Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 8 guests

Post #526921  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
On one hand you can’t blame Arteta for players missing so many clear chances, the game should have been put to bed, also don’t blame Arteta for the defensive mess up in the last minute yet again. But, I do blame Arteta for not realising that there was space on behind and it needed Players willing to run in. And why weren’t we pressing their gk far more he was awful with his feet. And yet again the tempo is so slow.

All the talk was our season rides on this game and the players still seemingly can’t get themselves up for the game.

The second leg has 0-0 written all over it

The game was crying out for earlier substitutions to inject pace and energy but Arteta left it too late.

Why not give Martinelli, Pépé and Aubameyang half an hour to have a real impact on the game.

Post #526922  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 pm 

john1 wrote:
Kroenke out.

Indeed, nothing else needs adding anymore.

Those pricks who wanted Usmanov out in favour of wiggy - here is your bed (of nails) now lie in it.

Stop whining! - you got what you wanted.

Post #526923  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm 

We are not winning this competition.
No way we are beating Villarreal or utd on this form.
Pointless going through.
It's a *%^@*** quarter final and no urgency tempo nothing in the first half.
Why did arteta take so long to make the subs???

Post #526924  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:16 pm 

I agree that its not Arteta's fault that Saka, Lacazette and Aubameyang missed three fantastic chances. But as Socrates said the tempo was generally sluggish and Arteta didnt seem to react to that.
This really feels like a defeat.

Post #526925  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 pm 

Arteta just said we were very effective with our high press. What *%^@*** high press???

Post #526926  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm 

david.d wrote:
We are not winning this competition.
No way we are beating Villarreal or utd on this form.
Pointless going through.
It's a *%^@*** quarter final and no urgency tempo nothing in the first half.
Why did arteta take so long to make the subs???

We're not tearing up trees with our bare hands, certainly.
But there is no need to be defeatist.

Post #526927  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 pm 

Arteta is lost

Post #526928  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
john1 wrote:
Kroenke out.

Those pricks who wanted Usmanov out in favour of wiggy - here is your bed (of nails) now lie in it.

Bravo Wilts. :53big-emoticons:

Post #526929  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Arteta just said we were very effective with our high press. What *%^@*** high press???

For the two minutes before we scored. You’ve got a think like a manager on “I didn’t see it” mode.

Post #526930  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 pm 

Bored wrote:
I agree that its not Arteta's fault that Saka, Lacazette and Aubameyang missed three fantastic chances. But as Socrates said the tempo was generally sluggish and Arteta didnt seem to react to that.

He’s *%^@** either way right. Everyone screams he has to drop the captain, he does even though he represents our best chance of scoring. Then he's accused of not bringing the said player on again quick enough.

I agree with LTG, there’s not one issue at play here there are several factors Arteta, lack of quality in personnel, expectation within the club and money.

Everything has gone to *%^@. Im staggered Kroenke has got away with such little stick

Post #526931  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 pm 

There will be more calls for Arteta to be sacked and to be honest if we get knocked out in the 2nd leg they would be justified. But, don’t we think these players would just do exactly the same to the next manager....and who even is a viable option to take over? Not exactly an exciting proposition for any manager, wholesale squad rebuild needed with no money and an army of players who are past their best, nowhere near good enough and on wages far too high for their status. No natural leaders and more problems than answers

Post #526932  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:37 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
john1 wrote:
Kroenke out.

Who were those people?
I recall at the time the headlines were:
Kronke “I didn’t buy a football team to win things” vs usmanov desperate to take a controlling share to push funds in to the club. Of course he might have been saying what the fans wanted to hear but hasn’t he done that at Everton now.
I can’t remember many people crying out that nasty Usmanov needed to be shoved out of the way so the wonderful Kronke could solely own us

Post #526933  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:39 pm 

Rich wrote:
There will be more calls for Arteta to be sacked and to be honest if we get knocked out in the 2nd leg they would be justified.

Would it ? I mean if it wasn’t for Arteta sorting out our defence last season we wouldn’t even be in the competition because there was no way we would have beat city and Chelsea in the cup if we still had Emery.

I just don’t know where this ends. Our problems feel terminal

Post #526934  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:39 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Load of bollix - he must have been watching a different game to me

Post #526935  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 pm 

Bored wrote:
Another game we should have won comfortably but once again we contrive to let in a softish goal. We are still in this tie but I have to say my confidence in Arteta being able to sort this team out is wavering. We seem to have regressed again at the moment when we need to be galvanised for the Europa League run in.

It is a worrying sign. We just don't attack these games like we should, being the much, much better team, instead we look nervous and hesitant. It's somewhat understandable considering our inconsistent performances this season, but at some point we need to just grab a hold of ourselves and go get it when it's there for the taking. So many of our good performances seem to come in games people are not expecting us to get a result, like against Leicester and Chelsea.

Post #526936  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
He’s *%^@** either way right. Everyone screams he has to drop the captain, he does even though he represents our best chance of scoring. Then he's accused of not bringing the said player on again quick enough.

These two views don't contradict each other at all - it's perfectly reasonable to be okay with dropping Aubameyang in one game when he hasn't been performing consistently all season. That doesn't make him a crap player who shouldn't play any part at all - when it's not working for us he's a great option from the bench and it's equally reasonable to want him to come on sooner.

Post #526937  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm 

One of the problems Arteta has is he picks a side that perform badly - makes some subs who have an impact....but if he plays those subs next game they play badly. The players cannot put a run of consistent performances together as individuals.

The misses are unforgivable, the lack of urgency and tempo is unforgivable. We currently throw in 1 good performance in 4. Even if that flips on its head you’d be miles off competing at the top of the table because you still need to iron out that inconsistency of 1 in 4 poor performances.

We’re absolutely miles away. The talent in the team is not being shown in consistency and effort in games.

Post #526938  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
There will be more calls for Arteta to be sacked and to be honest if we get knocked out in the 2nd leg they would be justified.

Would it ? I mean if it wasn’t for Arteta sorting out our defence last season we wouldn’t even be in the competition because there was no way we would have beat city and Chelsea in the cup if we still had Emery.

I don’t want him sacked but on the basis of this season possibly being a 10th place finish and knocked out by slavia prague in a competition where on paper we should be in the final is not an easy thing for Arteta to survive.

Post #526939  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:55 pm 

Rich wrote:
Who were those people?

Nobody. The Usmanov in stuff is honestly just sycophantic nonsense, based completely on uncritically swallowing the PR from an extremely shady character that any football fan should want nowhere near their club. That does not mean you have to like Kroenke as an owner, it's possible to dislike both.

Post #526940  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 pm 

Detach yourself from the emotion and take a look at the starting line up.

Bellerin, soares and Holding in defence ? I mean pretty average right ? Or is it me?

Xhaka and Partey ? As a pair seem far too defensive for me. Their dogged not controllers of a game.

Saka and Emile Smith Rowe are promising youngsters but won’t do it week in week out.

Does that look a side who can realistically win a European trophy ? To me on paper we look weak.

Post #526941  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don’t want him sacked but on the basis of this season possibly being a 10th place finish and knocked out by slavia prague in a competition where on paper we should be in the final is not an easy thing for Arteta to survive.

You're probably right but bloody hell that makes it 3 managers in 3 years with the last 2 only lasting around 15 months in their tenures. Even when spurs were serially hiring and firing their managers over and over like Martin Jol and Gerry Francis they gave them 3 years.

What can you realistically achieve in such a short time

Post #526942  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Does that look a side who can realistically win a European trophy ? To me on paper we look weak.

Considering the teams left in the tournament, absolutely. Every single player you mentioned have shown they can play much better than they did today.

Post #526943  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Considering the teams left in the tournament, absolutely. Every single player you mentioned have shown they can play much better than they did today.

I think we look weak really weak based on that team. I wouldn’t expect much

Post #526944  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 pm 

It's a European quarter final at home .
A chance to play champions league football next season but more importantly win a trophy.
So what the *%^@ was that first half about.
It was like a *%^@*** training game pace we were playing at. No tempo. No urgency. Nothing.
And why wait 15 *%^@*** minutes to make those substitutions with Martinelli coming on 5 minutes earlier. Why not give them 30 minutes at least.
Piss poor from Arteta.
Lacazette goes for the Hollywood goal rather than just finishing it no nonsense.
Only good thing going into next week game is we have to score so there will be no b%*&s%*^ complacency like there was tonight. We have to go for it.

Post #526945  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 pm 

Rich wrote:
Kronke “I didn’t buy a football team to win things” vs usmanov desperate to take a controlling share to push funds in to the club. Of course he might have been saying what the fans wanted to hear but hasn’t he done that at Everton now.

Usmanov doesn’t own Everton. Moshiri does, who is a former business partner of Usmanov. But that doesn’t mean Usmanov owns Everton, and nor does it mean he should or can be expected to sink huge sums into Everton.

None of us know whether Usmanov would have been a good owner of Arsenal. But what we have seen is what Kroenke is like as Arsenal’s owner. It’s a personal view, but that’s enough to make me wish Usmanov had taken over instead. Despite the point we don’t know what Usmanov would have been like as owner, seeing what Kroenke is like in my view makes it a worthwhile risk.

Post #526946  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 pm 

david.d wrote:
It's a European quarter final at home .
A chance to play champions league football next season but more importantly win a trophy.
So what the *%^@ was that first half about.
It was like a *%^@*** training game pace we were playing at. No tempo. No urgency. Nothing.
And why wait 15 *%^@*** minutes to make those substitutions with Martinelli coming on 5 minutes earlier. Why not give them 30 minutes at least.
Piss poor from Arteta.
Lacazette goes for the Hollywood goal rather than just finishing it no nonsense.
Only good thing going into next week game is we have to score so there will be no b%*&s%*^ complacency like there was tonight. We have to go for it.

Prague will benefit on home turf most likely, even if we do go for it. Messed up the chance royally today at the Ems.

Post #526947  Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 pm 

Kroenke will benefit from the new CL format starting from 2024. Think he doesn't invest much now, well he won't have to anyway later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.justar ... 278001/amp

Post #526948  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:47 am 

Dein brought in both Usmanov and Kroenke.The man is a legend for being one of the most instrumental of the board to get us to the Wengerball era. After that (and remember he was against building a stadium), he screwed us up for decades for his own selfish reasons.

I don't fault anyone for taking a 'respected' American billionaire owner of professional sides over Usmanov. Supporters in England and outside America just didn't know the full extent of what they were getting. I did for obvious reasons. Mainly why I stopped watching American football when it was similar to many sides in British football as well as Arsenal. Rich local benefactors who owned clubs for the pride of it. The Lakers, the Yankees, my Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers (a relative worked for their owner as part of his household staff), the Cleveland Browns, many others. The owner was local, rich and did it out civic pride and wanted to see the people of his city have a team worthy of them. All the aforementioned (save my Eagles...lol), storied sides who were dominant for an era or two. The owners spent, even if it wasn't financially prudent for them personally, when it was needed. Then companies started owning teams and others for non sporting reasons, ego sometimes. The leagues became a joke. Constant rule changes to increase 'action'. There is no defense any more in the NBA. You look glaringly at the player and its a foul. The scores of games increased dramatically. It was fairly rare to see both sides score 100 points when I was a child. Now its commonplace. Michael Jordan would have thrived in this era even moreso than he did prior. The kits changed more than my ex girlfriend did prior to a night out and at a loss of what to wear.

Kroenke started out like that. From St. Louis, orchestrated a move for the Rams to St. Louis and then screwed his own hometown. I knew Arsenal were going to be seen as an asset on a balance sheet only. No question whatsoever in mind. It came to fruition. Reponses on here about my going on about Kroenke all the time a few years ago. Didn't bother me because I knew we were screwed.

A few weeks ago, I said his assets, professional sides are suffering because of the pandemic. Push comes to shove the Rams will get the money for a few reasons. They are his crown jewel. We are second to be fair but will always play the bridesmaid. He has a 5 billion dollar complex that needs people to go to it to see the Rams , buy merch, shop and watch a movie or whatever. That's his number 1 concern, no question.

Our only hope is and yes, I'll be morbid and insensitive (I'm sure certain folks will say, same ol' AG...lol) but our only glimmer of hope is his son when he dies. He'll be a bit more of a sportsman and want to win things. He's not as balance sheet oriented as his father. He is to a large degree, but not all pounds and pence.

The Glazers see Man Utd as their crown jewel. Globally recognised brand worth more than their NFL Tampa Bay Bucs. Hence the difference in why we see big pound transfers into Man Utd. If we had the global reputation of them or even Liverpool, there may be a chance we would be seen as Kroenke as the 'asset' to put money into. But he is obligated to turn the Rams into a big side. It's part of the surreptitious deal he has with the NFL when they let him have Los Angeles over better offers frankly. Make the Rams viable. LA is the second biggest market in America, entertainment capital of the world. Remember, the NFL owns the merchandise not the teams. The NFL is really run like a socialist league (the irony). All teams get a piece of all merchandise sales for kits.

Despite being anti BLM for example at first, the league sold a shed load of Colin Kaepernick jerseys. They made money from making him a political martyr for taking a knee for the national anthem (sidenote he was slated for disrespecting the flag in that manner, even though he was advised to do so by a teammate who served in the middle east who didn't agree with his stance).

At the end of the day you reflect your ownership. The only way (and there is a small chance of this), is Kroenke can be convinced that we need to spend to get back to top 4. And not doing so may see us slide down the table. I don't know if or who will tell him that but its the only way we may see some money. Rams has his attention though for obvious reasons. At least 5 billion reasons.

And although we may take some pleasure in the city of St. Louis winning any judgement against him, if they do it will only hurt us by extension. But it bears reminding. Any man who will f*ck over his own city and state will without even a second thought leave us desolate if he deems it in his best interest.

Actually this is the best time for a multi billionaire to approach Kroenke if they are willing to pay a premium. The only such billionaire who has shown that kind of interest possibly is the Nigerian magnate Dangote, supposedly worth anywhere from 10 to 20 billion. Much richer than Kroenke and professes a love for the club. Kanu is huge there I'm told and many Nigerians became gooners from that time and also having Vieira with west African roots, and other players later including a Brit-Nigerian. From what I know about him he is a respected business man with no scandals or such like Usmanov.

I can't think of any others who might be interested. Had Bracewell-Smith stayed on good terms, perhaps one of the uber wealthy Indian billionaires could be persuaded?

Post #526949  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:52 am 

This season is a wash. The tie is in serious jeopardy. Injury time equalizers are a kick in the teeth. It happens. The obvious target for blame is the manager and any players involved in it but it happens to all manner of teams. How we started is what is in question for me. The sense of urgency wasn't there. The reason why we often see goals in the first 20 minutes from top clubs is because they are instructed to take the game to the opposition right away, show dominance, show purpose and show belief in hopes of hurting their spirit.

We did none of those things.

Post #526950  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:08 am 

I said I'll be happy with us beating sperz and Mourinho and I am. Of course I want us to win this cup but I didn't think we had much of a chance. On paper I assume we were looked at to be finalists for the last few years as well and got to it just once.

I loved the optimism about our chances but we showed no evidence of playing a full 90 minutes to convince me we stand a chance. We may turn it around, backs against the wall, but we'll do it the hard way if we do.

Post #526951  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:16 am 

There are two (of a few) different ways we can look at the present malaise. We have the right manager and he needs time. We don't have the right manager and at some point will just have to keep trying till we get him.

Then there is the dreaded possibility that it doesn't matter who you bring in. Klopp, Pep, anyone, we will at best get back to where Wenger was with the top 4 is a trophy and winning the odd domestic cup here and there. Not able to challenge for the title, in some seasons, making a run at it for part of the season before collapsing.

We could be 'lost in the wilderness' as we were from 1971 to 1989. Some joys along the way but not the top honours. More and more sides will get fantastically wealthy benefactors. People may think Everton will not get there but look at City in the beginning. Hughes appointed manager. They were above average but weren't a threat. Given time, money will prove itself to give a certain amount of success. It may or may not be sustainable but it will give you some.

Anyway, the pandemic will leave clubs without a 'sugar daddy' in the hole for a few years. So far, it doesn't seem that the pandemic has decreased transfer fees that much, if any. At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, I simply don't see much for us in the present and intermediate future. We have an owner who is going to have to do all he can to make the Rams viable financially. He at least is an American football fan. He doesn't know or care about our sport frankly. I've said years ago, I'm willing to wager he couldn't name more than maybe 4 or 5 positions accurately. GK being the easiest, defense next and after that he'll struggle. The only possibility is if he's smart enough to apply football to ice hockey where the positions are fairly close in name and responsibility save a few.

Even if we do manage to win the Europa Cup it won't be any sign we're back. We won the FA cup last season beating the two of the better sides in the league and it didn't start any resurgence. Arsenal needs a comprehensive plan. 5 year plan or 7 year plan, that the owner, board and staff all know and work the plan. Maybe there is but can anyone tell me what that is? Leicester had a plan from what I gather. Soton has a system from what I gather. Kroenke's original plan was to emulate what a manager did with the Oakland A's some years ago in baseball and what Wenger did with mostly French players. That day as passed. That strategy is no longer viable. Notice the strategy didn't cost much and it meant not spending much money?

Yes, the pandemic has thrown things out of whack but you would think the board was told to come up with a plan given the present circumstances and environment. Truth is, we're an after thought.

Post #526952  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Usmanov doesn’t own Everton. Moshiri does, who is a former business partner of Usmanov. But that doesn’t mean Usmanov owns Everton, and nor does it mean he should or can be expected to sink huge sums into Everton.

None of us know whether Usmanov would have been a good owner of Arsenal. But what we have seen is what Kroenke is like as Arsenal’s owner. It’s a personal view, but that’s enough to make me wish Usmanov had taken over instead. Despite the point we don’t know what Usmanov would have been like as owner, seeing what Kroenke is like in my view makes it a worthwhile risk.

You’re quite right it’s Moshiri not Usmanov, I knew there was an Everton connection but he’s not the owner. The point still stands about who was happy that Usmanov was forced out and Kronke stayed? The original post said something like, hope you’re happy as this is what you wished for....I was just wondering who that was because I think the fans have been pretty united in an ‘anyone buys Kronke’ stance even if we had no idea who the ‘anyone’ was and what their plans were

Post #526953  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:31 am 

I think we will still progress to the semi’s but we really must put in an effort. Our home form is totally shot. Plus 14 games since we kept a clean sheet.

This really is becoming a season of lost opportunities. The defence has not been sorted as some like to pretend. Saliba needed to be either bedded in or shown to be not suitable. Instead it is neither. That is, it is next years project.

We don’t know if Martenelli is a permanent replacement for Lacazette. Plus Aubameyang has become Arteta’s Özil. No one can convince me that having been dropped for the derby, that he put any effort at all into Olympicos, west ham or Liverpool.

IMO the season comes to this. If you want to leave Arteta in place then Aubameyang and his ‘mafia’ must go. Luiz and his mafia stopped playing for Emery and should never have been renewed.

The positives out of the season are S-R Saka and not much else. Until last week I probably would have said Tierney but when he is playing he is very good but it is difficult to rely on a player who may be injured at any time because his body can’t take it not because he gets kicked by someone.

Post #526954  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 am 

OTT criticism from some. TG especially, the 3 players he cites had good to excellent games overall. Partly was a disappointment Saka was tired and Emile Smith Rowe was brilliant most of the game.

They were excellent in the last minutes and pressed and pressed. If the Boss had brought in the 3 players earlier we might gave conceded, would you be praising Mikel for going too early?

NO you funking wouldn't lay off it's only half time.

Post #526955  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:44 am 

Zed wrote:
Kroenke will benefit from the new CL format starting from 2024. Think he doesn't invest much now, well he won't have to anyway later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.justar ... 278001/amp

But we’re about to screw up those chances of back door entry as well though.
2 of the extra 4 spots are a wildcard entry based on uefa coefficients, it’s a way of getting the best teams back in the CL even if they just miss out. Coefficient is calculated by your last 5 European seasons with points awarded for how far you get. We’re currently ranked 12th with about 92 points. Approx 18 points per season. If we don’t make europe at all one year we get zero for that year so pretty much automagically knock 18 or so points off our total which pushes us down near 19th, so actually very unlikely to be one of the two wildcard teams picked as the highest ranking teams to not already qualify!
Chelsea are currently ranked behind us despite a far better recent European record because they had a season out of europe 5 years ago which scored them zero points. They’ll rocket past us next season. Liverpool as well are only ranked 9th despite being champions league winners and runners up in the past few years simply because they have a blank year against their name 5 years ago.
So as soon as you have a blank year it basically takes you winning big European trophies to keep you in touch with these top positions, or you have to wait for 5 years to get that blank year off your coefficient....and that’s assuming you’re not adding another blank year on your 5 year list in the meantime.
Basically if we don’t get europe we’re more screwed than anyone thinks for this new back door entry to the CL

Post #526956  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:50 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Plus Aubameyang has become Arteta’s Özil. No one can convince me that having been dropped for the derby, that he put any effort at all into Olympicos, west ham or Liverpool.

This is annoyingly familiar with Arsenal. Dropped or benched players rarely seem to take it as a message to re double efforts and come back with a bang. It always seems to be the opposite. It makes us question time and again the professionalism, motivation and character of the squad we have.
How can a manager operate in an environment where he can’t punish poor performance and poor discipline because players will just give up as soon as they are punished!?
Who are the players we have who really lead this team, who are vocal and demand concentration and high levels of effort and concentration everyone every time?

Post #526957  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:04 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bored wrote:

That's inaccurate. Although some were calling for him to drop Aubameyang, most just wanted him to stop putting him on the wing.

There is nothing wrong with rotating Lacazette and Aubameyang as starters. Lacazette's given a decent return this season. But the worry is that his shooting from open play seems to be very bad. Saka also need to sort out his composure in front of goal. It's the one thing lacking from his game.

Pépé gets a lot of stick. He is the kind of player who blows hot and cold and needs to be played in the right positions with the right people round him. The point is that if you do that, and he's give enough minutes, he will deliver. People tend to forget that many of the most effective forwards do tend to blow hot and cold. Even the sainted Bobby could look awful and I remember many people on here getting frustrated with him.

Post #526958  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:10 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Rich wrote:
Who were those people?

Nobody. The Usmanov in stuff is honestly just sycophantic nonsense, based completely on uncritically swallowing the PR from an extremely shady character that any football fan should want nowhere near their club. That does not mean you have to like Kroenke as an owner, it's possible to dislike both.

No, that is not how it works on the internet. You have to be all in. :laughing7: :laughing7: It is against the rules to entertain the possibility that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Post #526959  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:13 am 

This is the situation we concede from. Cédric doesn’t play it down the line because he doesn’t want to use his left foot. He goes back to a Gabriel who is under pressure, should hit it down the line first time, takes a bad touch and we’re under pressure, concede a corner and we’re dead.
It’s absolute basics of seeing a game out with just 2 minutes to go

Attachments:

Post #526960  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:51 am 

To play at the right pace and tempo we need to fill the team with players with the right pace and energy.
I also wish we’d stop paying the opposition too much respect, it contributes to slow starts from which it is very difficult to up the tempo.
In the second leg I would love to see Saka at left back and a front 3 of martinelli/Aubameyang/Pépé with Emile Smith Rowe in the 10 position.

[ 570665 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13171, 13172, 13173, 13174, 13175, 13176, 13177 ... 14267  Next