Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Post #1  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:01 pm 

Got a comment or suggestion ?

Post #2  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:47 pm 

Some notes ...

- This server is faster and *should* have a much better up time. It is based in the Usa.

- There is virtually unlimited space and bandwidth available.

- I will add a new, larger font size after I have finalised (finalized ? ;-) the current 'skin' ...

- Some mods or 'hacks' will be added- A calendar function, chat room, etc at a later stage.

- You can now directly upload pictures to this new forum without using the remote url thingy that everyone hated so much.
- Pics can be uploaded straight from your computer now.

- Email accounts (like warrior @ stevegleiber.com ) are free and are full pop3 accounts that can be used with any mail program.
- They don't get 'spam', are never given to anyone, are a really cool address, and are ideal for emailing between other forumites.

- I will try and remove the few extra lines in this forum so it more closely resembles the old forum.

- Users who don't like avatars can turn them off in their account control panel (top right)

- A cool trick is to enable automatic popups when you receive a personal message. (Control panel)

- You can edit messages now that have been posted and even personal messages sent to other users as long as they haven't read them yet.

- If you post a picture, you can set it so it displays at the bottom (default) or click 'inline' to have it display within the message. By clicking on the forum area where it is located, or it's name, it takes you straight to it.

- Flash files are supported now also.

- This forum can now send emails directly to other users without having a mail program

- You can create friends and enemies ( - Pffft - as if !) lists in your control panel now.

- You can subscribe to different forums now (Eg: you can be emailed when someone posts a rumour on the rumour mill) so you won't miss out on the latest goss ...

- Users can create bookmarks of favourite forum areas - in the Control panel (top right)

- You can create, edit and save drafts for later posting from the control panel.

- You can manage all your pictures and attachments that you have uploaded via control panel, editing them or removing them
- Click "Manage attachments"

- You can add lots of stuff to your profile (which adds things below your posts that you make)
- if anyone knows what the devil a jabber thingy is, then your doing better than me.

- Private messages, as well as posts, can have pictures, attachments (up to 2 megabytes) plus smilies
added to them. these can be disabled at the bottom for that post / message or for all items (control panel)

- You can store hundreds of messages in 8 different folders now.

- Email accounts have 250 meg of space (That's lots ! )

- There are many options for personal message now (Automatically moving to designated folders, bouncing messages when the inbox is full , etc)

- If you don't wish to view someones postings, add them to your "Foes list" - control panel.

- Important announcements will 'popup' in a window (Best I can tell anyway) when one is sent.
- EG: Next game, injuries, etc ...

- Steves other web pages are back up now - Hyperlinked Designs, Hollywood Cracked, more ..
- If anyone has any pictures, stories, etc to share, if they were to send them to me, I will add them to a memorial page I am creating.

- I am aware of a temporary php error some users may get when posting in certain areas - PhpBB are aware of this error and are creating a fix - it has no effect on your posting / message though.

- It is not possible to import the old thread from the previous forum - it is too large, a different format and I think contains errors. The same is for the passwords and messages. I can update peoples post counts when the other forum is stopped for those who wish though.

- You can add Colour to your posts / messages now ...

More notes coming soon ...

Post #3  Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:45 pm 

1. make it so we don't have to tick the 'log me on automatically etc....' box when we log in. at the moment, if we don't, me and some others i guess...have to log in again when we post

2. Fix the attachments 'viewed how many times' thing. I just now posted.

- 1 attachment was viewed 3 times, another was viewed 63 times. Unlikely, no?

only if you have time tho, it's not life and death or man u not losing today or anything.... :icon_biggrin:

jamelikat

Post #4  Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:05 pm 

jamelikat wrote:
1. make it so we don't have to tick the 'log me on automatically etc....' box when we log in. at the moment, if we don't, me and some others i guess...have to log in again when we post

2. Fix the attachments 'viewed how many times' thing. I just now posted.

- 1 attachment was viewed 3 times, another was viewed 63 times. Unlikely, no?

only if you have time tho, it's not life and death or man u not losing today or anything.... :icon_biggrin:

jamelikat

Hi ..

I'm not sure if the cookie will take any more adjustments to make it play nice.

It usually makes everyone have to relog back in again when a change is made ..

I dunno what happened with that attachment - not seen that before ..
Not even sure why it keeps a tally anyway - odd

I will try and do an attachment recount maybe

Rog ..

Post #5  Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:29 pm 

warrior wrote:
Hi ..

I'm not sure if the cookie will take any more adjustments to make it play nice.

It usually makes everyone have to relog back in again when a change is made ..

I dunno what happened with that attachment - not seen that before ..
Not even sure why it keeps a tally anyway - odd

I will try and do an attachment recount maybe

Rog ..

Well, i know you do what you can, so we'll see. Results...today though, woo, you'd have to do a lot of sharp forum tweaking to make me much happier, I think I've maxxed out.

:fucyc:

Post #6  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:29 pm 

Wenger admits Arsenal nerves Wednesday 20 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsene Wenger admits Arsenal were “nervous” at facing the reigning European and World club champions.

“I feel we played the game we wanted to play and created many chances,” he said of the 0-0 draw.

“We didn’t concede a goal, that’s quite positive for the second leg, but unfortunately did not make the most of our chances to score.

“We were a bit nervous maybe in the final ball, but overall we created many chances and played well.”

Milan tend to give their best on the continental stage and held out well at the Emirates Stadium.

“I feel you could see tonight that, being under pressure, they have a lot of experience and can adapt to the problem they face. They realised quickly they had to defend well and did that with a lot of discipline,” he told Sky Italia television.

“We were a little bit nervous in our final third and a little bit had to do with facing a side like Milan.

“We have to recover now to play on Saturday and of course hope to come to Milan in a good position in the Premiership table.”

Post #7  Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm 

Milan are canny. We're getting a footballing lesson at times.

Post #8  Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 am 

Greetings Warrior .... what about making it like the old forum ... only your contribution and the bloke you are answering comes up ..... instead of having who he addressed and who he addressed etc .... regards Kiwi

Post #9  Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Greetings Warrior .... what about making it like the old forum ... only your contribution and the bloke you are answering comes up ..... instead of having who he addressed and who he addressed etc .... regards Kiwi

Hiya - That'll be the quoting mod (modification) that is needed ... It's a bit better than it was but could use that agreed ..
We are on the lookout for more mods for this forum here: http://www.phpbb.com

The old forum was modded to do that - they normally don't come that way unless they are changed.

Rog ..

Post #10  Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 am 

Morning Warrior,

Ever considered two separate parts to the supporters forum, one for "Arsenal and all other football related topics" and one for "non-football-related" topics.

Just a thought.

Post #11  Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 am 

socrates wrote:
Morning Warrior,

Ever considered two separate parts to the supporters forum, one for "Arsenal and all other football related topics" and one for "non-football-related" topics.

Just a thought.

Fantastic Socrates - That is such an excellent idea - Absolutely brilliant !

I am shocked that I never even thought of that one myself !

LTG, Niall, what do you think of adding a few threads ? ;-)

Post #12  Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:11 pm 

warrior wrote:
socrates wrote:
Morning Warrior,

Just a thought.

Fantastic Socrates - That is such an excellent idea - Absolutely brilliant !

I am shocked that I never even thought of that one myself !

LTG, Niall, what do you think of adding a few threads ? ;-)

Hello Warrior. I think this is not a good idea. The joy of the Steve Gleiber Forum is exactly this blend of Arsenal and other stuff.

If we make more threads then there are hundreds of forums out there with that format, and the uniqueness of the Forum will be lost.

In fact every other forum out there has different threads, and this would spoil the forum forever, in my humble opinion...

I go to loads of other forums with seperate threads, and it just doesn't do it for me AT ALL. The joy of this Forum is it's like a pub atmosphere, with people coming in, saying their bit, and then going out...not a pub with a hundred different rooms, for this topic and that topic.

The only thing I would be in favour of is maybe making 2 threads, a bit like doughnuts, one with chocolate and one without.

Post #13  Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 pm 

Babu wrote:
The only thing I would be in favour of is maybe making 2 threads, a bit like doughnuts, one with chocolate and one without.

That would be the idea - a few threads for other things - like wallpaper downloads, (or whatever) - I wouldn't touch the general chat and users couldn't make any new threads - just a few unique ones (Like the rumour mill sort of thing)

Post #14  Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:39 pm 

warrior wrote:
Babu wrote:

That would be the idea - a few threads for other things - like wallpaper downloads, (or whatever) - I wouldn't touch the general chat and users couldn't make any new threads - just a few unique ones (Like the rumour mill sort of thing)

OK, just don't make it with other threads on different subjects to discuss. That would be horrible!
The idea that the forum would end up like this...
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/

or this...
http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/

...just taking two examples, would be horrific!

I assume you just ignored the 'one with chocolate, one without' hint then! :icon_wink:

The Admin message seems to be working well though. So well in fact that the poster alluded to has had to tone down his posts, making it a lot more pleasant for everyone, and making everyone a lot more comfortable about coming to this great place.

[ 14 posts ]