Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 107 guests

Post #560241  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:28 pm 

Rich wrote:
Zed wrote:
Arsenal 2023-24 away kits....hmmm

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/6674275136961072586/

These guys take a guess at the kit based on the info released.
Home kit is ‘better scarlet’ (red)…white and a metallic gold
Away kit is a florescent yellow with black details

I’m sure I also saw a 3rd kit mock up which was a dark blue but the 3 stripes on the adidas sleeves were red/white/blue so similar to the training kit just bought out which had the French colours on the stripes

Adidas haven’t really given us a bad kit so far. The black one this year sold out in record numbers

Hi Rich
Really like the gold/black kits.

Post #560242  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:45 pm 

Hi all, hope yis are all keeping well.

I've just seen the news regarding Bernard's passing back in November. I am shocked and would like to belatedly pass on my condolences to his friends on here and his family. I had spoken to him briefly last year about getting tickets for the Emirates on FB messenger and although the plans didn't progress from there - Bernard was very keen to help out. A gentleman I would say.

Obviously, he was an absolute legend on here and will be and I'm sure already has been terribly missed. It must have been around 2000/2001 when I first had a good "debate" with Bernard when he reacted incredulously to my belief Gilles Grimandi was rubbish. Little did I know that innocent observation would lead to such outrage. :42laughter: Before I knew it though, I was really enjoying arguing with this bloke on the internet and would refresh repeatedly for the next installment. Of which there were many. Fun times.

RIP Bernard.

Post #560243  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:01 pm 

Niall wrote:

I've just seen the news regarding Bernard's passing back in November. I am shocked and would like to belatedly pass on my condolences to his friends on here and his family. I had spoken to him briefly last year about getting tickets for the Emirates on FB messenger and although the plans didn't progress from there - Bernard was very keen to help out. A gentleman I would say.

Obviously, he was an absolute legend on here and will be and I'm sure already has been terribly missed. It must have been around 2000/2001 when I first had a good "debate" with Bernard when he reacted incredulously to my belief Gilles Grimandi was rubbish. Little did I know that innocent observation would lead to such outrage. :42laughter: Before I knew it though, I was really enjoying arguing with this bloke on the internet and would refresh repeatedly for the next installment. Of which there were many. Fun times.

RIP Bernard.

Yes, very sad news about Bernard. We'd been a bit concerned about you too, Niall - a long time since you'd been online. Glad to hear you're still out and about.

Post #560244  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:15 pm 

Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Berlimey - he lives!!

More than can be said of your Creative Zen.

Been in jug?

Post #560245  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:14 pm 

Lionel Messi, Neymar, Bukayo Saka, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia and Randal Kolo Muani

Are the only players in Europe's top 5 leagues to have hit 10 goals and 10 assists this season

Post #560246  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:19 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
Geez ...stopped drinking rum at 5.45 am .... I tell ya wisdom takes a fair while to arrive in some peoples lives .

This is what happens when you get old, you give up early and go to bed. When you were on your game : off to work. Bex or Vincents when you arrive at work, Pie for morning tea, and get a beer down at lunch and bobs your uncle.

Gidday Gaz .... yeah well in fairness although it sounds like I am angling for drunk of the month I was playing on line chess , the rum just honed or destroyed the skills needed .

Did you watch the game Eels v Panthers last night ....? talk about high drama . The Broncos v new franchise Dolphins tonight promised plenty

Post #560247  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:32 pm 

Saka and Trossard are nominated for player of the month. Bizarrely Martinelli with 4 goals in 4 games not nominated. Can only think its because they didn't want too many Arsenal players - but if they've genuinely been the best then all the nominations should come from a single club if needs be!

Post #560248  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:48 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Gidday Gaz .... yeah well in fairness although it sounds like I am angling for drunk of the month I was playing on line chess , the rum just honed or destroyed the skills needed .

Did you watch the game Eels v Panthers last night ....? talk about high drama . The Broncos v new franchise Dolphins tonight promised plenty

Missed the game but will watch a replay or highlights. I am up early to walk the dog ( because of the heat) so try and go to bed early and not get invested in the sport on TV.

Post #560249  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:51 pm 

Can anyone explain to me why Southgate took Foden off after 3 mins when Saka, the most similar type of player, had been on for 70 odd mins? Then he brought Saka off a few minutes later! How is sacrificing a player with fresh legs the best solution?

Post #560250  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:53 pm 

Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Hey Niall,

Great to see you back, we were all a little worried.

Post #560251  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:58 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Zed wrote:
Arsenal 2023-24 away kits....hmmm

I will def get the white one and if winners of prem lge on the shirt I'll get the yellow one too.

Hi Chris
I prefer the yellow one actually. Seems there may be gold lettering on the new home kit as well.

Post #560252  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:02 am 

Well done Harry Kane and England.

Post #560253  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:23 am 

“I speak with people in my team outside of football to evaluate my games," he says. "We see what I’ve done well and what I need to improve on. That’s been a constant theme throughout my career so it’s nothing new to me. The games I haven’t done well are the most useful games. I evaluate my games a lot and I’m very harsh on myself which is good for me to develop.”

This is from Balogun. Very matured.
Please Arteta, bring him into the first team next season.

Post #560254  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:02 am 

Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Niall !

Post #560255  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:21 am 

socrates wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why Southgate took Foden off after 3 mins when Saka, the most similar type of player, had been on for 70 odd mins? Then he brought Saka off a few minutes later! How is sacrificing a player with fresh legs the best solution?

Probably shows the trust Southgate has in Saka defensively, or the lack of trust in Foden. Agree that it was then strange to sub Saka off a few minutes later. Southgate did manage to finish the game with 3 RB on the pitch - he must have been delighted

Post #560256  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:27 am 

I thought Declan Rice was superb last night. The goal was a bonus but it’s his all round game in that defensive midfield shield. He anticipates danger, is physical, rarely gives the ball away and is comfortable running with the ball when gaps open. 24 years old and 40 international caps. Played at euros and world cups and some European games with West Ham. If he is our top target for the summer I’d be fully behind it.

Bellingham was also fantastic especially in the first half, he’s ideal for the role Xhaka player but we’d be priced out of that nice I think

Post #560257  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:33 am 

DHD wrote:
Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Berlimey - he lives!!

Been in jug?

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Good to hear from you Niall.

I knew there was a 'debate' before the epic Wiltord one but I'd forgotten it was about Grimandi of all people. Absurd in retrospect but very entertaining.

Post #560258  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:45 am 

Rich wrote:
I thought Declan Rice was superb last night. The goal was a bonus but it’s his all round game in that defensive midfield shield. He anticipates danger, is physical, rarely gives the ball away and is comfortable running with the ball when gaps open. 24 years old and 40 international caps. Played at euros and world cups and some European games with West Ham. If he is our top target for the summer I’d be fully behind it.

Bellingham was also fantastic especially in the first half, he’s ideal for the role Xhaka player but we’d be priced out of that nice I think

2nd half they were in knackered. It’s pretty crazy Southgate hasn’t given Maddison any minutes. He doesn’t really regain the the initiative in games when the other team gets a foothold in matches. Saka is his starboy too isn’t it.

Post #560259  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:29 am 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mas-tuchel

Tuchel off the spudz list.

Post #560260  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:49 am 

Just a thought, if Balogun chooses to play for the USA he has the potential to become their leading star player (strikers gravitate that way if they're good) for a country who host the World Cup in 2026. The marketing potential for Arsenal is huge. I think there is no way we should sell him in the summer, it is a crazy thought, here is a guy we've sent on loan so we can test him at the top level and hopefully bring him back to be a first team player for us - that's the goal with every loan really. He's exceeded expectations so far.

Is there room for Jesus, Eddie and Balogun in the squad? I don't know, but you could spend a season finding that out rather than potentially lose the wrong guy.

Post #560261  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:15 am 

Rich wrote:

Is there room for Jesus, Eddie and Balogun in the squad? I don't know, but you could spend a season finding that out rather than potentially lose the wrong guy.

This is the most interesting dilemma of the summer because there isn’t room for the 3 of them in the squad. 1 of them would rarely even start in the league cup. Remember you also have Trossard.

I think the club should keep him and give him a proper blooding, he’s been with the club since 8 and he’s another hale end product. To sell him would be mad and my gut feeling from watching him is he has a better all round game than Eddie, more strength and can lay the ball off as well as get in behind.

Quite bizarre really, I’ve been a fan for of the club since the 80s and the only decent strikers that made it though the academy were Kevin Campbell and Andy Cole in 40 years. Now we have 2 in the same space of time.

Post #560262  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:42 am 

Stapleton and Quinn had decent careers.

Post #560263  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:28 am 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:
Stapleton and Quinn had decent careers.

Stapleton before my time but we’re going back to 1974 to find a youth striker that came through.

Quinn was decent but really not good enough for the highest level really.

Post #560264  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am 

mcquilkie wrote:
Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Yes, very sad news about Bernard. We'd been a bit concerned about you too, Niall - a long time since you'd been online. Glad to hear you're still out and about.

Thanks mcquilkie, hope you are doing well.

Post #560265  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:00 am 

DHD wrote:
Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Berlimey - he lives!!

Been in jug?

I don't normally do cryptic but I've seen things and been to places that make the jug sound like paradise. :icon_smile11:

Ah the creative zen. Truly a pioneering and utterly magnificent piece of technology favoured by men of principle.

Hope you're keeping well DHD. :58big-emoticons:

Post #560266  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 am 

socrates wrote:
Niall wrote:

RIP Bernard.

Hey Niall,

Great to see you back, we were all a little worried.

Cheers Soc, great to see you're still posting. Hope you're well.

Post #560267  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:03 am 

Decaf wrote:
DHD wrote:

Berlimey - he lives!!

Been in jug?

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Good to hear from you Niall.

I knew there was a 'debate' before the epic Wiltord one but I'd forgotten it was about Grimandi of all people. Absurd in retrospect but very entertaining.

Cheers Decaf, good to hear from you too. Hope you're well.

Post #560268  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:05 am 

Rich wrote:
I thought Declan Rice was superb last night.

Good to see the Irish lads doing well.

Post #560269  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 pm 

Haaland and Rashford were out. Who wants to bet that they will have a miraculous recovery? I'd like to see a rule that if you are unfit enough for national team selection then you are unfit for the first game after the game. So you miss the game immediately after it.

Post #560270  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:28 pm 

socrates wrote:

I thought the same as did the commentators on Irish TV. Very strange and not great for Foden's morale or Saka's energy levels.

Post #560271  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 pm 

Niall wrote:
Rich wrote:
I thought Declan Rice was superb last night.

Hi Niall,

Great to see you back here.

Your lads had a big win against the mighty San Marino last night. :angel4:

Post #560272  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:54 pm 

dec wrote:
Niall wrote:

Hi Niall,

Great to see you back here.

Your lads had a big win against the mighty San Marino last night. :angel4:

Thanks Dec. It's great to see you're still around as well.

I have to admit you got me there. I did not know San Marino were playing last night. :26surprise:

Post #560273  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:31 pm 

https://www.planetfootball.com/trending ... k-denmark/

Already dubbed the next Haaland....even his name sounds the same. Apparently we're tracking him. He'd be a plan B centre forward at least

Post #560274  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:15 pm 

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/premier- ... e-12841247

Post #560275  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:41 pm 

The next Saka?

Post #560276  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:07 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/premier-league-footballer-accused-of-rape-is-now-being-investigated-on-suspicion-of-third-sexual-offence-12841247

Very worried that this may be .... no I'm not going to say it.

Post #560277  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:12 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/premier-league-footballer-accused-of-rape-is-now-being-investigated-on-suspicion-of-third-sexual-offence-12841247

A third time is embarrassing, abhorrent, criminal, let alone detrimental to the club this player represents. Your guess is probably correct who this is.

Post #560278  Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:49 am 

bromley gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

But they say he has been on bail. Does that not mean he has been charged and not just under investigation?

If it is Tommy he shouldn't be playing for us. If it isn't then the club should clarify that.

Can't love him and loathe him at the same time ffs.

Post #560279  Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:23 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

This is a really bizarre situation.

The law in this land says innocent until proven guilty and I suppose that legally the club is doing exactly the right thing. What else can they do? Until he is actually charged with something they can't suspend him, nor should they.

How would these offenses even be proven after such a long time has elapsed? Without witnesses or physical evidence such as pictures of bruising, hospital or doctors records etc is it not just his word against hers?

Rape/sexual offences are despicable crimes and, if guilty, he deserves everything he gets and more but I can't see how the club could handle this any differently than they are at the moment.

The lad at City was actually charged and Mason Greenwood's alleged offence was backed up by a fairly damning video online so I am not sure their respective clubs could do anything else but suspend them.

Post #560280  Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 am 

bubblechris wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

But they say he has been on bail. Does that not mean he has been charged and not just under investigation?

If it is Tommy he shouldn't be playing for us. If it isn't then the club should clarify that.

Can't love him and loathe him at the same time ffs.

Good question bubble, do you need to be actually charged with a crime to be released on bail or can you just be suspected and released on bail pending further enquiries/investigations? I think it may be the latter.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14004, 14005, 14006, 14007, 14008, 14009, 14010 ... 14269  Next