Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 94 guests

Post #530561  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Andre Onana, the goalkeeper from Ajax we're reportedly targeting, has had his ban reduced to nine months meaning he'll be available in the beginning of November and can start practicing with his team in the beginning of September. Was originally meant to be banned until February.

So do we buy a GK for an absolute knock down rate knowing that he can't play for the first 10 or so prem games of the season? If we have to play Runnarsson for those games I'd say no. But if we bought in someone like Mat Ryan as a No.2 then I'd say yes especially if we can get Onana for the reported £2m.

Or, you bring in Onana and keep Leno until january and look to sell him then? Bit of a risk if there are no takers then he'll be in the final 12 months of his contract this time next year.

£20m for Leno, £2m for Onana and a small fee for Ryan seems like a sensible move that may seem like a sideways move in terms of the GK position but frees up funds for squad rebuilding elsewhere

Post #530562  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Andre Onana, the goalkeeper from Ajax we're reportedly targeting, has had his ban reduced to nine months meaning he'll be available in the beginning of November and can start practicing with his team in the beginning of September. Was originally meant to be banned until February.

So do we buy a GK for an absolute knock down rate knowing that he can't play for the first 10 or so prem games of the season? If we have to play Runnarsson for those games I'd say no. But if we bought in someone like Mat Ryan as a No.2 then I'd say yes especially if we can get Onana for the reported £2m.

Or, you bring in Onana and keep Leno until january and look to sell him then? Bit of a risk if there are no takers then he'll be in the final 12 months of his contract this time next year.

£20m for Leno, £2m for Onana and a small fee for Ryan seems like a sensible move that may seem like a sideways move in terms of the GK position but frees up funds for squad rebuilding elsewhere

Hi Rich.

Makes sense although the timing is tricky.

Mind you I watched an Onana compilation video the other day and came away wondering what all the fuss was about.

Post #530563  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:45 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
At the end of the day there must be a reason nobody would take an 18 million punt on a player like this and only one club want him.

There have been reports about other clubs being interested in Xhaka, but another way to look at it is that Mourinho is another top manager who rates Xhaka highly. So that's Wenger, Emery, Arteta, Mourinho, and add to that Hitzfeld and Petkovic for the national team. Think there's a fair bit of football knowledge between those six.
That is the way to look at it. Can't stand Mourinho but he is a good judge of a footballer. His problem can be managing them, but you sense Xhaka is his type of man, and it will work between them.

Post #530564  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
There have been reports about other clubs being interested in Xhaka, but another way to look at it is that Mourinho is another top manager who rates Xhaka highly. So that's Wenger, Emery, Arteta, Mourinho, and add to that Hitzfeld and Petkovic for the national team. Think there's a fair bit of football knowledge between those six.
That is the way to look at it. Can't stand Mourinho but he is a good judge of a footballer. His problem can be managing them, but you sense Xhaka is his type of man, and it will work between them.

Your joking right ? :laughing7:

Same Mourinho who was slagging off Rashford to his own fans at old Trafford even when he was doing nothing wrong. Same Mourinho who has had man management problems with Dele Ali and bale at spurs.

First individual Xhaka mistake like a backpass he does at Burnley ? Bang ! ostracised, demonised by Mourinho and unceremoniously dumped out the side. Watch this space.

Post #530565  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

Same Mourinho who was slagging off Rashford to his own fans at old Trafford even when he was doing nothing wrong. Same Mourinho who has had man management problems with Dele Ali and bale at spurs.

First individual Xhaka mistake like a backpass he does at Burnley ? Bang ! ostracised, demonised by Mourinho and unceremoniously dumped out the side. Watch this space.

You should make a habit of reading thing through a couple of times rather than flying off the handle when you come to the first trigger word.

Post #530566  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm 

socrates wrote:

Hi Rich.

Makes sense although the timing is tricky.

Mind you I watched an Onana compilation video the other day and came away wondering what all the fuss was about.

I haven't really watched him but read reports from others that he's actually quite similar to Leno but better with the ball at his feet.
I saw another stat that he conceded 10 fewer goals than the expected goals of the shots he faced last year in just 24 games.

Post #530567  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You should make a habit of reading thing through a couple of times rather than flying off the handle when you come to the first trigger word.

Nope read the first part of his post entirely about man management explained by my second point. Sorry

Post #530568  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:02 pm 

Really looking forward to see the fixtures 2021/22 schedule for the PL when announced next Wednesday. Not that it's set in stone, but with no EU comps to factor in, wouldn't be much to consider.

Post #530569  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:50 pm 

Confirmation of depressed transfer market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57433323

Or maybe just maybe Jadon Sancho is a good footballer

Post #530570  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:54 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I'm sure most clubs in Europe will be relieved to learn they're not actually struggling financially because Man Utd made a big bid for a player.

Post #530571  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I'm sure most clubs in Europe will be relieved to learn they're not actually struggling financially because Man Utd made a big bid for a player.

Villa signing buendia too for 35 million.

Plain weird. Maybe north London has its own micro climate for business and commercial transactions where players who most people with functioning eyesight consider pretty useless or mediocre but are in fact excellent apparently are sold for little money.

Post #530572  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Dortmund’s price for him last year was well over £100m. Man U open the bidding with £67m and supposedly a deal can be done at £80m

Post #530573  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:17 pm 

Premier league will use thicker lines for var offsides which allow more benefit of the doubt to the attacking team. I think this system is used in the dutch league already.

Post #530574  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Dortmund’s price for him last year was well over £100m. Man U open the bidding with £67m and supposedly a deal can be done at £80m

Hang on he should be sold at 50 million then if Xhakas being sold for half his value because of the depressed market! The mathematics of the depressed market are all over the place. The n7 postcode has its own financial environment for these world beaters who finished mid table and are now being unjustly sold for peanuts

Post #530575  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 pm 

Depressed market confirmation

https://twitter.com/goonerexpress_/stat ... 11526?s=21

:15laughter: :15laughter:

Post #530576  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Lucky we have you posting to point out the truth. As soon as Mourinho hears of your enlightening post he will double his offer.

Just supposing the truth is that Xhaka has a limited skill set that will only suit a small number of clubs. But of course those clubs have lost significant revenue in the last 2 years. Should they pay a significant sum of money for this player. To

Then we turn to other players who Arteta has either talked of as not good enough for a club in 8 th place in the EPL or who by exclusion and dropping from the team as not being good enough. Should those cash strapped clubs pay big money for players that are not good enough. The English born players will always bring a premium but that does not mean we can convince them to pay over their limited budget. Look at Willock - his Newcastle trip improved his value: nothing Arteta had done before had increased its value- he had driven the value down.

Post #530577  Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

Hang on he should be sold at 50 million then if Xhakas being sold for half his value because of the depressed market! The mathematics of the depressed market are all over the place. The n7 postcode has its own financial environment for these world beaters who finished mid table and are now being unjustly sold for peanuts

That’s probably explained by the difference in their ages. Sancho had his 21st birthday in March; Xhaka has his 29th birthday in September. Think about that, Sancho is seven and a half years younger than Xhaka; or if you prefer Xhaka is seven and a half years older than Sancho. The point is that I would expect the impact of the depressed transfer market to be influenced by different factors, one of which is player’s ages. It therefore really isn’t that surprising if the depressed state of the transfer market hits the valuation of different players unevenly.

A club (Roma) buying Xhaka will know he’ll probably only be at his peak for another two or three years. That will negatively effect his transfer value when or if he leaves Roma after that, whatever the state of the transfer market then (still depressed or not).

A club (Manchester United) buying Sancho will expect him to be at his physical peak for around another ten or eleven years. Therefore, if they get him Manchester United presumably reckon they’ll have the opportunity to sell him in five or six years for a handsome profit. Especially if the market is no longer depressed then.

It’s therefore perhaps not very surprising if Xhaka’s value in the depressed transfer market has been hit to an even greater extent than it has with Sancho. I think it’s important not to look at the impact of the transfer market too simply. There are other factors that come into consideration, including the ages of different players.

Post #530578  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:41 am 

When I saw this on my feed, I thought it was going to be another 'Invincible' video. I find myself reminiscing more than actually optimistic about the immediate future. Fabregas' influence is so obvious, no wonder Wenger was doing all he can to keep him. The glue.

Post #530579  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:34 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

That’s probably explained by the difference in their ages. Sancho had his 21st birthday in March; Xhaka has his 29th birthday in September. Think about that, Sancho is seven and a half years younger than Xhaka; or if you prefer Xhaka is seven and a half years older than Sancho. The point is that I would expect the impact of the depressed transfer market to be influenced by different factors, one of which is player’s ages. It therefore really isn’t that surprising if the depressed state of the transfer market hits the valuation of different players unevenly.

A club (Roma) buying Xhaka will know he’ll probably only be at his peak for another two or three years. That will negatively effect his transfer value when or if he leaves Roma after that, whatever the state of the transfer market then (still depressed or not).

A club (Manchester United) buying Sancho will expect him to be at his physical peak for around another ten or eleven years. Therefore, if they get him Manchester United presumably reckon they’ll have the opportunity to sell him in five or six years for a handsome profit. Especially if the market is no longer depressed then.

It’s therefore perhaps not very surprising if Xhaka’s value in the depressed transfer market has been hit to an even greater extent than it has with Sancho. I think it’s important not to look at the impact of the transfer market too simply. There are other factors that come into consideration, including the ages of different players.

Do you think maybe just maybe stuff like this has had a greater adverse effect on his transfer value than anything you mentioned ?

Post #530580  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Do you think maybe just maybe stuff like this has had a greater adverse effect on his transfer value than anything you mentioned ?

Not with any serious observer. Unless I miscounted, the video showed twelve separate incidents, some from different angles so I only counted those once. Moreover, not all of them I consider a mistake anyway, for example him unsuccessfully tackling Pogba so failing to win the ball from him when Pogba was in full flight. Adams, Campbell or Keown may not have won the ball from Pogba on that run.

Xhaka has been at Arsenal five years. However good a player is, I’m sure small minded people would be able to find a dozen or more (many more probably) incidents where things didn’t work out well for him in a game. Even Vieira gave the ball to Giggs in the 1999 semi-final (I’m not saying Xhaka was anywhere close to Vieira who I consider Arsenal’s greatest midfielder). But not everything he did turned out well. So I’m sure similar videos could be made about Vieira, and Petit, and Brady, and Pires, and so on.

Myself, I think what is far more relevant is DHD saying, words to the effect of, that despite Xhaka’s faults, we often looked better when he was playing than when he didn’t. Also Decaf’s point that Xhaka is better than you give him credit for (I think it was Decaf, but apologies to him if it wasn’t).

Post #530581  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:25 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Not with any serious observer. Unless I miscounted, the video showed twelve separate incidents, some from different angles so I only counted those once. Moreover, not all of them I consider a mistake anyway, for example him unsuccessfully tackling Pogba so failing to win the ball from him when Pogba was in full flight. Adams, Campbell or Keown may not have won the ball from Pogba on that run.

Xhaka has been at Arsenal five years. However good a player is, I’m sure small minded people would be able to find a dozen or more (many more probably) incidents where things didn’t work out well for him in a game. Even Vieira gave the ball to Giggs in the 1999 semi-final (I’m not saying Xhaka was anywhere close to Vieira who I consider Arsenal’s greatest midfielder). But not everything he did turned out well. So I’m sure similar videos could be made about Vieira, and Petit, and Brady, and Pires, and so on.

Myself, I think what is far more relevant is DHD saying, words to the effect of, that despite Xhaka’s faults, we often looked better when he was playing than when he didn’t. Also Decaf’s point that Xhaka is better than you give him credit for (I think it was Decaf, but apologies to him if it wasn’t).

worst player I’ve seen at the club ... taking everything into account i.e. price tag, age, number of appearances, etc.

As well as being thick as mince, Xhaka has some really childish traits too. Petulance, rashness, sulking when criticised. Also his technique (or lack of it) is seriously under-developed for a so-called professional. He has this dreadful habit of looking down at the ball before he kicks it. That’s why his vision and creativity is so poor. Ponderous in possession, passes backwards 95% of the time. he doesn’t actually “tackle” with his feet, he pushes, pulls, tugs and is so easy to go past.

We have become so demoralised and beaten down by this club that we now view any game that Xhaka doesn't cost us a goal as having done quite well. The same supporters who watched Vieira, Fàbregas and Brady dominate the middle of the park. Jeez it’s depressing but now he’s off and his low transfer fee is confirmation of his lack of ability and personally I’m loving it.

Post #530582  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

worst player I’ve seen at the club ... taking everything into account i.e. price tag, age, number of appearances, etc.

As well as being thick as mince, Xhaka has some really childish traits too. Petulance, rashness, sulking when criticised. Also his technique (or lack of it) is seriously under-developed for a so-called professional. He has this dreadful habit of looking down at the ball before he kicks it. That’s why his vision and creativity is so poor. Ponderous in possession, passes backwards 95% of the time. he doesn’t actually “tackle” with his feet, he pushes, pulls, tugs and is so easy to go past.

We have become so demoralised and beaten down by this club that we now view any game that Xhaka doesn't cost us a goal as having done quite well. The same supporters who watched Vieira, Fàbregas and Brady dominate the middle of the park. Jeez it’s depressing but now he’s off and his low transfer fee is confirmation of his lack of ability and personally I’m loving it.

Your comments are just silly. To suggest Xhaka is the worst player you’ve seen at the club implies you’ve watched a small handful of games. Your opinions on some players appear based solely on whether you like or dislike them rather than accuracy, and Xhaka is the clearest example of that.

His passing and ball control is actually quite good and only one player in the Premier League passes the ball forward more in the final third. So my advice is to check your criticisms before writing things like he “passes backwards 95% of the time.” It’s just wholly incorrect and makes you look small minded.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuna.co ... aka-secon/

Post #530583  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Your comments are just silly. To suggest Xhaka is the worst player you’ve seen at the club implies you’ve watched a small handful of games. Your opinions on some players appear based solely on whether you like or dislike them rather than accuracy, and Xhaka is the clearest example of that.

His passing and ball control is actually quite good and only one player in the Premier League passes the ball forward more in the final third. So my advice is to check your criticisms before writing things like he “passes backwards 95% of the time.” It’s just wholly incorrect and makes you look small minded.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuna.co ... aka-secon/

If ever were there a way to prove the maxim 'lies, damn lies and statistics' it is Granit Xhaka. Statistics everywhere point to him being an effective, or even very good midfield player, however having watched him game after game, season after season I can honestly say statistics are absolute nonsense

At the end of the day what me and you think about it is irrelevant as the ultimate barometer of a players success is his transfer value and Xhaka and Guendouzis are low. Speaks volumes, not been a success and thinking otherwise is kidding yourself

Post #530584  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
If ever were there a way to prove the maxim 'lies, damn lies and statistics' it is Granit Xhaka. Statistics everywhere point to him being an effective, or even very good midfield player, however having watched him game after game, season after season I can honestly say statistics are absolute nonsense

At the end of the day what me and you think about it is irrelevant as the ultimate barometer of a players success is his transfer value and Xhaka and Guendouzis are low. Speaks volumes, not been a success and thinking otherwise is kidding yourself

Hi TG, I would have thought a better way of measuring a player's success is the trophies they win, or how far they push their club up the table if they are a club who aren't realistically going to win trophies.
There are far more factors in player's transfer value. Sanchez was sold for peanuts in comparison to the success he had with us.

We were clearly a worse team without Xhaka last year, but that isn't to defend him as a good player it does more to highlight where we are as a club. You could say the same for Luiz who when all things were considered I thought was the probably still the best CB we had at the club last year.

Post #530585  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Hi TG, I would have thought a better way of measuring a player's success is the trophies they win, or how far they push their club up the table if they are a club who aren't realistically going to win trophies.
There are far more factors in player's transfer value. Sanchez was sold for peanuts in comparison to the success he had with us.

We were clearly a worse team without Xhaka last year, but that isn't to defend him as a good player it does more to highlight where we are as a club. You could say the same for Luiz who when all things were considered I thought was the probably still the best CB we had at the club last year.

Anyway, I thought I’d covered the transfer fee stuff in post 530574.

Post #530586  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:56 am 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Then in that case we haven’t finished in the top 4 since xhakas Arrival and haven’t been able to control the middle of the park either. Obviously a coincidence

The Sanchez comparison isn’t relevant as he was at the end of his contract and we were in a rock and a hard place. Xhaka and Guendouzi are under contract and being sold for peanuts. Your kidding yourself if you think this isn’t because they are largely viewed as failures

Post #530587  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
I can honestly say statistics are absolute nonsense

Statistics are what they are, they show certain things clearly but there is no single statistic that gives the complete picture. For example, the notion that Xhaka only passes it backwards or sideways is just objectively wrong, which is clearly shown when looking at progressive passes - they literally measure every single pass made by players, and almost no other central midfielder in the league gets the ball forward more than Xhaka. That is an irrefutable fact, and saying it isn't is like saying Aubameyang doesn't know how to score. You only need to look at his scoring record to see that's nonsense.

That doesn't mean one has to rate Xhaka, because there are lots of other factors that come into play when judging a player. Statistics don't lie, but some of the narratives people build around them can.

Post #530588  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I can honestly say statistics are absolute nonsense

Statistics are what they are, they show certain things clearly but there is no single statistic that gives the complete picture. For example, the notion that Xhaka only passes it backwards or sideways is just objectively wrong, which is clearly shown when looking at progressive passes - they literally measure every single pass made by players, and almost no other central midfielder in the league gets the ball forward more than Xhaka. That is an irrefutable fact, and saying it isn't is like saying Aubameyang doesn't know how to score. You only need to look at his scoring record to see that's nonsense.

That doesn't mean one has to rate Xhaka, because there are lots of other factors that come into play when judging a player. Statistics don't lie, but some of the narratives people build around them can.

Agree partially ..

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,

If your stats are based off that metric any footballer could play in that position and look the dogs bollocks. Denilson had great passing and ball retention stats too remember

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback,

Post #530589  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 am 

Remains to be seen how good, or bad, Xhaka will be in Mourinho's team.

Post #530590  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:20 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:happy11: :happy11:

Post #530591  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
worst player I’ve seen at the club .......................

Stopped reading right there. Childish and silly in the extreme.

Post #530592  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:07 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
worst player I’ve seen at the club .......................

Stopped reading right there. Childish and silly in the extreme.

From a person who thinks equal rights campaigning is a silly waste of time that’s quite a compliment :58big-emoticons:

Post #530593  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 pm 

We're being linked with Alexander Isak, Swedish forward who plays for Real Sociedad. Haven't seen him much as I only watch the national team in the big tournaments, but he's an interesting player. 6ft4 but not really a target man. Decent pace, very good technique and ability to dribble past defenders. Scored 17 goals in La Liga this season which is a great return for a 21-year old. Can see him linking up well with Saka, Pépé and Smith-Rowe.

Post #530594  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:37 pm 

midfield target attacking stats
https://twitter.com/adamvoge/status/140 ... 59/photo/1
midfield target defensive stats
https://twitter.com/adamvoge/status/140 ... 57/photo/1

This is a nice twitter thread a guy has done with all the relevant stats of potential available central midfielders.

I like the stats because they can confirm what you see on the pitch, or rebuke any stereotypes or bias you may have. I find that often the stats show the the 'high profile' player doesn't actually perform as well as you think and often shows some relatively unknown players with very high performance
This guy did another great thread for potential right backs.

If you're not a stats fan ignore all of this!

Post #530595  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 pm 

Nice graph of the attacking passing stats of the under 23 midfielders in the big 5 leagues. Highlighting a few interesting names.
Soumare - gone to Leicester for £20m. Feel many clubs have massively missed a trick there

Locatelli plays for Sassuolo and is prime for a move this summer - lots of teams linked. We have supposedly wanted him for a number of years but is probably out of reach given our lack of europe

Attachments:

Post #530596  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:01 pm 

To follow up on the above post, if you are planning on watching the first game at the Euros - Italy v Turkey there are a few players to keep an eye on. Locatelli in midfield and Celik the Turkish right back we've been linked with.

Yusuf Yazici is well worth keeping an eye on in the attacking midfield role. and I'd like to watch Barella in central mid for Italy.

Should be one of the better games in the group stage. Turkey are my tip to surprise a few people!

Post #530597  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
worst player I’ve seen at the club

Wow. :14laughter: :14laughter: :14laughter:

Post #530598  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
worst player I’ve seen at the club

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback... oh look we’ve dropped to fifth !!,,

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback.... oh look we’ve dropped to 8th !!!!

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback... oh look he’s leaving but we can’t possibly sell him!!

Post #530599  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:48 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback... oh look we’ve dropped to fifth !!,,

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback.... oh look we’ve dropped to 8th !!!!

Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback... oh look he’s leaving but we can’t possibly sell him!!

But the stats show he’s the second biggest forward passer in the final third in the Premier League. As I said, your views on players appear to be largely driven by whether you like them or not, rather than what they do on the pitch.

Post #530600  Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:02 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But the stats show he’s the second biggest forward passer in the final third in the Premier League. As I said, your views on players appear to be largely driven by whether you like them or not, rather than what they do on the pitch.

Like I said 15 yards forward to the fullback. Sideways, backwards, cross field ball 15 yards forward to the fullback...

Never through the middle hence our weird u shape heat maps

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13262, 13263, 13264, 13265, 13266, 13267, 13268 ... 14269  Next