Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 265 guests

Post #535881  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:54 am 

socrates wrote:
Our small squad might be good for morale but it means playing the same team in almost every game and with no real centre forward then we are a couple of injuries away from not being able to score.

Is it any different for Tottenham or Man Utd though? Take away Kane or Son for Spurs, or Ronaldo or Fernandes for Man Utd, and their respective top 4 hopes are gone. I think starting elevens are much more likely to determine who gets 4th place, and we have the best one of the three in my opinion.

Post #535882  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:59 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:
Our small squad might be good for morale but it means playing the same team in almost every game and with no real centre forward then we are a couple of injuries away from not being able to score.

Is it any different for Tottenham or Man Utd though? Take away Kane or Son for Spurs, or Ronaldo or Fernandes for Man Utd, and their respective top 4 hopes are gone. I think starting elevens are much more likely to determine who gets 4th place, and we have the best one of the three in my opinion.

It’s is I’m afraid. United take out ronaldo and can put in Cavani or rashford. We would have to put in Nketiah

After we make our subs aside from Emile Smith Rowe they rarely add much value to the performance therefore Arteta waits until there’s less than 20 minutes left or if a players legs have literally gone.

Post #535883  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:08 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
It’s is I’m afraid. United take out ronaldo and can put in Cavani or rashford. We would have to put in Nketiah

After we make our subs aside from Emile Smith Rowe they rarely add much value to the performance therefore Arteta waits until there’s less than 20 minutes left or if a players legs have literally gone.

Cavani has done absolutely nothing this season, and Rashford isn't a central striker. They're toast without Ronaldo, just like we are without Lacazette.

Talking about potential injuries just seem a bit pointless to me - it's all hypothetical, and we all have players who would be extremely hard to replace if they went down. What isn't hypothetical is that our starting eleven is better defensively, better structured, and better equipped to dictate the play in any given game, compared to Spurs and Man Utd.

Post #535884  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

Injuries and lady luck may well dictate how things pan out from here. We've got United, Spurs and Chelsea still to play and are probably more likely to get zero points out of those games than nine with two away from home, so that's at least some dropped points. I think 5 points out of those 3 games would be a very good outcome, especially if the win is against Spurs.

its just way too early to call, with too many tough hurdles to overcome and a squad lacking the depth to cope with injuries.

Post #535885  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 am 

socrates wrote:
Injuries and lady luck may well dictate how things pan out from here. We've got United, Spurs and Chelsea still to play and are probably more likely to get zero points out of those games than nine with two away from home, so that's at least some dropped points. I think 5 points out of those 3 games would be a very good outcome, especially if the win is against Spurs.

its just way too early to call, with too many tough hurdles to overcome and a squad lacking the depth to cope with injuries.

To early to call with certainty, sure. But it's not too early to say we're favorites. I just don't see any reason to assume we'll get a bunch of injuries while Spurs and Man Utd don't.

Having superior squad depth is a bit overrated anyway. Look at Liverpool and Man City - the squad depth of Man City means they'll win more than Liverpool over an extended period of time, but the strength of Liverpool's starting eleven has seen them challenge in 3 of the last 4 years now, without being close to having the same level of replacements.

Post #535886  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:24 am 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Cavani has done absolutely nothing this season, and Rashford isn't a central striker. They're toast without Ronaldo, just like we are without Lacazette.

Talking about potential injuries just seem a bit pointless to me - it's all hypothetical, and we all have players who would be extremely hard to replace if they went down. What isn't hypothetical is that our starting eleven is better defensively, better structured, and better equipped to dictate the play in any given game, compared to Spurs and Man Utd.

It is true what you have said about Cavani and Rashford but you'd still think the chances of them scoring some goals in the run in is higher than Nketiah, who doesn't yet have the confidence inspiring experience of regularly scoring PL goals. Ditto Moura at Spurs if Kane or Son get injured. I suppose we could play Martinelli at CF which isn't a bad option but a bit of a gamble.

We have the better structured and balanced team apart from having no CF and we have to accept that in tight games it might just boil down to who takes their chances and theres no doubt others have better striking options in terms of converting chances. Ronaldo and Kane are clinical in front of goal, Son is a very pacy and pretty good finisher.

That said, all the teams have scored a similar number of goals so far so who knows what will happen.

Post #535887  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:32 am 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I'm a bit less confident about that. Even if the first teams remain intact, Tottenham with Kane in the midst of a purple patch are a big worry. I don't feel as worried about United but they have players who could drag them to fourth.

The six point lead (if we win our game in hand) looks handy but very far from unassailable. I'd put us as slight favourites, but the not the odds-on favourites the bookies are making us.

Post #535888  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:33 am 

It’s almost impossible to anticipate results towards the end of the season. That’s typically the time when freak results abound.

Post #535889  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:34 am 

Decaf wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

I'm a bit less confident about that. Even if the first teams remain intact, Tottenham with Kane in the midst of a purple patch are a big worry. I don't feel as worried about United but they have players who could drag them to fourth.

The six point lead looks handy but very far from unassailable. I'd put us as slight favourites, but the not odds on favourites the bookies are making us yet.

Unfortunately we don’t have a six point lead.

Post #535890  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:42 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:

The six point lead looks handy but very far from unassailable. I'd put us as slight favourites, but the not odds on favourites the bookies are making us yet.

Unfortunately we don’t have a six point lead.

Indeed!

Post #535891  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:56 am 

socrates wrote:
It is true what you have said about Cavani and Rashford but you'd still think the chances of them scoring some goals in the run in is higher than Nketiah, who doesn't yet have the confidence inspiring experience of regularly scoring PL goals. Ditto Moura at Spurs if Kane or Son get injured. I suppose we could play Martinelli at CF which isn't a bad option but a bit of a gamble.

We have the better structured and balanced team apart from having no CF and we have to accept that in tight games it might just boil down to who takes their chances and theres no doubt others have better striking options in terms of converting chances. Ronaldo and Kane are clinical in front of goal, Son is a very pacy and pretty good finisher.

That said, all the teams have scored a similar number of goals so far so who knows what will happen.

They have the more clinical goalscorers for sure. Given the same amount of chances, Kane, Son and Ronaldo will score more goals than any of our players, I'm certainly not disputing that!

However, that's just one part of football. We could also ask ourselves what team is more likely to hang on to a one goal lead for the last 20 minutes of a game. What team is more likely to dominate the midfield? What team is more likely to effectively press their opponents and make it difficult for the opponent to build their attack? All of these things can make a difference in the run-in, it won't just be about taking chances.

Post #535892  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:08 am 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It’s not really about potential injuries because even if you don’t get any we will still need to use our squad to rest others via subs.

Our success is dependant on playing the same 11 players for every minute of every game until the end of the season. Feels like a deck of cards waiting to come down. Tiredness and fatigue is going to come into play massively over the next few weeks. I’m really surprised we managed to get through the last week without dropping more points.

Post #535893  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

They have the more clinical goalscorers for sure. Given the same amount of chances, Kane, Son and Ronaldo will score more goals than any of our players, I'm certainly not disputing that!

However, that's just one part of football. We could also ask ourselves what team is more likely to hang on to a one goal lead for the last 20 minutes of a game. What team is more likely to dominate the midfield? What team is more likely to effectively press their opponents and make it difficult for the opponent to build their attack? All of these things can make a difference in the run-in, it won't just be about taking chances.

I think keeping Thomas Partey fit is key, he is arguably our most important player given the way he has enabled us to dominate the midfield with some Vieira-like performances of late.

Post #535894  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:22 am 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

I think keeping Thomas Partey fit is key, he is arguably our most important player given the way he has enabled us to dominate the midfield with some Vieira-like performances of late.

100 percent. Keeping him on the pitch is critical as is Saka and Lacazette.

Every time one of those guys arent on the pitch their replacement are nowhere near as capable and you have a massive problem. Pray they don’t get injuries

Post #535895  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:24 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Our success is dependant on playing the same 11 players for every minute of every game until the end of the season.

This is a gross exaggeration though. We just beat Aston Villa, who are a good side, away with three backup players (Leno, Cédric and Smith-Rowe) starting. Tavares and Lokonga have shown they're talented and can put in good performances. Pépé scored 10 goals last season and was instrumental in us turning a loss into a win against Wolves. We have players that can contribute.

Looking at Spurs, they don't rotate much. Their last ten games they've had pretty much the same starting eleven, with Regulion and Doherty sometimes switching with Sessegnon and Royale. Hardly see that as making a big difference for them. Man Utd rotate a fair bit more, but that's probably more down to the fact that they haven't found an effective starting eleven yet, rather than wanting to keep things fresh. That's a much worse problem to have than lacking depth.

Post #535896  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:27 am 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Our success is dependant on playing the same 11 players for every minute of every game until the end of the season.

This is a gross exaggeration though. We just beat Aston Villa, who are a good side, away with three backup players (Leno, Cédric and Smith-Rowe) starting. Tavares and Lokonga have shown they're talented and can put in good performances. Pépé scored 10 goals last season and was instrumental in us turning a loss into a win against Wolves. We have players that can contribute.

Did you see Pepes contribution Saturday :laughing7: (surely it’s time to cut our losses, bloke can’t play in his own half)

Nketiah as well.

As soc just said take Partey out of this side and watch what happens.

Post #535897  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am 

https://twitter.com/HarrySymeou/status/ ... SUGIO53omg

Laura Woods with another clinical take down of a fellow presenter on Talksport. She's absolutely wasted on that show having to deal with morons like Jamie O'Hara and Gabby Agbonlahor.

Post #535898  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:34 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Did you see Pepes contribution Saturday :laughing7: (surely it’s time to cut our losses, bloke can’t play in his own half)

Nketiah as well.

As soc just said take Partey out of this side and watch what happens.

Did you see Pepes contribution against Wolves?

Nobody is disputing Partey would be a massive loss. What happens to Tottenham if Kane gets injured? I don't see how the fact that Partey and Saka are massively important players are such a disadvantage to us. Every team has players they can't afford to lose over a longer period of time.

Post #535899  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:38 am 

Back up players have played their part. Expecting players to come on for 20 minutes and be perfect each time is unrealistic. Pépé and Nketiah contributed massively to the Wolves win.

We were worried what we'd do without Ramsdale, leno stepped in.

We were terrified what would happen if Tomiyasu got injured, Cédric has stepped in and stepped up

Holding has a role to step in and secure wins for us now.

Our games are going to be knife edge games, as a lot are towards the end of the season. I think you'll even see City and Liverpool have a few 1 goal victories in the run-in. So I don't expect us to score loads and blast teams away. The team have a set up where other players can step in and whilst they may not be as good as the player in the first 11 they know the shape and system. Yes it would be tough if we lost Partey or Saka or Gabriel but that is exactly the same if not more so for Kane and Son

Post #535900  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:46 am 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

I think our games are harder. I take the point Bernard made about teams at the bottom fighting against relegation playing sometimes being tougher than midtable sides with nothing to play for - but realistically the bottom clubs are just worse. The bottom 5 in the league have only collectively won 5 of their last 25 games. I would much rather be playing Norwich away than playing Palace away. Norwich and Leeds have conceded nearly 30 more goals than Palace. Palace have genuine individual talent that can hurt you. If you're dropping points to teams who have battled relegation all season it isn't because they've suddenly become good footballers it is purely down to their desire which should be the minimum you should match when our goals of top 4 are equally important as theirs not to be relegated.

Post #535901  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:47 am 

Rich wrote:
https://twitter.com/HarrySymeou/status/1505827311878381570?s=20&t=-LGvFD5gpgrTSUGIO53omg

Laura Woods with another clinical take down of a fellow presenter on Talksport. She's absolutely wasted on that show having to deal with morons like Jamie O'Hara and Gabby Agbonlahor.

The whole thing about celebrations is the weirdest discussion to come along in a long time. Why even bother watching if you're only allowed to celebrate something like three wins every season? Nobody can moan about Arsenal celebrating too much with any sort of consistency, as that clip clearly shows.

I watched the second half of Everton - Newcastle last week. It was obviously a hugely important win for Everton, but they're not clear of relegation yet, and even being in a relegation fight is way below any expectation they should have as a club. However, when Iwobi scored, it was a sight to behold watching the whole arena explode in a roar louder than anything I've heard in a long time. Surely that sort of thing is the whole point with football, and why so many of us all over the world spend so much time watching it.

Post #535902  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:16 am 

Those comments from Gerrard on Saka was really bizarre stuff. Does he actually think the fact that he had 16 operations throughout his career is a good argument for why you can't complain about the level of refereeing in the PL?

Post #535903  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Those comments from Gerrard on Saka was really bizarre stuff. Does he actually think the fact that he had 16 operations throughout his career is a good argument for why you can't complain about the level of refereeing in the PL?

I thought Gerrard was a more progressive modern young coach but answers like this plus his very chippy post match interview telling the interviewer he thought he'd have better questions for him than he did shows that he's far from it and will easily fall in to the 'good old british manager' mould, all we need is hard work, tough tackling and getting in their faces!

He's fallen in to the typical response of 'didn't arsenal commit any fouls today then', and 'last time I checked tackles were allowed' It is just tiresome now. Yes clean tackles are allowed, but fouls are not. If your relying on the foul count to determine who was and wasn't dirty in the game then you're too simple to reason with.

Gerrard will know better than most when players are targeting a skillful player on the opposition with rough tackling and rotational fouling. Also tackles like the one Mings did on Saka are cowards tackles in my view. Mings knows hes going to get the ball first and he is absolutely able to win the ball without following through as he did on Saka - he knows that as does everyone who has ever played football. In these situations always ask yourself would Mings have pulled out if that was his own teammate he was going to crash in to? Would he have left his studs there to connect with the ankle? Or would have have tried to minimise the impact as much as possible? Players hide behind getting the ball first as a way to leave something on an opponent and it was refreshingly and rightfully called a yellow card

Post #535904  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:49 pm 

Pleased for Aaron Ramsey who got his first goal for Rangers in their win against Dundee yesterday. He’s actually had a difficult time at Ibrox and hasn’t done well enough to be a regular starter in that many games. There was talk of him returning to Arsenal and I think we dodged a bullet when he didn’t.

But I’m pleased for him now he’s scored for Rangers

Post #535905  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:11 pm 

Why hasnt our game against Spurs been announced yet???
Surely they know what midweeks are free for the both of us seeing as we are not in any cups or europe.
i think this is sky/bt just waiting for the prime opportunity to maximise the coverage and have us as close in the table as possible so it can be dressed up as a top 4 decider.

Post #535906  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:23 pm 

https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/stat ... w02pbunH-w

Ref expert Dermot Gallagher being asked why Xhaka was booked. his explanation is 'it was one he had coming, rather than him being picked on'

It is utterly laughable and needs to be questioned very vocally!

Post #535907  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:28 pm 

david.d wrote:
Surely they know what midweeks are free for the both of us seeing as we are not in any cups or europe.
i think this is sky/bt just waiting for the prime opportunity to maximise the coverage and have us as close in the table as possible so it can be dressed up as a top 4 decider.

Based on the calendar I think this will be played on Wednesday May 11th.
This is after our weekend game v Leeds and after Spurs weekend game v Liverpool. Looking at those fixtures and the others that weekend the Liverpool v Spurs game would be prime for a TV slot, hopefully the late sunday game to give us the extra days rest. Of course we might get bumped to Sunday and Liverpool v Spurs takes the early saturday kick off.

But yes, TV is definitely scheduling the game as late as possible. It was postponed before our liverpool and chelsea games were postponed but both of those got rescheduled in earlier slots.

Post #535908  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:36 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/status/1505885339293929477?s=20&t=qb3KjafKgQ7Ew02pbunH-w

Ref expert Dermot Gallagher being asked why Xhaka was booked. his explanation is 'it was one he had coming, rather than him being picked on'

Hearing former refs talk like that really puzzles me, and makes me question what referees are taught. What does it even mean, 'he had one coming'? Are we to understand that a player is being deliberately judged on things that have happened in previous games? Because Xhaka didn't have a single foul before his yellow card, so it can hardly have been something that had happened in the Villa game.

I just don't understand how they can't see what they're saying is ludicrous, and makes for a completely arbitrary application of the rules. Just judge the situation - is the challenge worthy of a yellow card, then give it. If it's not, it doesn't matter if the player broke someone's leg three weeks prior.

Post #535909  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:01 pm 

Some good news about refs at least, Mike Dean is retiring at the end of the season.

Post #535910  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:11 pm 

Rich wrote:
david.d wrote:

Based on the calendar I think this will be played on Wednesday May 11th.
This is after our weekend game v Leeds and after Spurs weekend game v Liverpool. Looking at those fixtures and the others that weekend the Liverpool v Spurs game would be prime for a TV slot, hopefully the late sunday game to give us the extra days rest. Of course we might get bumped to Sunday and Liverpool v Spurs takes the early saturday kick off.

But yes, TV is definitely scheduling the game as late as possible. It was postponed before our liverpool and chelsea games were postponed but both of those got rescheduled in earlier slots.

Excluding the North London derby, as things stand the dates of the two clubs planned fixtures are as follows.

ARSENAL
4th April
9th April
16th April
20th April
23rd April
1st May
7th May
15th May
22nd May

TOTTENHAM
3rd April
9th April
16th April
23rd April
30th April
7th May
15th May
22nd May

Between weekends with games, the Wednesdays (I’m excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays) with no games currently planned in those midweeks for either club are

13th April
27th April
4th May
11th May
18th May

You could well be right that 11th May will be the date selected Rich. But any of the others look equally suitable.

Post #535911  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:18 pm 

Two things to our advantage. We are playing better than sperz week in, week out per the form table. And with regards to the prior statement, I don't see sperz showing up each week. It remains to be seen if they are taking 4th place as serious as we are.

Post #535912  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:41 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Some good news about refs at least, Mike Dean is retiring at the end of the season.

I saw this news.....but then saw people suggest he could easily end up as the next head of refs taking Mike Riley's job! Anything really is better than Mike bl**dy Riley - he of the most biased ref performance I've ever witnessed - but Mike Dean and his brand of 'look at me' isn't exactly the step in the sweeping change I'd want to see at the head of the PGMOL. Perhaps Mike retires in to anonymity and spends more time on the terraces at Tranmere

Post #535913  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Between weekends with games, the Wednesdays (I’m excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays) with no games currently planned in those midweeks for either club are

13th April
27th April
4th May
11th May
18th May

You could well be right that 11th May will be the date selected Rich. But any of the others look equally suitable.

I think the first 4 midweek dates on your list clash with Champions League midweeks (QF and SF) and UEFA are quite strict on not having domestic matches on CL midweeks wherever possible. Sky would want the NLD on TV and for it to not clash with a big CL night - so I think that's why it will end up on May 11th

Post #535914  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:07 pm 

Chelsea and Man Utd are the only games I can see us losing. Chelsea are better than us. Not by a great deal but good enough. And for whatever reason, Man Utd seem to have our number more times than not, too many times more than not. If we come to play (and I doubt we won't) the level that outplayed Liverpool a few times for significant parts of games and played City tough, then we can beat both.

I'm seeing a draw or win against sperz. As for the others, very tough fixtures, toon, Soton, Palace, but we have it in us to win. The problem is playing that intensely week in, week out for the remainder of the campaign.

Post #535915  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:08 pm 

...forgot about Ramsdale. If he's out for a while, its not good obviously. How bad remainst to be seen but most teams would love to have a quality back up like Leno.

Post #535916  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:21 pm 

Saliba has received his first call up to the French national team to replace the injured Pavard. We need to extend his contract this summer.

Post #535917  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:27 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Chelsea and Man Utd are the only games I can see us losing. Chelsea are better than us. Not by a great deal but good enough. And for whatever reason, Man Utd seem to have our number more times than not, too many times more than not. If we come to play (and I doubt we won't) the level that outplayed Liverpool a few times for significant parts of games and played City tough, then we can beat both.

I'm seeing a draw or win against sperz. As for the others, very tough fixtures, toon, Soton, Palace, but we have it in us to win. The problem is playing that intensely week in, week out for the remainder of the campaign.

Chelsea away and Spurs away are the toughest. I think Palace away could prove tougher than Man U at home. I just have a feeling that we will be bang up for that Man U game, the home crowd will be right on it and so will the players - we've blitzed Man U a few times at home recently with high press, high tempo, high workrate. Our system is better than theirs but they have those individuals who can pull something out - similar to Spurs.

I expect us to win our 4 remaining home games, but the 6 away games are tough

Post #535918  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 pm 

Hazuki wrote:

Only on field retirement. He'll be full on with VAR in a full time role.

Post #535919  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:54 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:
https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/status/1505885339293929477?s=20&t=qb3KjafKgQ7Ew02pbunH-w

Hearing former refs talk like that really puzzles me, and makes me question what referees are taught. What does it even mean, 'he had one coming'? Are we to understand that a player is being deliberately judged on things that have happened in previous games? Because Xhaka didn't have a single foul before his yellow card, so it can hardly have been something that had happened in the Villa game.

I just don't understand how they can't see what they're saying is ludicrous, and makes for a completely arbitrary application of the rules. Just judge the situation - is the challenge worthy of a yellow card, then give it. If it's not, it doesn't matter if the player broke someone's leg three weeks prior.

These 'ref watch' features are terrible as well. All the likes of Gallagher and Walton do is find some way to justify or agree with the decision on the pitch. How can their bosses at the TV companies be happy with that? I realise not every pundit is picked for their insight on the game, some are personalities and some are just outspoken and controversial because it generates interest, but these ex refs don't even have that to fall back on. What is the point?

Also, what is the point of the journalist/presenter asking the questions. If you've asked Gallagher to clarify in his opinion why Xhaka got a yellow card for persistent fouling for his first foul why is he accepting the answer of 'he had it coming'? Challenge him properly on it. What does that mean?

Analysis of football and interviews of people who's opinions are supposedly expert are absolutely terrible.

Post #535920  Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:

13th April
27th April
4th May
11th May
18th May

I think the first 4 midweek dates on your list clash with Champions League midweeks (QF and SF) and UEFA are quite strict on not having domestic matches on CL midweeks wherever possible. Sky would want the NLD on TV and for it to not clash with a big CL night - so I think that's why it will end up on May 11th

If that’s the case I’m sure you’ll be right. There’s arguably not much of an alternative option.

[ 563336 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13395, 13396, 13397, 13398, 13399, 13400, 13401 ... 14084  Next