Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 97 guests

Post #81  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:30 am 

Hedges wrote:
new site seems a lot more user friendly.. so no complaints!

oh only one.. why does kolo have to leave??

Agree, but it will take me ages to work out all the new stuff! : I am not a geek:

That was supposed to be a smiley. So as you can see the statement is a correct one

Post #82  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:33 am 

Arsenal Fishbar wrote:
Really like this... will have fun trying all the new stuff out! :P

Yes - I like toys ..

Post #83  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:35 am 

A few questions I already have:

1) How do you reply to posts? I cant seem to find a reply button. (Edit: Just seen quote button, seems to have replaced the old reply??)

2) How do you set up so that every time you come back to the forum you start from the post you were last at?

3) How can you access the main forum page once you are inside? Eg: I was uploading my new avatar and I couldn't work out my way back onto the page

Post #84  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:37 am 

:ugeek: I hope this works

Post #85  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:40 am 

Will this post be in yellow and blue, and in red and white

Proper Arsenal colours Bernard

Post #86  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:50 am 

Hedges wrote:
A few questions I already have:

1) How do you reply to posts? I cant seem to find a reply button. (Edit: Just seen quote button, seems to have replaced the old reply??)

2) How do you set up so that every time you come back to the forum you start from the post you were last at?

3) How can you access the main forum page once you are inside? Eg: I was uploading my new avatar and I couldn't work out my way back onto the page

1) I changed it so it says 'reply' like the current forum

2) I think I can create a link to that - leave it with me

3) Click the large logo at the top to go to the board index - you can create favourites also within the control panel..

Rog ..

Post #87  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:26 pm 

Congratulations Roger and the team, for this super human effort to create
the second site, in less than 3 years, one is better than the other!
I am very grateful and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for
your dedication and hard work!
The site looks and feels good!
I hope many will use the internal email facility, that is such a terrific idea
Roger!
May it continue to bring a lot of pleasure to all the forumites old and new
in the future.
Good luck and enjoy!
Judith

Post #88  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:33 pm 

When I click on refresh I am now being asked to retry (resend) the info before I get to the refreshed page. This was not happening yesterday. What have I done wrong?

Now it has stopped asking me to do the above????????

Post #89  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 pm 

Judith wrote:
Congratulations Roger and the team, for this super human effort to create
the second site, in less than 3 years, one is better than the other!
I am very grateful and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for
your dedication and hard work!
The site looks and feels good!
I hope many will use the internal email facility, that is such a terrific idea
Roger!
May it continue to bring a lot of pleasure to all the forumites old and new
in the future.
Good luck and enjoy!
Judith

Thanx

For those who have opted for a GleiberMail email account, when you go into the preferred mail program called "Horde", you can do many things:

- Change the backfround colours

- Set up news feeds of *many* news sites

- Have it check your other pop email accounts and load them all into this one email account - this is very cool - it's called fetch mail and you can then have *all* your mail accounts checked (including your news feeds for the latest news) all within one web page.

- You can import your address books from many different mail account types

- There is a calendar, Note taker, Task Scheduler, News feed, Spam filter, more.

- There is loads of email space for everyone also.

- This forum can also send email much like sending a posting - you can even send yourself a copy of your messages as well to another email account. Emails sent from with the forum software however can only be sent to other members who have chosen to receive emails from other members.

Note: It is never a good idea to have all your email and address books in one place and not have any backups in place. Therefore, never entrust any online mail system, (Hotmail, yahoo mail, Gleibermail, Gmail, etc) with all your important emails, data, addresses, attachments, etc. Hard drives crash, data can be accidentally deleted, domains can be removed, companies can make changes, etc, etc ..

This is merely a convenience for those that wish to check all your mail accounts using the one email link at the top of this page. So, it's cool, but it may not be bulletproof as with all mail systems.

Rog ..

Post #90  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 pm 

Wirral Gooner wrote:
When I click on refresh I am now being asked to retry (resend) the info before I get to the refreshed page. This was not happening yesterday. What have I done wrong?

Now it has stopped asking me to do the above????????

It will only ask you the 'post data' question if you click back - not if you go forward or click another item / link on the page.

It's ok to resend post data as it will merely redraw the previous page using the same details.

Refreshing the page within a 'posting form' may also ask you the post data question- this is normal - refreshing standard forum pages won't do that.

Post #91  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 pm 

Judith wrote:
Good luck and enjoy!
Judith
Judith, you need an 'avatar' :lol: - a little pic like some of us have on the left hand side next to our names ..

Click "User Control Panel" top right to add one..

Rog ..

Post #92  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:54 pm 

Was Cannon's invite 'lost' in cyberspace?

Post #93  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:21 pm 

Umm - yes - Horde in 'Gleibermail' is very cool. :P I have mine monitoring around 5 news feeds, plus it has all my email addresses in it now and gets all my emails from all my accounts. I have skinned it so it looks nice too. A one stop shop now with a single click to access everything .. And no adverts in it either. I like .. Fetch mail is very sexy ..

Post #94  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 pm 

Hey Wirral, you in here again ? 8-)

Post #95  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:08 pm 

Odysseus wrote:
Was Cannon's invite 'lost' in cyberspace?

No, everyone chipped in to prevent the invite being sent - didn't you get an invoice yet ?

Post #96  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 pm 

warrior wrote:
Hey Wirral, you in here again ? 8-)

Off work after another operation and have both versions tabbed open on my laptop. Just keeping an eye on what is going on in the new forum :)

Post #97  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:12 pm 

Interesting new screen that appears between composing and posting a message if another message has been posted while you were writing your post (if this makes sense)!

Post #98  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:22 pm 

Wirral Gooner wrote:
Interesting new screen that appears between composing and posting a message if another message has been posted while you were writing your post (if this makes sense)!

Yes - makes perfect sense ! That is by design - allows users to append / withdraw any comments before posting
so they can read the next posts before pressing "commit"

Oh - and you can edit your posts for 2 hours - and even edit your personal messages sent to others if they haven't read them yet - also v cool ..

Rog ..

Post #99  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:06 pm 

I increased the personal message limits - there are now 10 folders available and 500 messages for each - for a total of 5,000 messages that everyone can store.

This doesn't affect email settings.

Rog ..

Post #100  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:56 pm 

seems to be ok,damm I was member 27 on the old one,now I know how it feels to be relegated.

Post #101  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 am 

i can't even see what number member I am :oops:

Post #102  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:57 am 

how long until we are all fully migrated onto here? One browser open was enough hassle...

Post #103  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:52 pm 

goonerboy wrote:
how long until we are all fully migrated onto here? One browser open was enough hassle...

Hi

This ones just for testing and getting people used to it for now. I might make a few minor changes to it and confirm it's all ok before doing the 'move'.

Post #104  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm 

is the other place bollixed?

Post #105  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 pm 

Question is, do we tell Choklit? :D Can we keep it secret?

Post #106  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 pm 

Anyone else have probs with the old fourm?

Great game tonite, spuds where well up for it, that must be so fustrating for their numpty fans.

We will still do them at shite hart lane.

Post #107  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:24 pm 

Diarra would have had more impact than Gilberto in midfield. Hope he stays. To many misplaced balls from midfield.

Was more worried about the home record...

Post #108  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:36 pm 

Andy DB wrote:
Diarra would have had more impact than Gilberto in midfield. Hope he stays. To many misplaced balls from midfield.

Evening mate. Cant get on the other forum either-looks like its down (and has been for an hour). Tbh Diarra would have had more impact than Gilberto, Denillson and Diaby. That said I can live with the midfield because in Cesc and Flamini its strong-and any one of the three mentioned above playing alongside Cesc will still keep us competitive.

Its the defence that scares the absolute shite out of me tbh! I was hopeful Djourou would come back a better player-but tonight he was f**king woeful. Tbh Senderos was a little better but still looks scared shit-less whenever the ball comes anywhere near him. All I can say is that over the next few weeks William Gallas becomes our most important player-because lets make no mistake here-if we have to go into any game with a Senderos/Djourou pairing we're-how can I put this-absolutely f**ked!!!!

Post #109  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:41 pm 

By the way did I miss Berbatovs hatrick and four assists tonight? I ask that as listening to Ray Wilkins I can only asume he did something truly memorable to warrent the praise he was getting.

Must admit he is a good player but you get the feeling he's playing for a transfer and Paul Merson said as much.

Post #110  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 pm 

Andy DB wrote:

By the way Andy congratulations on what must be the very first proper post on this new forum!

Post #111  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 pm 

Gaz ( B/Wood ) wrote:
Andy DB wrote:

Evening mate. Cant get on the other forum either-looks like its down (and has been for an hour). Tbh Diarra would have had more impact than Gilberto, Denillson and Diaby. That said I can live with the midfield because in Cesc and Flamini its strong-and any one of the three mentioned above playing alongside Cesc will still keep us competitive.

Its the defence that scares the absolute shite out of me tbh! I was hopeful Djourou would come back a better player-but tonight he was f**king woeful. Tbh Senderos was a little better but still looks scared s***-less whenever the ball comes anywhere near him. All I can say is that over the next few weeks William Gallas becomes our most important player-because lets make no mistake here-if we have to go into any game with a Senderos/Djourou pairing we're-how can I put this-absolutely f**ked!!!!

Interesting quirk with the new swear filter!!!

I thought the midfield let us down tonight. Make no mistake Tottenham were well up for it and probably deserved to win. Diaby is very talented but has a naivety at times that leads him to hold onto the ball a bit too long. Gilberto looks well off the pace. We got lucky with our goal but they all count and I'm delighted they didn't beat us at home.

Gaz, Berbatov was the best player on the pitch, he was superb tonight.

Post #112  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 pm 

Quote:
Interesting quirk with the new swear filter!!!

I thought the midfield let us down tonight. Make no mistake Tottenham were well up for it and probably deserved to win. Diaby is very talented but has a naivety at times that leads him to hold onto the ball a bit too long. Gilberto looks well off the pace. We got lucky with our goal but they all count and I'm delighted they didn't beat us at home.

Gaz, Berbatov was the best player on the pitch, he was superb tonight.

Thought Diaby was our best player tonight, the two boys from Brazil were truly shocking, Berbatov was majestic 1st half, but the commentators 2nd half might as were pure putrid with their praise of Berbatov, one outstanding comment, "great flick by Berbatov|" it went out for a throw. Bit of balance.

Post #113  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:53 pm 

Gaz, Berbatov was the best player on the pitch, he was superb tonight.[/quote]Evening mate. Wont argue with that-but Wilkins was going well OTT about him. Agree about the midfield though (and in particular Gilberto who was dire)-but whenever I now see Diaby on the left I'm kind of worried. I feel sorry for the boy as he simply ain't a left sided player but I just don't see him ever playing regularly in the middle. Don't you think this left side is weak? I mean having to play Diaby there on a consistent basis proves it and I'm surprised Arsene doesn't try to strengthen it. What did you make of Theo tonight? Apart from the goal a really frustrating performance again.

Post #114  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:54 pm 

Quote:
Berbatov was majestic 1st half, but the commentators 2nd half might as were pure putrid with their praise of Berbatov, one outstanding comment, "great flick by Berbatov|" it went out for a throw. Bit of balance.
Absolutely.

Post #115  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:56 pm 

Warrior-I notice I've just replied to two posts and trimmed them down but both my reply and the quote I replied to came out in white. How do I change it so the reply comes out in yellow?

Post #116  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:03 pm 

well at least we didn't lose and don't worry I forgot to 'unleash hell' must remember to do so in the second leg :lol:

Post #117  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 pm 

Happy Birthday N5er! :lol:

Post #118  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:09 pm 

cheers mate... told you we never lost :D

beat Everton 2-1 on my 21st, Liverpool last year, Millwall in cup early eighties, Leeds 2-1 in 1998 season, my missus first match vs Newcastle mid 90's etc

Post #119  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 pm 

not losing vs them carnts on my watch! ;)

Post #120  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:14 pm 

Sorry mate must have missed it on the main forum-is it your B/day today?

If so Happy Birthday. If its tomorrow happy birthday for tomorow!

One request though. Any chance of pretending its your birthday every time we're playing?

:-)

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14269  Next