Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 285 guests

Post #532721  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:19 am 

Rich wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Rich,

Why don't they just implement a rule that says if there is clear daylight between the line and the bottom of the ball (the part touching the ground) then the ball is deemed to be out of play. That way there is no trying to second guess whether the curvature of the ball means part of it is still in play.

Not a perfect solution but at least everyone knows where they stand.

It would certainly make it easier to judge ball in/ball out - but it would go against goal-line technology which I think would be a problem. A ball that is out on any other part of the pitch is out....apart from on the goal line when it is in

Goal-line technology gives a definitive answer whilst all other areas of the pitch do not have this luxury so just accept that if there is daylight between the bottom of the ball and the line its deemed to be out. No point umming and aahing about the curvature of the ball, because it seems no one is currently able to measure it precisely from a freeze frame.

Post #532722  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 am 

So it seems Everton will be docked 12 points for FFP breaches.

Will City and Chelsea receive huge points deductions for multiple breaches....I won't hold my breath.

Stripping big teams of titles and trophies is the only way to send a proper message to clubs that cheating will not be tolerated.

Post #532723  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:
It would certainly make it easier to judge ball in/ball out - but it would go against goal-line technology which I think would be a problem. A ball that is out on any other part of the pitch is out....apart from on the goal line when it is in

Goal-line technology gives a definitive answer whilst all other areas of the pitch do not have this luxury so just accept that if there is daylight between the bottom of the ball and the line its deemed to be out. No point umming and aahing about the curvature of the ball, because it seems no one is currently able to measure it precisely from a freeze frame.

Why would it be so hard to have it on the other lines? There is so much money in the sport.

Post #532724  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:16 pm 

https://x.com/murray_kinsella/status/17 ... -j6VVZXEoA

4 game ban for this challenge in rugby….looks familiar

Post #532725  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:48 pm 

Arteta charged.

Stick to your guns Mik. Bunch of arse.

Post #532726  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:21 pm 

Just ridiculous

https://youtu.be/9nSgsgq46aI?si=M_sozGWlre5jnbT-

Load 0f *%^@*** morons from Manchester in a room mincing. Talking bullocks.

Post #532727  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:40 pm 

Rumours emerging of a secret 7m euro payment Abramovich made to Eden Hazard’s agent to transfer him to Chelsea. It’s also reported that Wenger wanted him, we were his first choice but his agent vetoed the deal.

We all know it was happening but if they can eke out some facts and evidence then what happens?

Everton are facing a 12 point deduction- Everton! What are they going to do with Chelsea and Man City

Post #532728  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:20 pm 

Rich wrote:
Rumours emerging of a secret 7m euro payment Abramovich made to Eden Hazard’s agent to transfer him to Chelsea. It’s also reported that Wenger wanted him, we were his first choice but his agent vetoed the deal.

We all know it was happening but if they can eke out some facts and evidence then what happens?

Everton are facing a 12 point deduction- Everton! What are they going to do with Chelsea and Man City

I will hazard a guess as to your final question. SFA

Post #532729  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:36 pm 

Theyve released the audio for the penalty given for Newcastle against wolves which the PGMOL said was the wrong var decision not to over turn it. What is interesting is the var on that decision was Jared Gillet, who was also the Var who advised to cancel Havertz penalty v Man U. In both var audios Gillet says ‘there’s minimal contact on the X leg’ but in one instance that minimal contact he saw was used to cancel the penalty for us and in the other it was used to justify maintaining the penalty decision for Newcastle.

That Havertz penalty is still the only penalty given for a foul that has been over turned this season

Post #532730  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:09 am 

DHD wrote:
Arteta charged.

The head of the PGMOL has admitted that his officials missed two red cards in the match. Is that the first time 2 var decisions have been wrong - I’d say Arteta was quite right calling them a disgrace. By simple right/wrong decisions they’ve performed the worst of any game since var was introduced

Post #532731  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:48 am 

Martinelli scored his first goal for Brazil last night - but they lost 2-1 to Colombia. Gabriel also played. Thankfully Jesus did not despite Brazil calling up a clearly injured player and making him fly all the way to SA whilst Ederson of Man City was allowed to pull out - same with Rodri pulling out of the Spain squad, Rodri is literally never injured but then suddenly gets injured for the 2 week international break.

Post #532732  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 am 

Rich wrote:
DHD wrote:
Arteta charged.

The head of the PGMOL has admitted that his officials missed two red cards in the match. Is that the first time 2 var decisions have been wrong - I’d say Arteta was quite right calling them a disgrace. By simple right/wrong decisions they’ve performed the worst of any game since var was introduced

"It's alleged that his comments constitute misconduct as they are insulting towards match officials and/or detrimental to the game and/or bring the game into disrepute".

Seriously - in this instance, just who the actual *%^@ is bringing the game into disrepute?

Mikel should get lawyered up with the biggest brained KC that money can buy. He should resist this spurious charge with the full and obvious support of the Club.

The defence team should require the presence at the hearing of the match officials, the VAR 'team' and Howard 'Mr Integrity' Webb. Their evidence should be tested under close questioning and examination.

They should be ripped apart.

PGMOL should be shown up for all the world to see as the self-important, self-serving and incompetent clowns that we all know them to be.

Post #532733  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:12 am 

DHD wrote:
Rich wrote:

"It's alleged that his comments constitute misconduct as they are insulting towards match officials and/or detrimental to the game and/or bring the game into disrepute".

Seriously - in this instance, just who the actual *%^@ is bringing the game into disrepute?

Mikel should get lawyered up with the biggest brained KC that money can buy. He should resist this spurious charge with the full and obvious support of the Club.

The defence team should require the presence at the hearing of the match officials, the VAR 'team' and Howard 'Mr Integrity' Webb. Their evidence should be tested under close questioning and examination.

PGMOL should be shown up for all the world to see as the self-important, self-serving and incompetent clowns that we all know them to be.

Not to mention how funny it would be to compare Mikel's comments with those of Klopp and others in court.

Post #532734  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:20 pm 

Everton deducted 10 points.

Post #532735  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:04 pm 

DHD wrote:

They'll obviously fight it and it may be seen as somewhat harsh that Everton are the first team to receive proper punishment considering what others have done, but I'm glad - nothing against Everton - but hopefully it gives more strength to punish mothers.

From Everton's side of things it might not be the worst season to take such a punishment, they are almost certainly 10 points better than at least 3 teams in the league this season

Post #532736  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:23 pm 

Rich wrote:
DHD wrote:

They'll obviously fight it and it may be seen as somewhat harsh that Everton are the first team to receive proper punishment considering what others have done, but I'm glad - nothing against Everton - but hopefully it gives more strength to punish mothers.

From Everton's side of things it might not be the worst season to take such a punishment, they are almost certainly 10 points better than at least 3 teams in the league this season

Rich, why do you want to punish mothers? :42laughter: :1laughter:

Post #532737  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:54 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Mother*&*#&ers?

Post #532738  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:12 pm 

DHD wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-17/ ... /103121316

Post #532739  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:29 pm 

Decaf wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Mother*&*#&ers?

A response I cant better

Post #532740  Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:34 pm 

Decaf wrote:
DHD wrote:

Not to mention how funny it would be to compare Mikel's comments with those of Klopp and others in court.

Klopp
"We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true."

He's not only suggested an official is wrong but that he is bias against Liverpool. Far worse than anything Arteta said

Post #532741  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:59 am 

Hmmm

Attachments:

Post #532742  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:09 pm 

City must definitely be shook seeing what's happened to Everton. Everton will stay up I think but its not the point.

A question. What if we win the title one year by virtue of City penalized points? How would you feel? You already know the neutrals and rivals would want to put an asterisk next to it.

Post #532743  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:12 pm 

And more points possibly deducted.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... eague-news

Post #532744  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:19 pm 

Arsenal U16 beat Liverpool U16 14-3 today!

Chido Obi-Martin scored 10! He’s only 15, usually plays at U18 level and has trained with the first team before.

I’d heard of him before this game as one to watch

Post #532745  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:42 pm 

Havertz started at left back for Germany tonight….and scored

Post #532746  Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:34 pm 

https://www.planetfootball.com/trending ... erry-henry

Link to a write up and goals of Obi-Martin’s 10 goals for the U16’s

Post #532747  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:00 am 

Rich wrote:

Interesting position for him to play in. Did Arteta asked Germany to help him test Havertz at that role?

Post #532748  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:12 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Interesting position for him to play in. Did Arteta asked Germany to help him test Havertz at that role?

On his performances with us this year his best position is: left right out.

Post #532749  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:49 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Supposed you will be glued to your screen in less than an hour for the cricket final

Post #532750  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:57 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Supposed you will be glued to your screen in less than an hour for the cricket final

Haven't been too well unfortunately. I will watch for a little while but I think we will struggle and no matter what is happening, an early night beckons. Should we actually win there will be highlights tomorrow.

Post #532751  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:20 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Haven't been too well unfortunately. I will watch for a little while but I think we will struggle and no matter what is happening, an early night beckons. Should we actually win there will be highlights tomorrow.

Take care

Post #532752  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:23 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

They've got India in a bit of bother. Really brave cricket.

Post #532753  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:41 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Haven't been too well unfortunately. I will watch for a little while but I think we will struggle and no matter what is happening, an early night beckons.

Have you got covid like I have ?

Post #532754  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:57 pm 

warrior wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Haven't been too well unfortunately. I will watch for a little while but I think we will struggle and no matter what is happening, an early night beckons.

Speedy Recovery

Post #532755  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:45 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
warrior wrote:

Speedy Recovery

No not COVID but quick change of seasons to humidity and my sinuses turned into a migraine headache and been unable to shake it. I hope it’s not COVID. Awoke early to good news with the cricket but still feel a bit vague. Have to have some other tests this morning so will hopefully catch some highlights later. Thanks to all for the concerns but generally I’m okay. Warrior take care, the bloody thing is cutting a swathe thru the country again.

Post #532756  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:18 am 

City are good enough to win the league with a 10 point deduction. Maybe not this season the way its going but generally, they could. They won the '18 and '21 title by more than 10 points.

Post #532757  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:47 am 

gooner7 wrote:
warrior wrote:

Speedy Recovery

It's been 10 days now. No fever at least but still zero taste or smell. Nose blocked constantly.

Post #532758  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:19 am 

Interesting that Martinelli played and scored up front for Brazil and has been training in that position. As I’ve said for a while now seems a bit weird we haven’t tried him in that role.

Post #532759  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:19 am 

:58big-emoticons:

Attachments:

Post #532760  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:39 am 

warrior wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Speedy Recovery

It's been 10 days now. No fever at least but still zero taste or smell. Nose blocked constantly.

I hope you start picking up. I know a lot of people with long symptoms and recovery after losing symptoms is still bad with extreme fatigue.

[ 537937 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13316, 13317, 13318, 13319, 13320, 13321, 13322 ... 13449  Next