Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mcquilkie, Rich, warrior and 149 guests

Post #541921  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:23 pm 

I suppose we don't want to let him go until we have secured someone......

Post #541922  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:02 pm 

david.d wrote:
Why do we keep rejecting offers for Nketiah?
Is it not better to get something now rather than possibly nothing in the summer if he goes abroad.

As he’s at the end of his contract this summer, we won’t get anything for Nketiah if he goes elsewhere in England, not just abroad.

To be honest, I would snap anyone’s hand off if they’re offering £9.5m. I just don’t think Nketiah’s good enough to delay things over a few million. We should have sold him before.

Post #541923  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:32 pm 

A non league player for Lewes, 19 year old Ollie Turned has rejected Spurs after they tried to sign him as he wasn’t happy with their terms! Don’t think I’ve ever heard of something like that happening. Unless the lad has clubs lined up to take him on, or spurs were somehow offering him pennies then that would seem like a silly move. I know we like to laugh at spurs but you’re 19 playing non league football and spurs want you….you should be desperate to go

Post #541924  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 pm 

Bernard wrote:
david.d wrote:
Is it not better to get something now rather than possibly nothing in the summer if he goes abroad.

As he’s at the end of his contract this summer, we won’t get anything for Nketiah if he goes elsewhere in England, not just abroad.

To be honest, I would snap anyone’s hand off if they’re offering £9.5m. I just don’t think Nketiah’s good enough to delay things over a few million. We should have sold him before.

If he goes to a club in England we will get a fee decided by a tribunal as he came through as a hike grown player and because he’s still under a certain age I think. It’s difficult to predict but it’s likely to be a few million at least. Part of it is decided by contracts offered so you can legitimately say “this player was worth x amount to us”.

I think we could get between 4-8m for him but very difficult to predict.

Post #541925  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:49 pm 

Rich wrote:
A non league player for Lewes, 19 year old Ollie Turned has rejected Spurs after they tried to sign him as he wasn’t happy with their terms! Don’t think I’ve ever heard of something like that happening. Unless the lad has clubs lined up to take him on, or spurs were somehow offering him pennies then that would seem like a silly move. I know we like to laugh at spurs but you’re 19 playing non league football and spurs want you….you should be desperate to go

Probably didn’t want to play for their reserves and disappear.

Post #541926  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:54 pm 

Rich wrote:

Quote:
This comes after old tweets were unearthed of Tanner, who was previously on the books of North London rivals Arsenal, making fun of Tottenham and their star striker Harry Kane in 2018.

Wonder if this played a part :26surprise:

Post #541927  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:23 am 

Ash wrote:
If he goes to a club in England we will get a fee decided by a tribunal as he came through as a hike grown player and because he’s still under a certain age I think. It’s difficult to predict but it’s likely to be a few million at least. Part of it is decided by contracts offered so you can legitimately say “this player was worth x amount to us”.

I think we could get between 4-8m for him but very difficult to predict.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. I thought the principle enabled players to move at the end of their contract for free, regardless of being home grown or staying in England.

Post #541928  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:50 am 

Bernard wrote:
david.d wrote:

ditto that

Post #541929  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:35 am 

Yoko Ono has threatened to have her music added to Spotify unless Joe Rogan is removed.

Post #541930  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 am 

Loving this one. I'm sure most fans from that time have it as one of their all time best results of of the era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r-7t_IRxqY&t=70s

Post #541931  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 am 

70s derbies...gotta love it. I like that the announcer talks about how important the game is to sperz. Don't know what was happening for them why, but I like this game.

Post #541932  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:47 am 

That Brady guy is not bad. What a pass? The tackles were flying as expected.

Post #541933  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:12 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
70s derbies...gotta love it. I like that the announcer talks about how important the game is to sperz. Don't know what was happening for them why, but I like this game.

AG, Spurs avoided relegation by one point that season. (We weren't much better.) Heading down a YouTube rabbit hole, I liked this moment from Leeds v. Arsenal in 1972. When Alan Ball goes into the ref's book, he helpfully spells out his name. I think he might be slightly annoyed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhStPGirTNQ#t=10m01s

Post #541934  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 am 

Mason Greenwood looks like he’s in trouble. His girlfriend has posted pictures on social media of bruises and a bust lip and accused him of physically abusing her.

Post #541935  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:44 am 

Rich wrote:
Mason Greenwood looks like he’s in trouble. His girlfriend has posted pictures on social media of bruises and a bust lip and accused him of physically abusing her.

Saw that. If it’s legit, and there’s very little reason to assume it isn’t, then he is a scumbag who deserves everything that will come his way. *%^@.

Post #541936  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:59 am 

That’s a shame. Looks like it’s not going that well for Reiss Nelson. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... WkZR8Yo-9c

Post #541937  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:12 am 

Darren wrote:
Rich wrote:

Saw that. If it’s legit, and there’s very little reason to assume it isn’t, then he is a scumbag who deserves everything that will come his way. *%^@.

Hi Darren,

We all know how this plays out, he promises to get help and it gets brushed under the carpet because he's too big an asset for United to kick out the club.

Post #541938  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:16 am 

Reiss Nelson has had a dissapointing spell, he's looked distinctly unimpressive in the few matches he played for Feyenoord. No way good enough for the Arsenal.

Post #541939  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:18 am 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

We all know how this plays out, he promises to get help and it gets brushed under the carpet because he's too big an asset for United to kick out the club.

Not sure about this take. The video put out is pretty visceral, I can’t see how they could continue playing him whilst there’s no clarity from the poor girl or he himself. Serious accusation backed up with photographic, audio and visual evidence it’s not like the other cases based on what’s been said.

It’s crazy the way all of this stuff plays out on social media these days.

Post #541940  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:07 am 

Hitting women is wrong under any circumstances obviously. When you are in the public eye, you have to be extra careful. Is it worth your career possibly? Walk way, drop the girl if she's mouthing off at the lip. I think it was the rapper Jay Z who said he had to take more lip and walk away from people and situations that he would have otherwise dealt with on street level. He hits someone before he's famous nothing comes of it. He hits them now and its front page news, a lawsuit, etc.

Let's hope the club doesn't have a Richie Aprile view of domestic violence.

Post #541941  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:23 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Walk way, drop the girl if she's mouthing off at the lip.

Where to start ...

Post #541942  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:27 am 

Yeah we have our own DV celebrities here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -post.html

Post #541943  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:33 am 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ily-panic/

Post #541944  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:45 am 

Gunfire wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/29/january-business-arsenal-spurs-newcastle-has-unhealthily-panic/

Paywall/Email sign-up. My grandad, who was a Spurs fan, was also a long-time reader of The Telegraph. I'm not, so maybe give us a quick summary?

Post #541945  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:01 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/29/january-business-arsenal-spurs-newcastle-has-unhealthily-panic/

Paywall/Email sign-up. My grandad, who was a Spurs fan, was also a long-time reader of The Telegraph. I'm not, so maybe give us a quick summary?

Heya - I can see that ok - I use ad blockers on my computer with Firefox.

Does it show any of the article or are you using a mobile phone ??

Post #541946  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:31 pm 

LOL...funny little story. Why do players feel so intimidated by Keane even off the pitch? Sometimes I like Keane, sometimes I don't, but whatever, so what? Do you.

https://www.givemesport.com/1830178-peter-crouch-once-sold-aston-martin-for-20k-loss-because-of-man-utd-legend-roy-keane

Post #541947  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:42 pm 

warrior wrote:
Yeah we have our own DV celebrities here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -post.html

"alleged" victim. In American media they do a checklist of the accused to determine if the term 'alleged' should be used. It could be on camera and I've seen 'alleged' banted about.

Like the old adage 'Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?'

That's a crazy story though....crying out 'no justice'! Ha! Talk about feeling entitled. I was waiting for him to finish with '...no peace'.

Post #541948  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:50 pm 

warrior wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

Heya - I can see that ok - I use ad blockers on my computer with Firefox.

Does it show any of the article or are you using a mobile phone ??

Interesting. Thanks, Rog. I don't use ad blockers, of Firefox for that matter. I was using my desktop (on Google Chrome), which, admittedly is as fresh as BoyzIIMen. Great as they were.

Post #541949  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:53 pm 

At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilshire unveiled as our new signing.

Post #541950  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:04 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
Interesting. Thanks, Rog. I don't use ad blockers, of Firefox for that matter. I was using my desktop (on Google Chrome), which, admittedly is as fresh as BoyzIIMen. Great as they were.

My man - Try using UBlock Origin for Chrome.

Adverts suck, slow down the internet, can have privacy issues, are distracting and use excess bandwidth, and can also contain malware/viruses if clicked on.

Link here : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iagm?hl=en

You can always switch it on and off as needed.

I use many ad blockers and privacy blockers, VPN's etc.

I've not seen an advert on the internet since the Thatcher era. :emoticon_mClapp:

Post #541951  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm 

Here's a quick list of what I use - because I'm bored

PIA VPN which has an upstream adblocker (Mace) which blocks ads at the source.
*It also allows viewing of anything from whatever country which bypasses "GEO Blocking"

It also uses a private DNS server and not an Australian one which prevents me from getting pages blocked via DNS poisoning - Which they do here a fair bit.

In Firefox, I use AdBlockPlus, UBlock Origin, Privacy badger, NoScript, Absolute Right click (which enables right click on all pages), Don't 'F' with Paste (which allows password pasting even when websites try blocking it), Multi containers for tabs, Enhancer for YouTube (Adblocker and enables loads of features in YouTube), "I don't care about cookies" and Auto Cookie delete (which enables viewing news pages that have limited free articles.)

UBlock Origin is a beast though and will kill all adverts and has a script killer in it too for those web sites that ask you to 'register for free to continue reading'.

It's nice watching YouTube without any adverts too.

Protip - You can add UBlock Origin to mobile phones, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc too.

Post #541952  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:23 pm 

warrior wrote:
mcquilkie wrote:

My man - Try using UBlock Origin for Chrome.

Adverts suck, slow down the internet, can have privacy issues, are distracting and use excess bandwidth, and can also contain malware/viruses if clicked on.

Link here : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iagm?hl=en

You can always switch it on and off as needed.

I use many ad blockers and privacy blockers, VPN's etc.

I've not seen an advert on the internet since the Thatcher era. :emoticon_mClapp:

Thanks, Rog! I really appreciate it. I can almost forgive your earlier comment about Yoko. I reckon 'Walking on Thin Ice' was pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u7jf-TYoZk

Post #541953  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:45 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
Thanks, Rog! I really appreciate it. I can almost forgive your earlier comment about Yoko.

But then there's this ...

Post #541954  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:48 pm 

The only reason for not getting a striker in now can;t be because of the money, because all of these strikers will cost the same in the summer no doubt, it can only be because clubs won't let them leave in january - which is understandable if teams are on the brink of Europe/Relegation.

However, we should be exploring loan options to see us through to the end of the year. Low cost, low risk, potential high reward

Post #541955  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:13 pm 

No way are they contemplating letting Aubameyang and Nketiah go if they aren’t speaking to a new striker. No chance. Ornstein is saying Aubameyang is off to Barcelona.

Isak must be joining.

Post #541956  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:33 pm 

mcquilkie wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

This is the portion about us...................................................

Arsenal have to do something, but why have they left it so late?

Arteta’s hand is not as strong. Arsenal is his first managerial job and so he has to be more cautious in how hard he pushes especially as club owner Stan Kroenke will have wanted answers during discussions in Denver last week as to how the squad’s highest-paid player, and the now defunct captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been exiled and what the plan is for him. There have been loan approaches from Barcelona and Juventus but wages, obviously, are an issue for a player on such an incredible salary.

How Arteta would love Aubameyang to leave and a new striker sign in the next couple of days but Arsenal have hit a brick wall, so far, on both fronts. Their number one target, Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic, has joined Juventus for £58.2m and if he lined up alongside Aubameyang in Turin rather than at the Emirates then Arsenal fans will believe it sums up this window.

Alternatives such as Real Sociedad’s Alexander Isak appear to be too expensive. Will Everton sell Dominic Calvert-Lewin? Arsenal may have to look elsewhere and it is negligent to go in the second-half of the season like this especially as Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are out of contract in the summer and probably leaving. Nketiah may go before then if Newcastle can finalise a move.

In midfield, too, Arsenal have been unable to strengthen as planned. Talks with Juventus over a loan for Arthur Melo have gone nowhere, Guimaraes is joining Newcastle and Aston Villa insist Douglas Luiz is not for sale. Again Arsenal surely have to do something although their fans are right to question – as is happening at Spurs – why they have left it all so late. Both clubs have technical directors. They appear to have been asleep at the wheel.

Post #541957  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:36 pm 

grantyboy wrote:
At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilshire unveiled as our new signing.

He was photographed in Dubai training and he had a squad number. 12 I think. Maybe he will be a "signing ".

Post #541958  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm 

The answer to all our problems. Jack Wilshere. As centre forward no doubt.

Post #541959  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
The answer to all our problems. Jack Wilshere. As centre forward no doubt.

Wilshere, in theory, can sign out of the window as he’s not under contract so the rules don’t apply. He can sign in a month if we so wish.

Post #541960  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:17 pm 

The Bruno Guimaraes deal to Newcastle includes a 20% sell on clause. Suspect not many of the clubs with him in mind would have accepted that clause

[ 571644 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13546, 13547, 13548, 13549, 13550, 13551, 13552 ... 14292  Next