Fixtures Saturday July 27 - Manchester United - Sofi Stadium - Friendly Match

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Rich and 60 guests

Post #391281  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:09 pm 

Ash wrote:
Real Madrid spawny for 60 minutes and look like they have no plan. Win it again. Who could have guessed it. Fed up of them now.

They are serial winners. Ancelotti is some manager.

Post #391282  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 pm 

dec wrote:
Ash wrote:
Real Madrid spawny for 60 minutes and look like they have no plan. Win it again. Who could have guessed it. Fed up of them now.

They trade on their name really well to get the best players. (And pay the big fees) That’s why they win the big cups the chances finally come along against the run of play and it’s not fullkreug or adeyemi it’s someone with world class individual brilliance. I saw utterly zero tactical master class from them this evening. As a man manager sure. I think the tag of not a great tactical manager but a good man manger that he bristles against is pretty accurate.

Post #391283  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:31 pm 

Ash wrote:
dec wrote:

They trade on their name really well to get the best players. (And pay the big fees) That’s why they win the big cups the chances finally come along against the run of play and it’s not fullkreug or adeyemi it’s someone with world class individual brilliance. I saw utterly zero tactical master class from them this evening. As a man manager sure. I think the tag of not a great tactical manager but a good man manger that he bristles against is pretty accurate.

He's won the CL 5 times as a manager. Two more than Pep. Three more than Ferguson. The fella is an all-time great.

Post #391284  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:44 pm 

dec wrote:
Ash wrote:

He's won the CL 5 times as a manager. Two more than Pep. Three more than Ferguson. The fella is an all-time great.

Sure the two things can be true. Tactically RM were awful for 60 minutes and conceded the better chances by far. The had no answer to Jaden Sancho drifting inside dragging his fullback with him, then no-one being literally 10 metres in any direction from the fullback who just waltzed into space and collected the ball. Anyone can have a game like this when it’s tense but Real do it all the time. It’s the galáctico players who take their chances that win it for them.

Post #391285  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:52 pm 

dec wrote:
Ash wrote:

And he’s been pretty good at introducing young players into the team and to win with them. I’d be happy if we win one CL.

Post #391286  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:59 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
dec wrote:

And he’s been pretty good at introducing young players into the team and to win with them. I’d be happy if we win one CL.

I was there in 2006. Was proud of our little club just getting to the final.

We will never win it. Requires a couple of Henrys in your side to win it these days. We are just terrible in Europe, don’t travel well.

Post #391287  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:02 pm 

john1 wrote:
Lincoln gooner wrote:
It's times like this you're glad you blocked AG. Four consecutive posts.

Tourette’s.

It’s no wonder the world is fecked with the Yanks in charge; he’s typical of them.

I’ve been posting on here since mid to late 90s or so. He’s been here the whole time but now has blocked 90% of posters here but still continues

He’s not well. Likely someone with major OCD or something. It’s weird a compulsive thing.

Post #391288  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

We will never win it. Requires a couple of Henrys in your side to win it these days. We are just terrible in Europe, don’t travel well.

We will win it. And the team that wins it for us will probably be a weaker outfit than the invincibles but that's cup football. It's about performing on the big occasions. It might be next year. It might be 10 years from now but we will win the Champions League.

Post #391289  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:05 am 

I recall Keane talking about people eating prawn sandwiches. The one thing about becoming a mega club is you have to give up a bit of the soul of the club. I would imagine Real Madrid is the same. City are now experiencing it. I am guessing that the pre big money City fans despise the post big money City fans.

If we do become a mega club I fear we will lose a bit of our soul too like the money becomes some Harry Potter horcrux. Taking a bit of the soul out of the club.

Attachments:

Post #391290  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:08 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I agree with you regarding our European campaigns. I thought this year was pretty ordinary as well.

Post #391291  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:53 am 

Fulham after Smith Rowe.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... r-BB1ntzlI

Have to say would make sense for the player. London club and he would play every week. Some good performances would quickly get the attention of sides in Europe.

Post #391292  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Fulham after Smith Rowe.

Have to say would make sense for the player. London club and he would play every week. Some good performances would quickly get the attention of sides in Europe.

I'd prefer to keep him and flog Vieira.

Post #391293  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:13 pm 

Lincoln gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Fulham after Smith Rowe.

Me too

Post #391294  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:02 pm 

Seems Fulham want Smith Rowe
https://talksport.com/football/1904343/ ... -transfer/

Can't understand why some people don't like him? You're never going to get a bench who is top. Man Utd had Nicky Butts, John O'Shea and others during their good years. Guys who wouldn't get in anyone's top 4.

Smith Rowe is a great asset to have in cup ties against weaker clubs and off the bench. The one player I would have put in this category is Reiss Nelson but he's not taken full advantage of his opportunities. He's salvageable if he can change things. Very talented obviously.

Post #391295  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:48 am 

Lincoln gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Fulham after Smith Rowe.

me too, but I think Arteta will still persist with Vieira

Post #391296  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:19 am 

I think skill wise Rashford and Isak are tailor made for us. They'd do very well. Doesn't seem like either will happen and I'd vote against Rashford and for Isak. My next preference is Zirkee.

But it seems we will probably get Sesko if the back page rumors are correct. If so, I'm warming to him. I thought he was a bit too slow but I am warming to the idea. First, I think he will be Haaland lite if he matures physically. He's 6'5" and if he fills out, he could hard to stop. His dribbling is much better than Haaland and at that height mouth watering chances in the box at set pieces given how good we are at it.

Post #391297  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:56 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Fulham after Smith Rowe.

It makes sense but I think possibly bigger clubs than Fulham will try for him too. I still think Villa could come back. Worth noting that Fulham's record transfer fee for a player is about £26m. Most Arsenal fans would want a fair bit more than that for Emile Smith Rowe.

Post #391298  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:57 am 

Sesko has a £55m release clause but that runs out at the end of June. The player will be at the Euros with Slovenia.The Euros start in 2 weeks and transfers during the tournament for players involved in the tournament I think are quite hard to do and rare.

Post #391299  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:36 pm 

We have to have a squad that can deal with either clubs that press us from our keeper out and low block. The question is does Sesko help address either? High press puts the onus on our back line and center mids, the striker can make canny runs up top to get on to a long ball.

Low block of course is where a striker is worth their salt. He's tall so balls into the box have a chance, as well as close control that can draw penalties.

Post #391300  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:13 pm 

Now Eddie

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28270750 ... er-league/

Fulham, palace and wolves.

30 million. I’d bite their hands off.

Post #391301  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:15 pm 

Kylian Mbappé joins Real Madrid from Paris Saint-Germain

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/03/spor ... index.html

Post #391302  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:37 pm 

Chelsea name Italian Maresca as coach

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/c ... 024-06-03/

Post #391303  Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:01 pm 

Eze the standout for England tonight from the left sided position. Has a brilliant turn of acceleration and dribbling ability. Would love him at Arsenal

[ 391303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9779, 9780, 9781, 9782, 9783