what will determine it is what transpires last week in April. That will be it.

Post #377896  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:44 am 

Spurs digging their heels in over Kane. Right now it is the best for us if Kane does stay at Spurs. They’ve not had a sniff of a trophy for 10 years when he’s consistently been one of or the best striker in the league so it will unlikely make much difference if he stays. But if he moved to Man U that makes them far more dangerous.

Post #377897  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Just seems wishful thinking and micro analysis from our fans that they are trotting out online. The fitness or fatigue of a very minor amount of city players won’t affect it. It’s a complete face off and we are just as likely to go as far in europe as them and our core players are playing far more minutes than them. I’d probably suggest city must be desperate for us to proceed further in Europa.

If we beat palace this weekend what will determine it is what transpires last week in April. That will be it.

I would say the pressure of the run-in and the difficulty of the games we have, especially away from home, will be far more of an issue than fatigue among the City players, many of whom have played far fewer games as a result of rotation anyway.

An injury to Ødegaard, Party, Saka, Zinchenko or any of the CBs will cause us major problems. They are essental cogs in the way we play and the replacements are not at the same level. Even an injury to Ramsdale would have big consequences to the way we play.

Jesus being fit, if he remains so, is obviously a big boost but I still refuse to make us favorites.

Post #377898  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:20 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I would say the pressure of the run-in and the difficulty of the games we have, especially away from home, will be far more of an issue than fatigue among the City players, many of whom have played far fewer games as a result of rotation anyway.

Yes this is precisely it. Our prolonged European interest is far more of a problem than city because we can’t bring in 100 million pound wingers and midfielders if we need to rest someone. I think we will beat sporting tomorrow but a quarter final will likely bring in opposition much harder to rotate the squad for.

Need to beat city and Chelsea that week. Until we have played that fixture at the eitihad I can’t see how anyone could really call us favourites.

Post #377899  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:14 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

Yes this is precisely it. Our prolonged European interest is far more of a problem than city because we can’t bring in 100 million pound wingers and midfielders if we need to rest someone. I think we will beat sporting tomorrow but a quarter final will likely bring in opposition much harder to rotate the squad for.

Need to beat city and Chelsea that week. Until we have played that fixture at the eitihad I can’t see how anyone could really call us favourites.

The bookies have us odds on at the moment (and City at 13/10!) Like you, I don't see how we can be favourites but clearly a lot of punters do.

The biggy is whether Arteta will rest our key players in the Europa and trust the likes of Nelson Viera Jorghino,Eddie, Holding, Turner etc.

I think it would be utter madness not to because we've actually got a better chance of winning the league right now and the league is vastly more important than the Europa ... but what do I know?

Post #377900  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:03 pm 

Wow, how come I've never heard the story of Dein wanting Ferguson? Conjures up a lot of 'what ifs'

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A9oG9TWZ ... ture=share

Post #377901  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 pm 

Never have liked the notion of Arsenal picking and choosing competitions. We are not big enough to forego the chance of any trophy - they all matter to us in a way they probably don't to Real, City or Bayern. Winning gives the team energy, losing is a disappointment that can be dangerously infectious.

Post #377902  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:03 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Never have liked the notion of Arsenal picking and choosing competitions. We are not big enough to forego the chance of any trophy - they all matter to us in a way they probably don't to Real, City or Bayern. Winning gives the team energy, losing is a disappointment that can be dangerously infectious.

I agree. The corollary is winning becomes addictive and a habit. A good habit .

Post #377903  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:52 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:

I know what you mean but do you think if we had gone far in the fa cup and league cup we would be in as strong a position as we are now in the league. When we went out of the fa cup I looked at it as a blessing. We have had an undistracted and focussed league campaign this season. We don’t have a squad for 4 competitions let’s face it, certainly not before recent incomings

Post #377904  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:57 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

I know what you mean but do you think if we had gone far in the fa cup and league cup we would be in as strong a position as we are now in the league. When we went out of the fa cup I looked at it as a blessing. We have had an undistracted and focussed league campaign this season. We don’t have a squad for 4 competitions let’s face it, certainly not before recent incomings
I hear the argument, but I never feel blessed when we get knocked out of cups by fielding weakened sides. They are the bread and butter of my Arsenal experience - not since the 30s have we been a dominant league team - and despite beliefs to the contrary, I missed that era. Without undue bed-wettery, or wanting to be at all negative at a time when we are doing so wonderfully well, my feeling is, and has been all season, that the league is City's to win, and that the Europa may be our better bet. Win in Manchester and I might be ready to lose that cup.

Post #377905  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:38 pm 

Interesting debate I think. DeBruyne is the better player, but is Ødegaard the choice right now between the two if it was a cup final?

Post #377906  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:24 pm 

Owners Stan and Josh Kroenke have become Co-Chairs of Arsenal. Tim Lewis has become Executive Vice-Chair.

Post #377907  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:50 pm 

Eddie being reported as out injured until at least early April.

Post #377908  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:04 pm 

Is it a bit of a myth that City have so much more depth than us? You could debate the immediate quality of some replacement players but the overall depth of numbers isn’t any better.

If we take the City team last night - against our best 11
Ederson - Ramsdale
Stones - White
Dias - Saliba
Akanji - Gabriel
Ake - Zinchenko
Rodri - Partey
Gundogan - Xhaka
De Bruyne - Ødegaard
Bernardo - Saka
Grealish - Martinelli
Haaland - Jesus

Pretty well matched. Then match up the 2nd 11’s
Ortega - Turner
Walker - Tomiyasu
Laporte - Holding
??? - Kiwior
Lewis - Tierney
Phillips - Jorginho
Palmer - Vieira
Foden - Trossard
Mahrez - Smith-Rowe
??? - Nelson
Alvarez - Nketiah

They have 3 forward players who can come in and be very good quality but I don’t see that same depth of quality in defence or central midfield.

This is why I think an injury here or there could affect them, they haven’t had to deal with any lengthy injury so far at all. So all the more reason to increase the chance of those injuries happening by hoping they play more games

Post #377909  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm 

Rich wrote:
Is it a bit of a myth that City have so much more depth than us? You could debate the immediate quality of some replacement players but the overall depth of numbers isn’t any better.

If we take the City team last night - against our best 11
Ederson - Ramsdale
Stones - White
Dias - Saliba
Akanji - Gabriel
Ake - Zinchenko
Rodri - Partey
Gundogan - Xhaka
De Bruyne - Ødegaard
Bernardo - Saka
Grealish - Martinelli
Haaland - Jesus

Pretty well matched. Then match up the 2nd 11’s
Ortega - Turner
Walker - Tomiyasu
Laporte - Holding
??? - Kiwior
Lewis - Tierney
Phillips - Jorginho
Palmer - Vieira
Foden - Trossard
Mahrez - Smith-Rowe
??? - Nelson
Alvarez - Nketiah

They have 3 forward players who can come in and be very good quality but I don’t see that same depth of quality in defence or central midfield.

This is why I think an injury here or there could affect them, they haven’t had to deal with any lengthy injury so far at all. So all the more reason to increase the chance of those injuries happening by hoping they play more games

From the 2nd 11 the only ones of our players I wouldn’t swap would be Vieira and Tierney. Although Lewis has been impressive. As much as I love Emile Smith Rowe you can’t say he’s better than Mahrez, likewise dropping a World Cup winner for Nketiah. Nah even trying to think with my heart

Holding out for several injuries ? I wouldn’t hold your breath. You need several in certain positions for a major impact. Up front would be nice !

Post #377910  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 pm 

Erik ten Hag: “In just one game we had the squad available totally - that was against Man City. Every other time it's been one player suspended, injured, or unavailable through illness. We have to deal with it well but Arsenal, all the time their squad is totally available.”

I just wish that occasionally when managers spout such nonsense in a press conference that a journalist just calls them out on it.

Post #377911  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:29 pm 

Saw someone mention online that Arteta never talks about other teams or other managers. Compare that to the amount of times he’s been mentioned or Arsenal talked about by others. I get that sometimes a question will be put directly about another club but you can choose to deflect that and not discuss that team.

Arteta has constantly professed the mantra that we talk about ourselves and the things we can control. Looks like he sticks to that himself.

Remember last year when Conte was so smug telling him not to moan so much as though he was the master patronisingly schooling his student….Arteta didn’t react, he didn’t retort this year when we outclassed Spurs twice.

Pep’s interviews get more odd by the day, he has a strange over the top sarcasm to his interviews which in my view displays his insecurities about the press and in general people not giving him enough credit for what he’s done with City.

Post #377912  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:05 pm 

Rich wrote:
Saw someone mention online that Arteta never talks about other teams or other managers. Compare that to the amount of times he’s been mentioned or Arsenal talked about by others. I get that sometimes a question will be put directly about another club but you can choose to deflect that and not discuss that team.

Arteta has constantly professed the mantra that we talk about ourselves and the things we can control. Looks like he sticks to that himself.

Remember last year when Conte was so smug telling him not to moan so much as though he was the master patronisingly schooling his student….Arteta didn’t react, he didn’t retort this year when we outclassed Spurs twice.

Pep’s interviews get more odd by the day, he has a strange over the top sarcasm to his interviews which in my view displays his insecurities about the press and in general people not giving him enough credit for what he’s done with City.

Most of the managers love the praise when it’s all going well and are all swinging big dicks but when it turns around they hate the press. For that reason I can’t stand Klopp at all. Peps got a massive ego but has earnt it. That’s why I liked Wenger and managers like Guus Hiddick(!) sorry not sure how to spell it. They make intelligent comments and don’t promote themselves.

Post #377913  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 pm 

Not happening for Vieira at Palace at the moment. We’ve got them at the weekend….

Post #377914  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
Not happening for Vieira at Palace at the moment. We’ve got them at the weekend….

They are down to their 3rd choice keeper. We should have far too much for them.

Post #377915  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:14 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

City didn't exactly blitz them. These are just the type of games that will cost us the title if we go with an attitude of 'we just have to turn up'

Post #377916  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:57 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
dec wrote:

City didn't exactly blitz them. These are just the type of games that will cost us the title if we go with an attitude of 'we just have to turn up'

Guaita was playing against City. He now has a hamstring injury which meant they had to give a 19 year old his debut tonight.

At home against a Palace team in poor form with a teenager in goal. It's not about thinking we just have to turn up, just acknowledging that they are not in a good position and if we play at our usual level, we should win comfortably.

Post #377917  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:36 am 

Dear Forumites,

Another year, another anniversary! Please just stop and reflect for 1 minute, as today is 18 years since the founder
of this Forum, our beloved Son has passed away!

When He started this Forum it was in the pioneering days of this concept, He was a visionary and we will never know
where He would have taken it, if He had the opportunity!

I would dearly like to know how many of you ( if any) were on his original site , more than 20 years ago!
I know some of the Forumites , who actually went to the games with Him have unfortunately passed away.

Our grandson, Steve's nephew will be at the game this Sunday.
Enjoy the Forum and may it go on, giving pleasure to all who love football and Arsenal!

Post #377918  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:21 am 

I think I joined the forum just before Steve passed and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for starting the forum. I am thrilled to be a part of his legacy as my love for our Arsenal has grown and grown. Okey we've had a few ding songs, in the main friendly but some headbangers too, you know who you are!
Steve's legacy will go on and on thanks to the mods and the great forumites like Bernard, I Fishbar, and Mee who have also passed but are also great missed.
God bless you too Judith.

Post #377919  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 am 

Yes it's been 18 years now ...

Post #377920  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:06 am 

Judith, I wasn't on the forum at the very beginning but certainly at an early stage. To the best of my recollection it was around 1998-1999 because we had discussions about losing Anelka. Steve would hand out suspensions to some posters if they got into a big argument. But it really was a pioneering time on the internet. I remember you had to enter a handle(name) at the top of your post or somewhere before putting down your post .

I know words cannot compensate for your loss. But can I thank you and Warrior for keeping this forum going and honouring it with his name. RIP Steve.

[ 390783 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9445, 9446, 9447, 9448, 9449, 9450, 9451 ... 9770  Next