Fixtures Sunday August 1st - Chelsea - Emirates Stadium - The Mind Series - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:26 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot and 8 guests

 
Post #531041  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: SE9

Bernard wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Their next game (last 16 will be at Wembley). No quarter finals are at Wembley. Both semi finals and the final are at Wembley.

So if England reach the final, the only game they won’t have at Wembley will be the quarter final. One single game off having the home advantage England had in Euro 96 as the home nation? What a joke. Hope they get knocked out.

Every chance they'll be playing your lot next Bernard.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531042  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

bromley gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:
So if England reach the final, the only game they won’t have at Wembley will be the quarter final. One single game off having the home advantage England had in Euro 96 as the home nation? What a joke. Hope they get knocked out.

Every chance they'll be playing your lot next Bernard.

Is there? Multiply the last sentence of my previous post enormously.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531043  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

Zed wrote:
Could've sworn I saw TG on the Independent live sit of fans arriving at Wembley. :14laughter:

Easy to see, he was flailing his arms in exasperation. :angel9:

:12hello-bye: :12hello-bye:

It was me

Horrendous England performance lightened up by a young lad with bundles of talent and spirit. Well done B

Told you :laughing7:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531044  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6477
Location: Townsville Australia

Sterling not interested in swapping to Spurs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -deal.html

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531045  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
I have regularly seen reports as to how Brexit is affecting the general populace negatively. I have yet to see a single example of a benefit.

Hopefully somewhere along the line…..


The vaccine rollout would be rightly lauded as a success however our desperation for a remedy was definitely heightened by us being riddled with covid. So yes maybe you got a jab a couple months quicker because of it. Not sure that’s logical justification for wrecking several industries though


Well that wasn't what you was saying when I was calling for an end to lockdowns? I suppose that makes you sergeant Hindsight!

:42laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531046  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Turkeys still think Christmas is a great idea

https://twitter.com/bylinetv/status/140 ... 45190?s=21

I have regularly seen reports as to how Brexit is affecting the general populace negatively. I have yet to see a single example of a benefit.

Hopefully somewhere along the line…..

You're obviously reading the wrong newspaper and watching the wrong news stations or maybe you have your head in the sand?

As a one off try reading the Express for starters :42laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531047  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

:14laughter: t
bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The vaccine rollout would be rightly lauded as a success however our desperation for a remedy was definitely heightened by us being riddled with covid. So yes maybe you got a jab a couple months quicker because of it. Not sure that’s logical justification for wrecking several industries though


Well that wasn't what you was saying when I was calling for an end to lockdowns? I suppose that makes you sergeant Hindsight!

:42laughter:

Did you get the vaccine? If you did you're a total hypocrite

You’re ridiculous anti lockdown petition showed you up mate :58big-emoticons:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531048  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Did I ever say I was anti vax. You lie every time your mouth moves and the *%^@ you make up is beyond belief.

Read this Take that, Brussels! Brexit Britain booms as UK investment surges even DURING a pandemic

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... p_AppShare


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531049  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18835

I thought Saka's back to goal play was really good last night, his first touch is always sound and then he has the strength to hold off the pressing defender and often rolling or turning him and driving forward 40-50 yards. Easy to see why Southgate picked him as he gives a dimension that was missing from the first two games.

Also, Saka has made 3 starts and got 3 man of the match awards for England


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531050  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18835

Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531051  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

Rich wrote:
Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.

Might doing your second paragraph make Smith Rowe wonder if Arsenal could be tempted to accept an offer for him? If so, I would be against it. Also, I’ve never had any problem with Villa. A fine old, established and traditional club. Why deliberately try to mess up their transfer window? I think that would make us look petty, if not somewhat pathetic.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531052  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 7293

This extract from Jonathan Liew's piece on Saka in this morning's Grauniad:

There are a few reasons why Saka feels like he’s slipped under the radar a bit. First of all, his raw numbers are really nothing special. He has just five goals and three assists for Arsenal this season. More often than not, he’s the man who plays the pass before the pass: or in Arsenal’s case the pass before the pass before Nicolas Pépé puts the ball straight out for a goal kick. So often this season Saka has felt like a sparkling player being tethered down by the dunderheads around him.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531053  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

DHD wrote:
This extract from Jonathan Liew's piece on Saka in this morning's Grauniad:

There are a few reasons why Saka feels like he’s slipped under the radar a bit. First of all, his raw numbers are really nothing special. He has just five goals and three assists for Arsenal this season. More often than not, he’s the man who plays the pass before the pass: or in Arsenal’s case the pass before the pass before Nicolas Pépé puts the ball straight out for a goal kick. So often this season Saka has felt like a sparkling player being tethered down by the dunderheads around him.

I think that’s grossly unfair on Pépé. But despite that, the comments do explain why I think people who focus heavily on assists and goals scored as the reliable measure of a player’s effectiveness are hopelessly misguided.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531054  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 7293

Bernard wrote:
DHD wrote:
This extract from Jonathan Liew's piece on Saka in this morning's Grauniad:

There are a few reasons why Saka feels like he’s slipped under the radar a bit. First of all, his raw numbers are really nothing special. He has just five goals and three assists for Arsenal this season. More often than not, he’s the man who plays the pass before the pass: or in Arsenal’s case the pass before the pass before Nicolas Pépé puts the ball straight out for a goal kick. So often this season Saka has felt like a sparkling player being tethered down by the dunderheads around him.

I think that’s grossly unfair on Pépé. But despite that, the comments do explain why I think people who focus heavily on assists and goals scored as the reliable measure of a player’s effectiveness are hopelessly misguided.


I think the reference to Pépé was more for comic effect, Bern. This is the full (highly complimentary) article, if there's interest:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jun/22/bukayo-saka-euro-2020-england-czech-republic


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531055  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18835

Tierney knocked out so should be able to get a decent full preseason with us after a bit of a holiday. Xhaka and Saka still involved but I can't think of too many others who are away. I think we have Gabriel and Martinelli in the Brazil Olympics squad.

Massively important pre season, Arteta's first proper pre-season, we need to get our signings done asap and hit the ground running at the start of the season to take advantage. We don't have any long term injuries at the moment either - first time in a while I can think we've gone in to a season without someone on a long term injury.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531056  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18835

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.

Might doing your second paragraph make Smith Rowe wonder if Arsenal could be tempted to accept an offer for him? If so, I would be against it. Also, I’ve never had any problem with Villa. A fine old, established and traditional club. Why deliberately try to mess up their transfer window? I think that would make us look petty, if not somewhat pathetic.

Yeah I wouldn't advocate actually doing it, we're certainly better than that. I was more a jokey suggestion to annoy Villa.

Even if we did decide to do it I would expect we'd tell Smith Rowe that we have absolutely no intention of selling him first.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531057  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: SE9

Rich wrote:
Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.

It is slightly worrying that they see any point in making a second bid, as it suggests they weren't told he was not for sale under any circumstances. They must feel there's a chance of coming to some agreement.
Given who owns us I wouldn't be surprised if they sold him.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531058  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 18287

First job well done by England. The reward is a match against a potential trophy winning team, so history suggests we may not go any further in the competition. Southgate may have to release the handbrake to buck the odds, but for me there were some good signs last night. Saka was the obvious highlight and Kane looked more mobile. Grealish faded but has a brilliant first touch and ability to win free kicks. Sterling will always cause trouble when running forward, though he has the annoying habit of slowing build-up play at times. The major bonus is the defence which apart from Stones' scary far forward excursion last night has been almost Italian in its pragmatism.

_________________
"Young and caught up in life, we seldom watched the skies.”


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531059  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4582

bromley gooner wrote:
Rich wrote:
Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.

It is slightly worrying that they see any point in making a second bid, as it suggests they weren't told he was not for sale under any circumstances. They must feel there's a chance of coming to some agreement.
Given who owns us I wouldn't be surprised if they sold him.

Morning Bromley
Not even Arsenal are that stupid to countenance selling Emile Smith Rowe ........are they.
There would be a *%^@*** riot if this was to happen.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531060  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4582

As for the way we are treating Saliba or namely Arteta is treating him.
Shameful.
Farcical.
From Arteta being quoted as saying he was our player for sure and he would be coming back for pre season to now strong rumours that Saliba will be loaned out again or sold.
If that happens the little bit of respect i had for Arteta will disintegrate.
And for sure if Saliba is loaned out again then that will be his bridges with the club burnt.
Even if he has a blinder on loan next season there is no way he will commit to us by signing another with the 2 years left on his contract after next season.
I just find it extremely frustrating that a player with seemingly so much potential may not even be given a chance to show what he can do.
Considering what we spent on him that is a disgrace.
And all down to Mikel *%^@*** Arteta.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531061  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

david.d wrote:
As for the way we are treating Saliba or namely Arteta is treating him.
Shameful.
Farcical.
From Arteta being quoted as saying he was our player for sure and he would be coming back for pre season to now strong rumours that Saliba will be loaned out again or sold.
If that happens the little bit of respect i had for Arteta will disintegrate.
And for sure if Saliba is loaned out again then that will be his bridges with the club burnt.
Even if he has a blinder on loan next season there is no way he will commit to us by signing another with the 2 years left on his contract after next season.
I just find it extremely frustrating that a player with seemingly so much potential may not even be given a chance to show what he can do.
Considering what we spent on him that is a disgrace.
And all down to Mikel *%^@*** Arteta.

You just can’t beat another Saliba meltdown based on absolutely NOTHING :15laughter:

Darren got it absolutely nailed on when he described our fans as having some kind of fetish about this


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531062  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4582

TOP GUN wrote:
david.d wrote:
As for the way we are treating Saliba or namely Arteta is treating him.
Shameful.
Farcical.
From Arteta being quoted as saying he was our player for sure and he would be coming back for pre season to now strong rumours that Saliba will be loaned out again or sold.
If that happens the little bit of respect i had for Arteta will disintegrate.
And for sure if Saliba is loaned out again then that will be his bridges with the club burnt.
Even if he has a blinder on loan next season there is no way he will commit to us by signing another with the 2 years left on his contract after next season.
I just find it extremely frustrating that a player with seemingly so much potential may not even be given a chance to show what he can do.
Considering what we spent on him that is a disgrace.
And all down to Mikel *%^@*** Arteta.

You just can’t beat another Saliba meltdown based on absolutely NOTHING :15laughter:

Darren got it absolutely nailed on when he described our fans as having some kind of fetish about this

Yawwwwnnnnnnn


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531063  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
You just can’t beat another Saliba meltdown based on absolutely NOTHING :15laughter:

Darren got it absolutely nailed on when he described our fans as having some kind of fetish about this

Yawwwwnnnnnnn


Seriously write a letter to Vinai Venkatesham or something. If nothing else it might bring some closure on the issue for you


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531064  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4582

TOP GUN wrote:
david.d wrote:
Yawwwwnnnnnnn


Seriously write a letter to Vinai Venkatesham or something. If nothing else it might bring some closure on the issue for you

Yawn


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531065  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

Top 7 global problems

Food security.
Inclusive growth.
Future of work/unemployment.
Climate change.
Financial crisis
Future of the internet/Fourth Industrial Revolution.
William Salibas lack of minutes for Arsenal football club


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531066  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

Obviously, instead of Saliba’s lack of minutes as one of the seven main global issues can’t be a Gleiber forum poster’s unwillingness to let anyone else have the last post on an issue, even when the other person has only written ‘yawn’?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531067  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:53 pm
Posts: 3350
Location: Over here

dec wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
I think there's an interesting stylistic dilemma for England this tournament with your attacking options. Guys like Foden and Mount are brilliant players, but more team oriented, works well in a system but doesn't provide the same cutting edge as guys like Grealish, Rashford and Saka. Maybe the latter is better suited for a tournament like this, where almost every game is a decider.

Grealish is an absolute gem of a player. I can't understand why he isn't a fixture in the team.


Have it on good authority that the manager and some of his back room staff cannot stand him, stems from U21 days when he was seen as a disruptive character. Nothing to do with ability.

_________________
"You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531068  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: SE9

david.d wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
It is slightly worrying that they see any point in making a second bid, as it suggests they weren't told he was not for sale under any circumstances. They must feel there's a chance of coming to some agreement.
Given who owns us I wouldn't be surprised if they sold him.

Morning Bromley
Not even Arsenal are that stupid to countenance selling Emile Smith Rowe ........are they.
There would be a *%^@*** riot if this was to happen.

You’d hope not David. It just seems odd if Villa weren’t given a clear ‘not for sale, feck off’ message. Anyway, it’s probably just more clickbait.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531069  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

Bernard wrote:
Unless instead of Saliba’s lack of minutes is a Gleiber forum poster’s unwillingness to let anyone else have the last post on an issue, even when the other person has only written a derivative of ‘yawn’?

The only person here with an issue about having the last word on anything is you :58big-emoticons:

I merely can’t resist indulging you

WHY OH WHY ISNT ARTETA PLAYING SALIBA!!!! errr it’s pre season


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531070  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 14125

On smith Rowe I wouldn’t worry too much.

Have a read up on his agent who sounds a
Tottenham supporting prat of the highest order. Just angling for a better contract


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531071  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14884
Location: Stockholm

Whatever one thinks of Arteta and Edu, they don't strike me as being blind to the current negative mood among Arsenal fans based on the chaos of the last few years. Selling Smith-Rowe would not only be a terrible football decision, but an absolute disaster from a PR perspective that would lead fans to rightfully want to see their heads roll. Just no way they're going to let that happen, unless Smith-Rowe suddenly decided he desperately wants out.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531072  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 14884
Location: Stockholm

Even from a financial standpoint it would be a horrible decision - Villa are reported to have bid £25m, and are now supposedly raising that to £30m. If Smith-Rowe continues on his current trajectory we could easily fetch twice as much in just a year or two. There's absolutely nothing to gain for Arsenal by selling.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531073  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 18835

Seems like some snails pace movements on some of the outgoings.
Xhaka to Roma has stalled. Two teams need to agree a fee

Torreira now seems happy to move to Lazio after saying he only wanted to go and play for Boca. Two teams need to agree a fee

Guendouzi now of interest to Marseille who want a loan with obligation to buy. The only reason for loans with obligation to buy is over the delay of the payment but if we can get the fee we want for Matteo (rumoured to be 20m euros) then I'd take the loan with obligation to buy.

Right now these seem to be the 3 closest to leaving.

Newcastle are interested on Willock obviously, there are a number of teams after AMN but nothing concrete and I've not heard a whisper about Nelson or Nketiah.

Arsenal would do well to try to get Nketiah in on any deal for White (or Bissouma) from Brighton. He'd be good at finishing all the chances they create.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531074  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 9428
Location: Singapore

Rich wrote:
Apparently Villa are coming back with an improved bid of £30m for Smith-Rowe. It seems a strange one that Villa think they can sign him from us. I wouldn't put it beyond clubs to make 'posturing' bids - bids that they know won't happen but show the ambition of the club to the fans. I'm sure we've done it in the past.

It would be tempting to just string Villa along until the end of the window making them think they have a chance.


I wouldn't do that. Counter intuitive, because we should not inject negative thoughts in the mind of Emile Smith Rowe

_________________
Onwards and Upwards!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531075  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 9428
Location: Singapore

DHD wrote:
This extract from Jonathan Liew's piece on Saka in this morning's Grauniad:

There are a few reasons why Saka feels like he’s slipped under the radar a bit. First of all, his raw numbers are really nothing special. He has just five goals and three assists for Arsenal this season. More often than not, he’s the man who plays the pass before the pass: or in Arsenal’s case the pass before the pass before Nicolas Pépé puts the ball straight out for a goal kick. So often this season Saka has felt like a sparkling player being tethered down by the dunderheads around him.


So true .... which is why I fear it is a matter of time before the top clubs start to bait him. Arsenal need to show ambition and progress on the field at a faster rate.

_________________
Onwards and Upwards!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531076  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am
Posts: 2428

david.d wrote:
As for the way we are treating Saliba or namely Arteta is treating him.
Shameful.
Farcical.
From Arteta being quoted as saying he was our player for sure and he would be coming back for pre season to now strong rumours that Saliba will be loaned out again or sold.
If that happens the little bit of respect i had for Arteta will disintegrate.
And for sure if Saliba is loaned out again then that will be his bridges with the club burnt.
Even if he has a blinder on loan next season there is no way he will commit to us by signing another with the 2 years left on his contract after next season.
I just find it extremely frustrating that a player with seemingly so much potential may not even be given a chance to show what he can do.
Considering what we spent on him that is a disgrace.
And all down to Mikel *%^@*** Arteta.

Hi David, I hate to agree with Top Gun, and will generally do whatever is required to avoid it. However, getting angry about something that hasn't even happened yet - i.e. Saliba maybe going out on loan next season - just doesn't seem like a very good use of your energy. If every 'strong rumour' turned out to be true, we'd have signed Higuain, Zaha, Aouar, Buendia, etc, etc...

_________________
'It's the gaps what rocks' - Steve Marriott


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531077  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Unless instead of Saliba’s lack of minutes is a Gleiber forum poster’s unwillingness to let anyone else have the last post on an issue, even when the other person has only written a derivative of ‘yawn’?

The only person here with an issue about having the last word on anything is you :58big-emoticons:

I merely can’t resist indulging you

WHY OH WHY ISNT ARTETA PLAYING SALIBA!!!! errr it’s pre season

If you remember correctly, which you obviously don’t, I did actually let you have the last post on our last disagreement. Zed, a poster I have respect for, had commented on it and although you had in your normal obsessive manner done the last post, for the sake of everyone else not getting bored, I left it at that.

So either you’re a blatant liar or you have a dreadful memory? I prefer to put it down to your memory.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531078  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 23704

Rich wrote:
Tierney knocked out so should be able to get a decent full preseason with us after a bit of a holiday. Xhaka and Saka still involved but I can't think of too many others who are away. I think we have Gabriel and Martinelli in the Brazil Olympics squad.

Massively important pre season, Arteta's first proper pre-season, we need to get our signings done asap and hit the ground running at the start of the season to take advantage. We don't have any long term injuries at the moment either - first time in a while I can think we've gone in to a season without someone on a long term injury.

Martinelli missed the final cut for the Brazil squad.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531079  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 9335

If England will play the runner up of Group F (France, Germany, Portugal and Hungary), am I right in thinking for England to get France in the next round (the last sixteen), Germany have to beat Hungary while France and Portugal have to draw their game? I think that would put Germany top of the group, France second, Portugal third and Hungary fourth.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #531080  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2871

TOP GUN wrote:
Zed wrote:
Could've sworn I saw TG on the Independent live sit of fans arriving at Wembley. :14laughter:

Easy to see, he was flailing his arms in exasperation. :angel9:

:12hello-bye: :12hello-bye:

It was me

Horrendous England performance lightened up by a young lad with bundles of talent and spirit. Well done B

Told you :laughing7:

He was wonderful.

_________________
Be careful who you call your friends. I'd rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 532379 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13274, 13275, 13276, 13277, 13278, 13279, 13280 ... 13310  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot and 8 guests


Search for:

cron

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018