Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 109 guests

Post #555281  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:23 am 

This is the first world cup where I've been almost completely disinterested. Don't know why. Friends are into so I learn about about that way.

I don't even know which countries are supposed to be the strongest. So far I've heard both the South American giants, Germany, Belgium, maybe France. That's it. Everyone else is supposed to be behind these. I guess I will watch some of it.

Post #555282  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:25 am 

Hello ...

It is with the deepest sadness that I must announce the funeral arrangements for my beloved Meg after her unexpected passing on the morning of November 5th. 

Meg had noticed a pain in her lower left side so after a blood test and trip to her local GP, she was sent for a CT Scan on September 23rd to investigate the source of the pain and the possibility of cancer.

Numerous setbacks then ensued including a 10-day delay from her local GP who gave her multiple wrong referrals and every other doctor her wrong contact number as they had a patient there with the same name. Meg was finally advised she needed a kidney stent operation for a blocked kidney which was successfully completed on October 10th. 

Over the next week, she began having severe lower abdominal pains and had a very sore mouth which seemed to be brought on by the general anaesthetic from the kidney op.

A Biopsy and an MRI were booked for Oct 19th but unfortunately, she needed to be taken to hospital by ambulance that same morning for what turned out to be a Urinary Tract Infection. The UTI made her excessively talkative and was the likely cause of her lower abdominal pain during the previous days.

The hospital brought the UTI under control within a few days but her mouth remained very sore with ulcers which was compounded by the antibiotics she remained on.

With a combination of mouth ulcers and nausea, she couldn't eat anything at all in hospital for her entire 18-day hospital stay.
I visited her daily only to see her mouth getting worse, her condition seemingly not improving, and her eating nothing at all except water or juice.

They did many tests on her including 2x CT Scans, X-rays, MRI's, multiple blood, stool, covid and urine tests, yet we were never given any definitive results from any of them.
We were instead told that a team was looking at the results and deciding what to do.

All she had were some saline iv's, antibiotics, vitamins and the like - and assurances many times over the course of her stay that she would be coming home.
These assurances included having consultations from the hospital doctor, physios, occupational therapists and dieticians ensuring her getting back home would be successful.

I told anyone who would listen to ensure she eats something or see why she couldn't.
I even printed a detailed info sheet on how she got in hospital - from a seemingly simple UTI and mouth ulcers. Few there read the single page info sheet I wrote.

Instead, they moved her into her own private room on the 16th day citing changing her bed clothes would be easier and that she was doing ok and was still on saline.

Meg sadly passed away the morning of November 5th at 7:15 am from low blood pressure inducing heart failure.

Numerous scans and tests were completed at the hospital during her stay however any potential cancer diagnosis, staging or treatment was never even started.
__________________________________________________________________________________

A celebration of Meg's life will be held on November 25th 2022 at 11:00am at:

St Michael’s Church Meadowbank.
45 Maxim St, Meadowbank 2114
Cnr of Hughes Street.

The Church service will be at 11:00 AM, and for those that wish to attend, the burial will be at Field of Mars Cemetery in Ryde at 12:45 PM where she will be laid to rest alongside her mother, father and extended family.

A gathering of our family and friends will then be held at 'The Ranch' on Epping Rd, North Ryde from 2:00 Pm until early evening with all food and drinks provided.

In line with Meg's wishes, she wanted our friends celebrating her life and enjoying themselves with live music.

She loved music and was happiest when she was playing her tambourine on stage in a live band.

Please note the gathering will be Covid-aware and it is asked that anyone with cold or flu symptoms to please stay home so we can ensure the safety of everyone attending.

Meg and I were together for over 31 years and this is by far the most difficult message I have ever written. She and I lived for each other and every decision we each made was for both of us.

She always put everyone else ahead of herself. Even when she was in hospital, she would have me get sundry items for her 3 other roommates to make them more comfortable.

My life will never be the same without her and I miss her immeasurably ...

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Post #555283  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:30 am 

Condolences

Post #555284  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 am 

Christ Rog - that's truly a tragic story. Shocking. Such a beautiful lady too.

My sincerest condolences to you and yours.

Post #555285  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:27 am 

I am very sorry to hear that, Rog. My deepest sympathies to you.

Post #555286  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:57 am 

I'm so sorry Rog. Sincere condolences.

Post #555287  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:04 pm 

My God! Tragic story and feel so very sorry for you. They never found out the true cause? Life makes these sudden turns for good and sadly for the worse. She gave you 31 great years and you'll find little solace in that now but hopefully after some time, you will realize you got 31 years more than most people.

Post #555288  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:38 pm 

So sorry to hear the news, Rog, that's just so sad. The photos of Meg are such a wonderful snapshot of her life - she was so vibrant. I love the band pic! Unfortunately, I'll be down in Melbourne on the 25th for a family event - I'd have loved to come along. I'll be thinking of you, though, as I'm sure we all will.

Post #555289  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:43 pm 

Goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that, Rog. My condolences.

Post #555290  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:08 pm 

I'm so sorry to read this Rog. Condolences to you.

Post #555291  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:24 pm 

Oh Rog, that's just heartbreaking. So sorry for your loss.

Post #555292  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:57 pm 

Ah Rog that is ineffably sad My deepest condolences to you and your family May the love you all have for Meg sustain and comfort you at this difficult time

Post #555293  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:11 pm 

That’s so desperately sad, my sincere condolences to you and your family Rog, truly awful turn of events.

Post #555294  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:25 pm 

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I don't normally post a lot of personal stuff but Judith suggested I do as the initial diagnosis was a possible kidney cancer which is what Steve Gleiber had. I am mostly upset that we didn't even get a chance to proceed further with anything to do with her potential cancer and instead just watch her not eat for so long.

She was in the outpatient section of the hospital. No one in there had any heart monitors or life support stuff on them as all the patients were meant to go home. We were very suspicious when they moved her into her own room 2 days before she passed but were assured that it was normal and there was nothing to worry about.

I've had to do many things that I had never even thought of the past few weeks. Arrange a funeral, wake, grave site, church, burial, her clothes to wear, death certificate info, relatives, emails, phone calls. We had no children so I am here on my own now. Also creating funeral videos, booklets, a picture to place on the coffin and some personal effects.

It's very tough. Her parents both lived over 25 years longer than she so I thought we'd have another quarter century together.

We had just bought a place after looking after her parents for 7 years until they passed away in 2013 and 2017. We rented a place for a year while I fixed their old place then we moved here. I fixed this place up for her with a new deck, full smart home stuff, cabinets and security etc etc. I did all the rooms. Everything was mostly done - then covid hit. But we just isolated as the place was very comfortable for us and we got on brilliantly. We were barely ever out of each others sight for over 3 decades.

Post #555295  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:42 pm 

Terrible news that is Rog. With 31 years together you will always have those lovely memories. All condolences to you and the family.

Post #555296  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:48 pm 

Truly sorry for your tragic loss Rog. That is a heartbreaking story. May she rest in peace and condoloscenes to you and yours.

Post #555297  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:00 pm 

warrior wrote:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I don't normally post a lot of personal stuff but Judith suggested I do as the initial diagnosis was a possible kidney cancer which is what Steve Gleiber had. I am mostly upset that we didn't even get a chance to proceed further with anything to do with her potential cancer and instead just watch her not eat for so long.

She was in the outpatient section of the hospital. No one in there had any heart monitors or life support stuff on them as all the patients were meant to go home. We were very suspicious when they moved her into her own room 2 days before she passed but were assured that it was normal and there was nothing to worry about.

I've had to do many things that I had never even thought of the past few weeks. Arrange a funeral, wake, grave site, church, burial, her clothes to wear, death certificate info, relatives, emails, phone calls. We had no children so I am here on my own now. Also creating funeral videos, booklets, a picture to place on the coffin and some personal effects.

It's very tough. Her parents both lived over 25 years longer than she so I thought we'd have another quarter century together.

We had just bought a place after looking after her parents for 7 years until they passed away in 2013 and 2017. We rented a place for a year while I fixed their old place then we moved here. I fixed this place up for her with a new deck, full smart home stuff, cabinets and security etc etc. I did all the rooms. Everything was mostly done - then covid hit. But we just isolated as the place was very comfortable for us and we got on brilliantly. We were barely ever out of each others sight for over 3 decades.

Most people can only dream of such a relationship. You were robbed way too soon but you were also very, very blessed for the time you did have with her.

Post #555298  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:18 pm 

Dear Rog my thoughts, best wishes and a song for your lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTWI28r5-ag

Post #555299  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:14 pm 

Oh wow. Just logged in and seen the news. I can only echo what others have said. Just heart rending.

Post #555300  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:18 pm 

Rog
I am so so sorry for the tragic passing of your wonderful Meg.
My deepest condolences and sympathies to you and both your families.
Please treasure the great time you spent together.
Lovely pictures.

Post #555301  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:56 pm 

Sorry Rog, deepest condolences. I was aware that NHS Scotland was failing but didn't think they were that bad. May she RIP.9

Post #555302  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:59 pm 

Just logged on. I’m so sorry Rog.

There’s not much you can really say at times like these. It’s better to have loved than lost than never loved at all. Just ghastly news

Best wishes mate I hope you find peace on this. Will take time

Post #555303  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:08 pm 

Terrible news and condolences from me. Take care of yourself

Post #555304  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 pm 

Very sorry for your loss Rog. I hope the good memories you have offer some comfort at this sad time.

Sending you love and best wishes.

Post #555305  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:36 pm 

Such a sad sad story Rog, I can't imagine how lonely and heart broken you must be feeling. RIP Meg you will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved you.

Post #555306  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:32 am 

Hello Rog, so sorry. My deepest condolences.

So sad to hear of the difficult moments both Meg & you had to endure in the hospital.

Post #555307  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:37 am 

Hi Rog
Very sad and tragic news especially for you but I think from all the previous messages on here we share in your loss and hope that the grieving process doesn’t endure for too long

I will make the service and would be happy to represent all members to this forum

Post #555308  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:54 am 

All the best Rog

Post #555309  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:06 am 

azinoz wrote:
Hi Rog
Very sad and tragic news especially for you but I think from all the previous messages on here we share in your loss and hope that the grieving process doesn’t endure for too long

I will make the service and would be happy to represent all members to this forum

Nice one az thanks for representing us all

Post #555310  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:17 am 

azinoz wrote:

Thanks Az - much appreciated.

Post #555311  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:24 pm 

azinoz wrote:
Hi Rog

:58big-emoticons: :53big-emoticons:

Post #555312  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:37 pm 

What a heart breaking story. Im so sorry Rog. My sincere condolences to you and everyone connected to you and Meg.

Post #555313  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:22 pm 

Sorry to hear of your tragic loss Rog, my condolences to you and your family on this sad day.

Post #555314  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 pm 

Hi Rog, I am joining my voice to all of us who have already expressed their condolences. Having dealt a few years ago with the passing of my father and helping out my inconsolable mother deal with all the horrible funeral details, I have a good idea of what you are going through. I hope that somehow all the shared memories will keep you going.

Post #555315  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:40 am 

azinoz wrote:
Hi Rog

:58big-emoticons:

Post #555316  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:23 am 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Feels very Kanye west ish
Tweedledum and tweedledumber at it again. They can't argue their stance on lockdowns and still blame others for their stupidity.

When even Andrew Neil, who was a very staunch Brexiteer, says the games up, then the games up.

Link

Post #555317  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:52 pm 

azinoz wrote:
Hi Rog

Thank you.

Post #555318  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:06 pm 

Condolences Rog....

Post #555319  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:45 pm 

Rog, your presence on here, your class, your understated humour, your dignified responses. I’ll bet Meg loved you every bit as much as you loved her. I’m so so sorry for your loss. It isn’t fair. I pray you have every bit of strength you need for the next few days weeks and months and that you can draw family around you like a blanket. My thoughts are very much with you in this tragic loss. As others have said, and from your own words she seems like a beautiful woman inside and out.

Post #555320  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:57 pm 

Ash wrote:
Rog, your presence on here, your class, your understated humour, your dignified responses. I’ll bet Meg loved you every bit as much as you loved her. I’m so so sorry for your loss. It isn’t fair. I pray you have every bit of strength you need for the next few days weeks and months and that you can draw family around you like a blanket. My thoughts are very much with you in this tragic loss. As others have said, and from your own words she seems like a beautiful woman inside and out.

Showing your own class there Ash Nicely put

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13880, 13881, 13882, 13883, 13884, 13885, 13886 ... 14269  Next