Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot and 100 guests

Post #530641  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 am 

We dont have the resources to be spending huge amounts.
That's why nurturing these youngsters is another way to do it.
Arteta is not the man to do it.

Post #530642  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:53 am 

david.d wrote:

Am I missing something ? Willock, Emile Smith Rowe and Saka all products of hale end we’re used frequently last season.

There’s highlighting a difference in opinion and then there’s just highlighting the nonsense that wanders round inside your brain mate :58big-emoticons:

Post #530643  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:21 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
The transfer fee prices quoted in the media will be unreliable. That is sure not arguable. I’ve never said player quality isn’t a relevant factor and it would be a lie if you’re saying I did. What I do think is that there are other factors that influence the price paid and received.

This could include in no particular order the state of the market (depressed or not), players’ ages, length of time left on contracts with existing clubs, the eagerness or willingness for relevant players to leave current clubs and join a new ones, the skill or competence in negotiating transfer fees for buying and selling clubs, and I doubt that will be an exhaustive list. So it is NOT solely down to player quality, which you appeared to be suggesting.

Your post 530621 confirms player quality determines transfer value. No longer any need to continue this

My post 530621 was: “I thought I asked who all these players are you consider worse than Xhaka who will move for higher fees. So why did you mention Jorghino, let alone Castagne or Brewster? How about Allan, as it’s down to him now? By the way, do you consider £20m peanuts? Because that’s the fee I’ve seen for Xhaka, a player who’s approaching 29, his contract expires in two years, and appears eager to move on. You obviously buy your peanuts from Harrods.”

I have never said that transfer fees are unrelated to player quality. It is why, assuming he leaves Tottenham this summer, that Harry Kane will be transferred for more money than someone like Maupay will leave Brighton for, if he goes. What I am saying is that player quality is not the only single thing that influences transfer fee size. Age can. If Lewandowski was to leave Bayern this summer I am sure he would go for less money than Kane will leave Tottenham for. Not because of any vast difference in quality, because as players they’re quite possibly at similar sorts of level. But because Lewandowski is about five years older and is now a veteran, who is probably not only past his best but will be leaving his best further behind in the past as time moves on.

There will be other factors that influence transfer fees as well as quality and age. Among them time left on contracts, the eagerness of players to move, negotiating talent at buying and selling clubs, and judgements that inevitably to an extent will be subjective as to how good or bad a player is. And I don’t doubt there could be other factors too.

So I do agree with you that there is no longer any need to continue this.

Post #530644  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Your post 530621 confirms player quality determines transfer value. No longer any need to continue this

My post 530621 was: “I thought I asked who all these players are you consider worse than Xhaka who will move for higher fees. So why did you mention Jorghino, let alone Castagne or Brewster? How about Allan, as it’s down to him now? By the way, do you consider £20m peanuts? Because that’s the fee I’ve seen for Xhaka, a player who’s approaching 29, his contract expires in two years, and appears eager to move on. You obviously buy your peanuts from Harrods.”

I have never said that transfer fees are unrelated to player quality. It is why, assuming he leaves Tottenham this summer, that Harry Kane will be transferred for more money than someone like Maupay will leave Brighton for, if he goes. What I am saying is that player quality is not the only single thing that influences transfer fee size. Age can. If Lewandowski was to leave Bayern this summer I am sure he would go for less money than Kane will leave Tottenham for. Not because of any vast difference in quality, because as players they’re quite possibly at similar sorts of level. But because Lewandowski is about five years older and is now a veteran, who is probably not only past his best but will be leaving his best further behind in the past as time moves on.

There will be other factors that influence transfer fees as well as quality and age. Among them time left on contracts, the eagerness of players to move, negotiating talent at buying and selling clubs, and judgements that to inevitably to an extent be subjective as to how good or bad a player is. And I don’t suppose for a single minute there could be other factors.

P.s you mentioned Jorginho who is also the same age as Xhaka

Post #530645  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

There will be other factors that influence transfer fees as well as quality and age. Among them time left on contracts, the eagerness of players to move, negotiating talent at buying and selling clubs, and judgements that to inevitably to an extent be subjective as to how good or bad a player is. And I don’t suppose for a single minute there could be other factors.

Post 530621 was asking you, after not only calling Xhaka the worst Arsenal player you’ve ever seen but also saying he wouldn’t get into any of the better sides, why you were suddenly writing stuff that made me wonder if you might have considered him better than Jorghino who regularly gets into Chelsea’s side.

I have NEVER claimed player quality is the sole factor determining transfer fee size. Because it isn’t, full stop. I didn’t say it was in post 530621 or anywhere else. Because it isn’t. It is one of a number of factors.

Glad you still think there’s no need to continue this. Which makes me wonder why you did your last post unless you’re a sad obsessive determined to write the final post on any subject. For the sake of your mental stability, I hope that isn’t the case.

Post #530646  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:52 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Post 530621 was asking you, after not only calling Xhaka the worst Arsenal player you’ve ever seen but also saying he wouldn’t get into any of the better sides, why you were suddenly writing stuff that made me wonder if you might have considered him better than Jorghino who regularly gets into Chelsea’s side.

I have NEVER claimed player quality is the sole factor determining transfer fee size. Because it isn’t, full stop. I didn’t say it was in post 530621 or anywhere else. Because it isn’t. It is one of a number of factors.

Glad you still think there’s no need to continue this. Which makes me wonder why you did your last post unless you’re a sad obsessive determined to write the final post on any subject. For the sake of your mental stability, I hope that isn’t the case.

Post #530647  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:00 am 

Whats the way forward with the latest TVs ? should you pick Qled or whatever ? they have become so complex i'm out of touch with what needs consideration Need to order one for the mancave this looks decent

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-ho ... 5-pdt.html

Post #530648  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:38 am 

https://football-italia.net/arsenal-make-correa-bid/

Never really heard of this guy.

Post #530649  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:02 pm 

Wales v Switzerland ..... Xhaka playing. Interesting to see how Ramsey is nowadays.

Post #530650  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:54 pm 

Awful scenes in the Denmark game. Eriksen just collapsed and the medics are on the pitch trying to resuscitate him. Hope he pulls through

Post #530651  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:00 pm 

Rich wrote:
Awful scenes in the Denmark game. Eriksen just collapsed and the medics are on the pitch trying to resuscitate him. Hope he pulls through

Awful is right Rich. Don’t look good. I hope that ripple of applause at the end is a good sign. Fingers crossed for him.

Post #530652  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:06 pm 

That was horrible to watch. Hope he pulls through

Post #530653  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:07 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Rich wrote:

Awful is right Rich. Don’t look good. I hope that ripple of applause at the end is a good sign. Fingers crossed for him.

It's just awful. Eriksen appeared just to collapse according to reports, even showing his wife. Hoping he'll be alright. Game should be stopped immediately.

Post #530654  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:18 pm 

Zed wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

It's just awful. Eriksen appeared just to collapse according to reports, even showing his wife. Hoping he'll be alright. Game should be stopped immediately.

I wasn’t watching the game so didn’t see Eriksen’s collapse as it happened. But saw what was happening when I turned over to catch the latest score. Hope he recovers. The game has been postponed.

Post #530655  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 pm 

Seeing Eriksen reminded me of Fabrice Muamba in 2012, he had cardiac arrest with his heart stopped for 78 mins. It was the Bolton v Spurs FA Cup match. Luckily he survived.

Post #530656  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:28 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

I wasn’t watching the game so didn’t see Eriksen’s collapse as it happened. But saw what was happening when I turned over to catch the latest score. Hope he recovers. The game has been postponed.

Thanks Bernard. Five Live said game is postponed.

Post #530657  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:28 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

Photo circulating over here (USA) showing him conscious on the stretcher

Post #530658  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm 

Andy Green wrote:

Well that’s good as far as it goes. Thanks.

Post #530659  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:35 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

Well that’s good as far as it goes. Thanks.

Yes, apparently he's awake at the Copenhagen hospital. Good news that.

Post #530660  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:36 pm 

BBC getting absolute pelters on the social media but I’m not sure what the broadcaster can do in those circumstances. It’s live so they have seconds to react and the inclination is to continue

Heartbreaking hope he’s ok

Post #530661  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:38 pm 

Danish FA state he's awake and stable.

Post #530662  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
BBC getting absolute pelters on the social media but I’m not sure what the broadcaster can do in those circumstances. It’s live so they have seconds to react.

Wrighty was absolutely peeved about BBC coverage. Wanted them to cut back to the studio immediately.

Post #530663  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 pm 

Zed wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
BBC getting absolute pelters on the social media but I’m not sure what the broadcaster can do in those circumstances. It’s live so they have seconds to react.

Wrighty was absolutely peeved about BBC coverage. Wanted them to cut back to the studio immediately.

He’s right but there’s little protocol for it. I’m not sure the circumstance is something frequently expected.

That will change now and a precedent will be introduced surely

Post #530664  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:43 pm 

Zed wrote:

That’s a relief.

Post #530665  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:48 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

That’s a relief.

He's awake here.

Attachments:

Post #530666  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Zed wrote:

He’s right but there’s little protocol for it. I’m not sure the circumstance is something frequently expected.

That will change now and a precedent will be introduced surely

It was quite a stressful situation and could've been better dealt with from BBC.

Post #530667  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm 

Fantastic news that he's awake and stable. Credit to the amazing medics whose swift actions undoubtedly saved his life. True heroes.

Imagine how stressful it was for his family. Terrible.

Post #530668  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:07 pm 

Danish FA state game going ahead tonight after conferring with Danish players.

Post #530669  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:11 pm 

Zed wrote:

Players back on pitch. I don’t believe this

Post #530670  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:17 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
david.d wrote:

Am I missing something ? Willock, Emile Smith Rowe and Saka all products of hale end we’re used frequently last season.

There’s highlighting a difference in opinion and then there’s just highlighting the nonsense that wanders round inside your brain mate :58big-emoticons:

Why the *%^@ do you ridicule everyone's opinion on here that doesn't agree with yours.
Whether I agree or not agree I would never stoop so low as to just ridicule or denigrate the forum members opinion .
Just grow the *%^@ up or *%^@ off.

Post #530671  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:19 pm 

Thank God Eriksen seems ok

Post #530672  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Zed wrote:

It's a positive as Eriksen is stable. Apparently game will pick up where it left off.
Belgium v Russia will go ahead anyway.

Post #530673  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:33 pm 

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Why the *%^@ do you ridicule everyone's opinion on here that doesn't agree with yours.
Whether I agree or not agree I would never stoop so low as to just ridicule or denigrate the forum members opinion .

A difference in opinion is brown or red with a bacon sandwich. (It’s brown btw)

Trashing our own manager for not picking young players blatantly not good enough is ridiculous and should frankly get called out.

Post #530674  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:42 pm 

Zed wrote:
Andy Green wrote:

It's a positive as Eriksen is stable. Apparently game will pick up where it left off.

Show must go on I guess

Post #530675  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:15 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Zed wrote:

Show must go on I guess

Andy if Eriksen wasn't stable, then, no, game should be postponed. Apparently players spoke to him and it was agreed on to play the match. But Denmark lost anyway.

Post #530676  Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:36 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
david.d wrote:

A difference in opinion is brown or red with a bacon sandwich. (It’s brown btw)

Trashing our own manager for not picking young players blatantly not good enough is ridiculous and should frankly get called out.

Red and brown actually.
Who says they are not good enough?
Maybe if he gave them a proper go we may find out. I'm sure the majority of our fanbase would have preferred to see Nelson have some faith put in him rather than those minutes going to the has been that is Willian.

Post #530677  Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 am 

Embolo looked very impressive.

Post #530678  Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 am 

socrates wrote:
Fantastic news that he's awake and stable. Credit to the amazing medics whose swift actions undoubtedly saved his life. True heroes.

Imagine how stressful it was for his family. Terrible.

Echo all of that. Also credit to Anthony Taylor the ref who immediately saw what had happened and apparently had the game stopped and waving medics on within 3 seconds of Eriksen falling. Could have easily had a delayed or different reaction. Plenty of people played a big or small part in saving Eriksen’s life yesterday and it would have been incredibly distressing for Taylor as well.
How nice would it be if Anthony Taylor was applauded on to pitches in the league next year for his actions in helping Eriksen.

Post #530679  Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:38 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

You forgot to add 'nah nah ne nah nah' and a threat to hold your breath until Bernard agrees with all your points, and to attach a photo of you with your tongue out and fingers in your ears.

Post #530680  Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:52 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You forgot to add 'nah nah ne nah nah' and a threat to hold your breath until Bernard agrees with all your points, and to attach a photo of you with your tongue out and fingers in your ears.

Hey I’m not asking him to agree to my point, he was the one disagreeing to my posts and harping on about it.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13264, 13265, 13266, 13267, 13268, 13269, 13270 ... 14269  Next