Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf, Googlebot and 342 guests

Post #557641  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:04 pm 

According to Charles Watts, Arsenal are appealing their FA charge against Oxford as it was unreasonable and unfair. And the club has strong proof. Now awaiting FA response.
Well done Arsenal.

Post #557642  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:14 pm 

I think we’ll go as high as £70m for Caicedo, Brighton will say no and we’ll move on to other targets.

Brighton could get the same money if not more in the summer so no reason for them to sell now.

I’m not sure I’d want another prospect in that position, we need proven ability, which despite being only 21 Caicedo was ideal as he’s done it in the Prem.

If we’re serious about Rice in the summer and see him as the lone 6 then I’d want us to bring in a hybrid 6/8 who can cover Partey and Xhaka and still leave room for Rice. Zubimendi from Spain might be that guy, £52m release clause and likened to Xabi Alonso

Post #557643  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Partey is ok for Everton.

Thank you allah

Where have you seen that? I’d love for it to be true.

Hopefully it’s not just a negotiating stance to make us seem less desperate for an incoming player thereby keeping the fee down.

And is Caicedo really worth such a huge fee?

Post #557644  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:46 pm 

Looking through the squad how many second 11 players can come in and replicate what the first 11 player does? Not exactly or to the same high level but at a good level that they are still a threat and overall performance doesn’t drop. And I mean this by bringing just that player in to the starting 11

Jesus/Nketiah
White/Tomiyasu
Zinchenko/Tierney
Martinelli/Trossard - early but the signs look good
Ramsdale/Turner
Ødegaard/Emile Smith Rowe - Emile Smith Rowe needs time to find out where he’s actually going to be most effective in Arteta’s system

In theory then you could also have
Saliba/White
Saka/Trossard

So it’s clear that the key players we can’t afford to lose are Partey, Xhaka, Gabriel, Saka.

Post #557645  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Partey is ok for Everton.

Thank you allah

Hopefully it’s not just a negotiating stance to make us seem less desperate for an incoming player thereby keeping the fee down.

It’s well publicised. Although partey could be paralysed from the neck down and they don’t want Brighton to know :laughing7:

Just been suggested we have upped our bid to 60+10 in add ons. They apparently want 80 which would make him the most expensive transfer of all time for Arsenal. Honestly that’s a huge fee and I don’t know anywhere near enough about the player to suggest it makes sense.

Post #557646  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:56 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
long time gooner wrote:

It’s well publicised. Although partey could be paralysed from the neck down and they don’t want Brighton to know :laughing7:

Just been suggested we have upped our bid to 60+10 in add ons. They apparently want 80 which would make him the most expensive transfer of all time for Arsenal. Honestly that’s a huge fee and I don’t know anywhere near enough about the player to suggest it makes sense.

Hi TG
I know nothing about him either and really is he worth this money??
Of course not but there must be something about him that has made Chelsea bid 55 and us up to.70.
If rejected we need to move on.
Zubimendi at societad has a 52 release clause.
Xavi apparently has sung his praises that he is as good as busquets.
Maybe more value with this guy?
We cannot afford another record breaking guy who doesn't hit the heights he is expected to

Post #557647  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:09 pm 

david.d wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Hi TG
I know nothing about him either and really is he worth this money??
Of course not but there must be something about him that has made Chelsea bid 55 and us up to.70.
If rejected we need to move on.
Zubimendi at societad has a 52 release clause.
Xavi apparently has sung his praises that he is as good as busquets.
Maybe more value with this guy?
We cannot afford another record breaking guy who doesn't hit the heights he is expected to

Zubimendi sounds more experienced and probably much better value, although it is often the case that inbound players do not adapt well to the Premier League.

As least Caicedo has some track record albeit extremely brief.

Post #557648  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:21 pm 

Update : Brighton reject 120 million pound Arsenal bid for Caicedo

Arsenal expected to increase bid close to cost of HS2

Post #557649  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:50 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Update : Brighton reject 120 million pound Arsenal bid for Caicedo

Arsenal expected to increase bid close to cost of HS2
:15laughter: :15laughter:

Post #557650  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:25 am 

Big if, but assuming we beat an Everton in turmoil and if....IF sperz can nick a point off City, then City will have to reel off a lot of wins including over us.

Post #557651  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:12 am 

Michael Jackson and Bob Marley in Jamaica (1975)
The Jackson 5 visited Jamaica in 1975 to play Jamaica Stadium with Bob Marley and the Wailers. Former Wailer Peter Tosh returned to the lineup for the show, one of the last times that he would ever perform with the band. Tosh, like Michael, built a legacy fighting for equal rights. In this photo, the Jackson 5 poses in a tree with Bob Marley, The Wailers, and friends.

Attachments:

Post #557652  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:07 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Other than City twice, and if we can just not lose and we'll be okay. Can we win at Chelsea and Newcastle?

Winning at Chelsea has already happened.

Otherwise, everything is possible!

For example, according to current betting odds, there is a 44% chance that City will drop points as Spurs. The odds would probably about the same in our Newcastle game.

City would be slight favourites to get the better of our two games, but that is offset by our lead, which is why we are very slight bookie's favourites.

Then injuries, form, etc are a huge wildcard.

The word 'unpredictable' describes that situation perfectly!

Post #557653  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:16 am 

Spurs set to sign Porro today for £45m. £45m for a right-back on top of the £25m they spent of RB Royal and the £20m they spent on RB Spence just 6 months ago. And the £15m signing of RB Doherty a few windows ago. So that’s £100m on right-backs…..and yet their fans will moan that the board hasn’t given funds to the manager.

It is a classic response when plenty of funds have been provided but have been wasted

Post #557654  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:18 am 

Rich wrote:
Spurs set to sign Porro today for £45m. £45m for a right-back on top of the £25m they spent of RB Royal and the £20m they spent on RB Spence just 6 months ago. And the £15m signing of RB Doherty a few windows ago. So that’s £100m on right-backs…..and yet their fans will moan that the board hasn’t given funds to the manager.

It is a classic response when plenty of funds have been provided but have been wasted

The next manager will not be thanking Conte. All good news really.

Post #557655  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 am 

I am hoping we are playing poker with Brighton and pressing our advantage.
Trossard is telling him it's great there. That's a given. The player is completely unsettled.

Brighton know they will have a somewhat useless player the rest of the campaign.

They are motivated to sell and we should risk walking away and finding a makeshift replacement for the rest of the season.

Post #557656  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:06 am 

Man U have had a high proportion of home games against weak sides (City aside) and have 4 of their next 5 at home in the league. And 6 of their next 8 overall

When you look at each of the away games they’ve played in this run (except Forest away) they’ve struggled in every single one.

I think they’ll continue to struggle in away games- in March they have Liverpool, Brighton, Newcastle in 3 of 4 league games

Post #557657  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:56 am 

Fabrizio Romano: “Despite reports to the contrary, I’m not aware of second Arsenal bid for Moises Caicedo submitted on Saturday, let’s see on Sunday what happens. The last bid was the one I mentioned on Friday: £60m, rejected.”

Post #557658  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:27 pm 

Mitoma looks a heck of a player. Very similar I think to what we'd have got from Mudryk.

Forget Caicedo, let's sign Brighton's scouting network.

Post #557659  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:35 pm 

socrates wrote:
Mitoma looks a heck of a player. Very similar I think to what we'd have got from Mudryk.

Their set up is incredible Soc
McAllister Mitoma Ben White Bissouma Maupay
Trossard Cucurella Caicedo Estupinian
Ferguson
They can certainly identify talent

Post #557660  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:39 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
socrates wrote:

Their set up is incredible Soc
McAllister Mitoma Ben White Bissouma Maupay
Trossard Cucurella Caicedo Estupinian
Ferguson
They can certainly identify talent

Hi Andy,

Amazing.

Makes you wonder why other teams with far more resources can't scout players with as much success.

I imagine they might get £80m offers for Mitoma if he carries on playing this well.

Post #557661  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:49 pm 

Being reported chelsea are going to pay the 120m buyout clause for enzo Fernandez.

Nuts

Post #557662  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:49 pm 

From the feeling my age department I was watching Fulham vs Sunderland FA Cup tie yesterday
Decent game 1:1 ….in the 90tb minute a Sunderland guy, Chris Rigg scored the winner( later chalked off by VAR)
He is 15

Post #557663  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:52 pm 

Ornstein

Arsenal are expected to increase their bid for Caicedo equal to the overall cost of the Apollo space programme. Brighton expected to reject

Post #557664  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:46 pm 

Magic of the Cup
Wrexham all up for the biggest game of their season against a team second in the Championship
Huge enthusiastic crowd
One down in 62 seconds and two of their back three off injured and substituted in first three minutes!
Man they must have offended the FA Cup gods

Post #557665  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:53 pm 

Andy Green wrote:
Magic of the Cup
Wrexham all up for the biggest game of their season against a team second in the Championship
Huge enthusiastic crowd
One down in 62 seconds and two of their back three off injured and substituted in first three minutes!

Brought it back to 1-1

Post #557666  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Ornstein

Arsenal are expected to increase their bid for Caicedo equal to the overall cost of the Apollo space programme. Brighton expected to reject

Brighton have just sealed a £6m deal for Yasmin Ayari, 19 year old Swedish central midfielder….maybe we should just sign this guy instead!

Post #557667  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:59 pm 

Ash wrote:
Andy Green wrote:
Magic of the Cup
Huge enthusiastic crowd

Brought it back to 1-1

And now lead!

Post #557668  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:17 pm 

This from Fabrizio Romano, then taken down. Questionable to say they least.

Attachments:

Post #557669  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:21 pm 

Zed wrote:
This from Fabrizio Romano, then taken down. Questionable to say they least.

Surely fakes. This nonsense is never ending

Post #557670  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:13 pm 

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1 ... 9pFu5-mfZw

This is a disgraceful tackle and terrible how the var ref has not asked the ref to review this to upgrade it to a red card.

We see some studs over the ball tackles that gets reds and whilst you can see why the ref gave a red you can also see there is an element of mistiming or over enthusiasm from the player. However these sorts of tackles are disgraceful because there is no chance of Fabinho winning the ball, the tackle is designed to take down the man and therefore any injury bad or not is based on pure luck.

PGMOL came out earlier in the season and said there were 6 decisions that were wrong so far this season. You can’t go back and give those goals etc but there is no reason why tackles like this shouldn’t be reviewed again and a red and 3 game ban given.

See also Andy Carroll’s tackle on Eriksen which left Eriksen on crutches

Post #557671  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:24 pm 

Monza in Italy currently 13 points clear of the relegation zone. If they stay up the obligation to buy Pablo Mari triggers for about £6m

Post #557672  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:45 pm 

Balogun just scored the equaliser for Reims against PSG (who had a man sent off and were *%^@) in the 96th minute virtually the last kick of the game. PSG time wasting like nothing I’ve seen since ooh, David De Gea, and bam, so composed, pace and round the keeper and had to lift it over two defenders on the line. So impressive.

Post #557673  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:58 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1619720149992366089?s=46&t=V64f9Je9Ypvt9pFu5-mfZw

This is a disgraceful tackle and terrible how the var ref has not asked the ref to review this to upgrade it to a red card.

We see some studs over the ball tackles that gets reds and whilst you can see why the ref gave a red you can also see there is an element of mistiming or over enthusiasm from the player. However these sorts of tackles are disgraceful because there is no chance of Fabinho winning the ball, the tackle is designed to take down the man and therefore any injury bad or not is based on pure luck.

PGMOL came out earlier in the season and said there were 6 decisions that were wrong so far this season. You can’t go back and give those goals etc but there is no reason why tackles like this shouldn’t be reviewed again and a red and 3 game ban given.

See also Andy Carroll’s tackle on Eriksen which left Eriksen on crutches

I was watching the game. It wasn't malicious but Fabinho got it totally wrong. He apologised immediately and it was obvious that he thought he would get a red card from the VAR review. The fact that he didn't is yet another example of how screwed up the officiating is. Studs on the achilles twisting the ankle and Ferguson had to be taken off. It was a blatant red card.

Five minutes earlier, McAllister was going through on goal when Konate pushed him over. Blind lino saw nothing wrong and no VAR review. VAR is a good idea but the implementation is lamentable.

Post #557674  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:04 pm 

Balogun scored again tonight, 96th minute equaliser for Reims away to PSG. 11 goals in 19 games.
Huge question as to what we do with him next year. Stay and be part of the squad, another loan maybe in the prem, or cash in while his stock is sky high. Still only 21. The kid has something and has taken his chance this year so well

Post #557675  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Balogun scored again tonight, 96th minute equaliser for Reims away to PSG. 11 goals in 19 games.
Huge question as to what we do with him next year. Stay and be part of the squad, another loan maybe in the prem, or cash in while his stock is sky high. Still only 21. The kid has something and has taken his chance this year so well

Finish was very Haaland like. Can’t see us needing a striker any time soon.

Post #557676  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:09 pm 

Of the top 6 highest goalscorers aged 21 or under in the big 5 leagues this season Arsenal own 3 of them

Post #557677  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:39 pm 

All going a bit bonkers outside my house.
Fireworks,car horns,people hollering
Eagles in the Super Bowl

Post #557678  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:35 am 

Here's me trying to do Edu's job (and no criticism, he's doing a fine job). Why not offer tham Sambi on loan with an option to buy at a decent price and if they balk a bit, throw in a sweetener like Reiss Nelson or whomever?

Post #557679  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:04 am 

Andy Green wrote:
All going a bit bonkers outside my house.
Fireworks,car horns,people hollering
Eagles in the Super Bowl

The "Iggles"!! Yes! Whenever any Philly team wins, its the only time in the city you can go to any neighborhood and not be touched if you are wearing the jersey. Right now you can walk through North, South or West Philly with an Eagles jersey on nothing will happen...haha

Post #557680  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:24 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Here's me trying to do Edu's job (and no criticism, he's doing a fine job). Why not offer tham Sambi on loan with an option to buy at a decent price and if they balk a bit, throw in a sweetener like Reiss Nelson or whomever?

Why on earth would they want either of those players.

[ 571950 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13939, 13940, 13941, 13942, 13943, 13944, 13945 ... 14299  Next