Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 110 guests

Post #552841  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:44 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Man Utd struggling a bit against City. I haven't seen any stats, but by my count City have 98% possession so far, and United have blocked somewhere around 250 shots.

City are not mucking about ...

4. City looking awesome. United getting a complete humiliation.

Post #552842  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:46 pm 

Old red nose looking miserable in the stands. :laughing7:
Looking forward to hearing Keane RIP into them at half time.

There must be a fire drill, Utd fans streaming out of the stadium :15laughter:

Post #552843  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:48 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Decaf wrote:
City are not mucking about ...

4. City looking awesome. United getting a complete humiliation.

Hoping for at least 8, to erase the 8-2 that United fans still like to brag about.

Post #552844  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:48 pm 

Balogun scores again. His 6th of the season

Post #552845  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Old red nose looking miserable in the stands. :laughing7:
Looking forward to hearing Keane RIP into them at half time.

There must be a fire drill, Utd fans streaming out of the stadium :15laughter:

"Where is the fire so I can fling myself onto it?" :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #552846  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:53 pm 

I haven't seen so many guys score before the half since Holly Reinhardt showed up at our HS football game drunk in the back of Al Russo's van.

You don't need to know who they are to get the reference.

Post #552847  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:54 pm 

They are showing Man Utd fans leaving the grounds at halftime...hilarious.

Post #552848  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:54 pm 

This is hilarious stuff. United are genuinely lucky that it's only 4. Eriksen marking Haaland on a corner kick. That's embarrassing.

Post #552849  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:57 pm 

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tr ... s-all-time

What is Man Utd’s biggest ever away defeat in history?
Man United’s biggest ever away loss of all time is 7-0. They have suffered a 7-0 away loss three times, to Blackburn on 10 April 1926, to Aston Villa on 27 December 1930 and Wolverhampton Wanderers on 26 December 1931.

What is Man Utd’s biggest ever Premier League defeat in history?

Man United’s record Premier League defeat is by five goals, which has occurred on five occasions.

United lost 6-1 to Man City on 23 October 2011 and 6-1 to Tottenham on 4 October 2020.

They then lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool on 24 October 2021. These all represent Man Utd’s record Premier League home losses.

They also lost 5-0 at Newcastle on 20 October 1996 and 5-0 at Chelsea on 3 October 1999. These two defeats are their heaviest ever away from home in the Premier League.

Post #552850  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:58 pm 

dec wrote:
This is hilarious stuff. United are genuinely lucky that it's only 4. Eriksen marking Haaland on a corner kick. That's embarrassing.

Eriksen is a terrific player, but I think I'd fancy my chances against him in an aerial duel and I haven't played competitive football for nearly 20 years.

Post #552851  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:32 pm 

6-1 hat tricks for Haaland and Foden.

Post #552852  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:38 pm 

Man U away to Everton next week
Spurs away to Brighton next week

Don’t fancy either of them there.

Post #552853  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:00 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

See it was 6-3 in the end. Not the slaughtering it could have been. Sure, losing by a three goal margin isn’t good. But there have been much heavier defeats.

Post #552854  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:04 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

See it was 6-3 in the end. Not the slaughtering it could have been. Sure, losing by a three goal margin isn’t good. But there have been much heavier defeats.

True. It was one of those games that was over at half time, the winners inevitably took their foot off the gas, and the losers grabbed a couple of consolations.
All in all though I think it was the best result from our point of view.

Post #552855  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:11 pm 

Wolves manager Bruno Lage sacked.

Post #552856  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:13 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

It was 6-1 with 10 minutes left. City strolled through the second half and actually got sloppy at the end. Pep took off 4 players in one go. I'd say he will be just the slightest bit annoyed. The score didn't reflect the domination.

Post #552857  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:17 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

True. It was one of those games that was over at half time, the winners inevitably took their foot off the gas, and the losers grabbed a couple of consolations.

Not so sure about it being the best result for us. I know City are odds on favourites to win it. Or if they’re not they should be. But I’d like to maintain at least a faint hope that we have a realistic chance of winning it ourselves for as long as possible. That means me welcoming City dropping points whenever it happens.

Post #552858  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 pm 

Glorious
Yesterday just Glorious.
We were sublime.
Apart for a few minutes where we were in shock at being hauled back to 1 1 which was infuriating we were sublime.
Toyed with those *%^@.
Absolutely toyed with them in the 2nd half.
Loved the way we came roaring out in the 2nd half and that split second where the ball breaks free and you know Jesus is going to put it in the net.
The crisp lovely finish from Granit.
Just *%^@*** love this team and what we did to those utter *%^@.

Post #552859  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm 

Happy enough with that result
Man U get a pasting they deserve, their fans and the media were getting way too far ahead of themselves after they beat us and Liverpool - they’re still a pretty average squad
City showed some frailties and lack of concentration
Man U fans get a false crumb of comfort with the late goals that hugely flatter them

As far as us wanting City to drop points I’d agree that a draw would have been better. I’m still focusing on top 4, there really should be 6 teams for 4 places. City are taking 1 of them for sure so it’s 5 in to 3. We’re flying but injuries could really be our downfall and it only takes a few bad ones or 3/4 bad results when others sort themselves out to close it all back up again.

If we’re still 1st/2nd come the World Cup and have a healthy lead over at least two of the other big 6 then I might start thinking of a title challenge

Post #552860  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:16 pm 

Added time rant again.
Second half of City v Man U had 5 goals and 4 batches of substitutions, with multiple players going off in at least one of those sub batches. There was also var checks for at least one of City’s goals and Man U’s penalty

The 4th official decides only 2 minutes added time is required! It really should be about 8

Post #552861  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm 

Rich wrote:
Added time rant again.
Second half of City v Man U had 5 goals and 4 batches of substitutions, with multiple players going off in at least one of those sub batches. There was also var checks for at least one of City’s goals and Man U’s penalty

The 4th official decides only 2 minutes added time is required! It really should be about 8

I take your point Rich but I’ve seen referees not add on the full injury time minutes on many occasions at Arsenal, when the result isn’t in any doubt. What’s the point in adding on the full eight minutes? It isn’t going change City winning. The only thing it might possibly change is the margin of their victory, which is by no means guaranteed anyway.

I think it’s a case of being sensible. Let people get off home or to the pub without pointlessly adding on a few extra minutes that won’t change the result. Any United fans left in the ground will have a long trip home to Surrey. And the City fans will be eager to get to their favourite pub in Moss Side, Gorton or Ashton-Under-Lyme.

Post #552862  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:33 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

Not so sure about it being the best result for us. I know City are odds on favourites to win it. Or if they’re not they should be. But I’d like to maintain at least a faint hope that we have a realistic chance of winning it ourselves for as long as possible. That means me welcoming City dropping points whenever it happens.

I couldn't agree more.

Post #552863  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:44 pm 

We missed out on champions league football by 2 points and some goals last year. We need teams around us to drop points. For motivational reasons I understand why people want us toe to toe with city to enhance our mentality but the fact is we won’t win the league and getting back in the champions league would be huge for us. They are a machine and at some point our injuries will hit. For them it doesn’t matter.

The fact it’s even being discussed as testament to our superb performance so far this year.

Post #552864  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:03 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
We missed out on champions league football by 2 points and some goals last year. We need teams around us to drop points. For motivational reasons I understand why people want us toe to toe with city to enhance our mentality but the fact is we won’t win the league and getting back in the champions league would be huge for us. They are a machine and at some point our injuries will hit. For them it doesn’t matter.

The fact it’s even being discussed as testament to our superb performance so far this year.

Logically you are perfectly right.

But this is football. :laughing7:

Post #552865  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I don't see anyone getting near City if Haaland stays fit. He's the missing ingredient in an already very tasty recipe.

Of course if City were to suffer a calamitous injury crisis things could change but with two top players (at least) for every position they are probably the least likely team in the PL to be exposed by injuries.

Post #552866  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm 

No point in even thinking about a title challenge until the end of Jan at the earliest. If we are still within touching distance of City at that point I might raise an eyebrow but realistically they are just too good and their squad is too deep with so much quality.

It would need our squad to stay relatively free and I think two or three of the squad back-up players would need to emerge as serious players to give us that extra depth to remain in touch. I think we would need the perfect storm of relatively few injuries, players like Martinelli, Saka, Saliba and Ødegaard moving to the next level and maybe one or two big surprises from the back-ups like Vieira or Marquinhos. Not impossible, but asking a lot.

Post #552867  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:24 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't see anyone getting near City if Haaland stays fit. He's the missing ingredient in an already very tasty recipe.

Of course if City were to suffer a calamitous injury crisis things could change but with two top players (at least) for every position they are probably the least likely team in the PL to be exposed by injuries.

I think it would take a natural disaster to stop Haaland to be honest. A large meteorite or something like that.

Post #552868  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:31 pm 

I’m surprised that Bernard hasn’t taken exception to the recent raft of posts praising Haaland.

As I recall he was most upset at previous eulogies and described such views as “stomach churning hero worship for him”. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #552869  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:47 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
I’m surprised that Bernard hasn’t taken exception to the recent raft of posts praising Haaland.

As I recall he was most upset at previous eulogies and described such views as “stomach churning hero worship for him”. :icon_mrgreen:

Nah, it's all a big act ltg, he's got a full size poster of Haaland on his bedroom wall, alongside one of Bananarama and one of Freddie Ljungberg in his Calvin Kleins.

Post #552870  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:04 pm 

socrates wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Nah, it's all a big act ltg, he's got a full size poster of Haaland on his bedroom wall, alongside one of Bananarama and one of Freddie Ljungberg in his Calvin Kleins.

In a room painted yellow no doubt. :laughing7:

Post #552871  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:12 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

I still find it stomach churning. But he’s a good looking lad and if people want to hero worship him, then who am I to say they can’t?

In the meantime pass me the bucket.

Post #552872  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:16 pm 

socrates wrote:

Who’s to say he won’t get injured? He’s made of flesh and blood like everyone else.

Post #552873  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:59 pm 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

City have a surprisingly small squad when compared to the other big teams, they just have players who can cover multiple positions without any noticeable drop in performance.

Post #552874  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:02 pm 

Maybe those who go to away games regularly can prove my thinking but for a long time I’ve felt Arsenal away fans stick with the team whatever the score. Even when we’ve had some bad defeats it seemed a bit of fallows humour or proving a point that we stay and sing and support the team. I thought about this this weekend seeing the huge empty seats in the spurs away end and the Man U away end.
Of course it’s horrible to get humiliated by your nearest rival and a quick exit seems a good idea but I think Srsenal fans stay and support far more than most.

Post #552875  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:16 pm 

Rich wrote:
Maybe those who go to away games regularly can prove my thinking but for a long time I’ve felt Arsenal away fans stick with the team whatever the score. Even when we’ve had some bad defeats it seemed a bit of fallows humour or proving a point that we stay and sing and support the team. I thought about this this weekend seeing the huge empty seats in the spurs away end and the Man U away end.
Of course it’s horrible to get humiliated by your nearest rival and a quick exit seems a good idea but I think Srsenal fans stay and support far more than most.

Plenty of people left early at Palace and Tottenham (both 3-0 defeats) last season.

Post #552876  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:18 pm 

Nice celebration from Jesus yesterday

Attachments:

Post #552877  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 pm 

Going back to Ben White, he’s been supreme this season and he was brilliant v Spurs. Considering he is a CB by trade he’s now a top class RB and a RB who inverts to be a central mid and also going on the overlap for Saka. I recall Carlos Cuesta in the all or nothing documentary mentioned White’s best asset was his intelligence or ability to learn - or something like that.

Our profiling of players over the last 2-3 seasons has been nothing short of fantastic. Talented footballers no doubt but the mental side and the personality’s have been spot on.

Post #552878  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:36 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I still find it stomach churning. But he’s a good looking lad and if people want to hero worship him, then who am I to say they can’t?

In the meantime pass me the bucket.

First impression of him by sight is obviously that of a Viking.

Post #552879  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:39 pm 

Decaf wrote:
socrates wrote:

I think it would take a natural disaster to stop Haaland to be honest. A large meteorite or something like that.

Haaland with the highest of goals scored as of this season at 14.

Post #552880  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:42 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

That 9-0 drubbing Aug 27 by Liverpool over Bournemouth was a killer.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13819, 13820, 13821, 13822, 13823, 13824, 13825 ... 14269  Next