Fixtures Sunday May 12th - Manchester United - Old Trafford - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, grantyboy, warrior and 37 guests

Post #390561  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 pm 

Can Man Utd please play like this at the weekend?

Post #390562  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 pm 

dec wrote:

At the moment do Man U even have much of a day in this. This is their level right now.
If they have to play Evans and Casemiro as a pair of CB we should tear them apart.

Post #390563  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
dec wrote:

At the moment do Man U even have much of a day in this. This is their level right now.
If they have to play Evans and Casemiro as a pair of CB we should tear them apart.

They're a weird bunch. Generally shite but occasionally raise it against the good teams.

Post #390564  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 pm 

4-0.

Post #390565  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:56 pm 

I don’t usually care what other clubs do, but I have to say that Westham is a club who I just can’t understand. The push to get rid of Moyes is strange. This is a bloke who has got them into Europe, they weren’t in the relegation zone and he actually won them a trophy. Let’s see where they are this time next year. I just hope they send him off with a really big performance.

Post #390566  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:15 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I don’t usually care what other clubs do, but I have to say that Westham is a club who I just can’t understand. The push to get rid of Moyes is strange. This is a bloke who has got them into Europe, they weren’t in the relegation zone and he actually won them a trophy. Let’s see where they are this time next year. I just hope they send him off with a really big performance.

It’s big ambitions from US owners and the perceived ceiling to where Moyes can take them with his playing style from what I’ve heard.

Could all backfire for sure.

Post #390567  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 pm 

Rich wrote:
Ash wrote:

I think it’s starting position Rich. Teams who are proven title challengers get criticised for a 1% drop, teams who do well from a much lower starting position are praised for a while until their perceived level is raised, and they start getting judged by that metric.

See Leicester 4ish season ago under Brendon. Praised for being in the top 4/5 then criticised as bottlers when they eventually dropped out of the top 4 late on in the season 2 years in a row.

I can hardly think Spurs think they get favourable media coverage when the phrase, “Lads, it’s Tottenham.” and the word “Spursy” are fully embedded part of English football’s lexicon.

Spurs for sure get their fair share of jokes at their expense it’s more the over the top positivity when they do anything good. There were headlines asking ‘were spurs the real winners?’ When they lost 4-1 to Chelsea, down to 9 men and played the entire tee am on the half way line. The praise is miles beyond any other non trophy winning team gets

Yeah that’s probably fair, I think the journo who authored the story you linked is a spurs fan is he not? I think there are quite a few spurs fans in journalistic places. The Chelsea thing was ridiculous but it possibly was the novelty of it all. It took a few weeks to answer that b%*&s%*^ question.

Post #390568  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:29 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

They're a weird bunch. Generally shite but occasionally raise it against the good teams.

And now they’ll be all fired up due to the embarrassing nature of the loss.

Only hope I have is they won’t want City to win it but that’s probably more a fan perspective.

Post #390569  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:34 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

For all his positives I think Moyes has a habit of badly misreading games and tactics sometimes. One minute they’ll be performing really well and next they’re getting ripped apart. Obviously limited by their personnel and think he has done well overall to get them where they are but just not enough to take them any further.

We also nicked their World Class midfielder which didn’t help them this year.

[ 390569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9761, 9762, 9763, 9764, 9765