Fixtures Tuesday April 23rd - Chelsea - Emirates Stadium - 8:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, gooner7, warrior and 179 guests

Post #532881  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm 

Rich wrote:
Pep confirms Bernardo Silva wants to leave City. Would you take him?

Out of interest - if we ignore price tags and just focus on the player, who would you rather have if Arsenal could only sign one of Ødegaard, Aouar, Maddison, Silva?

Now if we bring in possible price tags of:
Ødegaard £35m
Aouar £20m
Maddison £60m
Silva £45m
Who would you have?

ps: the price tag for Silva is my stab in the dark, the others are what has been widely reported)

Bernardo Silva - Current Market Value : €70.00m

*According to : https://www.transfermarkt.com/bernardo- ... ler/241641

Post #532882  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:51 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Apologies to the late great Benny Hill. Greatest British comedian ever. :58big-emoticons:

Billy Connolly, Stewart Lee and Ricky Gervais say hello

Post #532883  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
I think we're probably all guilty of using hindsight on transfers. I'm sure there have been plenty of transfers that when they happened at the time Arsenal fans either got caught up in the excitement of a new signing, or didn't really have a bad word to say about the signing or perhaps a few grumblings. Possibly because with lots of the players we haven't actually seen them play and we look at the transfer fee rather than the wages.

For example:

Kolasinac was voted Bundesliga best left-back, was physically imposing and had a reputation for flying down the wing and providing lots of assists, and we signed him for free! At the time I don't think there were too many moans. Hindsight shows he wasn't good enough to justify his place in the team or his wages and now we are all grumbling about his signing because we can't shift a player we don't want.

There are probably similar arguments for Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian (although people definitely grumbled about the length of his contract)

All of Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian are or were Premier League players for a club of Arsenal’s standing. But also, they are full internationals and in the cases of Willian and Mustafi, for two of the world’s most outstanding national teams in the modern era, if not any era. They are NOT rubbish or useless, and it’s silly to use such words to describe them. .

I would like to point out that Mustafi was useless. Any fan who has paid a fortune to attend a cup final where mustafi let’s the ball bounce over his head for a goal because he wasn’t goalside a footballing fundamental has the divine right to call him that. Mustafi has the right to make his 100 grand that week regardless however I do have that pleasure,

In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah!

Post #532884  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:01 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Messi will probably join PSG. They don’t appear to have any financial worries or constraints, just like Man City really. Bloated and obscene.

Yep and the thing that is really sad is that Covid has made this even worse, clubs that were run as a 'business' such as Arsenal and many others have taken a huge financial hit, these clubs were already at a massive disadvantage to the likes of Man City, P$G and Chav$ki, that gap is now wider thanks to the pandemic, only United can hold on to their shirt tales now, I predict we'll have a 'triopoly' of dominance in the PL from City, Chavs and Utd, I'm not sure Liverpool can stay the course but might be the distant 4th place club that we used to be!.

Remember City, Chavs and P$G were 3 of the 4 CL semi finalists last season.

Actually not much of a change really just they will likely pull away (even more!) from clubs like us, spudz and Leicester, be excited says Josh, lol!, couldn't be less excited about football these days.

Not even really glad about the demise of RM and Barca, all it means is more likely City, Chavs or Utd win the big jug.

All a load of bollocks.

#KroenkeOUT

Post #532885  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:05 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Apologies to the late great Benny Hill. Greatest British comedian ever. :58big-emoticons:

It's akin to calling Cliff Richard Britain's greatest musical artist.

Post #532886  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:18 pm 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

It's akin to calling Cliff Richard Britain's greatest musical artist.

Perfect analogy.

Danny Dyer Britain’s greatest actor.

Post #532887  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

I would like to point out that Mustafi was useless. Any fan who has paid a fortune to attend a cup final where mustafi let’s the ball bounce over his head for a goal because he wasn’t goalside a footballing fundamental has the divine right to call him that. Mustafi has the right to make his 100 grand that week regardless however I do have that pleasure,

In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah!

Get a life.

Post #532888  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 pm 

socrates wrote:
I might be the only one but £25m a season for Messi doesn’t seem that bad a deal. Imagine the shirt sales and merchandising deals, the marketing opportunities, the media coverage......it would probably pay for itself purely in the off-field possibilities and put Arsenal right back on the footballing map. It might even get us back in the CL (unlikely but you never know)

Perhaps, but it could also be a complete circus. Do we need the drama, or should be building steadily?

Post #532889  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:11 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Get a life.

Go back to your quest to stop all equal rights campaigning than commenting on my posts.

Post #532890  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:23 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
All of Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian are or were Premier League players for a club of Arsenal’s standing. But also, they are full internationals and in the cases of Willian and Mustafi, for two of the world’s most outstanding national teams in the modern era, if not any era. They are NOT rubbish or useless, and it’s silly to use such words to describe them. .

I paid whatever I paid to watch the Manchester City League Cup final. We lost 0-3, and the defeat didn’t happen because Mustafi made an error on Aguero’s goal. We lost because we were hopelessly outplayed by a better team on the day. Just as Mustafi has the right to be paid a £100 grand a week, you of course have the right to come across a bitter person driven by personal dislikes.

Post #532891  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:36 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I paid whatever I paid to watch the Manchester City League Cup final. We lost 0-3, and the defeat didn’t happen because Mustafi made an error on Aguero’s goal. We lost because we were hopelessly outplayed by a better team on the day. Just as Mustafi has the right to be paid a £100 grand a week, you of course have the right to come across a bitter person driven by personal dislikes.

And you come across as driven to double down on any previous comment you’ve made no matter how outright ludicrous.

Of course mustafi was a major contributor in that defeat.

Post #532892  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Rich wrote:
...Kolasinac was voted Bundesliga best left-back, was physically imposing and had a reputation for flying down the wing and providing lots of assists, and we signed him for free! At the time I don't think there were too many moans. Hindsight shows he wasn't good enough to justify his place in the team or his wages and now we are all grumbling about his signing because we can't shift a player we don't want.
Very good points. Even if we have paid Kolasinac £3m pa in salary (and who knows the truth of that figure), has it been the worst deal ever made to spend say £12-15m on a squad man who played over a hundred times in four years? In the scheme of things not a big stick to beat the club with.

Some people does need big sticks. Little sticks, twisted sticks, stones, hot air, the kitchen sink ... all are suitable ammo as far as Mr 20/20 hindsight is concerned.

Post #532893  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:41 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Get a life.

Couldn't agree more. What a load of utterly disrespectful, over the top, drivel from Top Gun.

Post #532894  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:42 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
...In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah!
But what about the downside?

Post #532895  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
And you come across as driven to double down on any previous comment you’ve made no matter how outright ludicrous.

:53big-emoticons: :53big-emoticons: Well done, Mr 'whatever he's got, I'm going all in on my pair of twos'. That has to take the cake as the least self-aware post in the history of the forum! Even Chocolate Gooner was Zen-like in comparison.

Post #532896  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:51 pm 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

:53big-emoticons: :53big-emoticons: Well done, Mr 'whatever he's got, I'm going all in on my pair of twos'. That has to take the cake as the least self-aware post in the history of the forum! Even Chocolate Gooner was Zen-like in comparison.

Hardly, I often change my opinion on the state of the union and reserve my right to do that! you come across increasingly as a Richard Hammond type though. The one who tries to have a dig after someone else has thrown a failing boot before you and failed,

Post #532897  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:53 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

Get a life.

Couldn't agree more. What a load of utterly disrespectful, over the top, drivel from Top Gun.

If you can’t tell when someone is having a laugh and not being serious you need to take a real look at yourself.

Post #532898  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

But we didn’t lose the game because of Mustafi’s error with Ageuro’s goal. Just like we didn’t lose because Aubameyang missed a sitter to give us an early lead before it. We lost because City outclassed us that day.

My paragraph in the post you replied to with your paragraph below was as follows: “All of Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian are or were Premier League players for a club of Arsenal’s standing. But also, they are full internationals and in the cases of Willian and Mustafi, for two of the world’s most outstanding national teams in the modern era, if not any era. They are NOT rubbish or useless, and it’s silly to use such words to describe them.”

Really, why is that ‘outright ludicrous’, as you call it? Read the paragraph you wrote about Mustafi again. It was, verbatim:

“In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah”

People here will read that. I wonder if they think the same way as me? That it doesn’t give a positive impression of you.

Post #532899  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 pm 

:sad4:
TOP GUN wrote:
Decaf wrote:

If you can’t tell when someone is having a laugh and not being serious you need to take a real look at yourself.

Phew! Perhaps you do realise how badly you came across. That’s a positive.

Post #532900  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:14 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But we didn’t lose the game because of Mustafi’s error with Ageuro’s goal. Just like we didn’t lose because Aubameyang missed a sitter to give us an early lead before it. We lost because City outclassed us that day.

My paragraph in the post you replied to with your paragraph below was as follows: “All of Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian are or were Premier League players for a club of Arsenal’s standing. But also, they are full internationals and in the cases of Willian and Mustafi, for two of the world’s most outstanding national teams in the modern era, if not any era. They are NOT rubbish or useless, and it’s silly to use such words to describe them.”

Really, why is that ‘outright ludicrous’, as you call it? Read the paragraph you wrote about Mustafi again. It was, verbatim:

“In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah”

People here will read that. I wonder if they think the same way as me? .

Only the blatantly thick would think that. It’s obvious I’m satirising your earlier comments, I obviously clearly have no knowledge if mustafi eats dirts or licks snakes. I’m quite content that if the stupid that unfortunately stand amongst us on the forum are unable to grasp the comments in their intention then they will be misinterpreted. Fair enough I won’t explain everything.

That all said I still think it’s ok to call Mustafi useless. *%^@ me what a donkey.

Post #532901  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:49 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

People here will read that. I wonder if they think the same way as me? .

Only the blatantly thick would think that. It’s obvious I’m satirising your earlier comments, I obviously clearly have no knowledge if mustafi eats dirts or licks snakes. I’m quite content that if the stupid that unfortunately stand amongst us on the forum are unable to grasp the comments in their intention then they will be misinterpreted. Fair enough I won’t explain everything.

That all said I still think it’s ok to call Mustafi useless. *%^@ me what a donkey.

Oh please stop digging. You may have some self assessment afterall, because you have realised what a fool you looked and your full retreat is on with this post.

Post #532902  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:14 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Oh please stop digging. You may have some self assessment afterall, because you have realised what a fool you looked and your full retreat is on with this post.

You turn up for 2 things. First is to gloat at an arsenal defeat 2nd is talk any nonsense relative to anything I post. Without that everything you say is ignored thankfully.

If you have no conception of satire you should be ignored but it’s kinda cute you believe I might give actually give a *%^@ what an idiot like you or a complete bigot like Gunfire would have thought about that post

Post #532903  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:00 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

But your language is so often way over the top. Not only about players, but when insulting other forum members. The way you speak to people (I’m using ‘speak’ to cover the written word) is so extreme and unnecessary. Moreover I think you’ve lost a great credibility because of it.

A bit of advice, free of charge. When you’ve written one of your ‘over the top’ insulting posts with extreme language to members here or about players, before you press the submit button take a deep breath and consider this. Do you really want to give that impression of yourself?

There are better ways to put across your opinions.

Post #532904  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:36 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But your language is so often way over the top. Not only about players, but when insulting other forum members. The way you speak to people (I’m using ‘speak’ to cover the written word) is so extreme and unnecessary. Moreover I think you’ve lost a great credibility because of it.

A bit of advice, free of charge. When you’ve written one of your ‘over the top’ insulting posts with extreme language to members here or about players, before you press the submit button take a deep breath and consider this. Do you really want to give that impression of yourself?

No I think I’ll continue to stick up for myself when being attacked by assorted half wits cheers.

If you have a problem with my posts that’s what the block button is for.

Post #532905  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:38 am 

Maddison or bust then

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/arsenal-t ... aouar-deal

Post #532906  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:47 am 

Rich wrote:
I think we're probably all guilty of using hindsight on transfers. I'm sure there have been plenty of transfers that when they happened at the time Arsenal fans either got caught up in the excitement of a new signing, or didn't really have a bad word to say about the signing or perhaps a few grumblings. Possibly because with lots of the players we haven't actually seen them play and we look at the transfer fee rather than the wages.

For example:

Kolasinac was voted Bundesliga best left-back, was physically imposing and had a reputation for flying down the wing and providing lots of assists, and we signed him for free! At the time I don't think there were too many moans. Hindsight shows he wasn't good enough to justify his place in the team or his wages and now we are all grumbling about his signing because we can't shift a player we don't want.

There are probably similar arguments for Mustafi, Xhaka and Willian (although people definitely grumbled about the length of his contract)

I liked Kolasinac for a while. Was impressed with his pressing play down the left. Then he got lazy. And became too comfortable simply passing sideways or back. Not sure if his style was coached out of him, or it coincided with Özil being left out.

There was a time when we don't lose whenever Mustafi starts a game. That run went 180 degrees when we lost games when he starts.

Xhaka was blasting for goals from distance. He might have had one or two from those. Then those long distance tries stopped altogether.

It was just queer to see the 3 of them changing colours. Not sure who was the coach during that era. Definitely not Arteta yet.

Post #532907  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:49 am 

Rich wrote:
Pep confirms Bernardo Silva wants to leave City. Would you take him?

Out of interest - if we ignore price tags and just focus on the player, who would you rather have if Arsenal could only sign one of Ødegaard, Aouar, Maddison, Silva?

Now if we bring in possible price tags of:
Ødegaard £35m
Aouar £20m
Maddison £60m
Silva £45m
Who would you have?

ps: the price tag for Silva is my stab in the dark, the others are what has been widely reported)

Maddison, never mind the price tag, I'm not paying :icon_mrgreen1:

Post #532908  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:49 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

No I think I’ll continue to stick up for myself when being attacked by assorted half wits cheers.

We’ll if you’re happy giving such a negative opinion of yourself by using insulting language so often, that’s for you to decide. After all, I think it’s hypocritical of you to imply you use it when being attacked. Your language is in my view way more aggressive than any other current member. Insulting people with extreme language, players and members, seems to be your modus operandi.

Post #532909  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:55 am 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

We’ll if you’re happy giving such a negative opinion of yourself by using insulting language so often, that’s for you to decide. After all, I think it’s hypocritical of you to imply you use it when being attacked. Your language is in my view way more aggressive than any other current member. Insulting people with extreme language, players and members, seems to be your modus operandi.

Have to disagree on that one. Yeah we’ll try and keep your opinions to yourself.

Post #532910  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:59 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Mustafi...really, why drag him in it. It was obviously we were taken and the shock was that he got as many appearances as he did. A halfway decent purple patch for a few months where, it was mre he didn't make glaring mistakes than he played well, doesn't erase his Benny Hillesque compilation of errors.

I've mentioned it before, but the veeeeeery slight disconnect between AG's many, many, many posts ridiculing Mustafi, and his many, many, many posts complaining about being trolled by members of the SG forum is worth bringing up every now and again.

:42laughter:

Post #532911  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:10 am 

I think Top Gun is a Psychologist, and he is using this forum as part of his research. How else to get research material, than to keep baiting them :42laughter:

Post #532912  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:13 am 

gooner7 wrote:
I think Top Gun is a Psychologist, and he is using this forum as part of his research. How else to get research material, than to keep baiting them :42laughter:

You’ve nailed it :12hello-bye: . I’m studying Anthropogeny

Post #532913  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:30 am 

Decaf wrote:
socrates wrote:
I might be the only one but £25m a season for Messi doesn’t seem that bad a deal. Imagine the shirt sales and merchandising deals, the marketing opportunities, the media coverage......it would probably pay for itself purely in the off-field possibilities and put Arsenal right back on the footballing map. It might even get us back in the CL (unlikely but you never know)

Perhaps, but it could also be a complete circus. Do we need the drama, or should be building steadily?

Don't forget the Özil message. It'll be the wages that kill us.

I say no thank you as I do with Maddison.

Post #532914  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:38 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

You’ve nailed it :12hello-bye: . I’m studying Anthropogeny

:icon_mrgreen:

Post #532915  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:31 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
...In fact if Shkodran was here today Id tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shite he is! Hallelujah!
But what about the downside?

:laughing7:

Exactly, there must be some negatives.

Post #532916  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:28 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Or Aouar?

Post #532917  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:45 am 

Maddison to Arsenal? Why Arteta's 'unprecedented' squad overhaul has stalled

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/maddiso ... zu36pm1yrq

Post #532918  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:47 am 

Arsenal can land £63m Manchester City ace if James Maddison transfer falls through

The Gunners could target the Portuguese playmaker if a move for Leicester City's James Maddison fails to materialise

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... y-21248529

Post #532919  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:55 am 

Gotta know basketball to fully get the context but if you don't, so what. lol

Attachments:

Post #532920  Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:12 am 

[Tweet] https://twitter.com/throwbackafc/status ... 46664?s=21[/Tweet]

We talk about having the likes of Henry and Vieira to be able to place them in this team but also Cazorla would just solve so many of our problems right now. Wonderful player

[ 571784 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13320, 13321, 13322, 13323, 13324, 13325, 13326 ... 14295  Next