Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, Rich, warrior and 85 guests

Post #555761  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:19 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
As a father of 2 daughters I am not ok with males, which is what transwomen are,

No they're not - you're just a bigot on the wrong side of both history and science. Transgender people face a much larger risk of being victims of violent crimes than cisgender people (there are studies that show the risk is as much as four times higher), so I don't think heartfelt instagram posts from celebrities are quite enough to counter that.

And people aren't going to go through gender reassignment surgery just so they can molest girls in public bathrooms, they do it so they can actually go on with their lives and be happy. You're just spouting talking points from the far-right media, I suggest you do some actual reading on the subject before talking about it.

Post #555762  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:04 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
As a father of 2 daughters I am not ok with males, which is what transwomen are,

No they're not - you're just a bigot on the wrong side of both history and science. Transgender people face a much larger risk of being victims of violent crimes than cisgender people (there are studies that show the risk is as much as four times higher), so I don't think heartfelt instagram posts from celebrities are quite enough to counter that.

And people aren't going to go through gender reassignment surgery just so they can molest girls in public bathrooms, they do it so they can actually go on with their lives and be happy. You're just spouting talking points from the far-right media, I suggest you do some actual reading on the subject before talking about it.

You sound quite the bigot yourself there and while your cis/trans stats is science of sorts, science in the wider sense certainly doesn't support the trans lobby.

Post #555763  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:32 pm 

Post #555764  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:49 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
males, which is what transwomen are

Well yes. It is impossible for someone to change their biological sex. It's unfair and wrong to dismiss the feelings of women who want their private spaces kept private.
It's also a sad reflection of today's world that expressing these views makes somebody a 'bigot' and indeed can and has caused people to be fired from their jobs and otherwise demonised.

Post #555765  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:28 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Well yes.

Well, that's disappointing. And it is bigotry, plain and simple. The medical community at large disagrees with you, which is why gender-affirming care is now being seen as a vital component in treating gender dysphoria and all the harm it does to individuals - the science is really clear on that part. The fact that you guys counter actual, real-life problems with made up scenarios about predatory behavior in public restrooms speaks for itself really. Pointing out bigotry has nothing to do with the sad state of the world, this is mostly just about a generation of people who refuses to learn new things or accept things they don't understand.

But, I was hesitant to post about this at all here, as I figured it wouldn't be the place. Should've trusted my gut on that one. So I'll simply do you a favor and bow out instead, and you can keep your safe space for that sort of bigotry. Take care everyone, it's been fun for the most part.

Post #555766  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:47 pm 

I don’t think it’s a black or white issue haz. It’s complex and I’m not an expert and like I said it’s not the biggest problem the country faces but really I can’t see how you can call everyone a bigot on the subject.

If you look at JK Rowling as the type of example Bromley is referring to she seems to have really been treated very unfairly as far as I can tell. all for really saying that if sex isn’t real then the living reality for billions of women is erased. Mercilessly attacked and even ostracised by cast members of her movies who basically owe her their careers.

Post #555767  Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:54 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Well yes.

Well, that's disappointing. And it is bigotry, plain and simple. The medical community at large disagrees with you, which is why gender-affirming care is now being seen as a vital component in treating gender dysphoria and all the harm it does to individuals - the science is really clear on that part. The fact that you guys counter actual, real-life problems with made up scenarios about predatory behavior in public restrooms speaks for itself really. Pointing out bigotry has nothing to do with the sad state of the world, this is mostly just about a generation of people who refuses to learn new things or accept things they don't understand.

But, I was hesitant to post about this at all here, as I figured it wouldn't be the place. Should've trusted my gut on that one. So I'll simply do you a favor and bow out instead, and you can keep your safe space for that sort of bigotry. Take care everyone, it's been fun for the most part.

Haz, I assure you I have no issue with people living their lives as they wish. What you didn't address in your reply was that I was commenting on biological sex, an immutable characteristic. And that women who had concerns about trans women - biological males - entering their private spaces were demonised for expressing their concerns. I did not make any comment regarding gender dysphoria. It would be sad if you left the forum, I for one hope you decide to stay.

Post #555768  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:44 am 

Hazuki wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Too cold, feels like -10 here, to get into one of your pathetic rants. Typical blaming someone for calling out the woke. Scotland changed definition of a woman, hopefully Supreme Court here will correct that. Sad that the left is going down this route.

'The left' has gone down this route because it's literally a question of people's lives. There's probably no more marginalized group in our society than transgender people and on top of the threat they face from others (which often is very much a physical one), the rates of depression and suicide is extremely high compared to the average population. Science shows very clearly that that risk decreases significantly if they are afforded gender-affirming care, and since how other people identify has absolutely no material effect on your life whatsoever, the transphobia you're displaying is nothing more than a disgusting case of moral panic.

Will probably not be posting much on here until there's something Arsenal related to talk about, so I'll take this opportunity as well to wish you all a merry christmas, and I hope all is well with you all.

Except of course for bubblechris; please have the christmas you deserve, you reactionary scumbag.

How pathetic can you be. The woke agenda is doing more harm to the female and trans community than anyone. Sturgeon has managed to get a Scottish High Court Judge to make it easier for people to legally change their gender without medical reports or evidence. A man can claim to be a woman get into female protected areas like toilets, changing rooms even prisons. How can any sane person accept this.
The trans community had my support but this is ridiculous and has led to women no longer feeling safe.
Google Sturgeon women's rights; see the true picture of the damage the left is doing to womens rights.

Post #555769  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:57 am 

Hazuki wrote:

I'm talking about those that self identify and don't get surgery which are the majority. I am on the right side of science. Your sex is what you are born and cannot change. I suggest you go back and read some biology. If you have a penis and you are going into women's changing rooms you are creep. Live the life you want but there are clear delineations in how our society functions for male and female for reasons too obvious they don't need stating.

Have a look here. If you think this is normal get help.............https://www.quora.com/Im-transgender-Ho ... lp?share=1

Post #555770  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:47 am 

I do think people who harp on constantly about this type of stuff are actually speaking about their own self loathing in some subliminal way though.

Reminds me of before gay marriage. People who harped on about it negatively were almost leaving a little breadcrumb trail of gayness to suggest they were suppressing their own inner desires. This feels similar.

The movie American beauty covered this well.

Post #555771  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:13 am 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
Well yes.

Again, betraying your own bigotry. Poor show.

Post #555772  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:14 pm 

Arsenal to get an additional £1.5M from FIFA at the end of WC. That will be a decent benefit.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... r-25764321

Post #555773  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:10 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Gunfire wrote:
males, which is what transwomen are

Well yes. It is impossible for someone to change their biological sex. It's unfair and wrong to dismiss the feelings of women who want their private spaces kept private.
It's also a sad reflection of today's world that expressing these views makes somebody a 'bigot' and indeed can and has caused people to be fired from their jobs and otherwise demonised.

I'm not an expert, but surely someone who has had what we use to call a 'sex change' is no longer a man, and has every right to be called a women. I really don't understand why other people feel this is any of their business.

Maybe an argument could be made in the case of sport, but not bathrooms. That is just unfair and unkind.

Post #555774  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:11 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I'm not an expert, but surely someone who has had what we use to call a 'sex change' is no longer a man, and has every right to be called a women. I really don't understand why other people feel this is any of their business.

Maybe an argument could be made in the case of sport, but not bathrooms. That is just unfair and unkind.

And, I would add, unChristian.

Post #555775  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:12 pm 

Abu wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

Not sure what you point is. Could you please elaborate?

Post #555776  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:21 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

I dunno

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-for-life

Those women regardless of their crimes didn’t deserve to be attacked like that. I don’t think it’s unkind to say that society should have offered them some protection.

I’m not saying I agree with any of the views anyone is saying here just playing devils advocate as I find this a difficult and complex subject.

Post #555777  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:59 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

As I'm sure you are aware, many trans women have had no surgery and are still in possession of male genitalia. The new law passed in Scotland and referenced earlier by another poster (sorry can't remember who) only requires somebody to identify how they wish with no requirement for surgery or any other medical intervention. And what I said regarding being unable to change one's biological sex is true. As I am also sure you are aware being male or female is physiologically a lot more that what is obvious from the outside of the body. So people can call themselves what they wish with no requirement for surgery or any other medical intervention.
As for whether or not this is anyone else's business, I think it is most certainly the business of biological females and indeed the parents of girls as to who is entering their toilets, changing rooms, refuges, prisons.
What people call themselves- that is up to them. However it is a more complicated matter when it comes to the other situations i have mentioned. It is not unfair or unkind to participate in an open and honest discussion about these genuine and in some cases justified concerns, however if somebody questions the right of people with male genitalia entering women's spaces they can expect to be labelled a bigot. In some cases this can also impact their employment or lead to a visit from pc plod. Do you not think this issue deserves an open, honest (and respectful) public discussion?

Post #555778  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:05 pm 

Decaf wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

The sad thing is that the gender identity lobby have spolied it for the Transvestites as we knew them. I have no problem with anyone wanting tobe gay, lesbian or whatever they want to call themselves. But the constant harping about their rights has wrecked what the LBGT lobby has tried to do so people that think , act or want to live their own lives can no longer do so without someone crying £$%^& or whatever.

The other problem is the rapists and peadophiles have jumped on the bandwagon and taken advantage of the situation and in fact are being protected by the misgender lobby.

BLM, Transr whatever isn't the norm today is wrecking peoples lives and unfortunately being supoported by not only Labour but also by the Libdems and even the Greens who all will not dare to copy the likes of J K Rowling and others arguing the case for normality. The Uni's are in on it, The Church is also getting involvedas are Hospitals that ask ridiculous questions in fear of offending. The number of people that have been denounced is growing every day.

How I long for the 60s and 70s and flowerpower and peace and love. I believe we all miss it.

Peace and goodwill to all that agree that a woman is a woman and she has a cervix and doesn't have a penis.

Post #555779  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:10 pm 

Juventus tomorrow. Vlahovic isn't travelling and there are strong rumours we've done a deal for him. Felix possibly not on, off to Barca it seems and MudryK is continuously on and off but looking good as he wants to come to us.

Post #555780  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:28 pm 

While this is still a topic on here (LGBTQ), just if any recall back in the 50's, Christine Jorgensen. Went from GI Joe to GI Jane. Yes as a male served in WW2.

Attachments:

Post #555781  Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:49 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Juventus tomorrow. Vlahovic isn't travelling and there are strong rumours we've done a deal for him. Felix possibly not on, off to Barca it seems and MudryK is continuously on and off but looking good as he wants to come to us.

Hope it happens, both Vlahovic & MudryK would be good additions to our squad.

Post #555782  Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:59 am 

Decaf wrote:
Abu wrote:

Not sure what you point is. Could you please elaborate?

Just passing comnent

Post #555783  Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:40 am 

gooner7 wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Hope it happens, both Vlahovic & MudryK would be good additions to our squad.

Very good additions. I'd still like to see another CM.

Post #555784  Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:10 pm 

We had virtually all the first half. Nelson off injured. Last seconds of first half Xhaka felt sorry for them and headed the ball past Ramsdale.
:22cry:

Post #555785  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:40 am 

Holding too. Last minutes of the game. Lost 2-0. Shows how much we need a goal scorer.

Come on Mikel sign up 3 players now or we will struggle to win games.

Post #555786  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:12 pm 

Think we have real challenges when we come back boxing day. I think Jesus is a real loss so much so it could derail our season totally. I do wonder how desperate we could be to get a forward in.

Nketiah smashed a post from 9 yards with the goal wide open yesterday

Post #555787  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:55 pm 

Anal Richard Keys just had to take a swipe at Arsenal. Made the point that we let Martinez go, and now he is in a World Cup final.

Post #555788  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:05 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
Anal Richard Keys just had to take a swipe at Arsenal. Made the point that we let Martinez go, and now he is in a World Cup final.

He is a joke. Thankfully been off British TV for a long time now.

Post #555789  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:11 pm 

Interesting final - hard to call. Hoping the officiating is fair and it's an exciting game. Don't really care who wins though it would be quite funny to see France prevail after the media Messi love-in.

Post #555790  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:25 pm 

Poor from Dembele. Even the slightest touch and Di Maria was going down. Nicely slotted home by Messi.

Post #555791  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:28 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Think we have real challenges when we come back boxing day. I think Jesus is a real loss so much so it could derail our season totally. I do wonder how desperate we could be to get a forward in.

Nketiah smashed a post from 9 yards with the goal wide open yesterday

You’re not alone with these thoughts. Worrying isn’t it? And I’m not sure that Emile Smith Rowe is going to be fully match fit soon enough to be able to help us.

Post #555792  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:36 pm 

Di Maria 2-0. Fully deserved. France haven’t turned up.

Post #555793  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:29 pm 

Somewhere right now Bernard is screaming for Guendouzi to come on and change the game.

Bless you Bern

Post #555794  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:44 pm 

Wow! Mbappe. Unbelievable 2-2.

Post #555795  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:49 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

Well ramsdale would have stopped that Mbappe shot for the 2nd. I assure you

Post #555796  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Well ramsdale would have stopped that Mbappe shot for the 2nd. I assure you

Without a doubt

Post #555797  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:31 pm 

Fair play to Messi. Great final. Surely Argentina won’t blow it again.

….. or maybe they will

Post #555798  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:37 pm 

Bloody hell

Post #555799  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:04 pm 

Very happy for Emi

Post #555800  Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:04 pm 

And of course, very happy for Messi

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13892, 13893, 13894, 13895, 13896, 13897, 13898 ... 14269  Next