Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests

Post #552641  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:46 am 

Rich wrote:
Arsenal have extended with Adidas until 2030. Good move, the kits have been fantastic. Apparently the away kit outsold the home kit for the first time this season

Until I see the financial deal compared to other clubs we don’t really know if this was good business.

Post #552642  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:26 am 

Big clash of styles for todays game. Arsenal dominate the ball, press from the front, play shorter quick passes and a very high line. Spurs sit off, press in the middle third and play on the quick counter creating a small number of high quality chances.

It is not an unfamiliar clash of styles as this match up happens quite a lot in the league. One interesting narrative that often comes out of these match ups is of the counter attacking team wins then the other team are said to have played in to their hands etc. but if the dominant team win it is rarely said that they team that sits off played in to their hands.

Post #552643  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:44 am 

Darren wrote:
Remoaners fault. Classic. And as for your G7 nonsense. Spectacular stuff.

It’s just possible that this version of the Tory party are particularly *%^@ at their jobs.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Where's the pound today?

Where are the reports in the media that we had growth large quarter so there's no chance of recession?

G7 stuff nonsense? You're thinking of the IMF now they are rubbish. Devoted to the EU. Run by and seriously influenced by thecEU. Why are they getting involved in our finances? Have you seen the state of the euro?

Post #552644  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 am 

Rich wrote:
Big clash of styles for todays game. Arsenal dominate the ball, press from the front, play shorter quick passes and a very high line. Spurs sit off, press in the middle third and play on the quick counter creating a small number of high quality chances.

It is not an unfamiliar clash of styles as this match up happens quite a lot in the league. One interesting narrative that often comes out of these match ups is of the counter attacking team wins then the other team are said to have played in to their hands etc. but if the dominant team win it is rarely said that they team that sits off played in to their hands.

Although in the North London derby at Tottenham near the end of last season, Tottenham dominated the ball from basically the first minute to the last. Including up to when Holding was sent off.

Post #552645  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:03 am 

Man U have won on 5 of their last 8 visits to Man City.

Post #552646  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:16 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Although in the North London derby at Tottenham near the end of last season, Tottenham dominated the ball from basically the first minute to the last. Including up to when Holding was sent off.

Is that completely true? I’m not going to go back and watch the first 33 minutes until Holding got sent off but my recollection is spurs only really dominated after holding was sent off.
The two screenshots below show the heat map for the first half and the second half. Spurs kicking left to right in both. In the second half it’s clear a lot of the game was played in arsenals half but the first half even with the penalty and red card looks far more even.
Up to the penalty in the 22nd minute my recollection is Arsenal had started pretty well albeit with neither side truly threatening.

Attachments:

Post #552647  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:19 am 

Rich wrote:

Just hope Arteta learnt from the Utd game. We were too open to quick counters through our middle.

Post #552648  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:25 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/amp/soc ... 8nn5zlzphw
This is a test transcript of the game. Backs up my memory that Arsenal started well, then spurs came back at us and in the 22nd minute they got the generous penalty and 9 minutes later Holding was sent off and it was game over and one way traffic. But until then it was at worst a pretty even game
Quote from the match report at 14 minutes
14 mins: It's a potentially foolish suggestion to make in this game, but the action has calmed down a little since Arsenal tore at Spurs in the opening minutes and the hosts then fashioned a few openings of their own.
The visitors look freer at the back and seem to have more space, continuing to play passes around inside their own half. Spurs look like they won't mind that, bearing in mind their speed of attacking threat.

Certainly doesn’t suggest Spurs dominated the game from the first kick?

Post #552649  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:32 am 

Rich wrote:
Certainly doesn’t suggest Spurs dominated the game from the first kick?

I’m absolutely stunned you have found reports claiming otherwise. I was at the game and basically my recollection of it is Tottenham outplaying us for the entire game.

Post #552650  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:39 am 

At least we now definitively know Pep isn’t that good. That bloke Keyes has given the verdict. I am not sure the level of commentators is much better than the quality of politicians.

Post #552651  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:09 am 

Bernard wrote:
Never seen it but I’ve heard Tony Adams is a contestant in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. Has be been knocked out yet or is he still in it?

According to a review in the Times this morning. He is bottom of the rankings and is described as being ‘stompy’ and looking like his feet were glued to the floor.

Not a programme that I would ever watch.

Post #552652  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:28 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Never seen it but I’ve heard Tony Adams is a contestant in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. Has be been knocked out yet or is he still in it?

According to a review in the Times this morning. He is bottom of the rankings and is described as being ‘stompy’ and looking like his feet were glued to the floor.

Nor me, but does that mean he’s still in it? I’d have thought the likes of is it Ken Goodwin (or has he retired) and Anton Du Beke (or however he spells his name) would have voted him out by now? Or are viewers allowed to vote contestants out and Arsenal supporters are voting to get others out?

Post #552653  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 am 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Nor me, but does that mean he’s still in it? I’d have thought the likes of is it Ken Goodwin (or has he retired) and Anton Du Beke (or however he spells his name) would have voted him out by now? Or are viewers allowed to vote contestants out and Arsenal supporters are voting to get others out?

Apparently nobody gets the boot in week 1.

Post #552654  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

No doubt your a 'Married at First Site' or 'Farmer wants a Wife' fan. Perhaps a renovation program or cooking show might catch your eye, just after you finished watching the Kardashans's or something like that. Never watched any of them.

Post #552655  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:03 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Apparently nobody gets the boot in week 1.

Do they have VAR

Post #552656  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:26 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

No doubt your a 'Married at First Site' or 'Farmer wants a Wife' fan. Perhaps a renovation program or cooking show might catch your eye, just after you finished watching the Kardashans's or something like that. Never watched any of them.

Ha ha. I’m more of a Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Line of Duty, Better Call Saul type of watcher.

Post #552657  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:42 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

That's pretty much what people said about him as a player ... and yet ....

Post #552658  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:31 am 

Post #552659  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:59 am 

The only attacking player Tottenham have is Bryan Gil, who is yet to play for them this season. If our defense can keep their attacking trio under control we'll have a good chance here. We know what their gameplan will be, they'll be happy to sit back and let us have possession, and then try to hit us on the break. Hopefully we learned a lesson against Man Utd.

Post #552660  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:10 am 

Hazuki wrote:
The only attacking player Tottenham have is Bryan Gil, who is yet to play for them this season. If our defense can keep their attacking trio under control we'll have a good chance here. We know what their gameplan will be, they'll be happy to sit back and let us have possession, and then try to hit us on the break. Hopefully we learned a lesson against Man Utd.

It’s odd that spurs have huge depth in both defence and defensive mids but in those attacking positions they really don’t have much. Only Kulesevski missing for them today.

Post #552661  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:16 am 

Very interesting the most and least filled grounds.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/798984764 ... 5x8gs&fs=e

Post #552662  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:40 am 

Good start, we look well up for it

Post #552663  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:44 am 

long time gooner wrote:
I’m more of a Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Line of Duty, Better Call Saul type of watcher.

:58big-emoticons: I don't know Line of Duty well, but the rest is great television.

Post #552664  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:45 am 

We are playing well from the start, aggressive so happy about that but feel like if Sperz get a good look at the goal they will score with not many shots on goal.

Post #552665  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:46 am 

Pattern of the game as expected. Us on the front foot, them looking for counters and set pieces.

Post #552666  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am 

No surprises 15 minutes in, we all knew Arsenal was going to dominate possession and be on the front foot. But we also know Tottenham don't need to create a lot of chances to score.

Post #552667  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:49 am 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

It’s odd that spurs have huge depth in both defence and defensive mids but in those attacking positions they really don’t have much. Only Kulesevski missing for them today.

Moura?

Post #552668  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:49 am 

Partey is back!!!!

A hell of a goal.

Post #552669  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:49 am 

PARTEEEY!!!

Post #552670  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:50 am 

Partey! Huge. 1-0

Post #552671  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:51 am 

Let’s Partey like it’s 1999. :22encouragement:

Post #552672  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:51 am 

Partey!!!!! Magnificent!!!!!

Post #552673  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:52 am 

That's the Partey that plays for Ghana. He is more attacking from midfield when playing for them when the opportunity permits.

Post #552674  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:55 am 

(Gabriel) Jesus Christ!

Post #552675  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:56 am 

That Ramsdale save from Richarlison seemed like it was offside anyway. Would have been called back if it did go in

Post #552676  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:56 am 

A second before the half wouldn't be bad.

Post #552677  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:58 am 

21 passes in the build up to the goal. Wonderful

Attachments:

Post #552678  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:59 am 

Penalty Tottenham, *%^@

Post #552679  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:59 am 

Perisic in far too much space there

Post #552680  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:00 pm 

Sh*t

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13814, 13815, 13816, 13817, 13818, 13819, 13820 ... 14269  Next