Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: bubblechris, Decaf, Gunfire, Lincoln gooner and 57 guests

Post #417681  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:55 am 

Rich wrote:
Decaf wrote:
We need to trust our ability to play out from the back. In the second half, there seemed to be too many unnecessary blind clearances that went straight to a Liverpool player, leading to us not having enough possession in their half.

Agreed, but when a team goes quite frantic as liverpool did we need to be able to do something a bit different. Liverpool won a lot of 2nd balls from their longer balls in to their front 4.
In the first half Arteta effectively called a couple of time-outs with some fake injuries just after a liverpool chance. This didn't seem to happen in the second half at all. Perhaps as the ref jumped on us so quickly for any time-wasting and gamesmanship.

The long clearances from Ramsdale towards Martinelli and Saka are a good way to mix things up. Those are not directionless and we win a fair share of possession high up the pitch from those. I also don't object to old fashioned agricultural clearances from inside our box when we are under the cosh. Sometime we try be a bit cute in those situations.

What I noticed yesterday and against Sporting was defenders, not under particular pressure, playing balls into areas where there were none of our players. When we did try to play through them, or at least retain possession while our attackers got forward, we were successful more often than not.

Defending a narrow lead at a place like Anfield is not easy!

Post #417682  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:59 am 

Rich wrote:
The Guardian reported on a study done in which 40 qualified referees were asked to judge 47 incidents from a 1998-99 match between Liverpool v Leicester; half watched with crowd noise, the control group in silence. The results were surprising: those viewing the footage with crowd noise awarded significantly fewer fouls (15.5%) against the home team compared with those watching in silence.

On average home teams win 58-58% of games in the prem and it’s fairly consistent each year. In the pandemic year that dropped to 44%. There is an valid argument for players playing better with their fans cheering them on but the home bias ref is clearly a big influence.

Earplugs for the players in these circumstances? :laughing7:
I certainly find turning of the sound helped a lot. The crowd at Anfield is beyond partisan and sounds like a lynch-mob at times, and the commentators were literally willing Liverpool on.

Post #417683  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:34 am 

There was bias against the Invincible era side as well, I think in large part we were seen as a 'foreign' club. Vieira was targeted by the referees as we all know. Foreign player, imperious, dominating the game, not a good look. That said, we went out and did the job.

This squad is still learning while trying to win a title. Tough to do. By the time we got to 2002, we were a squad that knew how to win from the '98 title and going to cup finals, etc.

I just hope they realize just how much a big opportunity this season is. It will only get harder the next few seasons.

Post #417684  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:34 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
For us to win the title, I think we'll have to get a draw at City and win every other game.

If we draw against City we will still be three points ahead of them. So we could afford to draw one more game.

Draws against City and Newcastle will be very good results but I don't think we'll get them unless our mindset is to win.

I don't think this Arsenal team is very good at playing 'defensively', and I think Arteta is acutely aware of that. I'm sure the gameplan yesterday was to get the third goal, rather than hang onto 2-1. If it was we would have seen defensive substitutions (Tierney and Jorghino) earlier on.

So, we play our normal game against City and hope that the cards fall in our favour.

Of course this is all moot if we don't do the business in our next two games!

Post #417685  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:40 am 

On expected goals Haaland should have 21 goals from the chances that have been created for him - he has 30. He is a ridiculously good finisher. Although Kane's xG is 17 and he has 23. There is a valid argument to say that Kane getting 23 goals in this Spurs side is a better achievement than Haaland getting 30 in that City side. Haaland has 7 penalties to Kane's 5 as well.

Post #417686  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:43 am 

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:
Agreed, but when a team goes quite frantic as liverpool did we need to be able to do something a bit different. Liverpool won a lot of 2nd balls from their longer balls in to their front 4.
In the first half Arteta effectively called a couple of time-outs with some fake injuries just after a liverpool chance. This didn't seem to happen in the second half at all. Perhaps as the ref jumped on us so quickly for any time-wasting and gamesmanship.

The long clearances from Ramsdale towards Martinelli and Saka are a good way to mix things up. Those are not directionless and we win a fair share of possession high up the pitch from those. I also don't object to old fashioned agricultural clearances from inside our box when we are under the cosh. Sometime we try be a bit cute in those situations.

What I noticed yesterday and against Sporting was defenders, not under particular pressure, playing balls into areas where there were none of our players. When we did try to play through them, or at least retain possession while our attackers got forward, we were successful more often than not.

Defending a narrow lead at a place like Anfield is not easy!

Id also add Jesus in that, his tenacity and hold up play is very good, of course he sometimes just gets physically beaten and won't win much if you just launch balls at his head but with long passes he's very good.

One of the best in the league I've seen for a smaller player who was immense at that kind of pressure releasing hold up play was Luis Suarez. he had a ridiculous ability to see the flight of the ball early and be able to position himself so the defender couldn't get the ball or had to foul him.

Post #417687  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:50 am 

One thing that game did prove is that we are here to stay in the long term. That first half was some of the best most controlled and clinical football played by any team this season in one of the most difficult places to do it.

There is no reason why the core of this team can't stay together for another 2-3 years. I think Arteta is aware he doesn't have the options he ideally wants from the bench and I think for him that is in central midfield and central defence.

If we can add 2 players in central midfield, another defender and ideally a wide right player - and bring Balogun back then we have a squad capable of going for all trophies without fielding weak sides. All that might cost £200m for the level of player we're looking at but get those players in as U25 players and the squad could be set for 6-7 years.

Post #417688  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:05 am 

I just don't buy in to the notion that Arsenal lacked maturity and experience needed to see the game out in the midst of a title challenge. That only stands true if THIS team have done it time and time before - or if City hadn't done it at all. But yet we've shown far more mental fortitude than weakness this year, holding on to 1 goal leads, scoring late winners, having the best away record in the league (most goals scored and fewest conceded), our record v the top 6 - the list is endless.

City went 1-0 up away to Villa and couldn't hold on conceding an equaliser with 15 to go. They got picked off v Liverpool to lose 1-0 to a late goal when the pressure must have got to Cancelo who made a disastrous mistake to let Salah run through and score the winner. They lost 2-1 at home to Brentford naively pushing on for the winner themselves and leaving them wide open at the back for Toney to pop the winner in the 98th minute. They took the lead against Everton at home, and were pegged back in the 2nd half to only draw 1-1, ditto away to Forest conceding an equaliser with 6 minutes to go. 1-0 up away at Old trafford only to concede 2 goals in quick succession because they were unable to withstand the pressure of the derby atmosphere at OT, and finally lost away feebly to Spurs 1-0 when they never really looked like getting back in to the game.

You see in you can create any narrative you want. In none of those games were City's mentality questioned, and rightly so, they simply just didn't play well enough to win - the same must be said of us when we don't win because the side have proven their mentality numerous times so it shouldn't be lazily fallen back on as the reason for us not winning

Post #417689  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:14 am 

socrates wrote:
Rich wrote:
Deserved to lose?
Liverpool had nothing for 45 minutes. They made it a fight and were allowed to make it a fight. There were no huge decisions that decided the game as I thought Tierney would send one of ours off - but the momentum shift was allowed to go unchecked.

Look at the late chances we had as well. It was a game that could have gone either way.

At Anfield you are always going to come under huge pressure at some point and need your gk to make saves. We were 5 minutes away - it was hardly a bottle job some will make it out to be

Come on Rich, our game management was awful after going 2-0 up and Arteta's substitutions were far too late in the day, particularly the Tierney one
which should have happened much much earlier.

Exactly. I was scratching my head at the decisions. We had them on the rack and we let them away with it.

Post #417690  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:18 am 

Rich wrote:
The whole Anfield atmosphere narrative is nonsense. I've seen so much written today and always about how the crowd got up for it and dragged Liverpool forward. Yes they cheered the goals and got excited when Liverpool attacked - no different to any sets of fans coming back from 2-0 down.
But yet when Liverpool were being battered in the first half they were silent - not helping their team, not cheering them on.
At The emirates this season we've cheered the team from first to last, extra noise when we concede and we go right to the end - but when we win games late its the team and nothing said about the crowd.

Watching MOTD and they've actually done a set of stats 'before Xhaka booking' and 'after Xhaka booking' - utterly ridiculous journalism. We've proven the crowd was no more noisy after that incident and Liverpool scored only a minute or so later - the goal was nothing to do with the incident, the crowd weren't urging Liverpool forward because of it.

The crowd didn't seem to bother Real Madrid recently.

Post #417691  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:20 am 

I felt yesterday was one of those games where Ødegaard was unable to have much influence and Partey was left to try to control Liverpools midfield almost singlehandedly which is not an easy thing to do even against the likes of Fabinho and Henderson who are not at their best this season.

You could clearly see how the quality of a Caidedo or Rice alongside Partey might have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

Post #417692  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:30 am 

I felt Salah was their most dangerous player and the one most likely to score or create an opening and yet we persisted with an inverted fullback on his side of the pitch which left far too many moments where he was free to receive the ball in space and Gabriel was forced to deal with him, which to be fair he did for the early parts of the game.

As soon as the Liverpool pressure began to crank up the obvious move for me was to put Tierney in at LB and put Zinny in alongside Partey, giving extra defensive solidity down our left side and more presence in the centre of the midfield, thus killing two birds with one stone if you like. We needed Zinny's technical skills and passing range in the middle but we didn't need the huge spaces he left behind when he moved inside from LB, especially with Salah waiting to pounce.

No idea what the Kiwior move was all about, Arteta hasn't seen fit to give him a sniff of action in previous games, even against moderate opposition, but he chucks him in at the deep end at Anfield.

Post #417693  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:36 am 

One frustrating aspect of this title challenge is that City have 100+ financial fair play breach charges hanging over their heads.

So, are they cheats or aren't they? The PL lawyers must be fairly sure of themselves to hit them with over 100 charges.

People saying it could take years for all these charges to be heard and City to make their defence. Frankly, that isn't good enough.

Post #417694  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:43 am 

https://twitter.com/Gunnersc0m/status/1 ... 7127065602

Adrian Clarke is a pretty reasonable Arsenal commentator, I listen to him a lot on The Handbrake Off podcast. He says exactly what I said with regards to Xhaka. What he did had zero bearing on the result and he's an easy target and if it was 99% of any other player we wouldn't be talking about it.

I think people are looking to string two unrelated events together in a tenuous way because it is Xhaka.

Where is the criticism for Casemiro who has been banned for 8 games this season due to his lack of discipline.
Xhaka has had 5 yellow cards in 30 games and only 23 fouls in 30 games, he is simply not the player people are making him out to be any more. Casemiro in 19 games has 5 yellows, 2 reds and 35 fouls. If pundits excuse Casemiro's ill discipline because of his all round good play then Xhaka needs to be looked at the same way rather than with more than a heavy bias towards any past behavoir.

Post #417695  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:45 am 

socrates wrote:
I felt yesterday was one of those games where Ødegaard was unable to have much influence and Partey was left to try to control Liverpools midfield almost singlehandedly which is not an easy thing to do even against the likes of Fabinho and Henderson who are not at their best this season.

You could clearly see how the quality of a Caidedo or Rice alongside Partey might have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

Agreed, and Jorginho wasn't that player to come on. If he was fit it would have been far more of an Elneny type game. High energy, plug gaps, win tackles, win 2nd balls, be physical and keep the ball.

Post #417696  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:48 am 

socrates wrote:
One frustrating aspect of this title challenge is that City have 100+ financial fair play breach charges hanging over their heads.

So, are they cheats or aren't they? The PL lawyers must be fairly sure of themselves to hit them with over 100 charges.

People saying it could take years for all these charges to be heard and City to make their defence. Frankly, that isn't good enough.

For me those charges can only go 2 ways, it has to be all or nothing due to the seriousness of the charges. Either you admit defeat and let them get away with it or if they are guilty (they obviously are) then the punishment has to be severe enough to fit the level of gains they cheated to get. So for me, a fine is out of the question. Even a small points deduction or transfer ban is out of the question. It has to be relegation and stripped of the trophies they won which are directly linked to the cheating.

Post #417697  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:57 am 

Gunfire wrote:
socrates wrote:

Come on Rich, our game management was awful after going 2-0 up and Arteta's substitutions were far too late in the day, particularly the Tierney one

Exactly. I was scratching my head at the decisions. We had them on the rack and we let them away with it.

I agree we needed to push on and play how we did in the first 35 minutes and I'm sure Arteta has some regrets but there are 11 players on the pitch who are all equally culpable for us dropping too deep, misplacing passes, not winning duels. I honestly think Arteta believes the team he had on the pitch was the best one to see out the game. There is far more to it than just bringing a sub on, it doesn't always instantly fix what you want it to - especially in a ridiculously fast paced game that can be tough to get in to as a sub.

I also don't believe for one minute that when we went 2-0 up Arteta called the team over and said ok, what we do now is sit really deep, let them have the ball and dictate the game and our only chance will be to spring counters. Sometimes the team doesn't do what the manager wants.

I'm certainly not the only one who feels that the ref let the aggressive nature of liverpool's tackling go far too (see my post above to Adrian Clarke's opinion) and although each of these decisions were minor individually it builds pressure and momentum because you can't get out and win that free kick you deserve. Konate in particular was allowed to steam through players at will, at least 5 times I saw a foul by him that was called on us. That he was their only defender not to get booked is highly ironic

Post #417698  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:20 am 

Apparently Liverpool haven't lost at home to a top 6 side since January 2016. yes it feels like 2 dropped points but it is a good point still and a point more than City got there

Post #417699  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:24 am 

Of our 7 games left minus the City game, City have already played 6 of those exact games and they won 4 and drew 2. neither of us has played Chelsea at home yet.

Lets say we matched those results City got, we both beat Chelsea and we draw with City - City could still win the league by winning the rest. People will say we bottled it - nonsense. We'd have gone 12 wins and 4 draws in the last 16 and still not won the league, despite getting 1 more point in our last 8 games than City would have in the same set of 8 fixtures.

Post #417700  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 am 

Gunfire wrote:
socrates wrote:

They wernt that bad. Me personally I think Tierney should have come on earlier and actually I’ve said repeatedly I think KT is your man for the away trips at places like anfield and old Trafford but Arteta doesn’t like to change it up. I don’t think you can criticise too harshly really it works 99% of the time. However I would put KT on Mahrez for our game v city and play him v saints to get match sharpness.

The real problem was the midfield collapsed in the 2nd half and we just didn’t get Bukayo on the ball anywhere near enough.

Gutting result really. We let them off the hook

Post #417701  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:44 am 

* Greetings from Portugal. Firstly I don’t really pay much attention to the idea of Arsenal being bottlers if we don’t win the league as it’s clearly nonsense. Secondly, an away draw at Anfield is pretty much always a good result and it’s only in the context of trying to maintain our distance from an ominously resurgent City that it’s a bit disappointing. Thirdly, whatever happens with the title (and I don’t think we will quite manage it) it’s been a great season full of progress and promise by Arteta and the team. Unfortunately we are in the era of an all conquering Man City team who have now added a record breaking striker. I’ll be gutted but have nothing but pride if they pip us to the title.

Post #417702  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:51 am 

https://twitter.com/ormondroyd/status/1 ... 1161179150

Liverpool should get a huge fine for this. We have consistently been fined for surrounding the ref. This is worse. Two players with hands on the ref, and a coach with hands on the ref as well as multiple players surrounding him.

If Robertson and Liverpool feel he's been elbowed by the linesman I still don't understand what they think they are trying to get the ref to do? Send off his own official?

Post #417703  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:57 am 

Gunfire wrote:
Rich wrote:
The whole Anfield atmosphere narrative is nonsense. I've seen so much written today and always about how the crowd got up for it and dragged Liverpool forward. Yes they cheered the goals and got excited when Liverpool attacked - no different to any sets of fans coming back from 2-0 down.
But yet when Liverpool were being battered in the first half they were silent - not helping their team, not cheering them on.
At The emirates this season we've cheered the team from first to last, extra noise when we concede and we go right to the end - but when we win games late its the team and nothing said about the crowd.

Watching MOTD and they've actually done a set of stats 'before Xhaka booking' and 'after Xhaka booking' - utterly ridiculous journalism. We've proven the crowd was no more noisy after that incident and Liverpool scored only a minute or so later - the goal was nothing to do with the incident, the crowd weren't urging Liverpool forward because of it.

The crowd didn't seem to bother Real Madrid recently.

Didn't bother us in the first 30 minutes either.

Post #417704  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:33 am 

I thought Gabriel was fantastic yet again yesterday. In big games, particularly big away games he’s been excellent. In my view he should be the first name in the defence for team of the season. His job as a defender is far harder than anything any defender at Man U or Newcastle is asked to do.
Ask Maguire to play as Gabriel does, it would be utter carnage.

Post #417705  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:04 am 

Rich wrote:
I thought Gabriel was fantastic yet again yesterday. In big games, particularly big away games he’s been excellent. In my view he should be the first name in the defence for team of the season. His job as a defender is far harder than anything any defender at Man U or Newcastle is asked to do.
Ask Maguire to play as Gabriel does, it would be utter carnage.

We missed Saliba. I thought Holding did well but I always get the impression he will be caught out. Or am I being unfair?

Post #417706  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:25 am 

Absolutely no reason why we can't win at the financial fair play cheats' ground.

The narrative seems to be an assumed Man City win.

If anything, I think Newcastle will be tougher.

Post #417707  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:53 am 

Anthony Gordon banished to the U21 for the rest of the season at Newcastle due to an internal disciplinary matter. Even in his short time at Everton you could see he had a chip on his shoulder. Can’t have these types at clubs, or you stamp it out very quickly. So glad we seem to not only be good in our talent spotting but we’re getting the right personalities in as well

Post #417708  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:05 pm 

https://twitter.com/mickquinn1089/statu ... -j6VVZXEoA

I think it would be awful if this linesman received any harsh punishment. Robertson instigated this by chasing after him to give him an earful and tried to put his hands on the official first. For me the linesman aggressively shrugs him off and catches him with a raised arm, not some swinging deliberate elbow.

Time for the FA and PGMOL to make a proper stand on the haranguing of refs that has crept back in to the game. They’ve issued a lot of fines to clubs but it is pennies to them and has done nothing to change behaviour. Fans, pundits and media need to play their part and just accept that refs will give yellow cards consistently to any player shouting and chasing after them for decisions.

Post #417709  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:11 pm 

Asp I’ve heard ex ref Mark Halsey call for an 8 game ban for the linesman! Talk about standing next to your fellow professional!

Post #417710  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:19 pm 

Another thought on their penalty. I’d want it if it was us so no huge complaints on the decision itself. But I don’t think it is an actual challenge by Holding there is more than an element of Jota simply slowing down and initiating the contact which refs have specifically been on the look out to stamp out, however this one wasn’t that clear cut so can understand it being given.
The biggest annoyance is it was out of context with how Tierney had reffed the game up until then, he had lt Konate and others get away with this kind of ‘steamroller’ tackle where the defender is putting high pressure on and the attacker crumples under it. Xhaka gets these free kicks all the time but had at least 2 himself not given like this, same for Jesus. I don’t think Tierney was consistent in his own decision making during the game.

Post #417711  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:46 pm 

City are on a roll. They are on one of those rolls that got them the title a few times. I hope, no pray they slip up and lose or draw but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them win all their remaining games save us and that is 50/50.

It's why I think we need to win ALL the games we play aside from City. They will win the FA cup and I think they'll make it to the final of the CL and likely win it. They are playing very good football and now that Haaland has superior players around him who can take the onus of scoring, I think they'll win the d@mn thing. So, for me at the very least I can see them winning the FA cup and the CL. The title is dicey. I would make them slight favorites because we have to win at Newcastle. We can beat Chelsea at home with some effort. It will not be easy at all. But if we start out like we did at Anfield, we'll be fine.

I hated being right about going to Anfield, but I think many forgot their home record this season. It's an outstanding home record and beating both Manchester sides there says it all. They have only lost once to a late goal early in the season. They haven't even drawn many there. In any other season it is a decent result considering we beat them at home so we were playing a revenge minded club playing a club they are always up for.

That first half goal did it. I knew we needed a third goal and a few good looks. I will say this. We are a very good side. To go 2-0 within a half hour at Anfield is proof of that. A game they were up for, prepared for and still couldn't stop us when we were playing Arsenal football. We just need to be able to play 90 minutes of good, strategic football and we can't seem to manage it in some games.

I'm not going to do the sour grapes thing. Liverpool responded well, responded better than us and could argue they dropped 2 points rather than getting a point.

Post #417712  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:59 pm 

By the way for all of Liverpool's dominance in the second half between the 57th and 81st minute they didn't have a single shot at goal. Firminho came on at 78 mins and they went 4 up top and we reacted by going 5 at the back on 80 minutes. It was only after this point that we really came under the cosh

Post #417713  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:32 pm 

john1 wrote:
Absolutely no reason why we can't win at the financial fair play cheats' ground.

Worth remembering as well we don’t really need to win. A point hurts them badly.

Agree about Newcastle, another 50 thousand inbreds screaming at the ref for 90 minutes

Post #417714  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

Worth remembering as well we don’t really need to win. A point hurts them badly.

Agree about Newcastle, another 50 thousand inbreds screaming at the ref for 90 minutes

Their home record is just as good as Liverpool's and they are actually on form as well. They drew with City, beat Chelsea, beat man U - lost to Liverpool 2-0 but that was with their GK sent off after 20 mins and they were still the better side. It will take a herculean effort to win up there.

Post #417715  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:48 pm 

It's going to be easier to score on Liverpool at Anfield than Newcastle at St. James. In my humble opinion, far better defensively. They were a tough nut when they came to London. Even tougher now. They will be packed in, counter when they see some sunlight between the center backs.

Having Jesus will help a lot. Martinelli is in form but Trossard is a better dribbler I think and that may be the difference in tight spaces.

Post #417716  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:52 pm 

Rich wrote:
Another thought on their penalty. I’d want it if it was us so no huge complaints on the decision itself. But I don’t think it is an actual challenge by Holding there is more than an element of Jota simply slowing down and initiating the contact which refs have specifically been on the look out to stamp out, however this one wasn’t that clear cut so can understand it being given.
The biggest annoyance is it was out of context with how Tierney had reffed the game up until then, he had lt Konate and others get away with this kind of ‘steamroller’ tackle where the defender is putting high pressure on and the attacker crumples under it. Xhaka gets these free kicks all the time but had at least 2 himself not given like this, same for Jesus. I don’t think Tierney was consistent in his own decision making during the game.

Was it a foul? I thought not. Somehow the fact that there was 'contact' becomes the focus and gives the VAR officials an excuse not to overturn.

Post #417717  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:33 pm 

The Chelsea game at the Emirates is set to be moved from Saturday to Tuesday, due to coronation and police.

26th April - Man City (A)
2nd May - Chelsea (H)
7th May - Newcastle (A)

We’d have the same turnaround time as Chelsea whenever they play the game, but now we have two days less rest than Newcastle before that game. That doesn’t suit us

Post #417718  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:52 pm 

socrates wrote:

No idea what the Kiwior move was all about, Arteta hasn't seen fit to give him a sniff of action in previous games, even against moderate opposition, but he chucks him in at the deep end at Anfield.

And why not bring on Jorginho for Ødegaard? Bringing on another defender invited pressure.

Post #417719  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:02 pm 

We also need to remember that hopefully we will have Jesus and Partey for our game with City when we didn’t have them both for the home game.
If City could somehow lose Haaland and Rodri before that game that would nicely even things up!

Post #417720  Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:22 pm 

Gary Neville saying “I said all along City would just edge it”….I’m no you didn’t Gary you previously said “City will win it by 15 points”

This guy is going to crow so much about being ‘right’ despite being basically wrong with every single prediction this season

[ 428901 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10440, 10441, 10442, 10443, 10444, 10445, 10446 ... 10723  Next