Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Decaf, mcquilkie and 280 guests

Post #471801  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You didn’t read it. You're a skim reader like myself on occasion. You skim across details and miss them.

I would say that Bernard has flaws (a point he will hotly dispute), but in any case lack of attention to detail is not one of them ...any more than letting go too easily is a common flaw for a bulldog! :laughing7: :laughing7:

I think it’s more like disregarding any observation or fact that doesn’t meet his pre decided opinion.

The sky is red .... the sky is red !,,,,

Post #471802  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:23 pm 

Rich wrote:
Looks like these champions league reform plans are going to get voted through. I don’t think this is great for the game, but it is good news for Arsenal because of the extra 4 champions league places 2 of them are wildcard entries based on uefa co-effocient. Which is the highest ranked teams not already in the CL, at the moment that puts us in the frame and with a decent run in the europa league each year our coefficient isn’t harmed that much by not being in the CL

I genuinely wish they would go back to offering it to just the champions of each country being entered in a knock out format over 2 ties

Would be such brilliant entertainment, yes I’m aware they will never do it. Football is now only about money

Post #471803  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I would say that Bernard has flaws (a point he will hotly dispute), but in any case lack of attention to detail is not one of them ...any more than letting go too easily is a common flaw for a bulldog! :laughing7: :laughing7:

I think it’s more like disregarding any observation or fact that doesn’t meet his pre decided opinion.

If you stopped making such pathetic statements I wouldn’t bother. Yes you suggested we agree to disagree. I do agree with that. We should. But in doing so you deleted the majority of a post by me that you quoted part of to presumably give the wrong impression of what I’d said. If you hadn’t have taken the time to do that, and it would have taken longer than leaving my post in full, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Niall commented on how you had done what you did as well.

Post #471804  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:30 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

If you stopped making such pathetic statements I wouldn’t bother. Yes you suggested we agree to disagree. I do agree with that. We should. But in doing so you deleted the majority of a post by me that you quoted part of to presumably give the wrong impression of what I’d said. If you hadn’t have taken the time to do that, and it would have taken longer than leaving my post in full, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Niall commented on how you had done what you did as well.

And still you harp on like an old woman......

Despite me saying let’s agree to disagree. Leave it, just leave it your coming across as weird and obsessive. Martin feeeman in Fargo ish

Post #471805  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:51 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Despite me saying let’s agree to disagree. Leave it, just leave it your coming across as weird and obsessive. Martin feeeman in Fargo ish

Look who’s talking. I’ve given you plenty of options to give this up. Let’s see if you take this one.

Post #471806  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:15 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Look who’s talking. I’ve given you plenty of options to give this up. Let’s see if you take this one.

And still...

Post #471807  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:07 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:
Looks like these champions league reform plans are going to get voted through. I don’t think this is great for the game, but it is good news for Arsenal because of the extra 4 champions league places 2 of them are wildcard entries based on uefa co-effocient. Which is the highest ranked teams not already in the CL, at the moment that puts us in the frame and with a decent run in the europa league each year our coefficient isn’t harmed that much by not being in the CL

I genuinely wish they would go back to offering it to just the champions of each country being entered in a knock out format over 2 ties

Would be such brilliant entertainment, yes I’m aware they will never do it. Football is now only about money

There is a certain romanticism about it only being the champions in it but you’d end up with the Europa league being way stronger. A champions league with only the champions would have 4/5 genuinely strong teams and the rest would be average

Post #471808  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:04 am 

City are allegedly going after Haaland and Grealish in the summer. If they get them, particularly Haaland, they could be over the hills and far away next season.

Haaland looks like the next big thing in world football. Not as technically gifted as Messi or Ronaldo but might well have the same kind of global impact goals-wise.

City have become one of the biggest clubs in the world purely based on their owners. If only ours has the same level of ambition.

Post #471809  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

And still...

Just like you then.

Post #471810  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:58 am 

socrates wrote:
City are allegedly going after Haaland and Grealish in the summer. If they get them, particularly Haaland, they could be over the hills and far away next season.

Haaland looks like the next big thing in world football. Not as technically gifted as Messi or Ronaldo but might well have the same kind of global impact goals-wise.

City have become one of the biggest clubs in the world purely based on their owners. If only ours has the same level of ambition.

What we would give to have either of those players right now.

Seems a long time since we had that type of firepower. I think we should make Villa a huge offer for Ollie Watkins, he’ll be scoring goals in the premiership for years

Post #471811  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:59 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
And still...

Just like you then.

And still

Post #471812  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 am 

Rich wrote:
There is a certain romanticism about it only being the champions in it but you’d end up with the Europa league being way stronger. A champions league with only the champions would have 4/5 genuinely strong teams and the rest would be average

That’s actually a very good point Rich.

Post #471813  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:04 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Just like you then.

And still

This started because of your own obsessiveness and you’re obviously determined to have the last word. Think about this. As a matter of principle I’m not going to let you.

Post #471814  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
And still

This started because of your own obsessiveness and you’re obviously determined to have the last word. Think about this. As a matter of principle I’m not going to let you.

And still

Post #471815  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
And still

Look who’s talking. At least I’ve got the intelligence to work out why it’s happening.

No doubt you’ll obsessively post “And still” shortly.

Post #471816  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:10 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Look who’s talking. At least I’ve got the intelligence to work out why it’s happening.

No doubt you’ll obsessively post “And still” shortly.

And still

I said let’s agree to disagree ages ago. Looks who’s obsessive rain man :laughing7:

Post #471817  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
And still

I said let’s agree to disagree ages ago. Looks who’s obsessive rain man :laughing7:

So have I said it. Moreover, I explained why I did the initial response. By taking the time (and it would have taken you time) to delete the majority of a post you deliberately gave a different impression of what I’d said. Niall commented on it too.

Post #471818  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:19 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
And still

So have I said it. Moreover, I explained why I did the initial response. By taking the time (and it would have taken you time) to delete the majority of a post you deliberately gave a different impression of what I’d said. Niall commented on it too.

And still

I said let’s agree to disagree ages ago.

Post #471819  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:53 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

And still

And I have explained why I made the earlier comment. You deliberately tried to change the meaning of what I’d said by deleting the majority of a post.

I have no doubt you’ll shortly post “And still”. In order to avoid making the forum boring for everyone else and because I have more meaningful things to do with my own time than address your pathetic obsessiveness, I intend leaving my next response until tomorrow. At least then there won’t be hundreds of posts from you saying the same thing. But I will respond tomorrow.

Post #471820  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
And still

And I have explained why I made the earlier comment. You deliberately tried to change the meaning of what I’d said by deleting the majority of a post.

I have no doubt you’ll shortly post “And still”. In order to avoid making the forum boring for everyone else, I intend leaving my next response until tomorrow. At least then there won’t be hundreds of posts from you saying the same thing. But I will respond tomorrow.

And still

I said let’s agree to disagree ages ago. Your conduct isn’t that of a gentlemen

Post #471821  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
And still

Actually I will respond to that today. Do you think it’s gentlemanly to change the meaning of what someone else has posted? Because I don’t and that’s exactly what you did.

Post #471822  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
And still

Actually I will respond to that today. Do you think it’s gentlemanly to change the meaning of what someone else has posted? Because I don’t and that’s exactly what you did.

And still

I said let’s agree to disagree ages ago acknowledging the part of the post omitted from the quote so I addressed it. It would be the act of a gentlemen to accept this but you aren’t.

Post #471823  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:58 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
I often am the only one sticking up for our players at the moment

My reading from your many posts is that you do truly believe that.

My opinion is that you are not the only one. Not by a long chalk.

Post #471824  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I often am the only one sticking up for our players at the moment

I must miss the posts from others defending our top goal scorer and Leno when everybody tears into them.

Post #471825  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I must miss the posts from others defending our top goal scorer and Leno when everybody tears into them.

Everybody does not tear into them.

Post #471826  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:04 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Seriously. Leno gets blamed on here by many for every goal we concede that doesn’t fly perfectly into the top corner.

.. I’ll point it out next time it occurs :58big-emoticons:

Post #471827  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Seriously. Leno gets blamed on here by many for every goal we concede that doesn’t fly perfectly into the top corner.

So, ‘everybody’ has now become ‘many’. It reality it’s not even that. Try ‘a few’

Railing against everybody is a nonsense.

Post #471828  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:09 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

So, ‘everybody’ has now become ‘many’. It reality it’s not even that. Try ‘a few’

Might be worth me checking next time how many when Leno makes the terrible mistake of conceding a goal from a penalty or something. Quick headcount required eh

Post #471829  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:26 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Agreed. TG's endless posts positioning himself as a champion of the club's oppressed players are as ridiculous as they are tedious. Any chance we can convene the Tribal Council?

Post #471830  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:38 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Agreed. TG's endless posts positioning himself as a champion of the club's oppressed players are as ridiculous as they are tedious.

Hey I see myself as a natural antidote to the endless tirade againest people supposed to be our champions and heroes. Sorry if you find this boring.

Post #471831  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:44 pm 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/31/photo-18-year-old-arsenal-gem-spotted-challenging-gabriel-martinelli-at-london-colney/

Yesterday, Mikel Arteta was seen at London Colney preparing his Arsenal players for Saturday’s clash against Liverpool.

Among the crowd, an unfamiliar face was spotted next to Gabriel Martinelli, one who Arteta has never used before.

It was Kido Taylor-Hart who was seen at London Colney, a player whose future at the Emirates Stadium was actually clouded in uncertainly until recently.

The 18-year-old’s contract expires in the summer, and there was little mention of a renewal until Football London‘s exclusive report on March 5th.

In that story, they claimed that Arsenal had made an offer to the teenager, amid interest from clubs in Germany, England, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Post #471832  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Agreed. TG's endless posts positioning himself as a champion of the club's oppressed players are as ridiculous as they are tedious. Any chance we can convene the Tribal Council?

Also, isn’t Xhaka one of our players who gets more abuse than the likes of Leno, albeit most of it from one person?

Xhaka speaking very highly of Arteta, and appears to give him credit for keeping him at the club.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... 3ae133acee

Post #471833  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:50 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:
Agreed. TG's endless posts positioning himself as a champion of the club's oppressed players are as ridiculous as they are tedious.

Hey I see myself as a natural antidote to the endless tirade againest people supposed to be our champions and heroes. Sorry if you find this boring.

I'd suggest delusional more than boring. Is there anyone else on the forum who sees TG the way he sees himself? The man's an antidote, isn't he? Anyone ...?

Post #471834  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:04 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I'd suggest delusional more than boring. Is there anyone else on the forum who sees TG the way he sees himself? The man's an antidote, isn't he? Anyone ...?

Hey like I seek to acquire anyone’s approval anyway :laughing7:

Post #471835  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

Also, isn’t Xhaka one of our players who gets more abuse than the likes of Leno, albeit most of it from one person?

Xhaka speaking very highly of Arteta, and appears to give him credit for keeping him at the club.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... 3ae133acee

It’s not in the players interests to slag off their manager and not in the managers interests to slag off the player

Surely this is obvious ?

When the mafia decide to whack a wiseguy they don’t tell the guy in advance

Post #471836  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:10 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

Fair enough, but you enjoyed bubblechris' petition getting zero votes. Let's see how your poll goes.

Post #471837  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:12 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Fair enough, but you enjoyed bubblechris' petition getting zero votes. Let's see how your poll goes.

I enjoyed his petition getting zero votes because the subject matter was abhorrent at a time that required a little sensitivity.

Post #471838  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

I enjoyed his petition getting zero votes because the subject matter was abhorrent at a time that required a little sensitivity.

I agree about the subject matter, but seeing 'Top Gun' and 'sensitivity' on the same web page ... well ...

Post #471839  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:28 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I agree about the subject matter, but seeing 'Top Gun' and 'sensitivity' on the same web page ... well ...

That’s hurtful and unfair. I’m extremely sensitive I’ll let you know.

I hate to see animals in pain, campaign and protest on behalf of a range of social issues, like to pick flowers on long walks and I keep a journal/diary.

Post #471840  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

That’s hurtful and unfair. I’m extremely sensitive I’ll let you know.

I hate to see animals in pain, campaign and protest on behalf of a range of social issues, like to pick flowers on long walks and I keep a journal/diary.

Sorry, TG, I've misjudged you. I also enjoy picking flowers on long walks but have never been brave enough to keep a journal.

[ 517581 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11793, 11794, 11795, 11796, 11797, 11798, 11799 ... 12940  Next