Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 95 guests

Post #538401  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:12 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Like who specifically ? Because bar West Ham I only see the usual big suspects above us in the league with a lot of football to play this season.

Win, lose or draw you slag the manager off anyway so it doesn’t matter

Just look at Evertons last 7 games and tell me that all those teams have better players than us. Look at Brighton and Palace who we failed to beat. Brighton took points off Liverpool but we just surrendered even before a ball was kicked. Looking at the Spurs squad it is pretty ordinary. You are backing the manager. He is the one who wanted Partey purchased and Aubameyang contract extended. But what he wants is ‘yes’ men who actually lack spine and are too scared to try anything different.

It doesn’t matter who is in the forwards if the ball hardly ever gets into the area. You want to spend money but I am not even sure he has an eye for players. We don’t have mid week games because of him so there are no excuses of being overplayed. The Man U & Everton game had all the symptoms of Olympicos and Villarreal. Games for the taking. But see the problem is that the squad has changed dramatically and our style of play and mental application are the same. So who is to blame. Places 5-6 should be easily within our grasp but not with erratic decisions like Arteta makes. Winning all our games to Christmas is easily achievable but the manager needs to do something about our style of play. Leading a game and then fading away has been a problem and he appears incapable of fixing it which is his job. And Arteta apologists are part of the problem.

The only 2 sides above us you can make an argument of saying we have a better squad than which are West Ham (who are there on merit) and possibly Spurs. So on the basis they can be caught as we have easier fixtures what are you harping on about and isn’t a dose of realism required.

There’s no point in speaking to you about it because you’re warped and gain satisfaction from our defeats so I won’t indulge you further.

You’re simply an internet agenda fan. Weirdos on the internet hoping we llose to prove themselves right.

You know what it may come apart and we finish lower than 7th in which case I’ll be wanting a change but it hasn’t yet.

Post #538402  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:03 am 

I heard Neville and Carragher both say they were convinced Godfrey meant to stamp on Tomiyasu, I agree, I don’t necessarily think he meant to stamp on his face but he meant to get him. I read a good way of looking at it which said if that was his teammate on the floor rather than an Arsenal player would his studs have ended up in his face?! No chance. Anyone that has played football knows that you can avoid putting your foot somewhere very easily if you are willing to try. Shameful, disgraceful decision not to send him off. Along with the Palace and McArthur one I think they cost us 5 points from those 2 games.

Post #538403  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:26 am 

Bernard wrote:
I have to agree AndyB. The squad as it stands is:

Keepers: Ramsdale, Leno, Okankwo
Right backs: Tomiyasu, Maitland-Niles, Cédric
Left backs: Tierney, Tavares, Kolasinac
Central defenders: White, Gabriel, Holding, Mari, Chambers
Central midfielders: Partey, Lokonga, Ødegaard, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, Elneny
Wide players: Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Pépé
Strikers: Aubameyang, Lacazette, Balogun, Nketiah

I think if we had our strikers playing anywhere near where they can we have a squad that could challenge for 4th, but only on the basis that West Ham have a thin squad as I think they’re starting 11 has a better balance, and on the basis that Spurs are about the same as us (bar two match winners as you said). Man U have a better squad and will probably get 4th now they’ve got rid of Ole
However there is still lots that will need to change and will change with that squad. You don’t need a 2nd 11 all at top 4 quality but you do need 6 or so who could feasibly play 25 games and be good enough for a top 4 team. Liverpool lost 3 CB and went from a title winning squad to scraping top 4.
Leno won’t stick around for long as No.2
Kolasinac is off and is barely midtable as a back up. Cédric is also not good enough
Mari I don’t think is good enough and if we had to play Holding for a full season I don’t think we’d make top 4
Chambers have never proven himself any better than mid table at best
Elneny is off and Xhaka was all but out the door last year and we’ve never finished top 4 with him at the club
AMN is a good utility player but I doubt we’d get top 4 if he had to start 25 games
Pépé doesn’t look like top 4 material
And in the next 12 months we’re looking at losing lacazette, Nketiah and Aubameyang

That’s 13 of the 27 man squad. Now not all need to go but the vast majority of that 12 will be off or need to be gone.

I also think that Arteta should be getting more from what he has, certainly more attacking football. I don’t think you have to come down 100% on one side or the other of we’re blaming Arteta or the quality of the squad

Post #538404  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 am 

Football 365 on the Everton crowd and Richarlison
“They cheered effort and crunching tackles in the absence of quality and slowly dragged that quality from the players as the game went on.
Richarlison was the epitome of that – his desire was unmatched by anyone on the pitch and in doing the simple, unflashy things, he found himself in positions where his skill almost had no option but to eventually pay dividends.”

Both points I made last night. We allow a home crowd to desperately cheer anything and get their team going, our passive approach gives encouragement in spades. And Richarlison did all the things our forwards fail to do. If we had Richarlison as our main striker we’d be 6-9 points better this season I’m convinced of it. I’d probably say the same for Watkins, Antonio, and any number of forwards at non big 6 clubs who just do the basic things you expect from a CF.

Post #538405  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:43 am 

Artera to Wenger “Yes we’d love you come back and be around the club. And you’ll notice that it’s just like you’d never left”

Post #538406  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:46 am 

Rich wrote:
I also think that Arteta should be getting more from what he has, certainly more attacking football. I don’t think you have to come down 100% on one side or the other of we’re blaming Arteta or the quality of the squad

Agree with that, there's still some squad building to be done and this summer shows we're on the right track with our recruitment. But it's just hard to say Arteta is performing at anywhere near the quality required when it comes to getting the best out of what we've got. Our squad being young is an excuse that only goes so far; no matter the average age of the squad, we still should be getting more than a good performance every three games from this group.

If we compare to West Ham, it's clear that Moyes is making them perform better than just being a sum of their part. I mean, which of their players would be a target for the bigger clubs? Declan Rice is the only one, I don't see any of the big six lining up to recruit Antonio, Soucek, Bowen or Fornals. They're simply much better managed than we are.

Post #538407  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 am 

Rich wrote:
Richarlison was the epitome of that – his desire was unmatched by anyone on the pitch and in doing the simple, unflashy things, he found himself in positions where his skill almost had no option but to eventually pay dividends.”

This is the point I was trying to make last night. We tore Tottenham, Leicester and Aston Villa apart at times, and it happened because of the desire and intensity we showed which allowed our quality to shine. When watching most of our games, and listening to Arteta analyzing them, it sounds like we're waiting for the good performances to come, and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It's not going to just happen, we need to realize it happens when we make it happen.

Post #538408  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:55 am 

West Ham are a weird phenomena right now.

I have several mates who follow them and even there own fans know it won’t last and are laughing about it.

Maybe United should reappoint Davey Moyes again eh? Nope I can’t see it either. Maybe we should !

When Leicester won the title we should have poached Ranieri. No ? What do you mean.

It’s possible for anyone’s confidence to build and have their day in the sun.

Post #538409  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:01 am 

How much more money are we going to throw at this before we get to the real problem? You can chop and change what you want but this manager isn't good enough.

Post #538410  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:10 am 

New striker
Experienced creative player in the final third to support saka and Smith Rowe
New passing midfielder to help partey

Not much will change until you get those 3 in. Moan, chastise hell even set fire to yourselves lads :laughing7:

That said we can still achieve a reasonable finish despite people’s compulsive behaviour about the manager.

Post #538411  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:43 am 

I think the solution is pretty simple.

1. Stop giving the ball away stupidly
2. Keep Ødegaard or anyone from midfield scoring
3. Give Aubameyang some confidence.

And we’ll easily make top 4.

Post #538412  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:49 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
That said we can still achieve a reasonable finish despite people’s compulsive behaviour about the manager.

but it doesn't do any good for the heart rate / stress levels after such a performance to do your approach the "Oh we have a young squad full of promise and Mikel given a chance I'm sure will turn things around ''

with a couple of harps and Chilean pipes playing softly in the background

No no no ... shove three Lucky Strikes in your gob , light up , rip your shirt off ; go outside and smash yourself around with a birch branch for half an hour in -17 temperatures like Haz does

....or alternatively say Arteta you are a stupid clueless mealy mouthed dickw%%$$#ker who'd be out of his depth coaching the Under 6's .... much better approaches .

Why on earth does Nketiah who wont sign a contract keep getting a start in front of Balogun ...?

Post #538413  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:58 am 

grantyboy wrote:
I think the solution is pretty simple.

1. Stop giving the ball away stupidly

Let's not set the bar too high here Granty Boy

Post #538414  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:12 pm 

Possession: Everton 36, Arsenal 64%

… it’s the final third lads. We’ve refreshed our whole side except wengers 30 plus strikers and you can moan all you want about the manager motivating people and that bollocks but aubameyang not even working their keeper with that final chance was *%^@*** criminal and no manager can legislate or deal with that by any means other than dropping the stupid *%^@ (if you have a replacement)

If we had a fit Danny Welbeck in our squad he would be getting a lot of football right now

Post #538415  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:20 pm 

I was seething last night.
Just as i was against Utd.
Still pissed off today.
I’m 51. Supported this great club for 42 years and defeats still get under my skin and really hurt.
Arteta disgusts me with his negative football , cautiousness , *%^@*** ego and treating certain players like *%^@. Say what you like about Pépé but no player deserves that sort of treatment.
Just pure *%^@*** spitefulness from Arteta and we have seen it before with Saliba.
What sort of message does it send to AMN and Sambi that they have great games recently then are dropped to the bench. They then see Xhaka waltz back into the team after a LONG injury.
He is not even softly introduced from the bench. He is put STRAIGHT IN.
What sort of utter foolery is that and if you are AMN or Sambi why on earth would you want to play for this *%^@*** *%^@???
It’s like one of those movies you have seen a million times before.
We play a *%^@ team in crisis and you just know we will lose to them and give them a piggyback back up.
We play backwards and sideways awful bland football.
We go a goal up and play with fear and sit back.
It was so obvious Everton would equalise and then you start fearing a winner and hey presto , here it is!
Please Please get this fraud out. To think i was excited by his appointment but yesterday was truly the end game for me.
We will probably beat Southampton but west ham no chance on the basis of these *%^@ performances.
The season can still be rescued. Get Arteta the *%^@ out.
Step forward Graham Potter.
He has Brighton punching above their weight and playing good football.
Imagine what he could do with us.

Post #538416  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 pm 

Pépé on the right when Eddie goes on. Oh if looks could kill... :15laughter:

Attachments:

Post #538417  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:35 pm 

david.d wrote:
Still pissed off today.
I’m 51. Supported this great club for 42 years and defeats still get under my skin and really hurt.
Arteta disgusts me with his negative football , cautiousness , *%^@*** ego and treating certain players like *%^@. Say what you like about Pépé but no player deserves that sort of treatment.
Just pure *%^@*** spitefulness from Arteta and we have seen it before with Saliba.
What sort of message does it send to AMN and Sambi that they have great games recently then are dropped to the bench. They then see Xhaka waltz back into the team after a LONG injury.
What sort of utter foolery is that and if you are AMN or Sambi why on earth would you want to play for this *%^@*** *%^@???
We play a *%^@ team in crisis and you just know we will lose to them and give them a piggyback back up.
It was so obvious Everton would equalise and then you start fearing a winner and hey presto , here it is!
Please Please get this fraud out. To think i was excited by his appointment but yesterday was truly the end game for me.
We will probably beat Southampton but west ham no chance on the basis of these *%^@ performances.

Ok a few words on this diatribe of insanity :laughing7:

I’m not Xhakas biggest fan but I thought the manager was right to pick him last night and also for me he got a pass on the needless yellow. We Always get kicked off the park at goodison and saka got kicked so many times his ankles must be a smooth paste today

It Graham potter becomes your hero we are beyond hope. Reminds me of the Owen Coyle suggestions years ago.

I hope you get well soon

Post #538418  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:37 pm 

Zed wrote:
Pépé on the right when Eddie goes on. Oh if looks could kill... :15laughter:

Just a gut feeling but I reckon he might be about to be sold. There’s been murmurings in the press of a swap deal and the club might be trying to force the issue

Post #538419  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:57 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
… it’s the final third lads.

I would add just a few more things we did wrong last night; non-existent press, complete inability to deal with our opponents pressing, no forward progression from midfield, attacking players barely touching the ball all game, inability to string five passes together in the opponent's half. And it's not a one-time thing, this is the way we perform more often than not.

I don't see Potter (or really anyone else available) as some sort of magical solution, but at least he gets his team to fight tooth and nail for the right to play. Something Arteta routinely fails to do with this Arsenal side.

Post #538420  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:16 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I don't see Potter (or really anyone else available) as some sort of magical solution, but at least he gets his team to fight tooth and nail for the right to play. Something Arteta routinely fails to do with this Arsenal side.

Then you can’t be watching us much because we are above them in the league. How do you explain this nonsense.

:15laughter:

After a while it gets so divvy. If you think those kids aren’t doing their utmost you must be a massive bellend.

Post #538421  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Then you can’t be watching us much because we are above them in the league. How do you explain this nonsense.

Because we have superior players in every single position? It's not rocket science. There's only so much a manager can do - no matter how well Arteta performs, we're not winning the league with this squad for example - but you're arguing as if there's nothing a manager can do except make good substitutions.

Post #538422  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:37 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Because we have superior players in every single position? It's not rocket science. There's only so much a manager can do - no matter how well Arteta performs, we're not winning the league with this squad for example - but you're arguing as if there's nothing a manager can do except make good substitutions.

I repeat you said Arteta doesn’t fight tooth and nail to get him team to play.

Most weeks saka and Smithers and others are knackered by the 70th minute as they have run themselves into the ground. Your talking *%^@ and most will know it. This isn’t a world class team thats coasting. Such nonsense

Post #538423  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Most weeks saka and Smithers and others are knackered by the 70th minute as they have run themselves into the ground. Your talking *%^@ and most will know it. This isn’t a world class team thats coasting. Such nonsense

I suspect that what Haz means is that Potter appears to overachieve with his resources, whereas we consistently look worse than the sum of our parts.

Post #538424  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

No, I said he doesn't get his team to fight tooth and nail. I'm sure Arteta does everything he can possibly think of to get the team to perform the way he wants, but it's not happening often enough. The amount we run isn't the issue, and I'm not saying the players aren't trying - I'm saying they play with a lack of the direction and purpose you see in teams who are outperforming their expectations.

Post #538425  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
david.d wrote:
Still pissed off today.

I’m not Xhakas biggest fan but I thought the manager was right to pick him last night and also for me he got a pass on the needless yellow. We Always get kicked off the park at goodison and saka got kicked so many times his ankles must be a smooth paste today

It Graham potter becomes your hero we are beyond hope. Reminds me of the Owen Coyle suggestions years ago.

I hope you get well soon

Thought it wouldn't be long before the self appointed *%^@ piped up.
Do one you freak , i'm not interested in your opinion.

Post #538426  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

No, I said he doesn't get his team to fight tooth and nail. I'm sure Arteta does everything he can possibly think of to get the team to perform the way he wants, but it's not happening often enough. The amount we run isn't the issue, and I'm not saying the players aren't trying - I'm saying they play with a lack of the direction and purpose you see in teams who are outperforming their expectations.

He does get his team to fight tooth and nail and the ones who sit in that ground every week know it. I’d advise keeping Schtum.

Our issues lie with some glaring and obvious gaps in the side and a lack of technical proficiency in some areas. Not effort or setup or even really bad substitutions like last night.

Don’t accuse this side of a lack of effort again. Poor

Post #538427  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:47 pm 

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I hope you get well soon

Thought it wouldn't be long before the self appointed *%^@ piped up.
Do one you freak , i'm not interested in your opinion.

I hope you get better.

Post #538428  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
He does get his team to fight tooth and nail and the ones who sit in that ground every week know it. I’d advise keeping Schtum.

Well, I'd advise you to find another way to deal with your frustration than trying to pick fights on the internet. Or learn how to have a discussion in good faith. However, I suspect you'll pay as much heed to my advice as I will to yours, so let's leave it at that.

Post #538429  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:51 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Well, I'd advise you to find another way to deal with your frustration than trying to pick fights on the internet. Or learn how to have a discussion in good faith. However, I suspect you'll pay as much heed to my advice as I will to yours, so let's leave it at that.

Pick fights ? Hardly. I’m trying to stop you embarrassing yourself. Done with this

Post #538430  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:53 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I would add just a few more things we did wrong last night; non-existent press, complete inability to deal with our opponents pressing, no forward progression from midfield, attacking players barely touching the ball all game, inability to string five passes together in the opponent's half.

Yeh, but apart from that we did ok, Haz.

Post #538431  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:55 pm 

socrates wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
I would add just a few more things we did wrong last night; non-existent press, complete inability to deal with our opponents pressing, no forward progression from midfield, attacking players barely touching the ball all game, inability to string five passes together in the opponent's half.

Same as my reaction when I read that post. Excruciating to watch and unutterably dull.

Post #538432  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:59 pm 

socrates wrote:

As long as we're talking about positives, I thought Ødegaard had a decent game. Got involved, tried to make things happen and scored a fine goal. If not for a few desperate blocks he could've gotten one or two more.

Post #538433  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:08 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Spurs next few games in the league are Brighton away , Leicester away, Liverpool then West Ham

We have Southampton. West Ham, Leeds and Norwich. In the same period. All winnable

Spurs still have to go to old Trafford, the eitihad, king power and anfield in the league.

Man uniteds next 2 games are away. In march their fixtures are city spurs and Liverpool. They also have to come to our place in April and Arteta has only ever lost to them once last week to a gift of a Penalty

You would be foolish to suggest everything is lost to a point of disposing of a manager right now. Absolutely foolish. It’s all to play for after a run of very hard games.

Our game against spurs in January will be key. Lose that one and I think you have issues

Are you sure about that? Everton hadn't won since September 25th and were in chaos. That was as "winnable" a game as you'll get on paper. As Arseblog presciently wrote yesterday we are the kiss of life team. Just when a team is down and needs a lift along we come and oblige. That's a mental problem and starts at the top.

Post #538434  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
socrates wrote:

As long as we're talking about positives, I thought Ødegaard had a decent game. Got involved, tried to make things happen and scored a fine goal. If not for a few desperate blocks he could've gotten one or two more.

I thought he was good too. I did think he might have got his shot way a little quicker on a couple of occasions but at least he was getting into those positions. If he could add goals to his game that would be a big plus.

Post #538435  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:46 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Spurs next few games in the league are Brighton away , Leicester away, Liverpool then West Ham

We have Southampton. West Ham, Leeds and Norwich. In the same period. All winnable

Spurs still have to go to old Trafford, the eitihad, king power and anfield in the league.

Man uniteds next 2 games are away. In march their fixtures are city spurs and Liverpool. They also have to come to our place in April and Arteta has only ever lost to them once last week to a gift of a Penalty

You would be foolish to suggest everything is lost to a point of disposing of a manager right now. Absolutely foolish. It’s all to play for after a run of very hard games.

Our game against spurs in January will be key. Lose that one and I think you have issues

Are you sure about that? Everton hadn't won since September 25th and were in chaos. That was as "winnable" a game as you'll get on paper. As Arseblog presciently wrote yesterday we are the kiss of life team. Just when a team is down and needs a lift along we come and oblige. That's a mental problem and starts at the top.

It’s never easy at Goodison park. It feels like every game in my life I’ve ever watched there falls into the same pattern as last night. Eggy crowd, *%^@ ref that allows their players to kick us all over the place. I’ve watched last nights movie several times.

This team can beat most on their day but can also struggle on an off day. No reason to think we cant pick up more points and I’ll be there this weekend enjoying myself whilst the weirdos on the internet are undertaking autoerotic asphyxia in case we lose.

Post #538436  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:00 pm 

I know he missed a sitter but I thought Nketiah was lively when he came on on the left wing. Certainly showed up both Lacazette and Aubameyang from recent games. Ran at his man, set up a chance for Ødegaard and the late one for Aubameyang and linked general play well.

Post #538437  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I’ll be there this weekend enjoying myself whilst the weirdos on the internet are undertaking autoerotic asphyxia in case we lose.

:9surprise:

Post #538438  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
New striker
Experienced creative player in the final third to support saka and Smith Rowe
New passing midfielder to help partey

Not much will change until you get those 3 in. Moan, chastise hell even set fire to yourselves lads :laughing7:

Clearly we need a new striker. But surely Arteta has the sole responsibility for giving minutes to Nketiah, even though everyone knows he’s on his bike soon and is arguably such a weak player?

You clearly either don’t rate or have taken a dislike to Ødegaard (I always find it difficult to distinguish which is the bigger rationale for your views), if you think an experienced creative midfielder to support Saka and Smith Rowe is such a priority. Am I missing something, but wasn’t it Arteta who wanted the £30m+ purchase of Ødegaard? I simply don’t accept Edu decided to buy him without Arteta’s full support. But you seem to defend Arteta to an almost creepy extent.

Moreover, it can only have been Arteta who wanted Xhaka to get his contract extension to 2025. What has happened to Partey since Arteta bought him? In my view Partey has been part of the problem, and I suggest other managers could get more out of him than Arteta is.

But you seem obsessed with defending Arteta as though he’s a close relative. If you don’t think Ødegaard or Xhaka are good enough, ask yourself whose responsibility it is that they’re in the team and who spent a lot to recruit Ødegaard.

Post #538439  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:44 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I’ll be there this weekend enjoying myself whilst the weirdos on the internet are undertaking autoerotic asphyxia in case we lose.

:9surprise:

That sort of stuff is not only deeply offensive, it’s unnecessary. It’s happened a few times now.

Post #538440  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:45 pm 

Rich wrote:

Sadly I can't quite shake from my mind a performance where we control the game but don't create that much and certainly don't test Pickford, and then go 1-0 down to Everton's first shot on target - probably a scrappy header or rebound from Michael Keane from a poorly defended set piece around the 60th minute, we then throw on a load of forward players and end up losing 1-0 with just 3 shots on target.......I seriously hope I'm wrong

Not sure if it’s the done thing to quote oneself from before the match, but this didn’t feel that far off in the end. When Richarlison scored the header from the free kick it felt like it was going to be even closer to being right before that goal was disallowed.

It can’t be right that we can predict pretty accurately the type of performance we’re going to throw in even down to the sterile dominance and lack of testing their gk

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13458, 13459, 13460, 13461, 13462, 13463, 13464 ... 14269  Next