Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Rich, warrior and 9 guests

Post #552561  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:43 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
When does the realisation happen when they understand this thing will eat through everything we have and they can’t lie about it anymore ?

Economic growth, our currency and even the construct of the UK. It destroys it all.

It’s become so tiresome reading about the damage we are doing to ourselves.

We're not the ones doing the damage.

But voting Tory at the next election will mean you are responsible for letting them get away with it.

When Truss is re elected in 2 years it will be the strangest feeling. A nation unable to help itself move forward. Totally controlled by the media and bought politicians

Post #552562  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 am 

Or maybe a lot of people have made a democratic decision to support her over Starmer?

Post #552563  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:58 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Or maybe a lot of people have made a democratic decision to support her over Starmer?

Nope

Doesn’t work that way in the UK.

They have a word with Murdoch and rothermere who then do their bidding for them and direct their publications to smear any opponent. A country that doesn’t know its being manipulated. How can there be so much public disdain for Meghan Markle despite her never saying a word. The press. Alters public opinion. Far less democracy than many think

Post #552564  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:01 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

Not sure that will happen. Tory voters I know aren't happy.

Post #552565  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:03 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
When Truss is re elected in 2 years it will be the strangest feeling. A nation unable to help itself move forward. Totally controlled by the media and bought politicians

Nope

Doesn’t work that way in the UK.

They have a word with Murdoch and rothermere who then do their bidding for them and direct their publications to smear any opponent. A country that doesn’t know its being manipulated. How can there be so much public disdain for Meghan Markle despite her never saying a word. The press. Alters public opinion. Far less democracy than many think[/quote]

And don't forget the insidious effect of the likes of Cambridge Analytica. Takes manipulation of individuals to a whole new level.

And that, however people vote, is not good for any democracy.

Post #552566  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:04 pm 

john1 wrote:

It’ll happen trust me.

The press will bail them out with a coordinated smear campaign. They’ll retain their base.

Nothing changes the public opinion so much crap is forced down it’s throat.

Post #552567  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:21 pm 

… now letters of no confidence going in. Yet the thickos who thought this was a good idea won’t admit it’s a disaster

Post #552568  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:28 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
john1 wrote:

:sign19:

Ok, on behalf of those interested, I'll ask:

What's a pl**ck??

Good question, john. You could additionally ask, who the pl**ck are Willie John and Tony O'Reilly?

Obviously for the plonking neanderthals of the world ... who have never heard of Floyd Patterson , Joe Di Maggio , Mahatma Ghandi , Vic Seixas , Edmund Hillary , Alan Turing , Jackie Robinson ..... what can I say ...dim dumb derelict .

Willie John obviously was the greatest rugby lock Ireland is ever likely to produce

.... he king hit Colin Meads [ the All Blacks best ever ] in one game ; Meads went down ; Wilson Whineray All Black captain at the time said to Meads "" FFS don't show him you''re hurt "

Next lineout about five All Blacks punched Mc Bride , he got carried off on a stretcher .

Tony O Reilly was probably one of the best rugby wings ever ...strong , fast ...became CEO of I think Kellogs or some monster multi corporation .

Post #552569  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:50 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

The only test will be when a GE is called. No one has had a chance to vote for either as PM yet.

Besides, I have this nagging feeling Boris may well be back in charge of the Tories by next year.

Post #552570  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:51 pm 

john1 wrote:

Why not stop playing Billy Big Balls with Russia .... negotiate a peace settlement ...get them to turn back on gas , oil , uranium , food , grain . fertiliser , palladium chromium etc .

Post #552571  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
… now letters of no confidence going in. Yet the thickos who thought this was a good idea won’t admit it’s a disaster

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. Insider dealing much???? Brexit was forged on exactly the same principle. A few elites making money from our hardship and the financial turmoil.

This stuff will be taught in history classes one day.

Post #552572  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:56 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. Insider dealing much???? Brexit was forged on exactly the same principle. A few elites making money from our hardship and the financial turmoil.

This stuff will be taught in history classes one day.

It's naked corruption imo. They're not even trying to hide it any more.

Post #552573  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:02 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

Why not stop playing Billy Big Balls with Russia .... negotiate a peace settlement ...get them to turn back on gas , oil , uranium , food , grain . fertiliser , palladium chromium etc .

Because they will ask for a chunk of the Ukraine in exchange :laughing7:

Is it not blatantly obvious.

Can’t negotiate with that bloke Pete

Post #552574  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. day.

And who was he married to ? A murdoch

It’s a cabal

Post #552575  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
john1 wrote:

Because if you give him an inch.........?

And if it works for him, what'll stop China into Taiwan, North into South Korea, etc.? Oh, and Australia into NZ??

Post #552576  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:17 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:
Good question, john. You could additionally ask, who the pl**ck are Willie John and Tony O'Reilly?

Obviously for the plonking neanderthals of the world ... who have never heard of Floyd Patterson , Joe Di Maggio , Mahatma Ghandi , Vic Seixas , Edmund Hillary , Alan Turing , Jackie Robinson ..... what can I say ...dim dumb derelict .

Willie John obviously was the greatest rugby lock Ireland is ever likely to produce

.... he king hit Colin Meads [ the All Blacks best ever ] in one game ; Meads went down ; Wilson Whineray All Black captain at the time said to Meads "" FFS don't show him you''re hurt "

Next lineout about five All Blacks punched Mc Bride , he got carried off on a stretcher .

Tony O Reilly was probably one of the best rugby wings ever ...strong , fast ...became CEO of I think Kellogs or some monster multi corporation .

All well and good, Pete boy, but you didn't answer my question. Pay attention now. :icon_mrgreen:

What's a pl**ck??

Post #552577  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Of course he [ Putin ] will ask for a big chunk of Ukraine Little Top Gun ... but what is the alternative ...?

I'll say this kindly ; The West f***& up badly , they thought Russia was a glorified gas station masquerading as a country GDP the same as Leichtenstein .

Turns out they've got a damn side more clout than you [ UK ] bargained for .

Donbass Kherson Luhansk Donetsk regions are all Russian speakers ; they want to be Russian and like it or not that's the way it is going to roll .

Ursala , Liz , Olaf , Macron , Biden , Blinken , Jans can bluster all they like but they wont get those regions back .

Ask Napolean and Hitler what it's like to have a skirmish with Russia

Post #552578  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:39 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Of course he [ Putin ] will ask for a big chunk of Ukraine Little Top Gun ... but what is the alternative ...?

I'll say this kindly ; The West f***& up badly , they thought Russia was a glorified gas station masquerading as a country GDP the same as Leichtenstein .

Donbass Kherson Luhansk Donetsk regions are all Russian speakers ; they want to be Russian and like it or not that's the way it is going to roll .

Ursala , Liz , Olaf , Macron , Biden , Blinken , Jans can bluster all they like but they wont get those regions back .

And if he asks for a chunk of NZ what part will you give him then ?

The mistake is thinking the west can affect this stuff, they can’t. He’s doing it anyway and it’s amazing the way he gets these countries to look inward rather than at his behaviour.

Btw I wouldn’t bet on Russia holding those positions. Ukraine have surprised many and are about to get another 2 billion in weapons arriving

Post #552579  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:43 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:
So Cripsin Odey is a hedge find manager and large Tory donor. Backs and donates to Kwasi Kwerting. Kwerting becomes chancellor. Announces tax cuts that tank the pound. Odey bet against the pound and has now made another fortune on the back of it. day.

And who was he married to ? A murdoch

It’s a cabal

Didn't know that. Yes, it's a carve up.

Post #552580  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

The mistake is thinking the west can affect this stuff, they can’t. He’s doing it anyway and it’s amazing the way he gets these countries to look inward rather than at his behaviour.

Btw I wouldn’t bet on Russia holding those positions. Ukraine have surprised many and are about to get another 2 billion in weapons arriving

The biggest challenge to Putin will come from within. His people will turn on him sooner rather than later.

Post #552581  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:48 pm 

john1 wrote:
All well and good, Pete boy, but you didn't answer my question. Pay attention now. :icon_mrgreen:

What's a pl**ck??

Okay so I'm paying attention Johnny Boy .... this was supposed to be a little interchange between myself and the little Irishman Dec ...hopefully he has a few more clues than you and that half witted domiciled Awstralian plonker Mc Q .

If he's at a loss to what I'm talking about so be it .

Next door neighbour to my son went into a old peoples home [ dementia ] ... dementia's relatives cleaning out the house ; offered my son a ton of gear . Tools tables chairs etc .
Son says to me .."" do you drink wine "" I give him my best Lee van Cleef flinty eyed squint ..... are you kidding ... is it liquid / alcoholic ?

I inherit twenty bottles ; dates back to 1968 , expressly bottled for Alan W Johson ......trying to get the cork out ; Mqama Mia what a mission .

Hold on a sec .... put a 10mm bit into my 18volt De Walt battery drill ....BLAAAT ...bored straight the cork . Take that you SOB

Decant through a little tea strainer ...done and dusted

Post #552582  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:50 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The biggest challenge to Putin will come from within. His people will turn on him sooner rather than later.

Ha ha ha ...you believe that Darren ...you'll also subscribe to the Tooth Fairy

Post #552583  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:57 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Darren wrote:

You’re determined to make a *%^@ of yourself about this one aren’t you Pete

Post #552584  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

??? ...why on earth is he going to ask for a chunk of NZ .

Ukraine have surprised no one ; they are getting smashed ...cannon fodder . Russians control the air , have infinetly more tanks ; firepower .
Mobilising another 300,000 troops they will steam roll the Ukrainians . Forget the BS stories about demonstrations , Russians fleeing the country not wanting to serve .

Sadly the Ukranians are pawns ; when the dust has settled that little clown in the green T shirt will retire to Knightsbridge or Miami live on the pigs back after wrecking his country .

Post #552585  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

:58big-emoticons: Not at all Big Guy .

I'm always bemused by these short nasty little quips you resort to when a few facts short circuit your viewpoint

Putin has about an 85% approval rating ; Russians realise the West hates them ; seizing of Russian yachts , property , freezing bank assetts , travel bans , no fly zones cancelling Mer card

That is not to say he wont get assassinated/ sidelined in some CIA inspired Lumumba , Mossadegh , Allende , Hussein Ghaddafi , Norieaga , Guevera , Solameini Bin Ladan type plot

Post #552586  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:38 pm 

Darren wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

The only test will be when a GE is called. No one has had a chance to vote for either as PM yet.

Besides, I have this nagging feeling Boris may well be back in charge of the Tories by next year.

I doubt he'll be back. It will be Truss V Starmer. As an outsider if the economy is going well and the cost of living criss has abated I can see Truss winning. If the economy is bad it's Starmer's. Conspiracy guff about the media doesn't come into it.

Post #552587  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:50 pm 

Anthony Taylor is the ref of the NLD, I think he's certainly one of the better refs in the league.

Jared Gillet (the aussie) is on VAR, that is more of a worry as he has a history of c*cking up var decisions. He was the var ref who ruled out the west ham goal v chelsea when Bowen jumped over the gk Mendy and fractionally caught the tip of his boot on Mendy. For us Gillet is the var ref who found some reason to think Chambers fouled a Palace player before our goal that would have won the game 3-2 back in 2019 - One of those wones I believe the PGMOL came out after and had to apologise for. Gillet was also the var ref for our home game v Man City last year.

Post #552588  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:35 pm 

Saw this as a best current Arsenal English team
Ramsdale, Souza, Holding, white, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, Patino, Saka, Nketiah, Balogun.

Would be interesting to see what the other big sides would put out.

Post #552589  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:45 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I hope so. I don't fancy facing Spurs sans Partey.

You’re getting confused. The number of days recovery refers to concussion as possibly incurred by Tierney. Partey injuring himself warming up is another story.

Aha :laughing7: Too much to take in

Post #552590  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:01 pm 

A Germany player giving Kane a decent whack wouldn't be the worst thing tonight......

Post #552591  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:03 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
dec wrote:
Tierney gone off with concussion in the Scotland v Ireland game.

No doubt ..head butted by Willie John or kicked in the bollocks by Tony O'Reilly .
Be Jasus ; I've followed the underhand misadventures of the doity Oirish pl**cks since 1959 .

I can't quite figure out how a kick in the bollocks, as you so gracefully put it, can cause concussion....but there you go.

In fairness to the All Blacks, you couldn't accuse them of underhand carry-on. It's normally totally blatant.

As to your later posts,.I absolutely knew who you were talking about. McBride and O'Reilly were before my time though. I could only go back to the early 80s when it comes to rugby.

Post #552592  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:14 pm 

Saka came on for England and changed the game. Was involved in everything good England did and is so far and away England’s best right sided attacker.

Maguire had another shocker. If you play 3 at the back there’s always a nagging feeling for me that you’re trying to cover up the inherit weaknesses of your defenders.

England looks far better when they actually attack with some pace and freedom. Play a back 4 and pick your CB from Stones, White, Tomori, Guehi. Ball playing CBs. Play a 3 man midfield of Rice, Bellingham and one other (Foden, Mount, Maddison) and a front 3 of Saka, Kane, Sterling

Post #552593  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:03 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Wonder if I can have another go at answering that one ..... the answer is probably Yes .

Staying up until 3 am and pouring three and a half bottles of different gut rot down your gob ; is not to be recommended .

My apologies to all for disturbing the harmony of the Gleiber .

Post #552594  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:39 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Wonder if I can have another go at answering that one ..... the answer is probably Yes .

Staying up until 3 am and pouring three and a half bottles of different gut rot down your gob ; is not to be recommended .

Not at all. I’ve been sitting down planning the NZ takeover. Turn the whole place into a big prison camp. I mean is it wrong to transport your criminals across the world?

Post #552595  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:00 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Not at all. I’ve been sitting down planning the NZ takeover. Turn the whole place into a big prison camp. I mean is it wrong to transport your criminals across the world?

Woah, woah. They’re your criminals now.

Post #552596  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:52 am 

Ash wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Woah, woah. They’re your criminals now.

Actually for most of us from the first 80 years, they are our ancestors.

Post #552597  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:28 am 

Some of these are interesting.

FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW IN SOCCER
(1)Trent Alexander Arnold’s grandmother was Sir Alex Ferguson’s first girlfriend.(No words)
(2) Zidane first wanted to join Algeria instead of France, but the coach said that there's a lot of players like him in the squad.
(3) Chile once won a Football match with 100% possession. (Guess the opponent?)
(4) Chelsea and Dortmund have never played each other in an official competitive match. (Someone said Dortmund is afraid
(5) Édouard Mendy won FIFA Best Goal Keeper but wasn't in the FIFA Best XI team. (Where is the fair play?)
(6) Mourinho went 9 years without losing a single home game. (The Special one?)
(7) Ronald Koeman has more goals than Kroos, Modric and Casemiro combined (the greatest midfield trio?)
(An English manager has never won the Premier League (Graham Potter)
(9) Sir Alex Ferguson stills earns money from Man United even more than some players

others?

Post #552598  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:30 am 

Rich wrote:
A Germany player giving Kane a decent whack wouldn't be the worst thing tonight......

I know a few guys from south Philly whose last names end in a vowel and owe me a favor.

Post #552599  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:49 am 

Am I alone in thinking Arsenal’s stadium announcer, Nigel Mitchell, is a complete prat? He’s worse than any of the announcers I’ve seen at away grounds and watching the highlights of the England Germany game last night, he’s worse than the Wembley announcer.

The way he puts his own particular emphasis on players’ names when he shouts them out I find almost creepy. Nigel Mitchell gives me the cringes.

Post #552600  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:02 am 

Bernard wrote:
Am I alone in thinking Arsenal’s stadium announcer, Nigel Mitchell, is a complete prat? He’s worse than any of the announcers I’ve seen at away grounds and watching the highlights of the England Germany game last night, he’s worse than the Wembley announcer.

The way he puts his own particular emphasis on players’ names when he shouts them out I find almost creepy. Nigel Mitchell gives me the cringes.

If he was responsible for that 'Sweet Caroline' nonsense, he should be sacked for that alone.

[ 570666 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13812, 13813, 13814, 13815, 13816, 13817, 13818 ... 14267  Next