Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, warrior and 327 guests

Post #528601  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:25 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
What do you mean by “...... yes here”? By the way it wasn’t me who wrote that article on Xhaka. It was written by someone called Chris Wheatley. So I’m not sure why you were asking me to use my own eyes.

You’ve completely misinterpreted my post Bernard

I was simply saying to Zed this is the guy who I had been told was signing for us a month ago

Okay.

Post #528602  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
You’ve completely misinterpreted my post Bernard

I was simply saying to Zed this is the guy who I had been told was signing for us a month ago

Okay.

I accept your apology

Post #528603  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 pm 

If there is one thing the far right all the way to the far left, every niche, every ethnic group, every socioeconomic class all agree on in numbers over 80 or even 90 percent, which is extremely rare in America is Afghanistan. Specifically the get the hell out, full stop 'leave the key under the mat' for the groups.

Biden has pledged to leave (as well as Iraq). However, shockingly (to some) Congresspersons on both sides are saying its a bad idea. Why? Well, the dirty little secret of money in politics. The 'Military-Industrial' complex that Eisenhower mentioned before he left office has given generously to many of them. Also, there are sometimes military contractors in very liberal districts. So, a very left wing politician wants the money train to continue because it would possibly mean less jobs in their area. Fair enough, but its the price of doing what is right. How do you justify possible loss of life for soldiers in a war that is no longer just over a job? Exactly, one cant.

Post #528604  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 pm 

Okay, lets look at the distinct if not likely possibility that we'll finish 9th at best, no Europe and have to sell to buy, basically we won't have a lot of money.

What is your plan on what we should do? (a realistic plan).

Post #528605  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:57 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Okay, lets look at the distinct if not likely possibility that we'll finish 9th at best, no Europe and have to sell to buy, basically we won't have a lot of money.

Boycott the Emirates until KSE leave.

Post #528606  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:23 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-arteta-blame-worst-arsenal-premier-league

Just Villarreal said Scholes.
Just Villarreal is 7th in La Liga, Arsenal 10th in PL. Spot the difference. Villarreal play 15th place Getafe 1 hr after our match against 16th place Newcastle match, both on Sunday. Curious as to the scoreline our match is when Villarreal's starts. And which side move up in their respective leagues. Both could.

Post #528607  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:29 pm 

Zed wrote:
Rich wrote:
https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-arteta-blame-worst-arsenal-premier-league

Just Villarreal said Scholes.
Just Villarreal is 7th in La Liga, Arsenal 10th in PL. Spot the difference. Villarreal play 15th place Getafe 1 hr after our match against 16th place Newcastle match, both on Sunday. Curious as to the scoreline our match is when Villarreal's starts. And which side move up in their respective leagues. Both could.

Well one thing for certain, Willock won't feature Sunday. No worries that he'll score a late winner in added time, 2nd half like he did against Liverpool. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #528608  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Goodness me use your own eyes man. If you can’t see it by now you never will.

If he was good enough he’d have had a ton of teams after him when he threw his hissy fit but as it is the only one who showed interest in him was Berlin. ( about his level)

Btw someone told me we are interested in a player that plays exactly in xhakas position that would cost HUGE money, (not quite a Pépé fee) at the moment Ill take it with a pinch of salt as I can’t really understand it given the debts and won’t comment further unless it seems to transpire.

...... yes here

The same Guido Rodriguez I'd guess.

Post #528609  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

Boycott the Emirates until KSE leave.

I thought the protests from the Europa Super League would take on a life of its own and expand but like a lot of big clubs, our support is varied and often not as passionate as we would like.

There is a waiting list for season tickets. That very fact will embolden Kroenke.

Post #528610  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm 

I'm guessing when fans can come back in full, the stadium will be packed from not having been able to see live football.

Kroenke knows this.

Post #528611  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:37 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Okay.

I accept your apology

Why do you think it was an apology, or that an apology was necessary? I simply didn’t know what you were talking about.

Post #528612  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I accept your apology

Why do you think it was an apology, or that an apology was necessary? I simply didn’t know what you were talking about.

Tore into me for no reason. It’s all about you

Post #528613  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:55 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

The irony of that comment.

Post #528614  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:50 am 

My post was the following:

What do you mean by “...... yes here”? By the way it wasn’t me who wrote that article on Xhaka. It was written by someone called Chris Wheatley. So I’m not sure why you were asking me to use my own eyes.

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable, and polite, response to a post by you to me, not Zed. Do you really see it as tearing into you? I see it as totally understandable and I’ll say again, polite. Way more polite than you were in your last post accusing me of tearing into you!

Post #528615  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:

No europe means we need to work with a much smaller squad size next year, and means we need to play strong sides in the domestic cup games.
The players who need to leave and the positions we need to buy in remain the same whatever happens, but if we’re not in europe at all we need to find out pretty quickly which players don’t even want to play for us and move them on.

Post #528616  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:00 am 

What on earth was that about on thursday night.....
The pure arrogance of Arteta on full display.
A European semi final and you choose to play a system we havent played before.
A false 9 when you have Martinelli and Aubameyang on the bench.
Is the man stupid???
He must be!!
Then he continues to play Xhaka at left back taken away the effectiveness he has in midfield when you have a perfectly good fill in with Cédric.
To cap it off we could all see the warning signs with Ceballos. He Is on a yellow. Take him off!!!
Oh no not Arteta.
I can remember the excitement I had when he was first appointed.
Now very close to losing total faith in him.
Some of his decisions are mind blogging and *%^@*** stupid.

Post #528617  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:35 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Still celebrating this weeks defeat ?

Post #528618  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:38 am 

Bernard wrote:

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable, and polite, response to a post by you to me, not Zed. Do you really see it as tearing into you? I see it as totally understandable and I’ll say again, polite. Way more polite than you were in your last post accusing me of tearing into you!

The post wasn’t even directed to you and still you harp on .

Post #528619  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:29 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

The post wasn’t even directed to you and still you harp on .

What indication was there it wasn’t directed at me? You’d quoted my post. Why didn’t you delete the post from me? It was a very short one with a link. If your one wasn’t meant for me, why leave mine? That’s why I asked what your post was about in a polite manner.

Post #528620  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:29 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I notice you took it like a wimp, defending Arteta no matter what. It’s everyone else’s fault Boo ho. We need to spend 300 mil, Hillier and Morrow were better. It obviously has never occurred to you that Arteta used incorrect tactics, has poor man management and is defended by those who have painted themselves into a corner. Still I expect the players to ignore his instructions and to go thru. Our club is not the place for a person to try and learn how to manage. By the way thanks for your apology- it is accepted. Step back and see if you actually have any perspective on what people are posting.

Post #528621  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

No europe means we need to work with a much smaller squad size next year, and means we need to play strong sides in the domestic cup games.
The players who need to leave and the positions we need to buy in remain the same whatever happens, but if we’re not in europe at all we need to find out pretty quickly which players don’t even want to play for us and move them on.

Your last sentence is a good point.

Post #528622  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am 

Not who will get it, but which manager deserves to be 'Manager of the Year'?

For me its gotta be Moyes. Runner up? Dare I say, probably OGS and if he wins the Europa Cup which seems likely, maybe a shout at Manager of the Year.

Post #528623  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:24 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

You do talk nonsense sometimes. Maybe take a minute to reflect before hitting the 'post' button.

Post #528624  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:35 am 

Yeah, I'm posting this on the SG forum. I know, huh? lol

https://dailycannon.com/2021/03/arsenal-campaign-to-stop-online-abuse/
Arsenal campaign to Stop Online Abuse

Post #528625  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:53 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I notice you took it like a wimp, defending Arteta no matter what. It’s everyone else’s fault Boo ho. We need to spend 300 mil, Hillier and Morrow were better. It obviously has never occurred to you that Arteta used incorrect tactics, has poor man management and is defended by those who have painted themselves into a corner. Still I expect the players to ignore his instructions and to go thru. Our club is not the place for a person to try and learn how to manage. By the way thanks for your apology- it is accepted. Step back and see if you actually have any perspective on what people are posting.

Violently masturbating after Arsenal defeats isn’t a good look for you

Post #528626  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

That comment is total nonsense and deeply unpleasant.

Try and imagine the forum as a bunch of Arsenal supporting mates having a chat down the pub.

Post #528627  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:51 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Try and imagine the forum as a bunch of Arsenal supporting mates having a chat down the pub.

Hey he started it. I’m fed up with being attacked.

Plus your wrong he’s gleefully reaching for the hand gel the moment we lose a game.

Post #528628  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Hey he started it. I’m fed up with being attacked.

Plus your wrong he’s gleefully reaching for the hand gel the moment we lose a game.

I’ve never yet met an Arsenal supporter irl or on the net who is happy when we lose.

Post #528629  Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Yep that comment says a lot about you. When you are faced with facts, you revert to the behaviour and comments of a 12 year old.

Post #528630  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:14 am 

Warren Barton was on ‘Same Old Arsenal’ podcast. His comments about us heading the same way as Newcastle sadly resonated with me: they are the exact fears I have. Phillips Auclair warned exactly the same recently on another podcast. He warned we have a very short period of time to rectify the problem. This why I am concerned about Arteta’s way forward.

When I first watched football I read about teams like Huddersfield under Chapman, the great Aston Villa teams, Newcastle in the 1950’s and asked how was it possible for teams to slip so far. I am sure today’s young people cannot believe Notts Forest thrived and won European trophies.

Now I am genuinely concerned that unless we address our decline that will be us in 10-20 years. Arteta was not my idea of a manager to address the issue and I have seen nothing to suggest we have improved. It is a real risk to give him another year and even allow him to buy players. If he gets another year and we improve dramatically then I will hold my hands up as being wrong. But if it goes wrong we will be so far from turning it around that we may never recover.

When Van Persie went to Man U I said we would never win an EPL during my lifetime. I have seen nothing to change my mind. I am 64yo in case you wondered.

Post #528631  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:57 am 

Arteta needed time to rebuild his team. He has had enough time now.
Arteta needed better players to build around. We bought Partey & Gabriel. And the emergence of Saka & Emile Smith Rowe are bonuses. And Tierney is back from injury. He has Ødegaard on loan.

And yet, we are disjointed up front. Slow and labourious in our build-up. Too many missed passes (when are you going to get the players to understand each other's movement?)

Losing faith in him very fast

Post #528632  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:44 am 

gooner7 wrote:

He’s had 2 transfer windows during covid, that’s it. :laughing7:

Post #528633  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 am 

Two years eh....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sports ... 45730.html

Post #528634  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 am 

I'd be very surprised if Arsenal were really up for sale. If so, there are contributing factors that we may not be privy to.

If he sells it will be at a good time. Leave it for another person to spend big on improving a team that has been going down the table. No Europe, means further loss of revenue. He's already seen a few years of no CL money. I am sure CL football on a regular basis was calculated into the budget back in 2008.

Anyway, I'll believe when I see it.

Post #528635  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:52 am 

I have zero confidence in us getting a win today. Draw is what I think will happen. I'm hoping I'm proven wrong. I'd love to see us get a big win and build some confidence going into the 2nd leg.

Post #528636  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Why is Covid an excuse, if that’s what you’re implying? Prices have dropped appreciably because of it. I’d have thought that was beneficial for team building at Arsenal.

Post #528637  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Arsenal were really up for sale. If so, there are contributing factors that we may not be privy to.

If he sells it will be at a good time. Leave it for another person to spend big on improving a team that has been going down the table. No Europe, means further loss of revenue. He's already seen a few years of no CL money. I am sure CL football on a regular basis was calculated into the budget back in 2008.

Anyway, I'll believe when I see it.

Everything in this world has a price however it’s certainly not 1.7. I really hope the rumour is true

Post #528638  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:07 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Why is Covid an excuse, if that’s what you’re implying? Prices have dropped appreciably because of it. I’d have thought that was beneficial for team building at Arsenal.

Haven’t you been saying for some time we have no dosh for transfers and we have to sell to buy ?

What about the 120 million loan because we can’t open our ground.

We haven’t been able to sell any of our players because of the uncertainty. There’s no doubt player trading has been made difficult because of covid

Post #528639  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:16 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Haven’t you been saying for some time we have no dosh for transfers and we have to sell to buy ?

What about the 120 million loan because we can’t open our ground.

We haven’t been able to sell any of our players because of the uncertainty. There’s no doubt player trading has been made difficult because of covid

Any lack of money for transfers is not because of Covid. Player trading has been made cheaper because of Covid. At a club like Arsenal, it’s thus surely made easier?

Post #528640  Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:23 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Any lack of money for transfers is not because of Covid.

Really ? So the club would have borrowed the 120 million from the government anyway?

Also it’s not just financial with clubs less willing to spend or sell

A report from Deloitte confirming player trading has been more difficult across Europe

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/p ... urope.html

[ 572033 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13213, 13214, 13215, 13216, 13217, 13218, 13219 ... 14301  Next