Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 130 guests

Post #527161  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:14 am 

I'm hoping and praying Martinelli doesn't end up like RvP and is often injured. Tape bubble wrap to him in training or something. It seems every game he starts there is an injury scare.

Post #527162  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 am 

Now wait and see if The Boss plays the same team the same way, it is an away game, without making too many changes. I'm betting rhein will be 4/5 changes not due to injuries. Hope I'm wrong.

Post #527163  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am 

Saka went off injured yesterday and Ødegaard wasn’t fit to play. If they’re not fit and with Martinelli being out, not to mention Tierney, we’re really going to need Willian in Prague. We have to score at least one, so whatever the issue really is with Aubameyang (genuine flu, poor attitude, bad form), him too I reckon. How long is Smith Rowe out for? Will he be fit Thursday?

The injuries are piling up for what I consider the most important game of the season.

Post #527164  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:25 am 

There was a good report of the game by James from gunnerblog. He talked about the balance of players in this game and how other players might blend with Aubameyang when he plays.

I think we will knock over Sparta because it is an away game. Our home form has been shocking but away we aren't too bad. The big unknown is what players are actually fit and whether they form a balanced team.

I am not sure what to make of the Aubameyang flu.

Post #527165  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 am 

One thing I forgot to mention was - a good decision by Arteta to play Xhaka at LB. We need Saka forward. Hope his injury is not too bad. Best youth player I have seen at the club. I think even better than Fabergas given the other players he has around him.

Post #527166  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:32 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention was - a good decision by Arteta to play Xhaka at LB. We need Saka forward. Hope his injury is not too bad. Best youth player I have seen at the club. I think even better than Fabergas given the other players he has around him.

It worked well. I was advocating (reluctantly) playing Saka at left-back simply for that left footed balance, I hadn't contemplated Xhaka back there - probably still have visions of him playing there and defending against Zaha.
With Smith-Rowe and Ødegaard out it was probably more important to get Saka's creative influence higher up the pitch. He was excellent in the No.10 role.
Strange to think earlier in the season we were crying out for a No.10 creative player, at times shoe-horning Willock or Lacazette in to that role, now we have 3 who can play it.

Post #527167  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:29 am 

I've read a fair bit online of people really praising Cavani for his movement in the box, a classic No.9. He really is good. It doesn't matter how old he is, he is constantly on the move. Fans often look at the goal being scored and wonders where on earth the defenders were and how the striker had so much space - sometimes you just need to look at the movement of the striker. Cavani is top class, watch his goal and disallowed goal vs Spurs for evidence. Any young No.9 should be looking at this.

Post #527168  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 am 

Just seen the Cavani disallowed goal from yesterday.

Can’t quite believe it that got disallowed. Surely one of the worst ever

Spurs and Mourinho have mastered the art of cheating in order to manipulate the VAR decision

Post #527169  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:14 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Spurs and Mourinho have mastered the art of cheating in order to manipulate the VAR decision

Well here is a moment in time. I agree with you on this point.

Post #527170  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:36 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

It was Son.

He’s always been a cheat, regardless of who his boss is.

Post #527171  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:54 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It was Son.

He’s always been a cheat, regardless of who his boss is.

We know united are pretty clued up on penalties and VAR decisions too from Mourinhos time there. Not as bad as spurs but bad

Post #527172  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:56 am 

Bizarre set of post match interviews by Ole and Jose. First Ole talks about Son feigning injury and conning the ref, then saying if his own 'son' had done this he would send him to bed without dinner. Jose then jumps on this and sounds deadly serious essentially saying Ole should be ashamed because as a parent you always have a responsibility to feed your children.

What on earth is going on!?

Post #527173  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:57 am 

Positions from yesterday's game.
Any guess for what formation you'd say that was?

Attachments:

Post #527174  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
There was a good report of the game by James from gunnerblog. He talked about the balance of players in this game and how other players might blend with Aubameyang when he plays.

I think we will knock over Sparta because it is an away game. Our home form has been shocking but away we aren't too bad. The big unknown is what players are actually fit and whether they form a balanced team.

Ødegaard and Smith Rowe weren’t fit to play yesterday. Will they be able to in Prague? Saka and Martinelli got injured yesterday. I wouldn’t have thought it likely they will and in Martinelli’s case, if he’s out for four weeks he definitely won’t. Who knows what’s happening with Aubameyang but if it genuinely was the flu, hopefully he’ll be over it by Thursday.

If none of Smith Rowe, Ødegaard, Saka and Martinelli are fit or able to play, what are the options? Aubameyang (if he’s over his flu), Lacazette and Pépé as the attacking players? Even though some moan about Aubameyang playing on the left, is there another realistic option apart from Nelson? Partey, Ceballos and Willian in midfield, assuming Xhaka will be needed at left back if Tierney is out for the season?

I’m expecting the away leg on Thursday to be really tough. We have to score or we’re out, even if we don’t concede a goal. If we do concede it gets even tougher. I wish I was as optimistic as you, as in my view Prague away represents the most important game so far this season.

Post #527175  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am 

% of minutes given to u21 players:
Arsenal 11.3%
Man City 7.8%
Liverpool 6.7%
Chelsea 5.9%
Man United 4.7%
Tottenham 0%

Post #527176  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am 

Rich wrote:
Bizarre set of post match interviews by Ole and Jose. First Ole talks about Son feigning injury and conning the ref, then saying if his own 'son' had done this he would send him to bed without dinner. Jose then jumps on this and sounds deadly serious essentially saying Ole should be ashamed because as a parent you always have a responsibility to feed your children.

I heard the interview with OGS on MOTD2 last night. To be fair, I didn’t think he came across too badly. Without saying ‘Son cheated by grossly exaggerating the contact’, he made it perfectly clear that’s what he did think.

Post #527177  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 am 

MOTD hasn’t been any good since Alan Hansen left. Feels a bit like blue peter these days

Post #527178  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 am 

That said OGS shouldn’t moan too much

https://youtu.be/To_MGJvRkcI

I thought this was ridiculous

Post #527179  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:27 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

I heard the interview with OGS on MOTD2 last night. To be fair, I didn’t think he came across too badly. Without saying ‘Son cheated by grossly exaggerating the contact’, he made it perfectly clear that’s what he did think.

It was a strange analogy but I think Ole did it slightly tongue in cheek - the more bizarre part was Jose's response.

It reminded me a bit of when Fergie claimed his team were better than Arsenal even though we'd just won the title, in response Wenger said "everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home" and I think Fergie took it as some kind of insult directed towards Mrs Ferguson.

Jose doesn't say anything to the media without considering the consequences, its just that they don't sit back and lap it up and kiss his feet over every word anymore. Also, the age old tactic of deflecting attention away from the a poor performance doesn't work because he's too far in now.

I for one am delighted to see the usual pattern of Mourinho's management play out.

Post #527180  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:32 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Ødegaard and Smith Rowe weren’t fit to play yesterday. Will they be able to in Prague? Saka and Martinelli got injured yesterday. I wouldn’t have thought it likely they will and in Martinelli’s case, if he’s out for four weeks he definitely won’t. Who knows what’s happening with Aubameyang but if it genuinely was the flu, hopefully he’ll be over it by Thursday.

If none of Smith Rowe, Ødegaard, Saka and Martinelli are fit or able to play, what are the options? Aubameyang (if he’s over his flu), Lacazette and Pépé as the attacking players? Even though some moan about Aubameyang playing on the left, is there another realistic option apart from Nelson? Partey, Ceballos and Willian in midfield, assuming Xhaka will be needed at left back if Tierney is out for the season?

I’m expecting the away leg on Thursday to be really tough. We have to score or we’re out, even if we don’t concede a goal. If we do concede it gets even tougher. I wish I was as optimistic as you, as in my view Prague away represents the most important game so far this season.

Martinelli put out on his social media he's ready to go for Thursday. Saka was shown walking freely back to the bus, doesn't mean he's not injured but lets see.
If the worst comes to the worst then we'd have to go Cédric at LB to allow a midfield of Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos and a front 3 of Pépé, Lacazette, Willian. Not a good time to have an injury crisis

Post #527181  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:34 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Martinelli - four weeks? I hope not.

The AFC official website has a quote from him saying that the’s happy, tired, and fit to play on Thursday.

Post #527182  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:39 am 

Rich wrote:
Martinelli put out on his social media he's ready to go for Thursday. Saka was shown walking freely back to the bus, doesn't mean he's not injured but lets see.
If the worst comes to the worst then we'd have to go Cédric at LB to allow a midfield of Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos and a front 3 of Pépé, Lacazette, Willian. Not a good time to have an injury crisis

That’s good news about Martinelli. Wonder where the stuff about him being out for four weeks came from?

Post #527183  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm 

long time gooner wrote:

The AFC official website has a quote from him saying that the’s happy, tired, and fit to play on Thursday.

I checked. I’d got the idea that Martinelli was out for four weeks from a post by grantyboy this morning.

Post #527184  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm 

Worth marvelling over Partey's assist to Lacazette for the 3rd goal agin. A drop of the shoulder taking him hilariously easily past the man pressing him, then an eye of the needle 50 yard through ball that couldn't have been placed more perfectly. It was De Bruyne-esque. I'm not expecting to see him do it every week like De Bruyne but it was very nice to see. A little bit of a throw back to the days where we seemed to go from our own half to having a shot on goal in 3 or so passes and 5-6 seconds!

Post #527185  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:24 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

It's good to have a meaningful game to look forward to at this stage of the season.
We are so inconsistent I don't think anyone can really be super confident. I wasn't at all confident we would dispatch Sheffield United last night. However, I do think we are more than capable of beating Prague should the team decide to turn up.

Post #527186  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 pm 

We saw the Ghanaian version of Partey.

Post #527187  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:12 pm 

It's my hope Arteta sees a more enhanced role for Partey. I have to assume he does similar things in training unless he's restricted.

Post #527188  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:04 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

I checked. I’d got the idea that Martinelli was out for four weeks from a post by grantyboy this morning.

I can quite understand that. Having read grantyboy’s post earlier I was worried enough to go and check his situation.

Post #527189  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:38 pm 

According to this, Martinelli only took a whack, but should be ok. Not certain about Aubameyang for Thursday. Both Tierney and Luiz are definitely out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccer.nbc ... pdate/amp/

Post #527190  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 pm 

AMN man of the match for West Brom v Saints WB won 3-0

Post #527191  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:07 pm 

What pisses me off is how Chelsea bought their way into being valued so much.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56725539

Post #527192  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:07 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Saka went off injured yesterday and Ødegaard wasn’t fit to play. If they’re not fit and with Martinelli being out, not to mention Tierney, we’re really going to need Willian in Prague. We have to score at least one, so whatever the issue really is with Aubameyang (genuine flu, poor attitude, bad form), him too I reckon. How long is Smith Rowe out for? Will he be fit Thursday?

The injuries are piling up for what I consider the most important game of the season.

Azeez is supposed to be shyt hot maybe he needs to be given a run out.

Post #527193  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:58 pm 

Post #527194  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm 

Watching Brighton vs Everton and it's been said before, but we really should be looking at Bissouma as an option for our midfield depending on how the market looks in the summer. Might be a cheaper option than many of the other ones we're looking at, but he looks a real player. Liverpool have done well with those type of signings from teams from the lower half of the table; Mané, Robertson and Wijnaldum have all done brilliantly for them, showing you can take the step up if you have the quality.

Post #527195  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:40 pm 

https://nextgenarsenal.blogspot.com/

Great updates on our youngsters. A bit out of date maybe but very interesting.

Post #527196  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Watching Brighton vs Everton and it's been said before, but we really should be looking at Bissouma as an option for our midfield depending on how the market looks in the summer. Might be a cheaper option than many of the other ones we're looking at, but he looks a real player. Liverpool have done well with those type of signings from teams from the lower half of the table; Mané, Robertson and Wijnaldum have all done brilliantly for them, showing you can take the step up if you have the quality.

Yes, i was impressed with him again. Good ball control, vision and energy.

Post #527197  Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:15 pm 

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

This was tongue in cheek because LTG was saying what a good game he had.

Post #527198  Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 am 

grantyboy wrote:
Bernard wrote:

This was tongue in cheek because LTG was saying what a good game he had.

There is sometimes a large divide between Humour in this area of the world and the rest of the world

Post #527199  Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 am 

Linked to Lingard? He's a good player but thought we had enough attacking players?
https://tbrfootball.com/arsenal-fans-react-on-twitter-to-jesse-lingard-reports/

Post #527200  Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:10 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

I hope Aubameyang plays on Thurs in the Centre Forward position. He will thrive and score goals in that position. Stop playing him in the wings.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13177, 13178, 13179, 13180, 13181, 13182, 13183 ... 14269  Next