Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, warrior and 292 guests

Post #530881  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:07 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
Well, didn't expect that but the Saudi's grab a point. Good result for us.

Pi**s poor game apart from that late Geordie flurry hitting the post and having an Averone [ ? ] curler tipped away .

Ronaldo and Cavani look ready for the retirement home ....how the hell did that Manc rabble beat us . Would love a re - match with them and Everton .

Offload Aubameyang , Pépé , Nketiah and Maitland Niles in January That brings in 30 40 20 20 ...... that's 110 mill could buy us a decent striker with cash left over .

Post #530882  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:08 am 

I came across this randomly. Vinnie Jones vs. Roy Keane..brielfly..

My favorite Vinnie Jones scene

Didn't like the background for this one.

and I hate when rival fans get plauded in movies and TV shows. I hate this scene.

Post #530883  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:13 am 

kiwipete wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Well, didn't expect that but the Saudi's grab a point. Good result for us.

Pi**s poor game apart from that late Geordie flurry hitting the post and having an Averone [ ? ] curler tipped away .

Ronaldo and Cavani look ready for the retirement home ....how the hell did that Manc rabble beat us . Would love a re - match with them and Everton .

Offload Aubameyang , Pépé , Nketiah and Maitland Niles in January That brings in 30 40 20 20 ...... that's 110 mill could buy us a decent striker with cash left over .

Buying Ronaldo was crazy. I've got nothing against Ronaldo but they were beginning to find a bit of cohesion before that, younger players coming through, etc. and now they have created a mess that I doubt Rangnick can fix.

Post #530884  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:34 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hoping Soton can get the businsess done against the scum. I recall years ago, a punter at the pub in LA said to bet against the top clubs when they visit Soton. And especially the Toon because they have to travel the farthest. Distance ,he said plays a part in results more times than not. But Soton always seemed to be tough at home, not sure if they still are but I'm hoping so.

Sadly, I fear that Spurs will win this one, despite the grueling 80 mile journey. But here's hoping!

Post #530885  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:36 am 

Decaf wrote:
Buying Ronaldo was crazy. I've got nothing against Ronaldo but they were beginning to find a bit of cohesion before that, younger players coming through, etc. and now they have created a mess that I doubt Rangnick can fix.
Could be worse - manager of the England cricketers! I fancy Ronaldo to bat better than our lot...

Post #530886  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Could be worse - manager of the England cricketers! I fancy Ronaldo to bat better than our lot...

The strange thing is that this is not a very good bowling side from an Australian perspective . When the pressure is on they often lose their discipline. I was out for coffee and to put in my lotto. Left just as the game started today. By the time I was finished it was all over - I was shocked when I heard it on the radio. As it turned out the last 2 wicket partnerships for Australia took the game away from England who I thought got back into the game yesterday. I haven’t watched much cricket in recent years but the new COVID outbreak means it’s better to remain at home.

Post #530887  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:17 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Decaf wrote:

That is quite a hammering :26surprise:

Post #530888  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:29 am 

Decaf wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Ronaldo and Cavani look ready for the retirement home

Irresistible marketing ploy Decaf ... all those extra shirts sold world wide , bums on seats at other stadia . Still got the pulling power as witnessed in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHz82I8 ... veLifeLoud

but problems come from several directions
[a] his age is catching up with him
[b] a winter in Manchester / England will be a lot tougher than swanning around in Madrid / Juventus
[c] he will become more disillusioned with the calibre of his team mates .

He's still got it ; just his team mates are so f^^%%$##$ budget .

They made Xhaka look like Messi with some of their passing .... and one shot Rashford had on goal , Douglas Bader could have done better .

Post #530889  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:45 am 

Decaf wrote:

Their transfer dealings in the summer were nothing short of mental - spending all that money (in wages and transfer fees) on Sancho and Ronaldo for positions where they already had good cover while neglecting their weak midfield and not doing enough to strengthen their mediocre defense was serious dereliction of duty on their part. Hopefully we can take advantage of that, things are really looking up with the way our team is performing.

Post #530890  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:24 am 

United signing ronaldo was a massive mistake. It’s like the whole team has to develop its style of play around this 37 year old who’s there to score the tap ins and free kicks off the back of others hard work and not only that but milk the adulation for it.

It’s like an extended testimonial for 3 years and the problem they have is that because of his ego they can’t drop him. It’s brilliant :laughing7:

It’s like they are where we were under emery when we were trying to get better results out of players not good enough or past their best without realising wholesale change was needed.

Don’t get me wrong I’d still take plenty of their players and they probably will finish above us but when I look at them it feels like they need to rip up the old plan and start again like we have this season.

Post #530891  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:48 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Don’t get me wrong I’d still take plenty of their players and they probably will finish above us but when I look at them it feels like they need to rip up the old plan and start again like we have this season.

I’d take Greenwood in a heartbeat. He’d be dynamite in our young front line. Sancho is clearly talented but not being used properly, and Bruno is a great attacking kid who gets goals and assists. Other than that I’m not sure I’d take many others, or can see any who are clearly better than what we have in terms of current ability or potential.

For me, we’re building a team, the plan is clear. Man U have collected individual talents as part of a vanity project of being Manchester United but had no plan for how they would play or compliment each other.

Post #530892  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:54 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I’d take Greenwood in a heartbeat. He’d be dynamite in our young front line. Sancho is clearly talented but not being used properly, and Bruno is a great attacking kid who gets goals and assists. Other than that I’m not sure I’d take many others, or can see any who are clearly better than what we have in terms of current ability or potential.

For me, we’re building a team, the plan is clear. Man U have collected individual talents as part of a vanity project of being Manchester United but had no plan for how they would play or compliment each other.

To be honest we’d probably take maguire and rashford too. I’d certainly swap rashford out for Lacazette.

Those aside there’s not much else and their full backs are really unspectacular.

Post #530893  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:59 am 

Big no to Coutinho for me if these rumours of him coming on loan are true.
Summer recruitment was superb.
We should steer clear of these 'ageing superstars' on big money.
Coutinho is a good player but no thanks.
Ødegaard and Smith Rowe are our future.

Post #530894  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:46 pm 

david.d wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. Coutinho was excellent at Liverpool and has lived off his time there ever since.

Post #530895  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:10 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

To be honest we’d probably take maguire and rashford too. I’d certainly swap rashford out for Lacazette.

Those aside there’s not much else and their full backs are really unspectacular.

Although Lacazette is certainly doing a job for us. Almost the opposite of what Ronaldo is doing--a lot of the work that it is allowing others to get the goals.

Post #530896  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:31 pm 

Bernard wrote:
david.d wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. Coutinho was excellent at Liverpool and has lived off his time there ever since.

No way. Coutinho shouldn't be considered at all. Past his sell by.

Post #530897  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:56 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Irresistible marketing ploy Decaf ... all those extra shirts sold world wide , bums on seats at other stadia . Still got the pulling power as witnessed in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHz82I8 ... veLifeLoud

but problems come from several directions
[a] his age is catching up with him
[b] a winter in Manchester / England will be a lot tougher than swanning around in Madrid / Juventus
[c] he will become more disillusioned with the calibre of his team mates .

He's still got it ; just his team mates are so f^^%%$##$ budget .

They made Xhaka look like Messi with some of their passing .... and one shot Rashford had on goal , Douglas Bader could have done better .

Turin in winter is a lot colder than Manchester.

Post #530898  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:57 pm 

david.d wrote:

:53big-emoticons: This a 1000 times.

Post #530899  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:15 pm 

Man Utd have a much better squad than we have. They finished second last year. Shaw, Varane, Maguire, Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford, Ronaldo. Their central midfield is a mess and they were neither a possession or pressing team under Solskjaer. Ronaldo is definitely a problem because of what they are paying him and how they have elevated him to be their main player. If Rangnick sorts that, a single transfer window will fix the midfield.

Post #530900  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:27 pm 

So, who do we think hasn't the highest ceiling, the biggest potential?:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Personally, I genuinely don't have a clue. They all have great attributes and some weaknesses but I couldn't say with any degree of certainty who will have the biggest career.

Post #530901  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:36 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Personally, I genuinely don't have a clue. They all have great attributes and some weaknesses but I couldn't say with any degree of certainty who will have the biggest career.

Hi Soc,

I would say Saka has the highest ceiling. He is a natural dribbler. At his age, he is already a player that fullbacks won't want to face without help from team-mates. He scores goals and is an intelligent player. I think he has everything you need in a wide forward. As he plays more and more games he could feasibly become super-confident, the way Salah is now, and terrorise defences on his own.

Post #530902  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:36 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Just a general feeling but I’d suggest Ødegaard right now.

He’s showing a consistency now but also he possesses that visionary passing attribute like De bruyne where he sees a pass nobody else can before it has happened. Very hard to coach that and people pay big money for players like that. If he keeps up his current form he will start getting the attention of European giants

Post #530903  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:43 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Hi Soc
In the nicest possible way I don't care!!
Just so happy they are all ours.
I dearly hope there are goings on behind the scenes to be tying down saka and martinelli to new contracts.
We are ok with Smith Rowe and Ødegaard who have recently signed but saka and martinelli I think run out in a couple of years.
I'm sure we are on it

Post #530904  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:46 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

What a choice.
My first thought was Saka, versatility, awareness, natural ability just a fantastic footballer - and the youngest.
Then I thought about Martinelli and his raw pace, work rate and finishing ability and thinking of the devastating players with those attributes.
Then Ødegaard as an orchestrator, bergkamp-esque…..and now Emile Smith Rowe is putting goals to his game that could be a 15 goal a season midfielder.

Fair to say I’m absolutely loving all 4 right now

Post #530905  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:47 pm 

Apparently Partey is available for our game vs City before he goes to ACN. Good news if true

Post #530906  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:51 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Hmm..tough one. What more can or should be added to each's game? I am going with Martinelli. I see him as a sort of Henry version. The transformation of Henry from a good winger to a great center forward is amazing. Obviously, I'm not saying Martinelli will equal that but I see some of the same similarities. I think Martinelli can be a top forward. I think if he eventually gets moved centrally, he can become a very, very good if not great striker. I've not seen him take much if any free kicks but I'm curious.

For Saka, if he adds a passing repertoire to his game would move to a higher level. Also, work on his free kicks.

Emile Smith Rowe will be solid but I am not sure if he will get considerably better. Will he get better? Sure, but I question high he can go in relation to the others. I hope I'm wrong. Same with Ødegaard but higher. He's trained and played on one of the best teams in the world as well as loaned out. He is very good, but not sure just how much better he will get. He needs to score more.

Post #530907  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:02 pm 

david.d wrote:

Agree 100%, no Coutinho

Post #530908  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:06 pm 

socrates wrote:

1. Saka

2. Ødegaard

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. Martinelli

Tough call right now. Every one has potential to become better. Perhaps easier to answer after the season is over.

Post #530909  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:09 pm 

Come on watford and Southampton!

Post #530910  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:27 pm 

Spurs and West Ham both 1 down.

Post #530911  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:28 pm 

Really do like ward prowse at Southampton.
Very underatted.
Just put Southampton one up.
Great shot!
Would take him in our midfield.

West ham just equalised bollocks

Post #530912  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:30 pm 

West ham 2 1 up ffs

Post #530913  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm 

Spurs game just turned on its head
1 1
J
Kane penalty.
Southampton down to ten men

Post #530914  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:45 pm 

david.d wrote:
1 1
J
Kane penalty.

What a muppet...the Southampton player...already on a yellow scythes down Son. Nailed on second yellow..... i.e. red.....and penalty. Brainless.

Post #530915  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:48 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
david.d wrote:
1 1
J
Kane penalty.

What a muppet...the Southampton player...already on a yellow scythes down Son. Nailed on second yellow..... i.e. red.....and penalty. Brainless.

Totally Andy
Spurs are so *%^@*** jammy.
Southampton been much the better team until that stupid tackle. Now reduced to ten men.
Can't see how spurs don't win this now

Post #530916  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:31 pm 

96th minute Spurs winner coming up.

Post #530917  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:47 pm 

… not long now ..

Post #530918  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:54 pm 

Wow Spurs dropped points too now

Post #530919  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:54 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
96th minute Spurs winner coming up.

Fortunately not. Excruciating wasn’t it?

Post #530920  Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm 

Well done Saints :53big-emoticons:

[ 563338 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13270, 13271, 13272, 13273, 13274, 13275, 13276 ... 14084  Next