Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 90 guests

Post #560041  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:
I didn’t say you did say that anyone on the forum had said it. Reread my post.

You implied it and said I was arguing about it. Apology needed

Er he said "No-one on the forum thinks that anyone who says they “can’t take it anymore” after losing a midweek game when we're top of the league is a real fan, so I'm not sure who you think you're arguing with here." Not implied.

Funny that you demand apologies from people but never admit you are wrong or apologise yourself.

Post #560042  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm 

Judith wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I joined at roughly the same time. The forum was a real laugh back then. Steve had banned a couple of people (Kiwi, and possibly Daz) but it was pretty good humoured. Bernard, EEG, Daz and Niall were very prominent and vivid characters. I can't remember what Bernard and Niall were arguing about pre-Wilford but I seem to remember neither was giving an inch. The lunatic Chocolate Gooner rose to prominence shortly after. There were also older posters who actually knew about football and had wonderful stories. The forum was a marvelously entertaining place.

The forum did change in character after Steve passed away. Steve ruled like a benevolent dictator and had very strong opinions (not initially a fan of Henry :laughing7: ) and was very firm about certain things (swearing) and very funny, whereas

I think the subsequent moderators have always tried to be scrupulously fair.

Great credit to Steve for creating this place, and for Warrior and the other mods for keeping it going. Its quite something!

Thanks for your kind words, you can not imagine how much it means to me, I remember the names you are mentioning,Steve's life was Arsenal, this Forum and his family! He was very strict and had very high expectations of himself and others! At the start he was regularly approached to put adds on the forum, he was horrified, to make money out of Arsenal was un thinkable! We are very grateful to Warrior who has been just amazing in keeping this Forum going and the moderators. Thanks again.

He was a top bloke Judith, a very vivid personality even to those of us who never met him in person. Warrior clearly is too, notwithstanding the massive salary we have to pay him :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #560043  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:46 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
You implied it and said I was arguing about it. Apology needed

Er he said "No-one on the forum thinks that anyone who says they “can’t take it anymore” after losing a midweek game when we're top of the league is a real fan, so I'm not sure who you think you're arguing with here." Not implied.

Funny that you demand apologies from people but never admit you are wrong or apologise yourself.

I admit I’m wrong more than most on here probably everyone however I wasn’t arguing anything just having a conversation with a Friendly LTG about something that you, soc and mcquicklie are having a strop about now.

Post #560044  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:54 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
I think TG has a fair point that supporting the team in the stadium, especially away, is a special and quite different kind of relationship than spectating on TV or online. However, I don't think that defines how big a fan you are, as that would mean we have no more than about 60,000 true fans, and that is obviously not true. Those of us not there at the match still dance or cry at the result. There are many ways of being a fan.

I still get "goosebubbles" recalling matches I attended live. Of course not all stick in the memory, but being there never leaves you, in a way that watching from afar can't replicate. Those of us lucky enough, for instance, to have seen Henry against Liverpool, a venerable Dennis destroying Everton, Kanu unhinging Depo's keeper, Jose Antonio's bomb against Chelsea, or in prehistoric times, Big John Radford, Eddie Kelly and Jon Sammels against Anderlecht, will recall the crowd reaction in the ground as much as the football skills on show.

Yep, someone who gets it.

Fan who goes away week in week out watches Ramsdale save our arse every week with at least one major save per game then talks about it on the way home in the car with his mates. They build an appreciation for the player then one day Rambo misses a cross we concede and he goes online to see a number of people saying Ramsdales forum has dropped because of 1 incident in 12 months. It kind of feels like that to Me.

Post #560045  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

I admit I’m wrong more than most on here probably everyone however I wasn’t arguing anything just having a conversation with a Friendly LTG about something that you, soc and mcquicklie are having a strop about now.

In my opinion the problem arose because in your original post you implied that fans who attend matches are superior in commitment/passion etc than those who don’t.

I queried that because I would take huge exception to anyone claiming to be a ‘better’ fan on that basis. It looks like others agree.

Post #560046  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:55 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

In my opinion the problem arose because in your original post you implied that fans who attend matches are superior in commitment/passion etc than those who don’t.

I queried that because I would take huge exception to anyone claiming to be a ‘better’ fan on that basis. It looks like others agree.

I never claimed to be “better” sorry I never said that once at all. Also as I flagged myself I am in the same category towards the end of wengers rein where I stopped going at that point also.

Btw fans who attend week in week out and pay a fortune to do so are probably in a different category. I know some people probably struggle with this but it’s the truth

Post #560047  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:39 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I never claimed to be “better” sorry I never said that once at all. Also as I flagged myself I am in the same category towards the end of wengers rein where I stopped going at that point also.

Btw fans who attend week in week out and pay a fortune to do so are probably in a different category. I know some people probably struggle with this but it’s the truth

No, it is what you think, and you are suggesting that fans who go to home games and/or spend tons of money on Arsenal are better. Fans who can't afford it or live too far away are by implication inferior.

Furthermore we don't 'struggle' with what you are claiming, nor are we 'having a strop' about it. We simply disagree with it.

Your point about seeing Ramsdale's heroics is puzzling. He is shown on TV, you know.

Post #560048  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:41 pm 

Walcot just scored against the Spuds. Good chap!

Post #560049  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:46 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

No, it is what you think, and you are suggesting that fans who go to home games and/or spend tons of money on Arsenal are better. Fans who can't afford it or live too far away are by implication inferior.

Furthermore we don't 'struggle' with what you are claiming, nor are we 'having a strop' about it. We simply disagree with it.

Your point about seeing Ramsdale's heroics is puzzling. He is shown on TV, you know.

Then don’t slag him off forcing him off instagram or whatever because he joined the club. Our match going fans are right behind him.

I haven’t said once fans abroad are inferior. Not once. I have Arsenal support in relatives in this category. I’ve talked about the mindset of supporters and their behaviour. If you struggle with this it frankly says more about you than anything else.

Post #560050  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:57 pm 

Decaf wrote:

And Ainsley Maitland-Niles ‘wins’ a penalty. :laughing7:

Post #560051  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:59 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Huge blow for spurs top 4 hopes. 3-1 up and threw it away late on thanks to goals and assists from Arsenal lads past and present

Post #560052  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:01 pm 

Decaf wrote:

Couple of old boys helping to take points off Spurs from two down
Well done AMN and Theo

Post #560053  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:03 pm 

Rich wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Huge blow for spurs top 4 hopes. 3-1 up and threw it away late on thanks to goals and assists from Arsenal lads past and present

St Totteringham’s day coming along nicely.

Post #560054  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I must have misunderstood what you meant by this then

The truth is if you aren’t attending the games you have less commitment and compassion to the cause and progression of this young team.

Post #560055  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:25 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The truth is if you aren’t attending the games you have less commitment and compassion to the cause and progression of this young team.

I think the word I used later in the posts empathy is a better one than those. However it seems to have upset a few people which I think is *%^@*** brilliant at this point. Cry more saddos

Post #560056  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:42 pm 

So what happened to Dele Alli? I recall him being very good for Sperz. I didn't follow him after all that, I recall a drop in form and now I'm reading he's banished to watch from the stands at Besiktas. He's only 26.

Post #560057  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:50 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I think the word I used later in the posts empathy is a better one than those. However it seems to have upset a few people which I think is *%^@*** brilliant at this point. Cry more saddos

From my point of view simply substituting the word empathy for commitment and compassion changes nothing.

Just because I haven’t been able to get to recent games does not diminish my empathy one jot.

There are some rubbish ‘supporters’ online. There are also some rubbish ‘supporters’ at games - I’ve seen them. Calling people saddos is quite abhorrent really and unduly ‘superior’, especially our forumites.

Post #560058  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:55 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
So what happened to Dele Alli? I recall him being very good for Sperz. I didn't follow him after all that, I recall a drop in form and now I'm reading he's banished to watch from the stands at Besiktas. He's only 26.

Bit of a *%^@ really who was doing quite well for spurs and England before some photos of him getting noshed off by some tart appeared on the internet. Then his form dropped and he suffered the public humiliation of mourinho dressing him down on the Amazon documentary. Shortly after this frank lampard thought it was a good idea to sign him for 40 million quid for Everton where he made 13 appearances and has been loaned to Besiktas where he is disappointing locals there :58big-emoticons:

Post #560059  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:03 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

From my point of view simply substituting the word empathy for commitment and compassion changes nothing.

Just because I haven’t been able to get to recent games does not diminish my empathy one jot.

There are some rubbish ‘supporters’ online. There are also some rubbish ‘supporters’ at games - I’ve seen them. Calling people saddos is quite abhorrent really and unduly ‘superior’, especially our forumites.

I don’t really care to be honest. It’s hardly abhorrent at all and I’m not talking about you because you can attend fewer games these days or even anyone here in particular however if you are butthurt about something like this and want to make it all about yourself you need to take a look inside.

This is my following point I said clarifying my feeling on this …

You have many reasons why fans can’t attend matches including finances and geography. I have friends on the other side of the world who are die hard Arsenal fans but the truth is the understanding, empathy and forgiveness built from spending a fortune travelling home and away watching a young group of men develop together doesn’t really exist as much if you aren’t doing that hence you read some disproportionate absurd things that don’t correlate to the feeling at Arsenal every week.

If you disagree with this you are clueless really. This shouldn’t be offensive to anyone and if you are offended then you are a total saddo. Congrats.

Post #560060  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:09 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Then don’t slag him off forcing him off instagram or whatever because he joined the club. Our match going fans are right behind him.

I haven’t said once fans abroad are inferior. Not once. I have Arsenal support in relatives in this category. I’ve talked about the mindset of supporters and their behaviour. If you struggle with this it frankly says more about you than anything else.

When have I slagged Ramsdale off? I don't even do instagram or whatever. And and how do you some of the moronic keyboard warriors don't go to Arsenal games?

You always overgeneralise, and then when people question your point, you overpersonalise. The 'it says more about you' line is your signature line. Next you'll say I'm smarmy or a clever dick or something along those line.

To repeat, I don't struggle with your point. I understand it only too well. I think it is rubbish.

Post #560061  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:09 pm 

Saliba injured for a month or so. Serious

We now need to play holding for some time as Tommy is injured too so you can’t move White central

This is how it starts

Post #560062  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:10 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

When have I slagged Ramsdale off? I don't even do instagram or whatever.

You haven’t and I never said you have. You are making it all about yourself.

Post #560063  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:13 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
If you disagree with this you are clueless .

Literally anyone who disagrees with you about anything gets this line. Even LTG who clearly isn't clueless and deserves respect.

Post #560064  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:13 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I don’t really care to be honest. It’s hardly abhorrent at all and I’m not talking about you because you can attend fewer games these days or even anyone here in particular however if you are butthurt about something like this and want to make it all about yourself you need to take a look inside.

You have many reasons why fans can’t attend matches including finances and geography. I have friends on the other side of the world who are die hard Arsenal fans but the truth is the understanding, empathy and forgiveness built from spending a fortune travelling home and away watching a young group of men develop together doesn’t really exist as much if you aren’t doing that hence you read some disproportionate absurd things that don’t correlate to the feeling at Arsenal every week.

If you disagree with this you are clueless really. This shouldn’t be offensive to anyone and if you are offended then you are a total saddo. Congrats.

Wow.

Post #560065  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
When have I slagged Ramsdale off? I don't even do instagram or whatever.

Do you even read your own posts?

You said, to me,
"Then don’t slag him off forcing him off instagram or whatever because he joined the club. Our match going fans are right behind him."

Then "If you struggle with this it frankly says more about you than anything else."

How the &(%^ am I supposed to read that? Is the first sentence general, and the second directed to me (or is the 'you' meant to be impersonal there too)?

If you are not accusing me of this, what exactly are you accusing me of, apart from not agreeing with you?

Post #560066  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:23 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You said, to me,
"Then don’t slag him off forcing him off instagram or whatever because he joined the club. Our match going fans are right behind him."

Then "If you struggle with this it frankly says more about you than anything else."

How the &(%^ am I supposed to read that? Is the first sentence general, and the second directed to me (or is the 'you' meant to be impersonal there too)?

If you are not accusing me of this, what exactly are you accusing me of, apart from not agreeing with you?

Not at any time has this conversation been about any people on this forum. It’s about the general behaviour of our fans as a whole not individuals here.

Ramsdale left instagram or whatever because of our fans. Not you. You are making it all about yourself. It isn’t.

Post #560067  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:28 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Oh and the only person who coming across as 'upset' and (particularly) "butthurt" in this discussion is you.

Its funny you say "This shouldn’t be offensive to anyone" in between "clueless" and "total saddo".

Read your own posts before you hit submit.

Post #560068  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

You said, to me,

Not at any time has this conversation been about any people on this forum. It’s about the general behaviour of our fans as a whole not individuals here.

Ramsdale left instagram or whatever because of our fans. Not you. You are making it all about yourself. It isn’t.

Not only are you not reading your own posts, you are clearly not reading anyone else's either.
Please clarify which of the insults and you are throwing around are directed at me, and which are general points.
Good night.

Post #560069  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:43 pm 

Conte: “They are used to it here. They don't play for something important. They don't want to play under pressure, under stress.

“Tottenham story is this for 20 years. There is the owner but they never won something. Why?"

Post #560070  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:44 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

We now need to play holding for some time as Tommy is injured too so you can’t move White central

This is how it starts

In truth we should win our next two games with or without Saliba and there is a two week international break in there so hopefully the damage is limited.

Post #560071  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:58 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

This is how it starts

In truth we should win our next two games with or without Saliba and there is a two week international break in there so hopefully the damage is limited.

If he’s missing for longer it’s a major problem. So much so I reckon arteta could change the formation for the 2 games at anfield and city to incorporate 3 centre backs

Post #560072  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:12 pm 

Just watched Conte’s rant in full. All said without any idea of how ironic it is him talking about commitment and attitude.
Conte has thrown god knows how many strips and threats to leave in his time there, he’s basically had one foot out the door as soon as he got there.

If he was the manager of my team I’d want him sacked immediately after what he said today. How can any of the players want to work for this guy.

Post #560073  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:15 pm 

Rich wrote:
Just watched Conte’s rant in full. All said without any idea of how ironic it is him talking about commitment and attitude.
Conte has thrown god knows how many strips and threats to leave in his time there, he’s basically had one foot out the door as soon as he got there.

If he was the manager of my team I’d want him sacked immediately after what he said today. How can any of the players want to work for this guy.

He was literally saying “sack me” in code

Post #560074  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:27 pm 

Congratulations Ireland. Deserved today.

Not sure you’re better than France but you’re better than us.

Post #560075  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

He was literally saying “sack me” in code

And not a code that was hard to decipher

Post #560076  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:27 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

If he’s missing for longer it’s a major problem. So much so I reckon arteta could change the formation for the 2 games at anfield and city to incorporate 3 centre backs

There are slightly different reports of Saliba’s injury in the English and French press. Im hopeful it isn’t that bad and Arteta is using an opportunity to make sure he doesn’t play in the international break.

Holding will probably come in tomorrow. For some reason you rarely see two left footed CB play together - or people feel nervous about it but there are plenty of right foot pairings around.

Could see someone like Ruell Walters on the bench tomorrow. Has played CB and RB.

One to watch is White against Zaha tomorrow, the winger who has given white the biggest problem this year is Rashford, Zaha isn’t on his level but is a similar type of player, fast, direct, good dribbler and also tall and physical

Post #560077  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:30 pm 

Another good time had by all on here again. Must've been one wild St. Pat's Day hangover.
:14laughter:

Post #560078  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:09 pm 

As to Conte's post match comments...if having to see this face at every game no matter the opponent, it wouldn't be hard to throw the club under the bus. Needless to say, such a face was an advantage for AMN and Theo!
:emoticon_mClapp:

Attachments:
GettyImages-1074667568.jpg
GettyImages-1074667568.jpg [ 24.15 KB | Viewed 2533 times ]

Post #560079  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:04 pm 

Zed wrote:
As to Conte's post match comments...if having to see this face at every game no matter the opponent, it wouldn't be hard to throw the club under the bus.
Attachment:
jghfd.jpg
jghfd.jpg [ 17.59 KB | Viewed 2428 times ]

Post #560080  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:25 pm 

So it’s not only Donald Trump and Boris Johnson who post without thinking and then totally deny they made the comment. Sorry I’m not a fan who goes to every game so I am not worthy.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13999, 14000, 14001, 14002, 14003, 14004, 14005 ... 14269  Next