Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 38 guests

Post #552521  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm 

And honestly the warm up. Designed to minimise injury in the game. Of course that’s when he’s been injured.

Post #552522  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:46 pm 

Ash wrote:
long time gooner wrote:
Thomas Partey has pulled out of the Ghana starting XI against Brazil due to a knock picked up during the warm-up.

Hey ho.

What is this man made of?? The finest porcelain.

It’s strange. In his last three season at Atletico Madrid he must have been verging on injury free. In 2017/18 he played 33 La Liga games; in 2018/19 he played 32 La Liga matches; in 2019/20 he played 35 La Liga games. Over the three seasons he also played 38 cup games.

Post #552523  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 pm 

Southgate seems to be picking this back 5 and defensive safety first football almost as needs must as he doesn’t trust a back 4 or the technical quality of englands players to dominate a game. To some extent I agree with him, but he keeps leaving out players who are technically better than what he picks in favour of more robotic safe players.
Picking Saka at left wing back when he hasn’t played there in 3 years and is one of the best right wingers in the prem is bizarre.

England have one of if not the best No.9 in the world, surround him with creative quality from wide areas and pick players centrally and in defence who don’t just hoof it.

Ben white should be picked in a back 4 with Stones, James, Chilwell. Or go for broke and pick Trent - there’s not much between him and James in my opinion.
Saka has to start on the right wing, play players in the system and position they play for their clubs and play attacking football. I’d like to see Maddison given a chance and someone else on the left wing other than Sterling who has scored a lot of goals but his touch is awful.

Post #552524  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 pm 

Rich wrote:
Southgate seems to be picking this back 5 and defensive safety first football almost as needs must as he doesn’t trust a back 4 or the technical quality of englands players to dominate a game. To some extent I agree with him, but he keeps leaving out players who are technically better than what he picks in favour of more robotic safe players.
Picking Saka at left wing back when he hasn’t played there in 3 years and is one of the best right wingers in the prem is bizarre.

England have one of if not the best No.9 in the world, surround him with creative quality from wide areas and pick players centrally and in defence who don’t just hoof it.

Ben white should be picked in a back 4 with Stones, James, Chilwell. Or go for broke and pick Trent - there’s not much between him and James in my opinion.
Saka has to start on the right wing, play players in the system and position they play for their clubs and play attacking football. I’d like to see Maddison given a chance and someone else on the left wing other than Sterling who has scored a lot of goals but his touch is awful.

I watched the last three minutes of injury time. Have Italy lightened the shade of blue for their shirts? I thought they used to have a darker (albeit way off navy) shade of blue shirts than they had today.

Post #552525  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:53 am 

https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/uefa-nat ... s-to-italy

Saka rated as worst England player :20hospitals:

Post #552526  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:26 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:
If you honestly think I am stupid please ignore my posts.

I'll ignore yours until you learn some manners.

I don’t think you’re stupid at all. I never said you were. I feel you said something stupid in that post, which isn’t the same as calling you stupid. Just saying something that is stupid doesn’t make one stupid.

Are you seriously saying you would rather be murdered than live under a corrupt government? Because that is surely what you strongly implied. Hence I think that was a stupid thing to say.

I am sorry if you feel I was being rude. But I think that has more to do with you taking what I said the wrong way rather than me lacking manners.

Greetings Bernard. Sorry for getting on my high horse.

My point was if your live in a country where corruption is rampant (and money laundering is pretty central to that), you have high chance of being miserable or dying/being killed before your time.

In fact, even if we narrow it down to serial killers ... the worst serial killers (in terms of people killed) in history are in places like South America (they tend to move around) and Pakistan. Not because they are exceptionally vicious or clever, but because they are less likely to be caught or even noticed in such countries.

Post #552527  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 am 

gooner7 wrote:
https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/uefa-nations-league/story/4752710/england-relegated-in-nations-league-after-loss-to-italy

They played him at wing back ? Twats

Think Southgate may have run his course.

There’s plenty of attacking talent in that side so to struggle to score goals is daft

Post #552528  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:50 am 

gooner7 wrote:
https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/uefa-nations-league/story/4752710/england-relegated-in-nations-league-after-loss-to-italy

I started to get excited when I read in the article below that one describing "the imperious Marquinhos". But of course that is not our Marquinhos :sad4: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #552529  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:47 pm 

Arsenal women 1 up against the spudettes.

Post #552530  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:

Got a second close to half time.

Post #552531  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:57 pm 

Bernard wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

One way traffic, 4 with 20 minutes to go.

Post #552532  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:37 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

One way traffic, 4 with 20 minutes to go.

Finished 4-0. Apparently we broke a record with eight clean sheets in the women’s league. If that is the case, it’s across two seasons.

Post #552533  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

There’s plenty of attacking talent in that side so to struggle to score goals is daft

Saka is more than capable of filling in a number of positions but you can get dragged down to the general mediocrity of the play. Crazy that anyone would criticise Saka for not having a stella game playing at left wing back when he thrives as a right winger. That and having the turgid Maguire as his left sided CB....

England play Maguire, Dier, Walker as CB - none of them are good ball playing CB so we struggle to progress the ball quickly. Southgate should be picking his most technically able players, if he wants a back 3 go with White, Stones, Guehi. Get Chilwell in as a proper left wing back, James/Trent on the other side and play Foden and Saka either side of Kane with Rice and Bellingham in the centre of the park. Personally I'd pick that team minus the extra CB and bring in another central midfielder. You could have a pair of 8's like Arsenal deploy and use Bellingham and Maddison/Foden

Post #552534  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:42 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:
What is this man made of?? The finest porcelain.

It’s strange. In his last three season at Atletico Madrid he must have been verging on injury free. In 2017/18 he played 33 La Liga games; in 2018/19 he played 32 La Liga matches; in 2019/20 he played 35 La Liga games. Over the three seasons he also played 38 cup games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thomas- ... ler/230784

Here is Partey's injury history. In his 5 years at Atletico he only missed 6 games through injury. He didn't seem to be first choice in his 1st two seasons but from 17/18 season he was all but ever present

Post #552535  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:16 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Saka is more than capable of filling in a number of positions but you can get dragged down to the general mediocrity of the play. Crazy that anyone would criticise Saka for not having a stella game playing at left wing back when he thrives as a right winger. That and having the turgid Maguire as his left sided CB....

England play Maguire, Dier, Walker as CB - none of them are good ball playing CB so we struggle to progress the ball quickly. Southgate should be picking his most technically able players, if he wants a back 3 go with White, Stones, Guehi. Get Chilwell in as a proper left wing back, James/Trent on the other side and play Foden and Saka either side of Kane with Rice and Bellingham in the centre of the park. Personally I'd pick that team minus the extra CB and bring in another central midfielder. You could have a pair of 8's like Arsenal deploy and use Bellingham and Maddison/Foden

I just don’t think at any point the England side should ever play 3 at the back with wing backs. it’s never worked as it involves 5 players who play for different clubs forming a very cohesive defensive unit and it nearly always involves a talented winger being shoe horned into one of the wide positions.

Just a shite idea and going by that team selection it looks like Southgate hasn’t learned from the final defeat when they should have gone for the jugular. It’s the Mike Bassett movie joke really where they joke about changing the formation all the time.

Post #552536  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:34 pm 

Tierney gone off with concussion in the Scotland v Ireland game.

Post #552537  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:34 pm 

Hmm. Can see this developing badly on Tuesday then.

Fears that Partey could miss the north London derby have been eased after a member of the Black Stars’ medical team issued a positive update on the Arsenal midfielder’s fitness.

Journalist George Addo Junior posted on Twitter that he had received an update from a member of the Ghana medical team stating that 29-year-old was left out of the Black Stars’ game against Brazil as a ‘precaution’.

The tweet read: “A member of the Black Stars medical team has confirmed to me Partey’s exclusion was only precautionary.

Partey felt uncomfortable around his knee and was advised to pull out. He should be ready for Tuesday’s game.”

Post #552538  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:49 pm 

Who knows what to believe?

After further talks between Arsenal and Ghana today it’s been decided Thomas Partey will return to London, rather than stay with the national team for the rest of the break.

Arsenal felt that was the better option, given he wasn’t go to play against Nicaragua on Tuesday anyway.

Charles Watts

Post #552539  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:15 pm 

dec wrote:

Concussion presumably (and hopefully) won’t keep him out for the Tottenham game a week away. Scotland have a game on Tuesday away against Ukraine? Will concussion today keep him out of that?

EDIT: The Evening Glasgow Times wrote the following.

“Tierney seemed adamant he could continue in the Nations League clash but it appeared he was told he would be coming off by physios.

The full-back was visibly disappointed to be forced off with head injury protocols appearing to take the decision out of his hands.“

If he wanted to continue and it was the physios who come off with the current head injury protocols as they are, I wouldn’t have thought it would keep Tierney out of the Tottenham match next Saturday.

Post #552540  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:28 pm 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

Concussion presumably (and hopefully) won’t keep him out for the Tottenham game a week away. Scotland have a game on Tuesday away against Ukraine? Will concussion today keep him out of that?

Yes. I presume he will be out of the next Scotland game but should be OK for us next weekend.

Post #552541  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 pm 

Just reading up on it and the minimum period for return to play after concussion is 6 days. He obviously wouldn't be able to train for a few days either, so he might very well be a doubt for the Tottenham game.

Post #552542  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:10 pm 

dec wrote:
Just reading up on it and the minimum period for return to play after concussion is 6 days. He obviously wouldn't be able to train for a few days either, so he might very well be a doubt for the Tottenham game.

Six days time is next Friday. I’d like to think he will be okay to play against Tottenham. Not being able to train presumably doesn’t mean he has to stay in bed until Friday. I would hope there’ll be physical activities he can do that’ll keep him fit for next Saturday. And if he has Friday to train fully.

Post #552543  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 pm 

Bernard wrote:
dec wrote:

Six days time is next Friday. I’d like to think he will be okay to play against Tottenham. Not being able to train presumably doesn’t mean he has to stay in bed until Friday. I would hope there’ll be physical activities he can do that’ll keep him fit for next Saturday. And if he has Friday to train fully.

It's not really about fitness, but more about participation in tactical preparation for the game. I'd guess he will be able to play alright.

Post #552544  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:26 am 

Can we just do away with international football already :laughing7:

Partey gets injured, Tierney concussion, that div Southgate plays Saka out of position in a loss affecting his confidence,

it screws us every time

Post #552545  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 am 

Tomiyasu has withdrawn from the Japan squad & will not feature in their friendly against Ecuador on Tuesday due to ‘club circumstances’, suggesting that Arsenal requested his leave from the national team.

Post #552546  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am 

long time gooner wrote:
Tomiyasu has withdrawn from the Japan squad & will not feature in their friendly against Ecuador on Tuesday due to ‘club circumstances’, suggesting that Arsenal requested his leave from the national team.

Strange one. Very strange considering that other players are not being released from their international squads. Wonder what’s behind it?

The transfer window has closed so it can’t have anything to do with him wanting to leave or Arsenal wanting to sell. So why?

Post #552547  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:45 am 

dec wrote:

I don't like that 'minimum'.

Post #552548  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:32 pm 

Who thought of Orange and Black as an Irish strip?

Post #552549  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:39 pm 

Decaf wrote:
dec wrote:

Wouldn’t be worried about it. I imagine they had to pick a number of days and chose six as a minimum. The Tottenham game is in seven days from the incident.

Post #552550  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:57 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

It's not the first time they've worn it but it looks weird. That blue kit they had against Qatar was bizarre too.

Post #552551  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:29 pm 

dec wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

It's not the first time they've worn it but it looks weird. That blue kit they had against Qatar was bizarre too.

I can see no reason why the shorts would have been green. It would have looked ok. But Black? And that strip against Qatar was very weird.

Post #552552  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am 

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Wouldn’t be worried about it. I imagine they had to pick a number of days and chose six as a minimum. The Tottenham game is in seven days from the incident.

I hope so. I don't fancy facing Spurs sans Partey.

Post #552553  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:09 am 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I hope so. I don't fancy facing Spurs sans Partey.

You’re getting confused. The number of days recovery refers to concussion as possibly incurred by Tierney. Partey injuring himself warming up is another story.

Post #552554  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:58 am 

dec wrote:

No doubt ..head butted by Willie John or kicked in the bollocks by Tony O'Reilly .
Be Jasus ; I've followed the underhand misadventures of the doity Oirish pl**cks since 1959 .

Post #552555  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:24 am 

kiwipete wrote:
dec wrote:

No doubt ..head butted by Willie John or kicked in the bollocks by Tony O'Reilly .
Be Jasus ; I've followed the underhand misadventures of the doity Oirish pl**cks since 1959 .

:sign19:

Ok, on behalf of those interested, I'll ask:

What's a pl**ck??

Post #552556  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:16 am 

john1 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

:sign19:

Ok, on behalf of those interested, I'll ask:

What's a pl**ck??

Good question, john. You could additionally ask, who the pl**ck are Willie John and Tony O'Reilly?

Post #552557  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:14 am 

We’ve wrecked our economy so that middle aged white people could have a moment to display their xenophobia’s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-63031372

Post #552558  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:20 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
We’ve wrecked our economy so that middle aged white people could have a moment to display their xenophobia’s

Not quite. That's an effect.

The cause is the likes of Crispin Odey and other shadowy figures in the financial world. This is the real reason for Brexit. The xenophobia was the tool they exploited to win the vote.

Post #552559  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 am 

john1 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The cause is the likes of Crispin Odey and other shadowy figures in the financial world. This is the real reason for Brexit. The xenophobia was the tool they exploited to win the vote.

When does the realisation happen when they understand this thing will eat through everything we have and they can’t lie about it anymore ?

Economic growth, our currency and even the construct of the UK. It destroys it all.

It’s become so tiresome reading about the damage we are doing to ourselves.

Post #552560  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:38 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

When does the realisation happen when they understand this thing will eat through everything we have and they can’t lie about it anymore ?

Economic growth, our currency and even the construct of the UK. It destroys it all.

It’s become so tiresome reading about the damage we are doing to ourselves.

We're not the ones doing the damage.

But voting Tory at the next election will mean you are responsible for letting them get away with it.

[ 570668 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13811, 13812, 13813, 13814, 13815, 13816, 13817 ... 14267  Next