Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, warrior and 101 guests

Post #536561  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Blaming Ramsdale for that goal is absolutely searching. Like Blaming seaman for the goal giggs scored againest him in that semi.

Totally let down by his defence. Let the guy take a free hit ffs

Obviously the blame for our goals is on Partey and White.

Its not blaming him to say that it was savable but would have take a great save. What is your point actually? Are you claiming it was unsavable? I'd bet that Ramsdale wouldn't.

Post #536562  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
We miss Xhaka. I know people won't like to hear it but Partey on his own can't hold the midfield. Lokonga even less so. For games like these Aubamayang and Lacazette upfront.

Yes even more sideways passing was precisely what we needed last night.

Getting overrun in midfield is not my idea of fun. Each to his own, I suppose.

Post #536563  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:52 pm 

I have only seen highlights but it looked like two midfield errors caused the goals more than defensive ones? Ironic that our opponents are managed by a man who rarely lost a midfield duel. Also I can't accept lucky Arsenal for scoring in added time - a goal in the first five minutes and who calls that lucky? Palace are no pushovers, so great effort for the guys to keep at it right to the whistle in yet another London derby. As Tony used to say, that point gained might just be the one that matters in the end.

Post #536564  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Blaming Ramsdale for that goal is absolutely searching. Like Blaming seaman for the goal giggs scored againest him in that semi.

Its not blaming him to say that it was savable but would have take a great save. What is your point actually? Are you claiming it was unsavable? I'd bet that Ramsdale wouldn't.

I think Ramsdale is anticipating the shot across him in to the far corner, which is the percentage shot for a striker in that position. Ramsdale shifts his body weight on to his right side and then had to try to arch back to his left. If we’re laying blame for that goal Ramsdale is 3rd behind Lokonga and White

Post #536565  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm 

Friday’s line up will be interesting. The back 5 and Partey will almost certainly play. Lacazette’s cameo should earn him a start in normal circumstances but it would be harsh to drop Aubameyang. So do we go back to Aubameyang wide left?
I think we must bring Lokonga or even AMN in to a central midfield 2, we’ve not got the balance right with Emile Smith Rowe and Ødegaard playing as the advanced 8’s. City did this with De Bruyne and Silva but both are more comfortable playing centrally whereas Emile Smith Rowe and Ødegaard aren’t really central midfielders they are much more attacking.

Post #536566  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Its not blaming him to say that it was savable but would have take a great save. What is your point actually? .

... you can’t blame the keeper for the goal. Free hit inside the penalty area.

... said a few weeks back. A matter of games till our fans started questioning him.

Post #536567  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:09 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
I have only seen highlights but it looked like two midfield errors caused the goals more than defensive ones? Ironic that our opponents are managed by a man who rarely lost a midfield duel. Also I can't accept lucky Arsenal for scoring in added time - a goal in the first five minutes and who calls that lucky? Palace are no pushovers, so great effort for the guys to keep at it right to the whistle in yet another London derby. As Tony used to say, that point gained might just be the one that matters in the end.

Look at their second goal, I can't help thinking that if Xhaka had been playing, our the entire left side wouldn't have been vacant like that. White's efforts weren't great, but he was pretty isolated.

Post #536568  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:01 pm 

Saw someone post this online. Partey trying to hold the midfield on his own with quite frankly an impossible job to progress the ball forward.

Attachments:

Post #536569  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 pm 

Rich wrote:
Saw someone post this online. Partey trying to hold the midfield on his own with quite frankly an impossible job to progress the ball forward.

We don't play through midfield. It is all out wide until we get to the opposition box when the horseshoe kicks in. Last season it was either Saka or Tierney carrying the attacking threat. Aubameyang is one the best players around at getting onto a throughball, but it just doesn't happen anymore.

That photo is an extreme example and the frustrating thing is that when a team starts to get on top in midfield, Arteta pulls the forwards back. Aubameyang put in a shift last night but spent much of the game taking up a defensive position midway inside our half.

Post #536570  Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:

I don’t think we played very well for great slabs of the game. There was little sustainable possession that put pressure on Palace. I watched about 45 minutes of the game in total over 2 periods and then listened to Arsenal radio , while walking the dog in the middle. Even they expressed concern at how much space Benteke was given and repeated time and again that we did not play well when not in possession. It was a pretty poor performance and Palace looked like they had a game plan. They were not overwhelmed by an early goal and really closed us down time and again. This game was very concerning as to how other teams are already working us out and Arteta cannot respond tactically. I said I would give him to the half way part of the season; what is concerning is how quickly Viera has got a Palace team playing well even with players of lesser ability and how Arteta has failed to get an effective style in 2 years.

Post #536571  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:49 am 

Hey Bernard - Did you get a PM from Juph ?

He was trying to contact you I believe.

Post #536572  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I don’t think we played very well for great slabs of the game. There was little sustainable possession that put pressure on Palace. I watched about 45 minutes of the game in total over 2 periods and then listened to Arsenal radio , while walking the dog in the middle. Even they expressed concern at how much space Benteke was given and repeated time and again that we did not play well when not in possession. It was a pretty poor performance and Palace looked like they had a game plan. They were not overwhelmed by an early goal and really closed us down time and again. This game was very concerning as to how other teams are already working us out and Arteta cannot respond tactically. I said I would give him to the half way part of the season; what is concerning is how quickly Viera has got a Palace team playing well even with players of lesser ability and how Arteta has failed to get an effective style in 2 years.
True we are way off being a top team right now, but unless we start plummeting towards relegation, I can't see much point in ditching the manager in December or January. It is too disruptive - end of season is the time to review. Who might come in is another question.

I think we missed a trick when Arsene left by not appointing a guy with big experience - Rafa would have been my choice. Emery felt like a gamble and Arteta likewise. I'd like to see a big character in charge - Mancini would do for me, if only for his dress sense.

Mind you over the years our club has often turned to relatively inexperienced or unlikely managers, sometimes with great success - Allison, Whittaker, Mee, George and Arsene - or not - Crayston, Swindin, Wright and Neill.

Post #536573  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 am 

warrior wrote:
Hey Bernard - Did you get a PM from Juph ?

He was trying to contact you I believe.

Hi Rog. No there’s nothing (there’s a 0) against the new messages thing you click to read personal messages. I just clicked it anyway and there’s nothing from him, so the 0 presumably shouldn’t be a 1.

Post #536574  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
True we are way off being a top team right now, but unless we start plummeting towards relegation, I can't see much point in ditching the manager in December or January. It is too disruptive - end of season is the time to review. Who might come in is another question.

I think we missed a trick when Arsene left by not appointing a guy with big experience - Rafa would have been my choice. Emery felt like a gamble and Arteta likewise. I'd like to see a big character in charge - Mancini would do for me, if only for his dress sense.

Mind you over the years our club has often turned to relatively inexperienced or unlikely managers, sometimes with great success - Allison, Whittaker, Mee, George and Arsene - or not - Crayston, Swindin, Wright and Neill.

I agree we should have appointed an experienced manager. The problem is the longer we are out of Europa/CL we will become a long term mid table team, if not already there. Maybe eventually Arteta will get the team playing to potential, but I just feel he is flawed.

Post #536575  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 am 

Rich wrote:

The midfield just didn’t work. I thought Partey did well despite the mistake.

Smith Rowe and Ødegaard just don’t seem the right type of players for the system where one midfielder sits and they need to be responsible for tracking back. They don’t seem naturally inclined to get in the middle of the park and compete.

Ødegaard actually seemed to be hiding on the right flank. Honestly he hasn’t impressed since he’s been back and the free kick at Burnley aside he hasn’t really looked capable of providing the creativity we need.

Post #536576  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:06 am 

Saw that rumour that we have offered to swap Lacazette for Bale in January. Probably nonsense but as mad as the suggestion is I could see the logic in doing something like that to temporarily bring experience into the side as we have little composure and know how in attacking areas.

Also there’s nothing on the bench so Saka is going to have to play an awful lot of football.

Post #536577  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:30 am 

That line up v Palace was designed to attack and apart from the first 10 minutes they just sat off and defended. It wasn’t a team to sit and defend.
It is so frustrating to see us get the early goal and then go in to our shell.
We always look so much better when we go on the front foot, I can appreciate plenty of teams have a counter attacking threat but we have 4 defenders with genuine pace now so there is no reason why we can’t play with a higher line and compress the pitch.
It isn’t the approach for every team as Liverpool and City would take it apart but it is a worrying trend how passive we are and how we fail to identify any kind of weakness in the opposition to base our attack around.

Post #536578  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:15 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Smith Rowe and Ødegaard just don’t seem the right type of players for the system where one midfielder sits and they need to be responsible for tracking back. They don’t seem naturally inclined to get in the middle of the park and compete.

Ødegaard actually seemed to be hiding on the right flank. Honestly he hasn’t impressed since he’s been back and the free kick at Burnley aside he hasn’t really looked capable of providing the creativity we need.

I didn’t think Ødegaard was hiding at all actually. He was always looking for the ball. He just wasn’t getting it enough so the game passed him by. Perhaps it’s more to do with Arteta not knowing how he wants the team to play? If that’s the case, is it any wonder he doesn’t structure it appropriately?

We started Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe against Palace. To suggest a team with those three players lacks creativity is in my view barmy. They all started against Tottenham as well. We didn’t lack creativity that day.

Against Brighton we had all of Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe start with Partey alongside Lokonga, as Xhaka was injured. That didn’t work too well either, to the extent that Arteta dropped Lokonga against Palace, which without Xhaka also didn’t work.

The obvious difference is that against Tottenham we had Partey AND Xhaka in deep midfield whereas against Palace we only had Partey on his own. Perhaps playing Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe together may need two deeper midfielders behind them?

It’s also worth looking at the teams against Brentford, Chelsea and Manchester City. Those days we had Xhaka WITHOUT Partey, which also didn’t work. Neither Xhaka or Partey played against Norwich. That was probably the second best performance of the league campaign when we had Lokonga and Maitland-Niles, still two deeper midfielders. The only other game was at Burnley, another thoroughly underwhelming performance turned in to a fine three points by Ødegaard’s brilliant free kick. Only Partey played as the deep midfielder that day.

The above all makes me think we ideally should have two deeper midfielders out of Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, Maitland-Niles and I suppose Elneny. Of those options, at this point in time I would say the evidence strongly indicates the best pairing is comfortably Xhaka AND Partey together. That should enable Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe to provide the creativity that you want to see.

EDIT: The only game Xhaka and Partey have started together this season was Tottenham, our single excellent performance. Sadly with Xhaka’s injury it’ll probably be another couple of months or so before they can again. Then after that, I guess Partey will be off to the ANC.

Post #536579  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 am 

A draw isn't going to be good enough vs Villa obviously. I'm curious to know exactly how much support the club has in Arteta. It's all speculation.

Post #536580  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:22 am 

Rich wrote:
It isn’t the approach for every team as Liverpool and City would take it apart but it is a worrying trend how passive we are and how we fail to identify any kind of weakness in the opposition to base our attack around.

This is exactly it, it's very rare for us to dictate the game these days. There are very few teams in the league where we shouldn't be able to do that - even against Man Utd one should expect us to be able to control their very weak midfield.

Unfortunately, to me it all points to issues larger than what players we have available on any given day, or even what players Arteta picks for the starting eleven. He's just not making us play like a proper team, and with so many talented players underperforming at the same time I don't think it can be seen as a personnel issue.

Post #536581  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:53 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I didn’t think Ødegaard was hiding at all actually. He was always looking for the ball. He just wasn’t getting it enough so the game passed him by. Perhaps it’s more to do with Arteta not knowing how he wants the team to play? If that’s the case, is it any wonder he doesn’t structure it appropriately?

We started Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe against Palace. To suggest a team with those three players lacks creativity is in my view barmy. They all started against Tottenham as well. We didn’t lack creativity that day.

We have a problem creating chances Bernard its blatant for all to see and I think Darren is right it will be the managers undoing.

We won at spurs because it was a must win and we kind of out efforted them as far as I saw.

You can have a debate about the formation and you may be right as the occasions when we used the one on Monday have worked once and failed once. Certainly in most games I’d suggest 2 might be a better option and dropping one of Emile Smith Rowe or Ødegaard

Btw Ødegaard was hiding, should have been yanked at half time and if we had better options off the bench would have been. Btw i still think this is the real problem. We looked a team of kids with Aubameyang and Partey. It’s like a half and half carling cup team wenger used to field. You’re gonna win some and lose some this season it’s going to be annoying

Post #536582  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 pm 

Take my word for it Ødegaard wasn’t hiding. He was taking up positions to receive the ball. He just wasn’t getting it and the game thus passed him by. But the effort from him was definitely there. Perhaps it came across better in the ground?

I think at the moment the front six should be Partey and Xhaka as the deeper players. Saka and Smith Rowe as the wider players with Ødegaard more central. Assuming there’s routinely one striker, that currently has to be Aubameyang although Lacazette had a good substitute appearance on Monday.

I think everyone knows Lacazette is off on a free next summer, when I think we’ll also be looking to sell Aubameyang. So a new forward will presumably be a priority then.

Post #536583  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 pm 

Bernard wrote:
The above all makes me think we ideally should have two deeper midfielders out of Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, Maitland-Niles and I suppose Elneny. Of those options, at this point in time I would say the evidence strongly indicates the best pairing is comfortably Xhaka AND Partey together. That should enable Saka, Ødegaard and Smith Rowe to provide the creativity that you want to see.

Absolutely agree with this. It’s so fundamental to control the midfield in any game in the league and Partey/Xhaka are two vastly experienced players who on paper and as a pair are easily top 6 quality.

Leads me to think the priority in January needs to be a deep lying defensive midfielder who has an exceptional passing range. I can see why we were linked to Neves.

Post #536584  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Take my word for it Ødegaard wasn’t hiding. He was taking up positions to receive the ball. He just wasn’t getting it and the game thus passed him by. But the effort from him was definitely there. Perhaps it came across better in the ground?

I had to offload my season ticket for this one as the Mrs wouldn’t let me attend 2 weeknight games in one week but watched it live. I do agree when your in the ground you pick up on stuff you don’t notice on the TV and this probably contributes to me often shaking my head at the stuff written on here after some games I’ve attended.

Anyway listening to Tuesday club who went to the match and just described Ødegaard as being AWOL all game. Good to know it’s not just me then. As you were.

Post #536585  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Anyway listening to Tuesday club who went to the match and just described Ødegaard as being AWOL all game. Good to know it’s not just me then. As you were.

What the hell is the Tuesday club? Sounds like a bunch of morons who use over the top and exaggerated English to describe things. AWOL? Absent without leave is the type of Twitter over-reaction I prefer to ignore. I much prefer relying on my own judgment.

The game passed Ødegaard by. I’m not denying that. What I think is grossly unfair is saying he was hiding, and I’m certainly not the only person who believes he was trying to put himself in positions to receive the ball.

Post #536586  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:42 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Absolutely agree with this. It’s so fundamental to control the midfield in any game in the league and Partey/Xhaka are two vastly experienced players who on paper and as a pair are easily top 6 quality.

Leads me to think the priority in January needs to be a deep lying defensive midfielder who has an exceptional passing range. I can see why we were linked to Neves.

In most people's minds, the priority in the summer was to strengthen midfield by signing a good partner for Partey. We spent more than any club in Europe but still lack that midfielder. It's all good though because we are flying along in 12th position.

Post #536587  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:45 pm 

Parson Daka scored 4 for Leicester in europa league tonight. I think he’s a great striker for the £20m Leicester paid for him. It isn’t the worst tactic to just go for the RB Salzburg strikers. Karim Adeyemi is the one who replaced Daka who himself replaced Haaland.

Post #536588  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:34 pm 

Graph showing the teams who press the most. Unsurprisingly City and Liverpool right at the top. But Brighton and Leeds with (on paper) inferior players to us manage a high pressing game.

We’re down as the 3rd worst in the league with Norwich and Watford - not great company.

Attachments:

Post #536589  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37 pm 

Hopefully Manchester United coming from 0-2 down to win 3-2 will keep OGS in his job a while longer.

Post #536590  Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Hopefully Manchester United coming from 0-2 down to win 3-2 will keep OGS in his job a while longer.

Hi Bernard,
Well I suppose the possibility of Antonio Conte replacing Ole would be an advantage.
But MU is 6th, us 12th.

Post #536591  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:57 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
I had to offload my season ticket for this one as the Mrs wouldn’t let me attend 2 weeknight games in one week but watched it live.

Did you consider putting an ad in the paper like this chap ?

================================
GRAND FINAL TICKETS

Hi to all NRL supporters; check this out

***Urgent *******URGENT!!!!

HELP NEEDED!!!!!

A mate of mine won two tickets for the 2021 GRAND FINAL in QLD.

They are box seats plus penthouse accommodation and $1000.00 for miscellaneous expenses.

When he won them his Wedding date had not been finalized. Now it turns out the only
date available at the church for their wedding is on Grand Final Day - so he can't go.

If you're interested and want to go instead of him, it's at 1st Baptist Church at 5 PM on 3rd October ..
She is a fairly nice looking girl about 5'5 clean, cute, great body and her name is Kelly. She will be the one in the White dress.

If interested, contact me for more detailed information! ASAP

Post #536592  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:24 am 

Arteta, please unleash the team to play hard and fast against Villa. Don't be conservative!
Disallow any laziness.
Be brave, and try AMN in place of Lokongo.

Post #536593  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 am 

One thing the best of the Wenger years brought with it was an expectation of exciting, expansive, progressive, highly technical football and it is hard for some of the older fans to adjust their expectation levels.

Ok, so there were faults with the mid to latter Wenger teams, notably the inability to form a resolute defence and acquire a top notch keeper, and I am sure there would have been constant rumblings of discontent on social media had it existed back them.

The thing about this Arteta side is that it plays such boring, unambitious, tentative football. I, for one, do not enjoy what I am watching at all these days. Uninspiring, unadventurous, timid football with few chances and barely an Arsenal goal a game is not a great recipe for the tastebuds of fans paying the highest ticket prices in town.

Post #536594  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:18 pm 

Rich wrote:
Graph showing the teams who press the most. Unsurprisingly City and Liverpool right at the top. But Brighton and Leeds with (on paper) inferior players to us manage a high pressing game.

We’re down as the 3rd worst in the league with Norwich and Watford - not great company.

This is really depressing. Worst pressing team in the league, while not being very effective at beating our opponents press. The success of Liverpool, City under Guardiola, or those great Barcelona teams with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc was based on being great pressing teams, it's become a big part of football and we're just not good enough at it.

Post #536595  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm 

socrates wrote:
One thing the best of the Wenger years brought with it was an expectation of exciting, expansive, progressive, highly technical football and it is hard for some of the older fans to adjust their expectation levels.

Ok, so there were faults with the mid to latter Wenger teams, notably the inability to form a resolute defence and acquire a top notch keeper, and I am sure there would have been constant rumblings of discontent on social media had it existed back them.

The thing about this Arteta side is that it plays such boring, unambitious, tentative football. I, for one, do not enjoy what I am watching at all these days. Uninspiring, unadventurous, timid football with few chances and barely an Arsenal goal a game is not a great recipe for the tastebuds of fans paying the highest ticket prices in town.
Yes, being pop-gunners is hard to take. Even when we have had middle-ranking sides we often scored goals, and the Wenger years seem unbelievably rich in attack compared to recent times.

Post #536596  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:00 pm 

https://twitter.com/djbookat/status/145 ... 27461?s=21

So frustrating these inconsistent refereeing displays. We can separate it from our own poor performance in order to talk about it. McArthur is allowed to get away with two clear as day yellow cards before he is then only booked for a red card swipe at Saka. Saka is booked for his first one.

Even setting aside the red card foul the first yellow matters, if he gets a card for the one on Saka then he can’t trip Emile Smith Rowe who is on a dangerous break.

It will come as no surprise to anyone that Arsenal’s opponents have the fewest yellow cards this season.

Post #536597  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm 

Arteta has this worrying trend of emptying the midfield and leaving Partey in their alone. He did it in one of our biggest games last year v Villarreal and the illustration below shows the average positions in our home loss to Leicester last year - a horrible U shape with absolutely no one patrolling the middle of the park.

I've put up 2 more team shape images, one which I think we tried to deploy vs Palace - again Partey in the middle but Emile Smith Rowe and Ødegaard not central or deep enough to help him - and showing the vacant midfield area. The second is more like the shape we played against Spurs (imagine AMN is Xhaka, I just put AMN in there as a possible solution for the next game) It had Emile Smith Rowe and Ødegaard much more central and felt like it almost created a box of 4 players right in the heart of the pitch and we dominated that area. Of course spurs were very poor but this to me seems to be a much better set up for us.

Attachments:

Post #536598  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://twitter.com/djbookat/status/1450617639764627461?s=21

So frustrating these inconsistent refereeing displays. We can separate it from our own poor performance in order to talk about it. McArthur is allowed to get away with two clear as day yellow cards before he is then only booked for a red card swipe at Saka. Saka is booked for his first one.

Even setting aside the red card foul the first yellow matters, if he gets a card for the one on Saka then he can’t trip Emile Smith Rowe who is on a dangerous break.

It will come as no surprise to anyone that Arsenal’s opponents have the fewest yellow cards this season.

Mike Dean has been removed from refereeing a match this weekend, that is the PGMOL's standard admission that the ref made a howler the week before. No good for us though.

Post #536599  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:21 pm 

I've noticed that too Rich. Maybe the reason for the we need Xhaka contingent is that he stays in the middle. Its at least another body. A slow one who has a booming shot he rarely takes but a body nonetheless.

It won't happen but here's to a Cesc/Partnership middle and let the former retire a gooner. :58big-emoticons:

Okay, but seriously, we have the talent to be topo 6 and with some consistency who knows. Chelsea, Liverpool and City are going to take the top 3 from what I can tell right now at this time. Tottenham, Leicester and Man Utd can be overtaken. The others will drop down the table as time goes by.

Post #536600  Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:59 pm 

I saw a recent article where Henry said Bergkamp, not Messi was the greatest player he ever played with. I can see that. Although, I assume he means at the club level. As great as Dennis was its hard to imagine passing over Zidane.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13412, 13413, 13414, 13415, 13416, 13417, 13418 ... 14269  Next