Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: AmericanGooner, Bing [Bot], Decaf, warrior and 275 guests

Post #547681  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:34 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I mean how much fun can you have in retirement ,

Yesterday went to give my garden a bit of water . I've got this 44 gallon plastic barrel full of rainwater with comfrey , horse manure etc mixed in to create a liquid fertiliser .

As I approach I disturb this vast cloud of freshly hatched mosquitoes , check it out , there are millions of mosquito lavae , plus a few rat tailed maggots
all wriggling around coming to the surface to breathe .

Happily frolicking here there and everywhere , they are having a great time

:7laughter: We'll soon sort that , ... tra la la dee diddly dee dee ..... tuneless whistle .

Add quarter litre of used motor oil , it forms a film across the surface .

There get your little b**&#d breathing tube thru that barrier , you little sh*ts .

Oh the delight watching their frenzied fruitless attempts to get oxygen , ten minutes later not a living soul in sight .

I don’t want to disturb a brilliant mind at work but the liquid fertiliser is now contaminated and will be almost impossible to get rid of without causing damage somewhere.

Old chip oil. Very useful for starting the braai too.

Post #547682  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:59 am 

Rich wrote:
Controversy in the Liverpool v Wolves game. Farcical non offside for Salah’s goal, although that is the rules….change them then. And then var cannot provide the correct view on a wolves likely winner to determine whether the onfield decision was right or wrong. Wolves guy who scored took his shirt off and didn’t get yellow carded, which is different to what I’ve seen happen before, you get carded whether the goal is allowed or not.
Overall I thought the match was reffed quite poorly, Liverpool seemed to get the benefit of a lot of dubious calls.
I only learnt this morning that the ref was the same ref who ran our game v Newcastle

Why do players take their shirts off like that?

Post #547683  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:23 pm 

I assume this came upon my feed while looking at old football pix. Anyway, I'm sure most of you Brits know him well. My first time and he's funny in this bit. Reminds me of an old Benny Hill clip. Name 2 pronouns. "Who, me?"

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YXCwYA2e2ak

Post #547684  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:17 pm 

Man City or Chelsea if we beat Oxford..............

Post #547685  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:30 pm 

Play an absolute shoestring tomorrow honestly.

It’s a fight we don’t need or want. This competition needs to be sacked off

Post #547686  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:14 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

City 3-0 up.
Obviously it’s the hardest draw we could get….but, on a weird way if we do go out it’s better to do it early and there’s no pressure on that game for us. If we beat them then it’s a big boost and we’d have a great chance of winning the trophy.
Need to take Oxford seriously first and beat them of course!

Post #547687  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:20 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Well it certainly won’t be Chelsea. They’re getting seriously embarrassed out there.

Post #547688  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:34 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Well it certainly won’t be Chelsea. They’re getting seriously embarrassed out there.

They are an awful mess. No attacking pattern whatsoever. Several of the players look like they couldn't be bothered.

Post #547689  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:24 pm 

Oh super. Win tomorrow and we get to visit Man City in. The next round.

Play juniors and ditch it.

Post #547690  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:25 pm 

Arsenal v City in FA cup... :7laughter:

Post #547691  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:33 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Oh super. Win tomorrow and we get to visit Man City in. The next round.

Play juniors and ditch it.

Honestly that’s what I think. We won’t but to beat city you will need all our best players on the pitch and it will be a trauma

We now play both Manchester clubs back to back at the end of month

Post #547692  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
If you were potter would you take that job ? I wouldn’t

He’s on the south coast in Brighton which is a great place. The fans love him. He’s created a squad and ethos that mirrors his attitude and it’s very much a long term job.

Chelsea will sack him on the first dip in form and blame his inexperience at the highest level. Unless he’s winning across the board the fans will moan because he isn’t a “name” and he won’t be appreciated

I wouldn’t contemplate it

What I said in September

It’s coming folks :14laughter:

Post #547693  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:53 pm 

Sack or ditch the FA Cup? How far have we got up ourselves after less than half a season of league football!

Seems only yesterday that we were ecstatic and grateful to have won the wonderful old trophy. Great come backs; Arsene thrown in the air; Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez brilliance; Mertesacker's finest game and Chelsea beaten twice. The FA Cup has given our fans some of their best moments in recent years. Treasure it.

Post #547694  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
...We won’t but to beat city you will need all our best players on the pitch and it will be a trauma.
Grow a pair! Hopefully our boys are not as ball-less.

Post #547695  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:10 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Sack or ditch the FA Cup? How far have we got up ourselves after less than half a season of league football!

Seems only yesterday that we were ecstatic and grateful to have won the wonderful old trophy. Great come backs; Arsene thrown in the air; Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez brilliance; Mertesacker's finest game and Chelsea beaten twice. The FA Cup has given our fans some of their best moments in recent years. Treasure it.

Because we have a great chance in the league and in Europe.

And we really don’t have the strength to go for all three. Especially if it’s Man City next.

Nothing at all to do with ‘being up ourselves’. More like a dose of reality.

Post #547696  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:31 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
...We won’t but to beat city you will need all our best players on the pitch and it will be a trauma.
Grow a pair! Hopefully our boys are not as ball-less.

We literally have no midfielders or attackers we can bring on as subs we can trust !

Yet we are top of the league and if we can get to February still top we have a genuine chance. We need to protect our first 11.

However no need to worry mate we will go for all 3 competitions and glorious failure probably awaits

Post #547697  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:29 pm 

No way should we sack off the City FA Cup game if we get pat Oxford.
The match is players with a full weeks rest before and after for us. If City make it to the League Cup semis they will play that semi final tie in the midweek before and the midweek after the FA Cup game.

There’s no way Arteta wouldn’t go very close to full strength either

Post #547698  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:30 pm 

Funny to see Man U fans scream poverty and ten hag seemingly not being given more funds to turn around the team. I see this all too often with rich clubs. They need 8-10 new players and spend all their budget on 3-4 and moan they are still 5-6 players short!

Anthony £90m, Martinez £60m, Casemiro £60m…the last two at least look like fine players but that’s £210m, could it have been better spent more thinly? I think so.

Ødegaard, Gabriel, Saliba, Zinchenko, Jesus, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale cost a combined £210m - all aged 25 or under.

Post #547699  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:37 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I mean how much fun can you have in retirement ,

Add quarter litre of used motor oil , it forms a film across the surface .

There get your little b**&#d breathing tube thru that barrier , you little sh*ts .

I don’t want to disturb a brilliant mind at work but the liquid fertiliser is now contaminated and will be almost impossible to get rid of without causing damage somewhere.

Ahhh yes .....sadly the little soul from Australia's tropical North who gets his rocks off every morning cranking up the 5. 7 litre Gen 2 V8 with the hot dog mufflers has overlooked the fact that OIL IS LIGHTER THAN WATER

....so after the annihilation of the malarial breeding ground you just run the hose into the barrel for a couple of minutes and the contamination spills over the top onto the ground leaving the original mixture ............ N''est ce pas

Post #547700  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
If you were potter would you take that job ? I wouldn’t

He’s on the south coast in Brighton which is a great place. The fans love him. He’s created a squad and ethos that mirrors his attitude and it’s very much a long term job.

Chelsea will sack him on the first dip in form and blame his inexperience at the highest level. Unless he’s winning across the board the fans will moan because he isn’t a “name” and he won’t be appreciated

I wouldn’t contemplate it

What I said in September

Yes yes ..... and I think I said pretty much the same thing ..... why swap a cosy little job where you are doing well "punching above your weight ...? "

but some people have more ambition than you or I .

If he didn't take the Chelsea job Potter would have forever been plagued with the ""what ifs ""... thoughts like I could have won the Premier league , been top in Europe , best in the world ...which could never happen at Brighton .

Same scenario Moyes going from Everton to Man U . Hodgson Fulham to Liverpool

Post #547701  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:51 am 

The biggest hindrance to our title chances this season may be lack of a big enough squad. City have the manpower to rotate their squad, we don't have the same luxury. My big worry isn't just replacing Jesus until he's ready but players like Martinelli, Saka and others on tired legs come March, April and when a push is needed if not sooner.

A big enough squad may be what we focus on in the summer if we want to continually challenge for the title.

Post #547702  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:28 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
What I said in September

Yes yes ..... and I think I said pretty much the same thing ..... why swap a cosy little job where you are doing well "punching above your weight ...? "

Also, it is very hard to sustain success at these middling clubs. And there are many example that show that owners and fans will turn on a manager very quickly when things start going wrong, regardless of past success.

A good player can afford to be loyal to a middling club (Kane, Le Tissier). No football manager can.

Post #547703  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:06 am 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
What I said in September

If he didn't take the Chelsea job Potter would have forever been plagued with the ""what ifs ""... thoughts like I could have won the Premier league , been top in Europe , best in the world ...which could never happen at Brighton .

Same scenario Moyes going from Everton to Man U . Hodgson Fulham to Liverpool

You can be ambitious and still choose not to go to chelsea. A club that goes through managers like hot dinners and was never going to allow him the time to do the necessary. Their fans were singing Tuchels name yesterday ffs

Post #547704  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:17 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Ahhh yes .....sadly the little soul from Australia's tropical North who gets his rocks off every morning cranking up the 5. 7 litre Gen 2 V8 with the hot dog mufflers has overlooked the fact that OIL IS LIGHTER THAN WATER

....so after the annihilation of the malarial breeding ground you just run the hose into the barrel for a couple of minutes and the contamination spills over the top onto the ground leaving the original mixture ............ N''est ce pas

Mrs Kiwi: so what the hell happened this time to the backyard?
Pete: I decided to teach that smartarse from Australia a lesson. I washed off that messy oil so that we could get to the fertiliser. It may take a few years before the grass grows again. Don’t worry I have a plan.
Mrs Kiwi: At least I won’t have to mow the lawn while you’re sitting on your arse drinking rum.

Attachments:

Post #547705  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:36 am 

I feel sorry for Graham Potter, even though he will get millions in a pay-off if he does get sacked.

Chelsea have spent £300m on players in the last year but how many of them started yesterday? Koulibaly and anyone else?

Is Potter even having any say over the players being brought in?

They may well turn out to be inspired signings over time but they are not helping Potter's immediate cause.

Post #547706  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:38 am 

Watched a bit of Joao Felix v Barca yesterday and still don't get the hype.

He's playing in a very negative side so doesn't get a huge number of touches but from what I can see he's neat and tidy but lacks physicality and has a very poor work ethic.

Post #547707  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:51 pm 

socrates wrote:

He's playing in a very negative side so doesn't get a huge number of touches but from what I can see he's neat and tidy but lacks physicality and has a very poor work ethic.

Maybe he knows he’s not going to be there for much longer.

Hes certainly better than some of the chaps we have on the bench at the moment.

Post #547708  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:33 pm 

socrates wrote:

I was of a similar mind during the World Cup but then there was one game where I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Post #547709  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:00 pm 

He’s gone to Chelsea so you don’t need to worry.

What’s happening at Chelsea is mental

Post #547710  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:10 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Is Financial Fair Play completely redundant now? How are they complying with all these signings and few outgoings?

I assume the carefully orchestrated plan is to try to get back to the top quickly with a conveyor belt of expensive signings.

Great in theory but we've seen with United and others just how difficult this is to actually do.

Post #547711  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:03 pm 

Rich wrote:
Funny to see Man U fans scream poverty and ten hag seemingly not being given more funds to turn around the team. I see this all too often with rich clubs. They need 8-10 new players and spend all their budget on 3-4 and moan they are still 5-6 players short!

Anthony £90m, Martinez £60m, Casemiro £60m…the last two at least look like fine players but that’s £210m, could it have been better spent more thinly? I think so.

Ødegaard, Gabriel, Saliba, Zinchenko, Jesus, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale cost a combined £210m - all aged 25 or under.

The season is only half way.

Post #547712  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:04 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

£10m loan fee and £7-8m in wages for 5 months and no option to buy. I’m glad we haven’t paid that sort of money. That is the same as the loan fee Chelsea received for giving away Lukaku for the entire season.

What is Felix realistically going to do for Chelsea? Do they still have an outside chance of CL qualification given how far back they are?

Post #547713  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:07 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Is Financial Fair Play completely redundant now? How are they complying with all these signings and few outgoings?

I assume the carefully orchestrated plan is to try to get back to the top quickly with a conveyor belt of expensive signings.

Great in theory but we've seen with United and others just how difficult this is to actually do.

Terrible strategy of that is what the plan is. Old expensive signings on huge wages has always been a disaster way to go about things. How big must Chelsea’s squad be including all those first team players out on loan.
How many of Chelsea’s bloated squad would you take in our first 11? James is top class but that is about it for me

Post #547714  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:16 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

£10m loan fee and £7-8m in wages for 5 months and no option to buy. I’m glad we haven’t paid that sort of money. That is the same as the loan fee Chelsea received for giving away Lukaku for the entire season.

What is Felix realistically going to do for Chelsea? Do they still have an outside chance of CL qualification given how far back they are?

They are desperate for a striker. It seems crazy they have loaned Lukaku and have nobody else. Aubameyang has scored one goal this season :14laughter:

It’s really funny

Post #547715  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm 

Sunderland and Plymouth fan. Priceless. :14laughter:

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM/video ... 3667551132

Post #547716  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:08 pm 

Strong looking team. Come on Arsenal!

Post #547717  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:42 pm 

I have to say to play saka and martinelli seems daft.

Post #547718  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I have to say to play saka and martinelli seems daft.

Arteta must have been listening to OMOH. :laughing7:

Post #547719  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:46 pm 

Too strong imo but can understand why he did it.

Post #547720  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:49 pm 

Chelsea now after some PSV winger.

They are literally signing a whole new team.

[ 563337 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13690, 13691, 13692, 13693, 13694, 13695, 13696 ... 14084  Next