Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 281 guests

Post #536321  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:43 pm 

There is still nothing on Arsenal.com about Trossard deal. Until I see that he could end up anywhere including Chelsea.

Post #536322  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

You sure about that? The replay I saw shows a perfect tackle and contact with the ball. Correct decision imo.

I thought that too. 1 of the angles showed he got a slight toe to the ball first.

Sky were behaving like it was a great injustice. Not sure

Didn't see lots of replays so must have missed the toe. Having done a bit more research it appears the decision was denied as there wasn't a 'clear and obvious error'. A rule that I think just allows subjectivity.

Richarlison got away with an outstretched arm for Totts which seemed a bit dodgy. So could have been 5-2.

Post #536323  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:48 pm 

Rich wrote:
Trossard signs a 4 year deal, turned down 2 other clubs. If it gets sorted before midday tomorrow he can be in the match squad for Man U. Not sure how much football he’s played recently with the World Cup and then the falling out at Brighton.
Can play all across the front 3, best position is from the left.

I’d love to get another player in and then go back for our main targets in the summer but we’ve a real chance of the title this season, if ever there was a chance to win we need to push right now

4 year deal for a 28 year old seems a bit out of the youth mould but he's a handy player who can cover multiple positions so will be a good squad addition. Especially for Jan and giving us some options to the end of this season. Only reservation I have is that De Zerbi publicly called out his work rate as the issue that led to him not being selected and then falling out which Arteta wouldn't tolerate either. https://www.espn.com.au/football/soccer ... rd-sources

Post #536324  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
There is still nothing on Arsenal.com about Trossard deal. Until I see that he could end up anywhere including Chelsea.

How's things going up your way Gaz? did that predicated 1m of rain materialise?

Post #536325  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:12 am 

Rich wrote:
If Spurs do lose Kane this summer is there much stopping them becoming a genuine mid table team? Most games I’ve watched them this season they’ve looked mid table, they’ve had some fortunate results to pick up some points but I’ve been more impressed with Fulham and Brighton who at least look to seize the initiative in games.

By the way, win our two games in hand over Spurs in 5th and we’d be 20 points clear of them.

Agreed, they're a very average team with a good front 3. Both Son and Kane have rescued them on countless occasions and seem to be performing well below where they were even 6 months ago. Kane leaves and Son doesn't get those through balls or link up play anymore because they don't have any creativity in midfield to provide it. I can also see Conte throwing a Mourinho and moving to the exit if they don't make top 4.

The media love in for Tottenham and Conte also seems to be on a rapid nosedive.... :1laughter: https://www.espn.com.au/video/clip?id=4856248

Post #536326  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:53 am 

Rich wrote:
Hoping Palace can get something tonight, a yellow card for Casemiro would be nice as he’d then be banned for our game

Your wish is answered

Post #536327  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:22 am 

Decaf wrote:
Hopeless. One wonders what Conte said at half-time.

I'm good at these .

Italian accent ... "" okay I donna like eet dat you score two goals .... we helping the Arrsseneeel to win the titell .
So ...let Manchester score a four goals in dis half .... okay ""....... ...claps his hands , gives everyone a little pat on the bum

Post #536328  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:26 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Italian accent ... "" okay I donna like eet dat you score two goals .... we helping the Arrsseneeel to win the titell .
So ...let Manchester score a four goals in dis half .... okay ""....... ...claps his hands , gives everyone a little pat on the bum

The Irish Bic Lighter

Paddy and Sean were fishing on the Irish shoreline when Paddy pulled out a cigar.

Finding he had no matches, he asked Sean for a light.

'Ya, shure, I haff a lighter,' Sean said with an Irish accent, before reaching into his tackle box & pulling out a Bic lighter, 10 inches long.

'My God, man!' exclaimed Paddy, taking the huge Bic Lighter in his hands. 

'Where'd yew git dat monster?'

'Well,' replied Sean, 'I got it from my Genie.'

'You haff a fecking Genie?' Paddy asked.

'Ya, shure. He’s right here in my tackle Box,' says Sean.

'Could I see him?'

Sean opens his tackle box & sure enough, out pops the Genie.

Addressing the Genie, Paddy says: 'Hey dere! I'm a good pal of your master. Will you grant me one wish?'

'Yes, I will.' says the Genie.

So Paddy asks the Genie for a million bucks.

The Genie disappears back into the tackle box leaving Bob sitting there waiting for his million bucks.

Shortly, the Irish sky darkens & is filled with the sound of a million ducks ...... flying directly overhead.

Over the roar of the million ducks Paddy yells at Sean: 'What the hell? I asked for a million bucks, not a million ducks!'

Sean answers: 'Ya, I forgot to tell yew dat da Genie is a wee bit hard of hearing. Do yew really tink I asked for a 10 inch Bic?

Post #536329  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:52 am 

grantyboy wrote:

4 year deal for a 28 year old seems a bit out of the youth mould but he's a handy player who can cover multiple positions so will be a good squad addition. Especially for Jan and giving us some options to the end of this season. Only reservation I have is that De Zerbi publicly called out his work rate as the issue that led to him not being selected and then falling out which Arteta wouldn't tolerate either.

I honestly prefer Trossard to Mudryk ... the latter is all pace and smash , the former has far better close control and can unlock Newcastle park the bus type defences . He already knows the league no adjustment needed .

I'm also very impressed by our negotiating team in that they have not sat around weeping bucket loads of tears over opportunities lost , on to Plan B grabbed a very good player for modest money .

Your reservation I don't see as an issue Trossard is only a young bloke he'd make mistakes maybe not handle himself as well as he could have ; but I see that as a positive he is far more likely to knuckle down and prove the doubters wrong

Take the example of Aussie rugby league player Matt Lodge ...... all sorts of strive at the Broncos , then issues at the Warriors , gets another chance at the Roosters grabs it with both hands and is now probably one of the best props in Australia , should have gone to the World Cup

Post #536330  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:56 am 

warrior wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

The Irish Bic Lighter

Paddy and Sean were fishing on the Irish shoreline when Paddy pulled out a cigar.

Finding he had no matches, he asked Sean for a light.

'Ya, shure, I haff a lighter,' Sean said with an Irish accent, before reaching into his tackle box & pulling out a Bic lighter, 10 inches long.

Over the roar of the million ducks Paddy yells at Sean: 'What the hell? I asked for a million bucks, not a million ducks!'

Sean answers: 'Ya, I forgot to tell yew dat da Genie is a wee bit hard of hearing. Do yew really tink I asked for a 10 inch Bic?

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #536331  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:18 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

How's things going up your way Gaz? did that predicated 1m of rain materialise?

Townsville was pretty good. I think we had 325mm in 3 days and then about another 70 in the next 2 days. Nothing to worry about but dam is full now and the city wouldn’t need another inundation. I had some surgery on a melanoma and BCC this week so I don’t actually want too many dramas as I have limited movement.

But all is good, we are top of the table, playing well and no doctor has recommended any of your old man’s remedies for my sun cancers.

Post #536332  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:52 am 

Presumably he was talking about needing sperz to take points off us when we were competing for the title, but I recall Roy Keane once said something to the effect 'You can always count on Tottenham to lose when you don't want them to'.

Granted City turned it on but still. It's embarrassing. I wonder how much longer Conte has?

Post #536333  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:45 am 

trossard vs us

Post #536334  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:10 am 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/11d1 ... 6c3a0125e3

Interesting read about Arsenal and Man U and specifically that the big 6 ‘can’t fail’, as in no matter how bad they are there is an easy fix that takes them back up winning things again.
I think that certainly applies to Man U, City, Chelsea because of the money they can spend and in particular the money they can throw at quickly tidying up their mistakes never having to suffer the consequence (Lukaku a £100m signing out on loan after 1 poor season!!) but for Arsenal, we suffered some poor seasons but have pulled ourselves out of it by astute signings on a budget, a very good academy and hiring a fantastic forward thinking modern coach (and background team) who have transformed everything about us in the last 3 years. To mark that process as seemingly inevitable simply because we’re a top 6 club is doing a huge disservice to us

Post #536335  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:45 am 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/noni-ma ... ler/503987

Madueke to chelsea looks likely, this is his recent injury record. It is a risk

Post #536336  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:48 am 

Trossard at Colney already, Arsenal pushing to get this done before the 12pm deadline so he can be in the squad to face Man U. Surely the thought of him coming off the bench to score a last minute winner is too much to ask right?

Post #536337  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:25 am 

Arteta’s assistant Albert Stuivenberg coached Trossard when he was the manager of Genk in 2017

Post #536338  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:33 am 

Wacthing clips of Trossard the first thing that strikes me is how two footed he is. If he has an opportunity he just takes it no matter which foot it is on. Nothing more infuriating than a professional footballer passing up a strike at goal with their weaker foot in order to slowly manipulate it on to their stronger side.

Martinelli and Saka also both happy going on the outside to their weaker side

Post #536339  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:34 am 

Rich wrote:
Trossard at Colney already, Arsenal pushing to get this done before the 12pm deadline so he can be in the squad to face Man U. Surely the thought of him coming off the bench to score a last minute winner is too much to ask right?

A winner of any sort and from any source will do me. Anything else is gravy!

Post #536340  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:35 am 

Trossard will be Arteta's 8th signing from another premier league club. As many as we made in the 11 years previous. There is a slight premium to buy within the prem league but the oven ready player helps massively

Post #536341  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:44 am 

Rich wrote:
Wacthing clips of Trossard the first thing that strikes me is how two footed he is. If he has an opportunity he just takes it no matter which foot it is on. Nothing more infuriating than a professional footballer passing up a strike at goal with their weaker foot in order to slowly manipulate it on to their stronger side.

Martinelli and Saka also both happy going on the outside to their weaker side

He looked decent at the WC, and his highlight reel does look good, even by the standards of highlight reels. Slippery, technically excellent and with good awareness.

Post #536342  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:45 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
trossard vs us

Hi AG,

Trossard is not the most exciting signing we've ever made but he's one of the most sensible. PL proven at the peak of his career and possessing the technical skill necessary to play the way we do and at a reasonable price.

Post #536343  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:50 am 

Rich wrote:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/noni-madueke/verletzungen/spieler/503987

Madueke to chelsea looks likely, this is his recent injury record. It is a risk

Hi Rich,

One thing fascinates me. How are Chelsea going to get all these unwanted players on big wages out the door. We did it by basically giving players away, will they have to do the same?

There is not much money in europe. PSG, Real and Bayern are still able to spend big but they probably wont want any of Chelsea's cast-offs. That leaves selling to teams in the PL and even they might not be able to pay the wages the players want.

Post #536344  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:57 am 

Not looking good for Reiss Nelson, is it?

Post #536345  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:02 am 

Chelsea's policy of hoovering up all the best young talent around is interesting. How are they able to do it when other clubs are unable to. Aren't our owners richer than Chelsea's for example?

Post #536346  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:16 am 

socrates wrote:

Trossard is not the most exciting signing we've ever made but he's one of the most sensible. PL proven at the peak of his career and possessing the technical skill necessary to play the way we do and at a reasonable price.

We only have to look at Zinchenko. Football wise he's a very unsexy signing but he's turned out to be an absoloute master stroke.

Post #536347  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:48 am 

DHD wrote:

And I don’t think that Pépé will be back at any point.

There was an extreme example of ‘not ready for the Premier League’. The big surprise to me was that he never adapted at all. Just shows the risks involved.

Post #536348  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:24 am 

Trossard is a very good dribbler and the type of player that seems a fit. Dare I say a bit of Jesus about him. They don't seem too dissimilar.

Remains to be seen but its a big boost on the face of it.

Post #536349  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:45 am 

DHD wrote:

Not looking good for him but also if Trossard is predominately left sided I can see him evolving into an able deputy for martinelli so where does Emile Smith Rowe get minutes ?

Post #536350  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:56 am 

Now we are signing Jakub Kiwior

Polish centre back. Don’t know the slightest thing about him.

Arteta likes collecting defenders like George did.

Post #536351  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:11 pm 

Wow we’ve wrapped that up quick. 20 million and flying in this weekend. I do honestly wonder if that money would have been better served on a midfielder like Tielemans

40 million spent in January then.

Post #536352  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:27 pm 

5 good players who can play at centre back and desperate for a midfielder ! Let’s sign a centre back!

That’s the Arsenal way.

Post #536353  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:27 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Wow we’ve wrapped that up quick. 20 million and flying in this weekend. I do honestly wonder if that money would have been better served on a midfielder like Tielemans

Wow, where did that one come from. Never even heard of him.

Quite odd in that it seems to be a position where we are relatively OK at the moment.

Maybe we thought it was now or never if other clubs were sniffing around.

I wonder if this would have been done had we got Mudryk.

I expect Chelsea are preparing a last ditch bid even though they've no idea who he is either.

Post #536354  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:35 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Quite odd in that it seems to be a position where we are relatively OK at the moment.

A new centre back was always on the cards at some point.

Apparently Arteta hates the concept of a right footed LCB play out from the back with his right.

Just feels weird because we need midfield cover

Post #536355  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:47 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
5 good players who can play at centre back and desperate for a midfielder ! Let’s sign a centre back!

That’s the Arsenal way.

It worked with Colin Pates. Trust the process.

Post #536356  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:48 pm 

socrates wrote:

I expect Chelsea are preparing a last ditch bid even though they've no idea who he is either.

:laughing7:

Post #536357  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:11 pm 

Jakub Kiwior Polish CB from Spezia - reports are we're closing in on him, 20m euros, he's 20, left footed and seems flexible in being able to play left back as well
https://www.football365.com/news/arsena ... diaby-list

Edit: Romano says it is a done deal
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... gr%5Etweet

may be the end for Holding - and almost certainly allows Cédric to join Fulham this window

Post #536358  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:14 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Apparently EDU went to Poland and wrapped it up.

Since the mudryk transfer debacle EDU paid to attend one of Andrew Tates hustlers university online courses and feels more masculine and decisive which helped get this one done. :58big-emoticons:

Post #536359  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:17 pm 

Fresneda is another to keep an eye on, 18 year old right back - in the £18m range. A few teams interested, not least Newcastle.

Post #536360  Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Now we are signing Jakub Kiwior

Polish centre back. Don’t know the slightest thing about him.

Arteta likes collecting defenders like George did.

Feels like Holding and Tierney could be off in the summer. I'd be reluctant to release them without a clear plan but they don't seem to fit in the Arteta's style of play. We should be able to get £15m for Holding and £30m at least for Tierney

[ 551322 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13406, 13407, 13408, 13409, 13410, 13411, 13412 ... 13784  Next