Fixtures Sunday May 12th - Manchester United - Old Trafford - 4:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gunfire, warrior and 52 guests

Post #390561  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 pm 

Can Man Utd please play like this at the weekend?

Post #390562  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 pm 

dec wrote:

At the moment do Man U even have much of a day in this. This is their level right now.
If they have to play Evans and Casemiro as a pair of CB we should tear them apart.

Post #390563  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
dec wrote:

At the moment do Man U even have much of a day in this. This is their level right now.
If they have to play Evans and Casemiro as a pair of CB we should tear them apart.

They're a weird bunch. Generally shite but occasionally raise it against the good teams.

Post #390564  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 pm 

4-0.

Post #390565  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:56 pm 

I don’t usually care what other clubs do, but I have to say that Westham is a club who I just can’t understand. The push to get rid of Moyes is strange. This is a bloke who has got them into Europe, they weren’t in the relegation zone and he actually won them a trophy. Let’s see where they are this time next year. I just hope they send him off with a really big performance.

Post #390566  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:15 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I don’t usually care what other clubs do, but I have to say that Westham is a club who I just can’t understand. The push to get rid of Moyes is strange. This is a bloke who has got them into Europe, they weren’t in the relegation zone and he actually won them a trophy. Let’s see where they are this time next year. I just hope they send him off with a really big performance.

It’s big ambitions from US owners and the perceived ceiling to where Moyes can take them with his playing style from what I’ve heard.

Could all backfire for sure.

Post #390567  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 pm 

Rich wrote:
Ash wrote:

I think it’s starting position Rich. Teams who are proven title challengers get criticised for a 1% drop, teams who do well from a much lower starting position are praised for a while until their perceived level is raised, and they start getting judged by that metric.

See Leicester 4ish season ago under Brendon. Praised for being in the top 4/5 then criticised as bottlers when they eventually dropped out of the top 4 late on in the season 2 years in a row.

I can hardly think Spurs think they get favourable media coverage when the phrase, “Lads, it’s Tottenham.” and the word “Spursy” are fully embedded part of English football’s lexicon.

Spurs for sure get their fair share of jokes at their expense it’s more the over the top positivity when they do anything good. There were headlines asking ‘were spurs the real winners?’ When they lost 4-1 to Chelsea, down to 9 men and played the entire tee am on the half way line. The praise is miles beyond any other non trophy winning team gets

Yeah that’s probably fair, I think the journo who authored the story you linked is a spurs fan is he not? I think there are quite a few spurs fans in journalistic places. The Chelsea thing was ridiculous but it possibly was the novelty of it all. It took a few weeks to answer that b%*&s%*^ question.

Post #390568  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:29 pm 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

They're a weird bunch. Generally shite but occasionally raise it against the good teams.

And now they’ll be all fired up due to the embarrassing nature of the loss.

Only hope I have is they won’t want City to win it but that’s probably more a fan perspective.

Post #390569  Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:34 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

For all his positives I think Moyes has a habit of badly misreading games and tactics sometimes. One minute they’ll be performing really well and next they’re getting ripped apart. Obviously limited by their personnel and think he has done well overall to get them where they are but just not enough to take them any further.

We also nicked their World Class midfielder which didn’t help them this year.

Post #390570  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:52 am 

Rich wrote:
Havertz numbers when he’s played as a Striker for us, and this doesn’t count the assist for the penalty v Bournemouth which is always count as an assist.
I’m not suggesting a full season of Havertz at 9 is going to put up Haaland type numbers but he’s been very effective for us as a striker, and not in a non scoring just facilitating others way, he’s putting up good numbers for goals and assists.
Personally I’d still like to see us bring in a new striker this summer but that conversation is more broad now because of the budget doesn’t stretch to a £100m striker AND a £100m midfielder (for example) then there may be an option to bring in a younger and cheaper striker to focus on the midfield signing

Some rumours starting about Isak. Yes or No?. A no for me cos he seems to be more effective when playing in behind the line and that doesn’t suit how teams play against us.

Post #390571  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 am 

Pundits, neutrals and even many man Utd fans are expecting them to lose this weekend.

A draw is well within our capabilities. But we need a win and that's the problem. On form for both sides, we win.
We've only had maybe 2 league wins there in close to 20 years. To be on balance we haven't been as good as we are now for the most part. And they were a decent side for much of that time, Moyes era, etc notwithstanding.

Very different circumstances this time around. There are a few games this season that made me think we have arrived. Beating City and not losing to them. Beating Spurs away which was difficult even with our great sides. 2 things left. Winning at both Old Trafford and Anfield.

Being able to win at OT ushered in the Wenger era.

Post #390572  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:16 am 

If we can't win there in their sorry state and our skill and form, we may not able to at all on the near future

Post #390573  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:27 am 

Will Man Utd go low block or attacking?

My guess is low block. The form they are in and the embarrassed humiliating loss with our current form, I can see that. They might be fearing a home humiliation. For them they want a win but will take a draw.

For us we need a win, no substitute for that..

If low block I think we will unlock them. Eventually.

Post #390574  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:58 am 

Surely this is the moment to exact some revenge on united. That back 4 they had last night was hysterical :14laughter:

2 ropey full backs, a 36 year centre half who should be on talksport by now, a fat Brazilian just there for a paycheck and a liability keeper who gets done on his near post every game.

Come on lads do the right thing eh.

Post #390575  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:05 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Rich wrote:
Havertz numbers when he’s played as a Striker for us, and this doesn’t count the assist for the penalty v Bournemouth which is always count as an assist.
I’m not suggesting a full season of Havertz at 9 is going to put up Haaland type numbers but he’s been very effective for us as a striker, and not in a non scoring just facilitating others way, he’s putting up good numbers for goals and assists.
Personally I’d still like to see us bring in a new striker this summer but that conversation is more broad now because of the budget doesn’t stretch to a £100m striker AND a £100m midfielder (for example) then there may be an option to bring in a younger and cheaper striker to focus on the midfield signing

Some rumours starting about Isak. Yes or No?. A no for me cos he seems to be more effective when playing in behind the line and that doesn’t suit how teams play against us.

He’s something different to what we have, pace but with finishing ability. I’d say he’s probably the most likely candidate based on what we need. I acknowledge the point about not being able to get in behind but I think he seems adaptable.

However as I’ve said previously I seriously doubt we will go big for a striker. We will get rid of Eddie and sign a profile of a young player 20-24 with great potential but not the finished article to provide another option. I will be very shocked if they go big.

Post #390576  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:01 am 

I haven’t seen tons of Isaak but I think he’d be great in this team. However, with the development of Havertz this season, not to mention Jesus with a summer to get fit and healthy, I think any marque signing will be in midfield. Jorghinio and Partey when fit are excellent, but imagine having a fitter, younger, faster and more creative option than them. Suddenly our opponents would have to be very careful doubling up on our wide players. I’ve heard people talk of Guimares which I was against at first but he would probably excel in this team.

Post #390577  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:36 am 

Maybe just idle rumor mongering but I can see Atletico interested in Jesus.

https://www.arsenalinsider.com/transfer ... h-display/

Post #390578  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:38 am 

Bored wrote:
I haven’t seen tons of Isaak but I think he’d be great in this team. However, with the development of Havertz this season, not to mention Jesus with a summer to get fit and healthy, I think any marque signing will be in midfield. Jorghinio and Partey when fit are excellent, but imagine having a fitter, younger, faster and more creative option than them. Suddenly our opponents would have to be very careful doubling up on our wide players. I’ve heard people talk of Guimares which I was against at first but he would probably excel in this team.

Isaak was teammates with Ødegaard at Real Sociedad when Ødegaard was there on loan while on Real Madrid's books. This may have some bearing on Isaak coming.

Post #390579  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:40 am 

This true?

Attachments:

Post #390580  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:45 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
This true?

Fake - No smart phones taking pics ? C'mon.

Football Heritage
FLASHBACK photo of the Day. It’s October 10, 1959. The Press Association reports: “What more could Tottenham Hotspur fans want? And this is the pose that brought wolf whistles from the near-capacity crowd when Hollywood star Jayne Mansfield sat on the edge of the director’s box at halftime. Jayne was at the match to speak on Tottenham’s relay service to local hospitals. She was able to tell them that Spurs beat Wolves 5-1.

Post #390581  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:50 am 

Why should Michael Owens' opinion about anything related to Arsenal be relevant. He hates us. Which surprises me. Not Man Utd, not Everton. Maybe its a north/south thing. Maybe because we were the team standing between them and trophies and a title, Man Utd notwithstanding.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/cole-p ... 25122.html

Post #390582  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 pm 

Fair bit of Declan Rice plaudits coming from all angles. Moyes puts losing him as the primary reason for West Ham’s problems. I think one thing that has been slightly overlooked by pundits is I think in their eyes it was inevitable that Rice would be great because he was great for West Ham - we all know that’s not how it works, but for me what’s been overlooked is he’s got ridiculously better this year. Rice himself has said that Arteta has opened his eyes to so much detail in football and improved his all round game well beyond where it was. If it is mentioned I see a lot of credit to Rice but not much for Arteta in unlocking this in Rice. People talk about the money Arteta has spent but £650m in 4.5 seasons doesn’t get you where we are from where we were unless you are improving those players. You only have to look at the value of those players now to see how much Arteta improves players

Post #390583  Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pm 

Well done Dortmund. I hope they win it.

[ 390583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9761, 9762, 9763, 9764, 9765